Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

Thanks for the get well wishes.

PTS, the second day was the charm. I had brandy again last night and I really am feeling much better today - hiccup! I even went to lunch with my niece, nephew and sister today. It was nice to get out of the house.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

now do not over due the brandy but keep it for special occasions, glad you got some sleep and feel better

dang but that chicken soup looks good and it is nipping tonight~~

• SlowDeepBreaths

My DD brought me some homemade chicken soup on Saturday. It was just like my Mom used to make. Love that girl.

I know many of you have been having iPad problems. Not sure if you've seen this post from the Mods. Thought I would copy and paste here in case you missed it.

We have an iPad typing issue solution!!

iPad users who know they have issues typing with the rich text editor; tap the "Use plain text editor" link before you start to type a post -- the link is located at the bottom right of the post text field, next to the Preview and Submit buttons. This will turn the rich text editor into a plain text box, which does not have any formatting options (e.g. bold, italic), but should be faster.

Unfortunately, clicking this link and toggling to a plain text box will not permanently keep this as your default setting -- at this time, you'll have to tap the link each time you want to post. This is only meant as an interim fix -- unfortunately, a permanent fix will require money and time. Hopefully, we'll be able to implement a permanent fix in the future, but this should work for those having trouble in the time-being.

We hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any questions or trouble using this new feature!

--The Mods
  • SlowDeepBreaths

Good morning!! It's Friday!!

Love to all!

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

HaHaHa 😃

• SlowDeepBreaths

Hope you're all having a good weekend!!

• SlowDeepBreaths

• Lucy55

Slow.. That's me exactly.. Then that annoying voice makes me state googling "penguins knees " at 2 am !!!

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541

Ouch, now I may be compelled to start a knees search tomorrow before daylight. Aaaaggghh!

Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal

Ok so Jean just couldn't resist. Not a knee in sight! Teehee!

• Lucy55

HaHaHa 😃

• proudtospin

such a great source of valuable info~

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Penguins have knees. Thank you so much for the question which I just had to research.

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahahaha!! WOW....I didn't realize they had knees!! Too funny.

• zjrosenthal

Ok, anyone up for penguin squats? Heard they cure cancer. (But only if done in the Antarctic in September and April) Teehee! Love, Jean

• SlowDeepBreaths

Oh my Jean. I did a Google search about penguin squats curing cancer. To my surprise this is what I came across. Mind boggling!!

How drawing a penguin can help cure cancer: physics diagrams as modern hieroglyphs and their applications

• proudtospin

goodness, wish I had known before taking all the nasty dang pills!

• zjrosenthal

Do they sell penguins on Amazon? Love, Jean

• Gina4h
    Gina4h Member Posts: 51

Sorry just need to rant. I am having very bad bone pain and peripheral nerve pain from Neupogen - it feels like my shirts are made of glass shards. Asked my doctor for a referral for pain management and was told I could get an appointment around the end of July!!!! I said that was not acceptable. Her nurse tells me she can increase my pain meds - you know the ones that increase my nausea, cause constipation which increases my nausea and don't work all that well. Today she calls and says I should than her because she got me on a cancellation list so I amy have an appointment in about 2 weeks. She has obviously never experienced severe pain. If she had she would know that 2 weeks is a life time:(

What a stupid twit!

• SlowDeepBreaths

Gina, your post brought back so many memories!! Vent away!!

I hated that neu-nasty shot and dreaded it with each chemo. I did try pain pills too, but like you said, it made it worse having to deal with the other side effects. I hope they are able to offer you some relief soon. Many of the ladies on here suggested Claritin. I did take it and it kind of took the edge off of the pain.

• Gina4h

Hi slowdeepbreaths the claritin helps for the first few days, but by day 5 of 8 it is not working anymore. My nurses have advised me to get medical marijauna. The visiting nurses and my chemo nurses say that they have seen it make a huge difference in patients lives. I'm on a wait list for a doctor who "may" prescribe it for me. I don't see the issue. According to Health Canada I am the kind of patient that it is targeted for.

• SlowDeepBreaths

My MO prescribed Marinol. I did fill the prescription but I never took it. Looking back I wish I had tried it, but I was concerned about more SE's.

I agree you should be a perfect candidate. I don't know why they make things so stinkin' difficult.

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

Can I have that marinol? Puh-leeeeeeeze?? Just to try. I think they take the fun bits out, though. I loved that you found the Hadron Collider- Higgs bosun Particle Accelerator stuff, Beppy, Thanks! I had no idea about feynman or his drawings! They are elegantly simply and beautifiul. Do you know that when they finally started up that collider, it worked, it is truly amazing. But the had to shut it down for a while, because some of the magnets fell off, causing it to snow hundreds of feet underground in CERN where it is. i wish I could have seeen that. But I saw my version when I got my boosts to my breast, that was a proton beam. Wow, i should have thought of penguins or thanked feynman. Woo Hoo! I am serious!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Hi Ladies......lost this out of my Favorites............no clue why........but I'm back.........hugs

• zjrosenthal

Ducky, scroll back to read about penguins! Are they related to ducks? Just wondering if duck tape works for penguins. Teehee. Love, Jean

• Gina4h

OMG if only I was a vegetarian I would not have cancer - really it's on the internet so it must be true. Except I've been a vegetarian for most of my life and even when I ate meat, it was not very often. Guess I must have been missing the coffee enemas, or asparagus - wait no - I eat lots of asparagus in season. Maybe I'm an alien and none of the cancer "cures" for humans works on me Lol

• SlowDeepBreaths

Tomboy, It's very good to see you on this thread!!

You want my Marinol??? hahahaha! Wouldn't that make me your supplier?? or...dealer????

The penguin thing made for some interesting reading. That stuff always fascinates me but is typically way over my little pea brain.

Ducky, Not sure what I'm going to do with you losing this thread AGAIN!! I think I'm gonna give you a check list for each morning. hahaha I'm teasing you but I do the same thing. Plus I also post to one thread thinking it's another.

zj, are you proposing that they invent penguin tape?? or....use the duck (duct) tape on penguins. Remember, it doesn't take much to confuse me. I have a very simple mind.

Gina, are you confessing to being an alien?? I always wondered if they walk among us. Maybe you're one of those star children?? I know all about them because my DH watches all those shows.

PTS, I guess that would make sense that all the back exercises would be the same. I'm glad it's helping your back. There is nothing worse than being in chronic pain.

Hope you're all having a pain free day.

Love to all!!

• zjrosenthal

Slow Deep Breaths: Wow what a great idea....penguin tape- a new cure for cancer! OK so chemo brain has me just over the top silly. Now if we could just find a picture of a duck-taped penguin that would be awesome. Love, Jean

• SlowDeepBreaths

Close enough??