Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Dutch,  I'm in the pocket too!  Praying it is just bursitis!  That can come and go and hurt like hell!

Vinnie. Knock 'em dead today!

Cami, cute Katie!  Hope you are feeling better and can get your scan tomorrow. 

Aly and Gumby!  Hope you had great birthdays!

Sas!  Sux they have to drag you down to build you up.  Your a tough ole bird though!  You got this!

Having coffee then will try to ketchup with everyone else!

Here's to a pleasant, problem free day!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Holeinone,  My bloodwork was good at my first chemo.  After chemo my blood counts came up, went back down, up again, and down again.  Onc said shes perplexed by the labs but coupled with the pain, we'll get scans.

Things I think are reassuring are normal alk. phos. and calcium, no pain at times (only with extreme movements, normal bone scan in early January and onc didnt just go with bone marrow biopsy.

I'm sorry again to carry on.  My mind just never stops going.

• dutchiris

Thanks EVERYONE.  You're all so incredible.

• dutchiris

Sas...good to see posts from you.  Regarding the original path report,  can they edit report once it's final or would there need to be an addendum to the original or an amended report ?  

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

everytime I go into the hospital they give them to me....but when I get BW when I have chemo they are fine....good luck!!

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

for spring, especially those back east who haven't seen it yet.

Teka, love the owl. It would be great as an appliqué.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Dutch I forgot what time this scan is but I do hope it's about done. Just having it over with is one relief. We're all with you  and u'll be surprised how fast u'r Dr. will get the results.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Yes Dutchess.... thinking of you!   Just ask how soon you can get the results...  we just want to know....  Then you can relax!

• Chevyboy

Women's Seminar........................

A group of women were at a seminar on how to live in a loving relationship with your husband.

The women were asked, "How many of you love your husband?"

All the women raised their hands.

Then they were asked, "When was the last time you told your husband you loved him?"

Some women answered today, a few yesterday, and some couldn't remember.

The women were then told to take out their cell phones and text their husband: "I love you, sweetheart."

The women were then told to exchange phones with another person, and to read aloud the text message that they received, in response...
    Here are some of the replies:1. Who the hell is this?

2. Hey, mother of my children, are you sick or what?

3. Yeh, and I love you too. What's up with you??

4. What now? Did you crash the car again?

5. I don't understand what you mean?

6. What the f*ck did you do now?

7. ?!?

8. Don't beat about the bush, just tell me how much you need?

9. Am I dreaming?

10. If you don't tell me who this message is actually for, someone will die.

11. I thought we agreed you wouldn't drink during the day.

12. Your mother is coming to stay with us, isn't she??

• Chevyboy

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713

Chevy, you are my big belly laugh today!! Thanks so MUCH!!!! Both the immaturity and love posts just tickled my ribs, and I needed it today.

Dutch, hoping things go well with your scan. I can't remember to name everyone right now, but I am hoping you are all recovering, healing, having some fun today.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Chevy, that was hilarious.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Chevy, that was a "hoot"!  Ok, so has anyone sent this to their SO?

Anyone heard from Dutchie?

*My former boss sent me this:

Should children witness childbirth? Good question.
    Here's your answer.

Due to a power outage, only one paramedic responded to the call.

The house was very dark so the paramedic asked Kathleen, a 3-yr old girl to hold a flashlight high over her mommy so he could see while he helped deliver the baby...

Very diligently, Kathleen did as she was asked.

Heidi pushed and pushed and after a little while, Connor was born.

The paramedic lifted him by his little feet and spanked him on his bottom. Connor began to cry. 

The paramedic then thanked Kathleen for her help and asked the wide-eyed 3-yr old what she thought about what she had just witnessed..

Kathleen quickly responded, 'He shouldn't have crawled in there in the first place.....smack his assagain!'

If you don't laugh at this one, there's no hope for you.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Thanks Chevy, I found it. It is lovely

Ziggy I reposted it to JustDiagnosed -Get Prepared. Lovely words. Needed to be saved for posterity.

Blue, please, post ziggy's words on the bathroom wall/mirror, and have it in your bedside nightstand to read when you wake up and when you go to sleep. Such beautiful words just for you from another beautiful person. :)

Smarrty, I put your tree words on the fuzzywarm page and JD-GP. Words of wisdom that we should listen too every day, when we can get our asses out of bed or off the couch---or at least mine, yeah specially mine, no one elses----thanks

H-1-that Pharmacists SUCKS---he should have addressed concern to doc NOT you.--------if someone asks my opinion, I ask what it is they really want to know. Then we go from there. Maybe it just hit me wrong. I try to arm someone with questions to ask, and other considerations that may not hae been thought of. BTW very cool story about DS. He's a wild one --cool

MY V KEY is sticking. it's making me crazy. never realize how often we use the  v key. I'm going to not correct it anymore.

• sas-schatzi

Blue---------wolf very appropriate---------my mood right now---put it on W&F&k page

@nd cute---lololoooloolo

Chevy put the women seminar in the header on W&F page

• 2nd_time_around

For those of you with cats:

• 2nd_time_around

And here's DD's cat:

She's "helping" me with laundry

• sas-schatzi

Hello Linda and $4444444

Linda we have our plan :) ---Late morning full pot of coffee:)

Phyillywhereeer you are. Work on bathroom continuing---all predicadted on the plan of you arrival. St Augustine may be iffy , if I continue on this downhill slide. BUT the pool will be pristine. AND DI is scheduled for cleaning-----no or minimal side along cleaning. Call if you can---may suggest you do augistine for a day.  You can do the tour train and it gies you a beautiful history of the place.

