Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

hot tea.honey, lemon and a good dose of brandy!
     then go to bed~~best thing for a cold as they say to drink fluids and rest~~

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

I've been drinking tea with honey and lemon. I'm also taking Mucinex. That seems to help a bit. I will have to try the brandy too!! I've had this thing for over a week now and it just keeps hanging on.

• proudtospin

Slow--the brandy is important although a dollop of rum or scotch works just as well!  much better than all those dang cold meds

feel better

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

Slow.. Sorry your sick.. Hope you're better soon.!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Thanks Lucy!

PTS, I'm going to send my DH out tonight for some brandy!! Hopefully I won't be drunk typing tonight. hehe

• proudtospin

hiccup!  works good and the quality of the booze is not important!  my local liquor store knows me when I come in for the brandy!~~you will feel better

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • proudtospin

hic cup, I am on my couch so not a hazard

• Lucy55

Slow.. My Goodness.. I've so many things on FB over the years where people have "had a few" and definitely shouldn't of clicked on send.. Then in the morning they've deleted it... but too late.. everyone's already seen it 😃

• SlowDeepBreaths

Oh my....that would be so embarrassing!! I'm not drinking my brandy until I go to bed!! haha

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • Lucy55

Slow.. That's exactly how I feel.. I actually think that kid looks a lot like me.. We share the same hair-do.!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Lucy! That's how my hair looks every morning - with added curls. My new hair is a work in progress.

PTS, we didn't get the brandy last night, but will definitely get it tonight. We were both too exhausted to go out. DH has been fighting this thing longer than me. Plus, I'm out of decaf tea. Will get that too. How much do you usually put in?? A shot??

• proudtospin

Slow, I just put a dollop as in less than a shot really.  Just enough to basically put me to sleep!  hope it helps

yeap, that hair looks just like mine in the morning!  times I forget to come it before I head to the gym ~~

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahaha!! I'd love to see a picture of that!!

• proudtospin

likely the gym has a security pic of me, the hair is basically in its natural state~~

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Brandy, lemon and ginger and honey are the best for a cold. Whiskey works as well. An elderly friend recommended whiskey in warm milk.

Hugs

• SlowDeepBreaths

Thanks Alyson. DH is out getting brandy as I type. I will sip my brandy tea and watch Dancing with the Stars tonight.

• Alyson

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

LOL

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Alyson!

Ain't that the truth!!??

I'm not sure if the brandy helped with the congestion, but it sure did help me sleep. hahaha

My DH tried it too.

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • Lucy55

HaHa Slow.. Just thinking what a lovely caring hubby you have .. sharing your "medicine " with you, so you wouldn't have to take so much yourself. :-)

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Lucy!!

I know huh? Such dedication!!

Actually he has had this flu thing longer than me. He was the one that infected me!!

• Alyson

Hoping not to catch any bugs. DH and Sister have had their flu injection and are now coughing and spluttering I cannot have vaccinations so rely on everyone to have theirs. image

• SlowDeepBreaths

I hope you don't get what we had Alyson. It just keeps hanging on and on. Better wear a mask and gloves!! haha

• proudtospin

Well if the brandy did not help the congestion at least you slept~~and it tastes better than the dang cold med or it does to me!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

• Alyson

Evidently the real answer is chicken soup.image

• proudtospin

just make sure it is your home made chicken stock!!
    but hey, anything that makes you feel better !