Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Hello to all you cray cray women and Vinnie. Myra, lots of liquids - you sure have a great attitude. Tangelo, where are you now? Are you doing okay. Hole, I thought you were in jail for a minute there, and while I would expect that of chevy, cami, phillopiantubes and many others, not of you. Vinnie - hope it all goes well today. 

Running late, will update later. 

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Chevy made me pee my pants.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

• camillegal

OK I didn't know if I could copy that--that's my Katie-Kat--she never got her pic on her, Joey took it.

Phylowetpants Chevy also makes me chit my pants--she's multitalented.

OK whatever I say, I say remember I'm pretty much dehydrated---yes I'm drinking like crazy but I can't keep up with the flow--so I'm here but not in all aspects. I'm not thirsty but I know better so I'm drinking like a lunatic---Did I ever tell u how my great grandfather dies? He died in a vat of wine fell in, I think he thought he could drink more that way--but it didn't stop anyone from ever drinking wine.

OK enough history for now Hope u have a great or at least a tolerable day.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Cami, nice photo of Katie-kat...so did Great Grandpa work at a winery? Did he sneak into a cellar? Are you yanking our chain? If that is a true story, I like it...what a way to go, almost sounds biblical. 

Myra, are you having weekly Taxol? Mine was dose dense, 4 tx. Bone pain got worse, last infusion I did not have the Neulasta shot so that helped..beautiful family photo, a few pages back.

I am kinda lost, have not been able to keep up. DH & I out of state with a wild group of friends. Pool parties, BBQ ing, margarita blender on full speed, good red wine with dinner. I was so worried that it would be too much, physically and emotionally. I had been able to keep up, mostly. Nothing like warm sun, beautiful flowers blooming to soothe the soul.

Linda, FierceBBird, Dutch, Cami, Tang, Blondie, hope things are getting easier, I know I missed so many of you..

Alyson, Happy 65, treat yourself with your pension, & STAY OUT of the basement, easy to walk down those stairs, harder to climb back up...

Waving hello to all my fine feathered sisters.....hugs, golf girl

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Howdy Ya'll! lol...trying to sound texan or something...

I've been laying low, my left side has been hurting pretty badly and I've just been exhausted this week. I think the chemo is kicking my arse at this point. Tomorrow is TAC #3 and I just don't want to go, on top of it I'm having an US done to find out what this thing is on my chest(where my left breast was).

I'm starting to think I'm not going to be able to swing 40hrs a week at work much longer.

other than that...things are just downright peachy!! haha

• myra104
    myra104 Member Posts: 54

tang I cannot imagine working full time during AC or taxol!!  Ugh, I'm such a wuss...oh well.  Let us know about the US, scary:(

GG I am having weekly taxol for 12, what is dose dense taxol?  I miss parties, bbq's and going out, cannot wait to be done!  Where's mi whiiiine?!  I need a girl like rita!!  Lol

KATIE KAT!!  Looks annoyed, ha....my cat  Myra has been crying for me, so sad, I think she knows I'm sick...love that lady!

Hope you all studied and passed your tests, think of y'all!

The Wef

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Ugh, bone scan tomorrow and I'm worried.  Onc note from 3/20 says shes concerned with  worsening pain and low platelet count.  I took the whole day off tomorrow just in case.  I'm on call for work so no drugs for me :(

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Pge 361

Cami,there is a solution , but it's radical and life changing. They had to give you some diagnoses. The older you get the more difficult it will become. I know you try to avoid listening to the gooblygook, b/c they can't change things. But it depends on how much this interferes with your life.

• camillegal

Hi again--yes hole that is a true story.It's one of those crazy Italian stories. My family is loaded with them.

Tang it's s hard working (I thought) I could only do it for 4 months then I couldn't anymore--it even got to a point where I was mixing up customers and thir problems--I know I couldn't do it anymore. So I give u lots of credit and u young ones with kids I don't have a clue how u do that--All I could do was nothing, pretty much what I do now--well I do more than nothing but u knw what I mean.

