Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

great idea, Sharon!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

hey, I played around with it, the avatar & was able to get my sons kayaking photo. That's a start...

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

I'm sorry I have no idea how to do my avatar, but thank u whoever hears forst will let the other know--We all care about Bluebird and are anxious,

Sas trying to understand u sometimes is difficult for me--so what I got is u have thyroid cancer, well they took it out right? So don't u have to stay in a week with the iodine treatment with no one around or something strange like that--it's like the strangest treatment I ever heard of and when will u start--or am I all mixed up---( I heard that Chevy)

Oh I'm not getting anymore operations til someone can figure out how not to kill me with being put out.

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324

it says I can't change my aviator because I am on my iPad.  If I get on my laptop I will change it there.  Here is the picture I would use as my aviator if I could change it now...  Know that I am thinking of you Bluebird.  

• 2nd_time_around

hi Crog, I did mine from my iPad (first time from the iPad). I went to yahoo/google, searched for the bluebird I wanted. Keep your finger on the image, brings up pop up. Choose SAVE IMAGE (tap). Then check it on your main screen - in Photos. 

On BCO, to change avatar, tap upload, it brought up my photo gallery. Choose the one you want (tap), then save. Hoping this works for you.

• Sharon1942
    Sharon1942 Member Posts: 96

Someone from another thread called Bluebird's DH. Tumor is 100% gone & she went home today!  He said she should be back here in a couple of days. Praises!

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

Sharon- thanks for the news! great to hear!

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Thanks, That is great news!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

WHOOOOOPHootWEEEEEEEEEE JOYYYYYYYYY Love you Bluebird.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Wonderful News to hear!!!  Healing Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Zippity Doo Dah, Zippity A..............................

• 4sewwhat

Luv. sometimes those shower heads have a low flow valve thing inside.  If you unscrew it and take that out, it helps immensly.  The internals can go bad too so maybe it's an excuse to get a new one after all!!

• sas-schatzi

Cami you read right, to keep it simple I have thyroid cancer. Treatment is radioactive Iodine. Haven't a clue how it's administered. I'm guessing it's injected. I think it's a one time administration. I read that I basically have to avoid people(and animals?) for minimum 24 hours. I know it was way too much info, but I was talking allot to my brain to get it in the right attitude place. L&H&P's sassy 

I get what your saying about your surgical problems-----bet if you were tested withe 2d6 etc they'd find out why your body doesn't handle drugs well. betting your paths are screwed up.

GG---yup you got the idea. We just need to figure out how to do this. I need to help you understand the paths once that's accomplished, you can make the analogies to golf and tennis. I used to do this with the paramedics, Most were firefighters, so, lots of my analogies were to ff stuff. But I had to learn what would work by asking the fireguys oodles of questions. Hey it's phone time. We'll find a day convenient to the two of us. Make sure there's lots of coffee and comfortable seats LOL.

OUT to Carrabbas'

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy - I think radioactive iodine is oral form, at least it used to be. The 1-2 I had as pts that took it (as best memory serves) had no problem with it.

Sew - thanks for the helpful hint but it's just from us having to reduce the internal water pressure to the house. Plumber says it was a miracle we had not busted a pipe wide open from the extreme pressure. Don't know if it's because we're the 1st house off the branching cul-de-sac from the main line. So now trying tricks to boost flow inside. Dishwasher seemed to do OK. Washer is extremely slow to fill as are the new low flow toilets. My BR sink not too bad, DH's dismal. Had him clean out the whatever that is aerator on faucet. Part of shopping at Lowes on Sat. to get a new aerator for his.

My little town has come up in the world. We can now boast a True Value Hardware store. Hope it does not put local building supply out of business but their saving grace is they also have a lumberyard.

OO never been to Carrabbas. Making meatballs and spaghetti as soon as I get last night dishes done. DH won't be home for about another 2 hours.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Glad to hear about Bluebird :)

I'm laying low right now....ever have those times?

