Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Good morning Chevster!

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

No need to behave on my account, I fit right here.  

Thanks for the nice welcome and comments.

I'll be visiting often. Oh and im in central time zone. Right now it is 9:55 Saturday morning. 

One more pic, this is my cat that checks on me. Her name is moon.

She was enjoying my lap.image

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

I spoke with Vinnie's Ritchie yesterday. I'm on the list for Cali girls when they come out here. Vinnie hasn't posted since 3/27 anywhere. Is that stalking? I forgot to ask how his talk went. Shot! They don't have any set dates for Cali yet. I was thinking of going to MD but the timing doesn't work.

Where's Tang? She hasn't posted lately.  Glad everyone is doing better, hope Cami keeps getting better.

• Smaarty

imageThought you guys would like.

It's pouring, it's raining, the old man is snoring!

Finally getting more rain. Yeah! Much needed and should last off and on through Tuesday.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Aly, My mouse has batteries. It died and just needed new ones.

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713

2TA, can you see me now??? Love those kinds of images!

Blessings, love the happy dance!

Love the kitties, the grandkids, the good news from everyone.

Have a good weekend, y'all!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hi, someone asked how to make a hyperlink. This is the way my windows on an hp works:

1. Point cursor at URL/web address

2. Left click til it turns blue----index finger working side

3 Then hit clrl-c, then I move cursor away and hit till it turns white

4. Move to place you want to leave link. I usually make it the line below where I have ended typing.

like here

5. Hit clrl-v---it'll print the URL/web address. 

6.This is the key that will make it hyperlink>>>put the cursor/ flashing bar at the end of the URL/web address, and hit enter. That should cause link to turn it blue. That enter is the KEY. if you don't do that, you have a url but it won't link/work.

"AH hah Watson I think I have done it"

I'm going to repost this a couple of places and see if it helps others. If you have a different system this may not work Let me know. Good Luck. Sassy

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Welcome, Nettie! Cute kids - both the two-legged ones and the four-legged ones!!!!

Smaarty - we should be getting your rain in few hours. We sure need it! Sending you a PM.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

I'm BAAAACCCKKK.....wild vacation over, home safely...Miss you all, I have alot to read & catch up...BBL...hugs..

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Smaarty!  WHAT are you doing?  You're on the list for "call girls?"  I thought I was the only one that did that!  Oh well, guess not....

And Sass, are you talking about the links we post to take us to another web-site?  If that is it, I just click on it, and it takes me there....Otherwise I highlight, then hit copy, then go up to Browser bar, and click, then hit paste....  I have a Dell, with vista....   If you are talking about something I know nothing about, which is the norm, then never mind...Loopy

Cammi!  Are you around?  Or did the dreaded D catch you again?  Just let us know....   xoxoxo

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

this is the rocking horse My DH made for our grandson.

So glad I found this thread. It makes me smile and I need that today. Having an achy day...I would be so thankful to have these pains go away. 

Anyway, made it to the party but now I'm pooped.  

• Holeinone

Linda,  Stable is fantastic...

Myra, Ziggsters, Dutchie, Phylionarampage.......YEEHA, love the good news

Nettie WELCOME, to the best group. I feel your achy pain in the hips, mine comes & goes from the AIs. 

Cami, get better....NOW, we are concerned, & I am the official worrywart of the Owlettes, so I hope it gets better this weekend...

I was in S. Calif. for 6 nights. I golfed 4 times, shopped a little, out to dinner. The BEST part for me is floating in the pool. I love to float. There were 5 couples, lots of laughter, teasing, too much spirits. So, back to being healthy, eating right. 

Maddy/2nd time, hope to get to visit with you when I come back this summer...

Tangarang, hoping you are resting, you have had to deal with too much. I was lucky, my BS & MO told me not to work. I listened, which was smart, cause I know I could not haul my arse to school everyday.

I have a US on Tues., the node that got left behind. Amazing, happy news..My MO said I can get the Biophosphonate treatment. I might have to pay, won't know until they do it...

Hello Sas, Chevy, Bluebird, Blondie, Teka, Blessings, Wren, Smaarty & all.....

