Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

I think she can!

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Perfect!  Ok...we may need a head count on this one ... the back front is going to fill up fast!!  Grab you tin hats, bacon attire, enough CURE to share with a partner, wooden clubs, a strand of hair from stupid people who need the demons removed ...

Emily...we may need to add this to the cure at some point...what cha think?

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

OMG!  WTC!!  You found a picture of me from my Goth days, lol!!!  Time to get out the Weegie Board!! 

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322

G-i-g, that's the best one yet!

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
  • MBJ

Heidi:  Thank you so much!  I so need to laugh today.

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923

Heidi - kept waiting for a screaming face to jump out!  I was afraid to watch too closely! :):) That was really cute.

• thefuzzylemon

Heidi!!  That was awesome!!  Loooved it!!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183
  • Makratz

Me too, Heidi.

Mind, I can't see what you posted!!

• [Deleted User]
  • Makratz

Mine too Mind!!  I love sarcasm.  My kids think that's the norm!

• Makratz

LOL!!  Now I can see the first pic.  Too funny!  Too STUPID!!

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177

Responding to two posts on page 75 (sorry, i was busy last night and things move so fast around here, cluck cluck)

Hadley you could try telling your hairdresser that getting cancer is a judgement.. on her, as you might maybe not be seeing her again for quite a while (if ever, but that's another matter) so she loses out. Tongue out

and Fuzzylemon, to the girl in the pink bra... whatever does she think she's doing?! If she's putting her foobie in, it's a damn good fit and colour match but likely to fall out in the first dance, if she thinks that's a good position for self-examination she should take the padded bra off, and if she's checking whether she's still alive, she should know her heart is much lower down. Maybe she's just checking she still has her taxi-money to get home....

• [Deleted User]

We all have breast cancer, right???  The last thing we need is stress.  We come here to be with others going through the same thing.  What's strange is that I went on the Alternative Treatment forum and discovered it was like a circus over there.  It was The War of Alternative vs Conventional.  In the center of this was Nanay who doesn't even have BC but is inquiring about her mother who does.  She implied that over here we are making fun of those using alternative treatments.  Do you think she's right?  I'm a bit concerned since I'm right in the middle of this.  I hope we haven't gone too far.  Don't get me wrong.  I really love being here.  It always puts a huge smile on my face.  I love that while here, it's like the BIG C has vanished and has been replaced my humor.  I only recently discovered that this forum was called Depression, Anxiety and PTSD. That's kind of funny in itself.  I guess it was the remark about the suggestion about trying some alternative treatment that began it all.  Anyhow, I just thought I'd pass this along.

• Makratz

I view this thread as an escape for us with BC.  It sucks dealing with this so anything that can make us laugh and get us through the day.....great!  I also LOVE that this thread does not discriminate against stage,  we are all in this together!!

• dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322

I don't think that anyone is trying to be insulting or offensive on this thread (garlic butt notwithstanding, see many pages back) and I don't recall making fun of anyone who is choosing to go the alternative route.  This forum is 76 pages of nonsense, and a wonderful way for us to let off steam without hurting anyone.  We are not responsible for someone else's response to this thread, if they are offended, they shouldn't be here. 

Cluck on that!

• MBJ

mindovermatter:  Well, I think that so many of us have lived very healthy lives and still got BC--I know I fall into this catagory--I think it's a bit simplistic and absurd to think that just by eating asparagus we would be cured--That's just lunacy!!!  I for one have always been more healthy then my peers yet here I am.  Yes, I do many of the things made fun of on this board, but I also love to laugh and this place has given me so much--keep it going ladies because we all need a clucking break from BC.

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284

MBJ, you have such a great attitude and I applaud you for it!  I love that you even join in and poke fun at this stuff, that's what it's all about, having a good laugh and not taking it personally or seriously.    So to others who don't like to laugh, penguins especially, from one bird to another, stay the cluck off this thread if you don't like it.  No one is making you read this stuff.

• hymil

WE are not suggesting on this thread that asparagus/lemon&treacle/starbutts enemies drunk or spread on thinly during the fill moon while wearing a tinfoil hat, standing on one foot in a bucket of cold custard and smoking dried seaweed or however the current recipe version goes, is a realistic valid suggestion for alternative treatment for BC. It is clearly a pi$$-take or spoof and It has gradually emerged as the pinnacle example combining the best of many stupid suggestions that were made insensitively by people who were possibly meaning to help and encourage us but said something that really didnt help, and we found it so funny that it made us smile all the same instead of, or maybe as well as, wanting temporarily to kill that person or at least beat some sense into them.

An introduction to the mindset we reach when treated thus by our "friends" might be got by reading through the "Dumbest thing anyone has said to you /about you" thread which predates this one and starts at a lower level and never quite got so creative as you chicks! I think Nanay came in halfway through and saw a recipe and may not have quite seen why we are here in a "humour as stress relief" zone. Some of the recipes and references to puffpuffpass etc are possibly a bit bizarre....Surprised... and so what?! If laughter is the best medicine, go for it!

• MBJ

Nanay is on a mission to save her mother using only surgery and alternative methods.  If I had a different diagnosis I could have easily been doing the same thing.   However, I did do chemo and surgery since it's the only thing that works with my kind of cancer.  If I had gone the alternative route I would be deathly ill or dying right now.  So many have already died from this aggressive form of BC so I choose to live.  And laugh.  Cluck cluck would somebody please tell a joke, post a cartoon or shoot me and put me out of my misery???