((hugs))

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985

Same here Tang :( we all have those days i guess its our new lifes. Hugs to u too

• sas-schatzi

Carrabbas was wonderful. Had a gift card from Christmas. Really made it nice when the bill came. Dinner delish. Pork tenderloin wrapped in proscuito, sauce I think was marsala(close) mushrooms and fettucini alfredo. There bread dipped in olive oil with fresh spice is my downfall. 

Thanks LMG's , is the rest about right? I figure the challenge is get everyone to cooperate on short notice. Then I show up and drink or lay out my arm.

Cami I think you may be thinking of radioactive bead insertion for prostate and uterine cancer. I never studied the thyroid treatment beyond what i wrote. Tomorrow getting them all to do there thing without delay. Pushy, pushy, pushy.

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

"Winter's Come And Gone"

Oh little red bird
    Come to my window sill
    Been so lonesome
    Shaking that morning chill
    Oh little red bird
    Open your mouth and say
    Been so lonesome
    Just about flown away

So long now I've been out
    In the rain and snow
    But winter's come and gone
    A little bird told me so

Oh little blue bird
    Pearly feather breast
    Five cold nickels all I got left
    Oh little blue bird
    What am I gonna do
    Five cold nickels
    Ain't gonna see me through

In the rain and snow
    A little bird told me so

Oh little black bird
    On my wire line
    Dark as trouble
    In this heart of mine
    Poor little black bird
    Sings a worried song
    Dark as trouble
    'Til winter's come and gone

In the rain and snow
    A little bird told me so

In the rain and snow
    A little bird told me so

Winter's come and gone. This song is sung by my favorite - Gillian Welch - worth listening to http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/gillianwelch/winte...

I love you all (very little internet available right now).

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Can't post from the iphone, and have trouble typing as well.

Evening all as we wait for a tropical cyclone - to you a hurricane to come down from the Islands. Suppose to arrive during the night.

Big hugs

• 2nd_time_around

sassy, the owls disappeared. 

So glad about Bluebird!

• camillegal

First ------YYYYAAAAAYYYYY for Bluebird---Thank u so much Sharon for sharing--did I just say that?--well anyway, Whew.

Sas I actually got it right? No I wasn't confused (Chevy shut up) My brother had his thyroid out due to cancer and he had some kind of Iodine, but he told us a week--but then again he might not have wanted to be bothered. hahaha he's like me we can stay alone and hate using the phone and the silly part of our lives was he was a politician and I worked in the political arena, so maybe that's why we can stay alone now. But whatever it is I just hope u get all better that's the most important thing--Oh effin cancer

It's quiet now of course I'm watching Friends on Nick -it's on all night I still like that show and still laugh out loud sometimes. I fell asleep before 9PM last nite so today will be all goofed up, I couldn't keep my squinty eyes open so Z came quickly and now it's 4ayem. but I expected that.

OK I'm going to call the Onc today for my app't, I think the weather is safe to make it for next week finally. I'm way over the time but nothing has changed so I'm really not concerned just have to get it over with and get my port flushed. And get my usual tests.

Tang and Enerva I think we all know that feeling, so please post whenever u feel like it, but don't stop reading cuz we can cheer u up or make u sad right with us. So u won't feel left out.Happy

I was a little busy with work yesterday, damn I hate cell phones I just can't get used to them--I keep on disconnecting with my big old face or don't have it right in the spot for my ear whatever, I have to get used to them, before I had this job I was hardly ever on the phone and didn't even have one, so I'm way behind on techy stuff. I can text, don't know how, take pics, don't know how just learned how to retrieve voice mail-Joey taught me--he's trying to teach me the other things but ick, I just want a phone not a whole world of doing things. Oh Chevy he was trying to help me correc my spelling without spell check and I thought it looked easy but I forgot 2x already but I'm not telling him cuz he does think I'm brilliant in a lot of ways so I keep up the charade as best I can.  OK I've been boring enough now so I'll be baack--and check in later.

Hugs to all of u wonderful women. 

• 4sewwhat

Good Morning Owlettes!

BlueBird is singing again!  I've been awake for hours listening!

Have a great day everyone!  Weekend has almost arrived.  Good Luckand Hugs today for anyone that needs it!  I'm headed back to the OR at 2.  Ugh..................This too shall pass!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

WELCOME HOME BLUEBIRD!!!!

