Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• GirlFriday
    GirlFriday Member Posts: 203

hdangelbaby:  Love your new pic! So strong...I was wondering if it was you...and then finally caught up on the pages!  I've been tempted to do some pics like this myself, and have chickened out. Cluck!  I think it's time though, you've inspired me!

fuzzylemon:  I don't understand the FB fiasco...we come up on any regular search.  These boards are not closed...I don't think were linked to FB...it was just a Bing search...or did I miss something?  BTW: Glad to have you back.  And even more happy you took your "quiet" time to heal. 

• janet in virginia
    janet in virginia Member Posts: 923
  • thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284

veggy, love your way of thinking...I was visiting the tropics about 13 times yesterday.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Thanks. As soon as I got comfortable under the blankets last night, WHAM! a quick trip to the tropics. I thought I was on fire. The rest of the night was...blankets on- blankets off -freeze- blankets on- sweat- blankets off- repeat many times during the night.

• thefuzzylemon
    thefuzzylemon Member Posts: 631

Veggy and Good5 - I think we are on the same trip!!  Can you imagine...if we were actually on the same trip???  Oh the good times that would be had!!!

• veggy

I think we should do a trip... a comedy trip. We could take all this information and do comedy clubs, support groups and chemo rooms worldwide. If laughter is the best kind of medicine, we'd have the closest thing next to the cure. Think about it!

• thefuzzylemon

Oh girl!!  I've thought about it!!   YES!!  Let's do it!!  I see BROADWAY!!  I see Comedy central!!  I see a much needed update to Breast Cancer Awareness like never before!! 

I do know someone with connections to the entertainment industry...we could all do this...and the whole thing is already scripted!!!  WHO's WITH US???  WTC!!!! 

• Kymn
    Kymn Member Posts: 887

cluckin chemo pause sucks. what the cluck 41 and sweating and freezing aarrrggggg. just need another quick vent BC clucking bites...lol sorry I will come back later with a postive clucking attitude

• veggy

I can see us all now... arms linked together singing our song. A henhouse set up on the stage and all us girls sitting around with feathers glued to our butts as we sit in nests doing our skits. Could we even do the lines without cracking up laughing?

• veggy
  • veggy
  • veggy
  • veggy
  • thefuzzylemon

Kymn...all clucking attitudes are accepted here...in fact...I think I needed that realness today myself!!  Thank you for clucking sharing!! 

Cluck on sisters...cluck on!

LOL!! Feathers on our butts!!  Maybe Saturday Night Live is in order here as well!!!

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

Mission_impossible_SJET8035.jpg

Fuzzy:  Thanks, I'm on it!  I shook out the dust from my old record collection for those of you in the choir who have forgotten how this goes:   Cluck, cluck, bagoook!!!!

From that first little ditty, I knew it: The Mission Impossible song.

• janet in virginia

Live!  From New York.  It's Saturday Night!

• veggy

I have a suggestion for the title!!!!!

Instead of Spam-A-Lot

CLUCK-A-LOT!

The Clucking Cure Tour

• janet in virginia

CLuckers - this idea is worth clucking about.  It's SO weird that it came up today.  I was thinking last night it is too bad there isn't some kind of comedy camp women can go to recovering from bc treatments!  I'd go!!    And the idea of a play or some other venue is awesome.  Look at history of the Vagina Monologues!  That even played at the Kennedy Center. 

The Vagina Monologues is an episodic play written by Eve Ensler which ran at the Off Broadway Westside Theatre after a limited run at HERE Arts Center in 1996. Ensler originally starred in the production; when she left the play it was recast with three celebrity monologists. The production has been staged internationally, and a television version featuring Ensler was produced by cable TV channel HBO. In 1998, Ensler and others, including Willa Shalit, a producer of the Westside Theatre production, launched V-Day, a global non-profit movement that has raised over $75 million for women's anti-violence groups through benefits of The Vagina Monologues.[1]

• CrazyKitties
    CrazyKitties Member Posts: 58

MindOver Matter, that is one freaky ad. Thanks for sharing that!

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

Serious: This could be a best-selling book (proceeds for the cure) and doable via long distance.  Master Mother Cluckers  might want to get it edited and copyrighted quick because it's about the funniest thing ever. Then let SNL pick it up & pay royalties to fund the free comedy camp or series...  So many smart and talented chicks & hens here, I bet there are skills and resources enough.

BTW: there's a cluckin Asparagus festival in Stockton CA Apr 15-17.  Chicken-wrapped asparagus, asparagus ice cream, and maybe the CG? Then there's the Gilroy Garlic Festival to look forward to...

Cluck for the Cure...

• CrazyKitties

I'm never eating chicken chicken again.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890

Fuzzy why the change in avatar---it was art, was it sometimg connencted to you in the real world. By the way I'm in --I can't quite get the tune in my head past the nausea.

JV the Vagina monologues are awesome.

We were up all night---14 pages in about 10 hrs, anyways it moved like a chat room.

I will never drink another bottle of chocolate wine---if you try it, one glass only.

Tink G_I_G helped figuire out an avatar., but i need to take care of this chocolate hangover brrrrp.

• thegood5
    thegood5 Member Posts: 284

I am so cluckin in...when do we start?  veggy and fuzzy, I'm over at the tiki bar ordering us another round...come on over

• thefuzzylemon

Hey there Sas - I changed the avatar because I got nervous about the FB thing (the picture was me and it is also the pic I use on my FB)...which I may have misunderstood...while I was away re-cooping, one of the sisters posted this picture and I fell in love with it!!  I've been looking for a tatoo idea to cover what use to be m feminine left side and this looks like a winner!!  I love the 70's theme and the colors and the artful take....Have you gone into your profile and selected edit?  Then you just upload a pic..you could save anything to your computer and upload from there (I hope that helps ... I can't wait to see what you select!!)  Here's a few ideas from me :)

I have to apologize for my theme today....It's a clucking mood Wink but can ya dig it?  *L*

• thefuzzylemon

Good5 - Set me up!!  Be right there!!

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

girlfriday. thank you !!!!!!!! you ought to do it too. it was VERY liberating!!!!

sas, oh no.... the dreaded hangover!! that chocolate wine will do it everytime! have you up"clucked" yet? i hope not!!

well my clucking sistas, i still have a sore throat!!! ugh!!! but im on day 2 of antibiotics, i'm starting to wonder though if it's viral....... thank god i don't have to work right now!!!!

love the idea of a comedy spoof or a book of sorts with all our funny quips!!!!!

we could call it "cluck you cancer!" lol

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183

Such a pretty bird!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183
  • Makratz
    Makratz Member Posts: 1,605

So....what did you do to get breast cancer. WTC???

Love the pic, that's asparagus he's smokin', right??

• CrazyKitties

Hadley, you need to call that idiot's boss and tell her what she said. From now on when folks ask us this, tell them we inherited our breast cancer the same way they came out mentally retarded and ugly.