My DD is painting her bathroom and picked such a pretty gray, she'll finish up tomorrow--My SIL told her to wait he'll do it Sat. but she likes to do things so she's doing it. Then she'll put up the ne shower curtain and stuff to go with it. It's a happy gray. OK I think I've bored u enough, so I'll close for now.

• myra104
    myra104 Member Posts: 54

sending lots and lots of prayers dutch!!  We may not like the cards we are dealt but what we do with our hand is what matters most, muah!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Dutch iris, In your pocket tomorrow. I won't forget the ear plugs.

• dutchiris

I'm trying to reassure myself with aspects of the pain that don't necessarily fit with what I have read about bone mets.  However, my platelets are low and onc says if bone scan is negative then she'll order an MRI.  That makes me worry.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

sending good juju to you Dutch! Hope you feel better soon Cami

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Had an MRI today - forgot what a pain those are, ears are still ringing & head thunking. Tang, hang in there & don't push the trying to work thing - it's not worth it. I think chemo is automatic disability (temporary - but still). The hospital should have a social worker that could tell you for sure. 

Dutch - will be in your pocket tomorrow for sure. 

• dutchiris

Thanks Wren, Jwoo, Myra, and Ziggy.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Dutchy -  I'll be there too. Hope Chevy doesn't stab me with her stilettos or whack me with her cane.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Dutch right there also, do they think the platelets have anything to do with the pain, 

Myra unfortunately we do what we gotta what ever it is, take care off yourself .

Cammi u are so adorable...

• dutchiris

I think the concern is that the low platelets are concerning for bone/bone marrow involvement.  I have some hip pain but its not constant but was worsening.  It's more painful with certain movements but has since improved but isn't gone.  Onc wants scan even if it goes away.  Sorry..I know I'm going on and on.

• dutchiris

Blondie, How are for you presently?

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Will be there in your pocket tomorrow, Dutch! It may be crowded in there, but we're there if you need us!!!

xoxo

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

dutchchriss/Sharon, in your pocket, bumping around, I am very tall so lookout whoever gets in my way. Your fear with the bone marrow is what I fear. The pharmacist, that was involved with my first chemo infusion, commented, that the reason my blood work was all over the place, was most likely cancer in the bone marrow. I was the pillar of strength, denial & kinda stupid @ my first chemo, so I went with the flow. I  wish, I knew then, what I know now, asking more ? Should of been more assertive. I was just so happy, that we finally were moving forward, starting chemo. Does  everyone feel that way?

2ndTmaddy, my new avatar, is my rock...my son, Kyle. He is a avid, obsessive, professional level kayaker. He does 30 foot waterfalls & extreme, class 5 whitewater. He was my lifeline through chemo. I have been so blessed to have supportive adult kids through my bc nightmare.

Night all.....

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

Dutch - count me there in your pocket, too.  I'll be thinking of you.

• sas-schatzi

hhoooootwhoohhoot

• sas-schatzi

Tang---I'm owling it tonight-----saw ziggy say not to push working too hard and used the word disability. The main board has some stuff on FMLA...then the finacial forum does too. Then there's a web site "cancer and careers"

First--I believe that everyone that has cancer should do lots of things to protect themselves financially. One that is maybe different than other folks ideas is that Social Security Disability should be applied for very early after diagnosis and the treatment plan is started. You can always start the process, then stop it without and penalty or negative stuff from the government. Since we  have no idea how things will progress, how it protects you the START date of the application. Once approved then a determination is made as to when the medicare coverage starts. It's usually two years after approval date.

So, application STARTED March 27th 2014, approved in dec 2014. usuaully sets the start time for medicare ssdi for dec 2016. What may not seem necessary now, may be necessary later. There are lots of variations. Having a sit down with a soc security expert is important. Don't talk to the people on the 800 line  cuz they always seem to get it wrong. I'll get that link and may be a couple more BBS

http://www.cancerandcareers.org/en

website offered by Shellshine on breast cancer specifically

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/social-security-d...

BCO thread in the financial section. It was started by a spouse of a BC patient. He is a lawyer etc. Read all his posts. Others on the thread have much to offer as insights re the socsec system

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/113/topic/...