• Makratz

One of my favorites, totally unrelated to chickens or asparagus:

: Fw: GHETTO SPELLIN' BEE

>>>
    >>
    >>> >>GHETTO SPELLIN' BEE
    >>> >>
    >>> >>Leroy is a 20 year-old inner-city 5th grader. This is Leroy's homework
    >>> >>assignment.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>He must use each vocabulary word in a sentence.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>1. Hotel
    >>> >> I gave my girlfriend crabs, and the ho tell everybody.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>2. Dictate
    >>> >> My girlfriend say my dictate good.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>3. Catacomb -
    >>> >> I saw Don King at da fight the other night. Man, somebody get that
    >>> >> catacomb.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>4. Foreclose -
    >>> >> If I pay alimony today, I got no money foreclose.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>5. Rectum -
    >>> >> I had two Cadillac's, but my bitch rectum both.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>6. Disappointment -
    >>> >> My parole officer tol' me if I miss disappointment they gonna send
    >>> >> me
    >>> >> back
    >>> >> to the joint.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>7. Penis -
    >>> >> I went to the doctors and he handed me a cup and said penis.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>8. Israel -
    >>> >> Tito try to sell me a Rolex. I say, "man, it look fake." He say,
    >>> >> "Bullshit, that watch israel".
    >>> >>
    >>> >>9 . Undermine -
    >>> >> There's a fine lookin' ho living in the apartment undermine.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>10. Acoustic -
    >>> >> When I was little, my uncle bought me acoustic, and took me to the
    >>> >> poolhall.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>11. Iraq -
    >>> >> When we got to the poolhall, I tol' my uncle; iraq, you break.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>12. Stain -
    >>> >> My mother-in-law stopped by and I axed her, "Do you plan on stain
    >>> >> for
    >>> >> dinner?"
    >>> >>
    >>> >>13. Fortify -
    >>> >> I axed this ho on da street, "how much?" she say "fortify."
    >>> >>
    >>> >>14. Income -
    >>> >> I just got in bed wif da ho and income my wife.
    >>> >>
    >>> >>Furthering your education with Today's Ebonic word:
    >>> >>
    >>> >>Today's word is: "OMEL ETTE" Let us use it in a sentence
    >>> >> I should pop yo ass fo what you jus did, but omelette dis one slide
    >>> >>
  • hymil

I can't do the posting pictures stuff but your humour here has been invaluable to me throughout so thankyou. Bageeek!

And i still want to know how you made that purple egg...

• thefuzzylemon

Good evening to all of ya all!!  Just like anything...there's one (or more) in every bunch!!  One of my favorite things about this thread (which I am more addicted to than my asparagus) is that we are all sisters...we all all here no matter what has been handed to us.  This is a safe place.  Being silly doesn't need to be monitored or judged...

This is just funny - that's that.  If it isn't your humor, clucking go away (apparently they haven't read the rules!  They are meant to protect everyone Laughing) ... and this has allowed me to open up my creativity and learn and laugh with others who have such an amazing sense of humor!!  I, like soooo many others who come here...laugh, laugh hard, and laugh often!!  Even on some really bad days ... that is priceless to me and I can't thank all of you enough for what you do ... don't ever stop clucking ... EVER!

• thefuzzylemon

MAKRAZ!!!  AHAAHHHHHH!!!  That was goooood.....

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284

ditto Fuzzy, and thanks for the pee-in-my-pants laught Makraz!

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288

My personal opinion is that everyone has a right to their own views on treatment. I do not go on the Alternative thread and bash everyone who truly believes that the alternative approach is the way to go. In return I expect the same respect here. If I think coffee enemas and asparagus as treatments are equivalent to the "snake oil" remedies of old then that's my right. I've been in the medical field for 30 years and I have my views based on what I have seen. I will not apologize for my views but will never go on the alternative therapy thread and tell those members that they are "wrong" or that the "joke's on them" or they will "regret their decisions" as has been done to us on this thread. We must respect everyone's differences and accept that others have different views. I respectfully request that those who do not agree with the content of this thread respect the rest of us on this thread and refrain from being offensive and threatening in their posts and suggest they don't come here to post. It works both ways...

Ha..this is way too serious for me. Under tornado watch here...keep those comics and jokes coming...

• thefuzzylemon

EMILY!! I raise my glass and toast you my friend!!

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965

A little more humor to emphasize our cultural differences:

TERROR THREAT LEVELS:

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats, and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved".  Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross".  The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940, when tea supplies nearly ran out.  Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance".  The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards".  They don't have any other levels.  This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide".  The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender".  The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing".  Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides".

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs".  They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose".

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy.  These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

New Zealand has raised its security levels - from "baaa" to "BAAAA".  Due to continuing defense cutbacks, New Zealand has only one more level of escalation, which is "I hope Australia will come and rescue us".

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be all right, mate".  Three more escalation levels remain: "Crikey!", "I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend" and "The barbie is cancelled"  So far no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

None of us should have to apologize for this thread. It is a *humor* thread. Amazing that anyone (despite cultural differences) could view it any other way. Nanay, with all due respect, needs to stop reading it and/or commenting on it.

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288