Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Hey, gals! Wow...I have a lot of catching up to do! In the meantime, hugs are sent to all those who need them!

A big thank you to each and every one of you who helped me through those few awful days of endless tears! If not for your open hearts and encouraging words, I don't know how I would've made it through! 

Onto the good news...ready? ....I got my path results....clean margins and neg lymph nodes!!! Yay!!! xo xo xo

• mdnghtdeb3

...Now just healing from surgery. Post op appt next week...then onto rads! I am so happy the hard stuff is behind me. Nothing but positive thoughts to come. 

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Great news Mdnt!!

Just watched the end of the ceremonies...it was incredible!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942

Midnight, AWESOME NEWS!!! I'm so happy for you!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

mdmghtdeb, 

SO HAPPY FOR YOU !    

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

image  Deb happy dance

• mdnghtdeb3

Omg..LOL! Love the "happy dance"! :) 

Happy tears are wayyy better then those other ones that were flowing freely a few days ago. Thanks so much! 

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Thanks everyone for the "Serious talk" it is needed and so important. 

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

MdnDeb- great news on the path results. I had surgery and rads for my treatment as well. You will get through the next part just fine. 

Congrats on the good news!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

MEEZ AND MY CAMEL ARE HAPPY FOR YOU!

I just thought this was so cute!  Because that Cammiester showed a happy cat... So this is for all the gals with the great news!  YOU Midnight, and Soteria. Smile

You too Miss Sassygoingcrazytryingfixtheworld!   You and I just have this THING where we have to get to the bottom of EVERYthing!   And we can't rest until we do! 

Thanks Ginger....   It's hard to get through...(all that serious stuff) but at least we can be prepared.  That's because you can't think straight, when something happens.  Even when we put Lacee to sleep, my mind was in a fog!    Well, I mean even more than usual!   Shut UP Cammi!   Your body is on auto-pilot, but your brain is just struggling to make sense of something, and never mind your heart!  It has left the building.....  in pieces.

• Chevyboy

SPOOKIE!  Did you put a onsey on Spookie?   And Teka.... no more wine....  What are you DOING, running around out in the snow?   AND baking?  

You guys, I think Cammi must be sickly...  I can't find her anywhere...  I think this calls for a search and rescue.... 

Sass, whatever you did, I hope you can keep a' doin' it....  No more PAIN!

• mdnghtdeb3

Love that picture!!! :)

• Chevyboy

I know!  Isn't it just the cutest?  I found Cammi!  She was out drinking all night, with "those" girls....Ha!  THIS should bring her out of hiding!  

Are you feeling better?  If you are sick, I will bring you chicken soup.... and you KNOW how that pains me....  Maybe milk-toast instead.  My Mom always made us eat warm Milk-toast with butter... 

• camillegal

• Chevyboy

Oh you BRAT!!!  I was so worried about you!   You must be better!  So what kind of silly-site have YOU been hanging around on?  

• camillegal

Hnnn good Morning I think. I'm trying t wake up===my coffee is being guzzled but it takes time--u know I'm going back to sleep soon. I think I would like a new weather report, yea that sounds good. I thought it was Sunday, but I figured it out all by myself--it's Saturday--makes no difference to me actually but it does to someone I'm sure. So I have to get my day started and my phone is all charged and ready for calls. Don't I seem eager--yea right--It's scary movie day for me--Oh and I do have to go to the corner of Happy and Healthy today. sometime.

• Chevyboy

Okay, you're not yourself.... I can tell...  It IS Saturday.... I just checked...  doesn't make any difference to me either, oh little working woman....

Okay....  Just holler if you need anything... kay?..... I'll meet you on that corner... we'll go have a Starbucks, and split a piece of Lemon pound cake.  xoxo

• camillegal

Sorry Chevy no splittin' for me I want the whole thing oo and that sounds good--I love lemon cake and lemon bars, My sis makes the best, I tried on time--not so good. She's like the official lemon bar person n our family.

• Chevyboy

xoxoxxo  DH is up now.... so I have to behave!  xoxoxoxoxo

• camillegal

OK the serious Chevy imerges. Hell have we met her yet.?

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

hi all, Happy Saturday!  Doing the happy dance for Paula & Deb!  ♥

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Yaya Midnight--------onto higher mountains :0

Badger  encouraging Teka to roll in the snow naked......my my ......what a fun idea., but can I switch mine to ocean and sand, back to ocean. huh pulease.  We have been missing our sun here,it's so grey.

Chevy what is that fixin thing all about. Is it just a woman thing, or an teacher thing , or a nurse thing? I think it's an Irish thing. LOL. My family's Irish with oodles of teachers and nurses, then there's the cop --my twin. Oh yeah priest and nun and bachelors. Can you imagine when we get together --we are all trying to FIX things. The din is outrageous. All this fixin going on.