Tucks these threads away for reading  :) sassy

• sas-schatzi

Vinnie, today is your talk at GT to moldable minds. GT would not have asked you to speak if they didn't feel what you have to say has value. You have knowledge and passion with the visuals to back up what you are saying. 

I used to teach medics. When you face the group always remember what you say has a geometric response. 100 in the room, if they talk to 4 other people, then those talk to 4 other people etc. It happens. 

You are known not just here in the USA, but far away. That happens because you are doing excellent work. The arrogant ones won't be swayed. But the opened minded ones will be won over in a heartbeat.

How many times have you been to GT? More than once, tells me that your message was well received by those that are molding the new generation of docs. How many other universities? You wouldn't be asked if they didn't want to hear your words. So, have a great day changing the world one person at a time :)L&H&P's sassy

• sas-schatzi

Dutch in your pocket----the sequence of testing is good. Very logical. Your pockets will be bulging

Aly happy 65th. New something was up. Basements aren't good. Let's lock the door.

Jwoohoo love the new avatar.

This new drug Cytomel is okay, but what's happening is like the gas tank is emptying. So, the next few weeks the car is going to start to run slower and slower. Endocrin doc says be prepared to feel awful. "oh thanks". Saw the pathology report sent by the original doc---he rewrote the path report from Quest-VERY different. Will keep all copies and an eye on the statute of limitations. Shame on him.

Cami--loved seeing Katie Kat

• sas-schatzi

GolfGirl-------so happy you had some fun like the old days.

What page is Ziggy's post to Blue on can't find it?

Maddy----the avatars will change depending on my mood. FUN

Chevy, I'm missing too much ---you fell into what?

Cami in your pocket for friday.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Morning all our puny little owlies...  Sheesh.... wish we could all get together and just make y'all feel better....

And Sassy, I went a million pages back and found Lilshit on page 359... I mean when she was being so serious and nice to little FierceB. 

So if you start from there, you will also find  remnants of a torrid chat I was having with the Vinnie Man.    He found it upon himself to "accidentally" drop me in the drink on our night of never-ending whatever....  But I survived... 

But it was so damn fun to "talk" to him with my other self!  Ha!   He isn't too shy EITHER, I might add...  

So read what ziggers wrote...  that girl is very cool...  even when she isn't ridin' that Harley down I-80 with her long red hair blowing in the wind.

Happy 65 Alyson!   Hope you have as much fun as I did on MY 65th...  No, honest.  I didn't start feeling "older" until just this year...  I mean after I fell....  off that dock....  with the Vinnie Man holding onto my lace sweater.

Chabba, that was sweet, what you said about your Uncle! 

Cammi, KatieKat is all bundled up, just like my Daughter's do with THEIR cats!   It's so cool, how loving them, and being close to them just makes us feel better.... 

And was it you Myra, that said your cat must know you don't feel good.  Yes, I really believe that...  Dogs and cats are very intuitive with their "Mom's"....  

I just have chickens.... and I don't sleep with them....  Oh!  And the neighbor cat...  I must take her the special cat-food I FORGOT to take yesterday.   She is always in her little plastic crate that I gave her, with a big blanket....  I had a warming mat that I used to use under my seedlings... But I gave that to her, and I put it in-between the folds of her blanket, and it keeps her warm!  I don't think a cat can EVER get too warm!   Those "chicken-cat people" will be home Sunday, and then I won't be responsible for them... until the next time.  But I LOVE seeing "Edith" get up when I come in the garage, and she starts talking to me... She can't get enough "pets"....image

Dutchess....  We are all with you babe...  Just like your guardian angels.   Wish I could tell you not to worry....  Okay I will.... Just don't worry...  Just remember we are with you...

Jwoo!  Cute Avatar!   AND your little Owl!

So okay Littlegoats, Tang, Teka and Blondie... Phylliwildone,  Fierce, and GG....  Hope today will be better than yesterday...

Oh WAIT!  Hold the phone!  Where is Mr. V.??  He must still be sleeping.  I'll go wake him up.... Didn't get much "sleep" last night....