LOLOLOL the first time I was there in 1993, what am I impressed with at the fort? The latrine.The EPA would have an absolute fining fit today. But the fort had a multiseat latrine. The tide would come in and take everything out. Nice engineering. That reduced probability of viral/bacterial infections caused by transmisiion of stuff because of poop. With that said the fort was just like any other fort. Not worth the walk.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Hi everyone---Funny Funny stuff U2

I wrote a long thingy before and when I hit submit it said it was to busy to take it and disconnected me/ ME YES ME it just threw me aside like used paper products. Hmm==well I don't have a clue what I said but I think it was the most interestin, the funniest and most intelligent post I have ever written and now it's just lost. So everyone lost out.

What's going on with Dutch??? Anything???

OK I feel a little better finally--so I should be able to go for my scan tomorrow and as long as I don't have D I can go no matter how I feel---so that's the plan, I'm not nervous or have anxiety so save the pocket party for whoever needs it--so everyone relax. When I get scared is when I'll use the party, cuz I actually hear u all and talk to u and I'll end up on the 5th floor. ooeeeooooeee

OK I' going to rest again--I di do my calls today, just got one a few minutes ago. No time limit here.

Hope everyone had a decent day.

• dutchiris

Hey all...sorry to keep you all waiting.  I think things look ok but waiting on final report.  Keep your fingers crossed.  It still hurts so I'm guessing she'll proceed with the MRI?  Thanks for listening and for the support :)

• sas-schatzi

OMG- TO TRANSLATE WHAT CAMI JUST SAID---I'M GUESSING THE 5TH FLOOR WAS THE PSYCH UNIT. Well yes we all do belong there. We are all crazy, it's just depends on the day. One of life's elements is control. Knowing when going to the psych unit is a nice control. What was it that Chevy said? OCD___________decisions was the last word. I make the decision to go to the psych unit or I thought.

I used to be in this crazy job training medics----5 hospitals, 18 clinical units, 13 communities, 3 private ambulance services, city /state/national folks to keep happy. Think of all those adminisrartors egos. In the back of my mind was-----if I just say fuck it----I can't handle this. I could go and knock on the door of the psych unit and say, please, I need to be here. Bubble broken by psych nurse administartor----"You have to have a doctor's order".

• sas-schatzi

Dutchy, Yay-----------on to the next test.........

• sas-schatzi

I fly in and post, post, post then gone........I wish you were all in my house right now. Put in a pork roast. Olive oil, chicken broth, adobe, red onion, sweet onion, granny smith apples, oranges, marjoram, green pepper, sherry wine vinegar, pepper. Just a make it up as you go along---temp 325>>300 b/c DBF going to be late. If it taste anything like it smells----OMG

• sas-schatzi

Where OH where Is Vinny? We need to know how today went. Oh Vinny,please, tell us

• Smaarty

SAS, now you TELL us? How we suppose to get there in time??  Oh well, sounds good. I'm heading out to a meeting about starting Optifast for weight lost. I don't know if I could be good for 3-4 months to lose 30-40 lbs. have to see what it'll cost.

Love the crazy owl. Oh if you hit preview first, you probably won't lose your post. I keep having my wifi go out on me just as i submit something. I can usually hit the go back button and then preview it.  That usually saves it.

• Smaarty

yeah Vinnie, it's 8 pm back there! Maybe you're drinking or celebrating or, I know, you're out with Chevy! Cahooting around and you two really enjoying yourselves!  

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Sassy - I stupidly spent 5 long months as charge nurse on a behavioral care unit. I was locked in for 12 hours as usually no other RN around certainly not on the weekends. I could walk out on the porch only that far and only because staff could see me and I could see desk.

Yay Dutchy. I hurt in one place and then it changes in places. I have a toe (I know just a toe) giving me fits. And the worse thing I can't figure out which toe. I think it's the one old dog broke when she wrapped leash around it (or disjointed all self diagnosis). Just can't see taking Advil for a toe but going away for adult camping weekend soon and may have too but then I would have to seriously watch the alchy - I am such a lush.

Sassy - get you some "canned air" at the office supply. Blow those crumbs outta your keyboard. DH invested in cheap wireless keyboard/mouse though I should be better about turning both off to save batteries. OO - we had pork roast earlier this week, followed by enchiladas 2 night ago and I think bacon and pancakes tonight. Got about 4 almost empty containers of various pancake mixes. Gonna be interesting. Next time replace the sherry wine vinegar with an excellent quality of balsamic vinegar. Yum.

I always preview to see if someone has posted while I'm composing.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

hi gang, I'm 600 posts and 20 pages behind!  No way to catch up, so jumping in to say hey.  Got mom here and checked in, been back every day to help get her settled.  She seems to like it and has already met some nice folks which makes me feel soooo much better.  

Sassy, mom gave me a bunch of old Candlewick glassware, do you know it, with the beaded edge?  I thought I was just getting a heart-shaped candy dish but when we unpacked, there were plates and bowls, maybe ten pieces in all.  Nice!

We got past ATL on day one so there was no time to stop but we went by a lot of Cracker Barrels and I thought of you Sassy & Spookie, sorry it didn't work out.

Haven't had much free time so not here much.  L&H&P's to all ♥