I give up the heat's going higher..........sorry you gals up north.....I shouldn't complain at all,, I remember having 5 layers of clothes on with several comforters trying to stay warm........Sending warmth your way:)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Blessings ---i'm being so repetitive. I've watched doggy park 5x's now. The unbridled joy of those dogs. I imagine all my dogs, starting from my childood  Cindy a collie, my Brits- Max, lady, mooser, J.B(jimmy Buffet), Rascal a schnegal(cross beagal and schnauser, Schats a Gwp, Dini a labpitt. All my friends and families dear dogs--Luke,Zeke,Rupert,Rosie,Winston,Annie,Theo,Blue, Jake--I see them all :)

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Cami- that toothpaste pic is going to have me laughing all day! Nerdy

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Yay Deb - now onward to healing. You'll breeze thru rads. I worked full time drove around the city and never missed a day. My office - most of them - never knew I was even doing it - 0740 am and usually done b4 I ever got 1st call of the morning. Only one who really remembered was the overnight on-call nurse. But I do remember you had bilat. so not minimizing it. Lube, lube, drink, drink - water that is. I felt much better bound up a little bit - the jiggle hurt.

I had trouble getting the doggy park to play without it stopping and loading next part. But I thought it was hilarious and yes I caught that no dog was lost in the snow and no trees were run into by the video maker. Sent it to my DD. It played a bit better this morning. Might be d/t amt. of traffic on net at the time.

Cami - I'm not sure I can face the toothpaste this morning. Maybe more coffee will help.

Watching Trisha Yearwood make chocolate desserts. Yum.

Had to buy pink eye spray from feed store. Still red but holding it open more. Have to decide if taking her to vet Monday when it's back to 36 degrees. This stuff needs to thaw. I nearly fell on butt in their yard this am. Parts have packed down to what looks like snow but it's thick ice. Hope we get a bit of sun.

Happy Saturday everyone. OOO - I think I see a shadow outside. It might be the sun.

• mdnghtdeb3

You gals are so funny on a saturday morning! :) 

Luvmygoats - would never ever think you were minimizing anything! :) thanks for the advice about lubing, drinking and jiggling! LOL! I'm guessing there are only certain lotions I can use? Not sure...but I do remember reading somewhere that you can't use deodorant? For real? That just can't be! LOL! Ewwww! I honestly haven't read up too much on rad yet. I hear it's not too bad, but can cause fatigue. I'm sure at my appt they will fill me in on the do's and don'ts, but I remember someone telling me to check with my harvard grads here for info. :)

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

mdnghtDeb, 

Yesterday I finished rads, every medical center has a different set of guidelines. Most places will tell you to use Toms deodorant. 

I am fatigued, but started out that way from the chemo. You will do great, I started on Dec. 23, done Feb. 7. Your length might be shorter, because of your negative node status.

I did not research the rad routine, I was so burnt out on reading hours & hours of chemo side effects, and my lobular cancer, that I just trusted that they were doing what was necessary.

• luvmygoats

I've read that some RO's just don't give any recommendations. Crazee to my thinking. There are all kinds on the internet, I know bunches used plain aloe vera gel but I never tried anything but what RO said. My RO gave me a prescription cream called X-clair. It seems not terribly popular and I think more on the expensive side but RO had a mail order/call in pharm that was cheaper, I think in FL - only need her RX faxed. That and what appears to be the most recommended - Aquaphor. Yes, its greasy but feels good. I've read that it stains but did not on my clothes. I had/still have front close sports bras Fruit of the Loom from Walmart. Not the most attractive very smooshy. I wore cheap cami's over and scrubs for work that did not seem phased by the Aquaphor. I had a "nicer" bra WallyWorld also for church. Towards the end I was ready to ditch the sports bras wearing more Tshirts for play but cont. to use them for work all year. I found the more my nip rubbed - the jiggle - the worse it hurt. I got California baby calendula cream at Target for after rads and used it some. Still use it on winter dry itchy spots. Some people like early rads, some leave during lunch, some late day. The only time I could guarantee I could be there was b4 work. Made for an extremely long tiring day. I still don't remember life during April-May just barely remember some of the pts I had. Rads build up - the 1st couple of weeks really nothing you can just kinda feel it. Then middle/end tiring then 2 weeks till it begins to fade. I had a pretty good group of ladies at my tx center; had a male student with them on one day. Was asked if it was OK with me. Planning for rads is longer appts which for you will be double. Guess you will do both at once, right? Zaps are quick - I had only 2 angles. I'll see it I can find on BCO the best description of simple rads which sounds like what you prob. will have. I could count and knew how long I had. You'll get to be expert at it. Boosts done at end (I think not all have them but most do) to incision area. It was relief for my nip area. Ask away if you have questions.

http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/radiation/ty...

The 3rd view cross-sectional is exactly how mine was set up. Did from the right first then arm rotated way under my left side for 2nd beam.

Oh, yeah, I cheated and used a little plain Secret now and then - bought the travel size. It was the end of May stinky. Used Dove bar for sensitive skin. Turn back to shower head to rinse - no direct spray. Let them air out as much as possible - might not be as possible this time of year. I made myself a fanny pack with all essentials so I could put quickly in locker - creams, hairbrush, tiny hair spray, my Secret.

Everyone must be out enjoying sun or sinWinking. We are higher temp than the past week. Also think our snow may have fizzled for next week.

• luvmygoats

Sassy - it was you who mentioned the 5th snowflake not making into an Olympic ring. Here's 2 stories from Yahoo this morning about it. There are tons more Yahoo stories about opening ceremonies too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-plac...

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/olympics/blogs/...

Sorry the yahoo direct link just won't work for the 2nd. Try this one instead. I think it is the same Yahoo story. The gray box at bottom that is blank is a video of the fireworks.

I have ditched my sweater. Just flannel shirt with T underneath. Hope others are getting some warmth too.

• Chevyboy