• Chevyboy

WHEW!  So glad she is home!  Scared the dickens out of us!

Hey Sassy, that is the same thing I posted to you about my friend Carol...  She had that treatment, and could not be around anyone for that certain amount of time.  They took her Thyroid out about 5 years ago, I think it was, and she is doing great...  !

So Lilshit Ziggy is BACK?  You mean she left Florida in one piece?   Or several?  Oh well, glad to see you posting again oh wandering one!

Cammi, I remember when my Grand-son was about the same age as Joey, and he was teaching me computer stuff...  Well, I commenced to become an ever-livin' genious on this thing...Ha!  Just kidding... But  he showed me how to install things,  and up-load, and etc.....  As far as spelling..... Honey, ya either got it, or ya don't.  Don't worry about it.    I can remember him saying....  "No, GRAMS....  do it THIS way!"   Well he is 26 how, and I STILL think of him as that little kiddle!     I have AOL, and when I want to "write".... I just start typing an email, and if I mis-spell a word, this red line underlines the word... so I just R.click over it, and a drop-down list gives me choices, of the RIGHT way to spell it...   BC.ORG does this also, when I use Google to open it... but not AOL.   Just don't give up on the phone....  I have an inkling that they are around to stay....Winking

444444444!  Yes, we are with you!   Hope this time ends the way we WANT it to! 

I'll answer your note soons' I take a Cammi-shower! 

• 4sewwhat

Ziggy has limited internet access she said.  I think she just can't type well since she is bouncing around!!!  Kind of like typing on your phone while riding in the car, only better~!Loopy

• vinniemyers
    vinniemyers Member Posts: 58

Blessings20...

There are times when I have felt the port on saline implants. Sometimes the PS puts the implant in where the port is right underneath where I am going to tattoo. This can cause a problem when the port causes atrophy to the subQ fat on the backside of the flap. This causes the flap to become VERY thin and tattooing could pose a problem with the integrity of the skin on the reconstructed breast. In cases like this I will judge the thickness of the flap and determine if I should move forward with the tattooing or not. Believe me when I say if there is any doubt about weather the skin is to thin I will not do the tattoos. Usually the pec muscle cover the upper pole and if aloderm is used it covers the lower pole but sometimes the middle... right where I am tattooing, there is little protection covering the implant and if the port is right there (where it isn't supposed to be) it poses a problem. 

The problem is either your PS or myself has to determine that and I will need to see you in person to be able to determine if the flap is to thin. If you think it is too thin and do not want to do the tattoos than do not do it. I will be happy to take a look if you can get to my MD office or NOLA... or check with your PS for his/her opinion. 

Hope this helps.... Vinnie

• luvmygoats

Teka - I think Vinnie is the nip tattoo master. I think Blessings asked about nip tattoo. There is at least one and prob. more threads discussing a trip to see Vinnie. One is called Charleston bound I think and maybe NOLA bound.  I have no doubt he is legitimate poster.

• luvmygoats

Blessings mentioned spec. about going to see Vinnie for a nip tattoo and a concern she had. I think he is just responding to her concern. He's not a doctor but associated with The Center for Restorative Breast Surgery in NOLA and with Johns Hopkins
    Hospital Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (per his profile).

He has 4000+ hits on the Search Feature.

I think she means Maryland.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Teka, I think MD is the location.....Maryland ? I have seen his work on some of the threads, just amazing. Sounds like Blessings reached out to him..

• camillegal

Teka I saw MD, but I think that's the Vinnie that a lot of wmen talk about for their tattoo nipples and go all that way for him--I think he does 3D and everyone who has gone to him loves him and tells everyone else when they talk about tats.????

• Chevyboy

Okay, but that's alright..... If you click the name, Vinnie seems to know a lot about what the gals are asking about....  He posts on other threads also!  Maybe Blessings would welcome his suggestions....

Just don't let Lil-shit ziggers find this out!  Loopy by the way ziggy, I LOVE that song! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4WwYh8Vifo