• sas-schatzi

Chey, I loe the way youa nswer everyone's post. It makes it so easy on the rest of us. Cuz you saY IT ALL---COOL

cAMI-HOPE THE D STAYS AWAY SO YOU CAN BE QUEEN TODAY(?) tomorrow.

Helooooooooo netticat-------we love kids,people, and are furballs. 

Dutchy, unless money is an issue it would be very good to get that MRI now. Both done in the same proximity of time. Very good for overall analysis. Plus, then if the pain returns ----no wait. Still think you should locate pain doc for pyriformis evaluation. 

@TAsre you still doing aftershocks?

Phylihouston-------did fish with walter in mind. It's cooking and smells heavenly. Bacon, red onion, granny smith apple. tilapia, another layer of same. >>>philly cream cheese with tarragon , lime juice, adobe--------bayleaves.

ALY why do we always do stuff that we know is going to wear us out. Hope the bones feel better---DRUGS!

DBF sprained ankle>>>>>>>already having to raise my voice to get him todo what I want. MEN.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Sassy, is the ankle-bone connected to the ear-bone in men?

Welcome Nettie!  ♥ to all

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Sas...Money is not an issue regarding the MRI.  I'm going to meet my maximum out of pocket expense for insurance this year and will every year for the rest of my days.  I am thinking you're right,  I should get the MRI.  While the discomfort seems to be getting a little better, it is definitely not gone.  

• sas-schatzi

Been thinking------always sumpin eh? Thinking of a sister that still reads, but doesn't post much b/c she's too weak. She's in the stage 4 group, but we had worked on one of the threads together along time ago.One of those exciting threads like constipation, but it wasn't that one. I don't want to invade her privacy, so, I won't use her name.

Then I started thinking of the Warm & Fuzzy Owls Kitties and Funny Stuff thread. 

At first, it was simply a place to keep things that made us happy that we didn't want to loose over time as the pages turn.

Now maybe something different. When our minds are so heavy,  reading complex things can be a chore. But what we are posting on W&F's thread is light , fluffy, easy. They can cheer without having to work at the thought too much. Without having to  try to keep track of too many words.

So, when you post something here or on one of your other threads, that's a picture, saying that we all get as BC 'ers. Please, post it there too. Keep it simple i.e. few words. 

There are several serenity type threads like Foley's pictorial venues. I'm sure there are more that I'm not aware of.

If anyone thinks this has value, we could ask the others to do transporter links in the topic boxes that would make it even easier for those that need it.

Link to warm and fuzzy owls,kitten,dogs,goats,and other things thread.

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/102/topic/...

Hope, I'm making sense :) sassy

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Lady buddies!  I'm very happy about All of the great rreports.  Sorry for the spelling.  I got into sassy's wine.  Played chicken foot and ate pecan tassies until I got kind of icky feeling.  Fun times!

P

• sas-schatzi

phillywine stealer---damn couldn't figure out why the bottle was empty. OH WELL, no wine tonight. XOXO

• Blessings2011

Oh, Chicken Foot!!! Miss GrahamCracker- that was my mom and my aunties' favorite game. Those old gals played til the moon came up.... and cheat? Man... you'd never guess how those sweet little old ladies would cheat.... or at least accuse each other of cheating... and then they would laugh til they peed! 

Thanks for a sweet memory!!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Phyloinhuston

Do you like ice cream? Favorite flavor?

Ms SAS, same ?s. 

• Holeinone

Phylionarampage  or Blessings....

Please explain chicken foot, I have never heard of it....

• phgraham

Spookie - my new favorite ice cream is goo goo cluster.  Yum!  I think its Kemp's brand.

I can't explain  chicken foot.  I can only sorta play it!

P

• Holeinone

I googled it, think I have played it before. A domino game...

• phgraham

Yep, dynamos!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

sounds dynamite!  Winking

• Blessings2011

Holeinone - Chicken Foot is a domino game. When everyone's tiles are spread out on the table they sort of form a pattern that looks like a chicken's foot.

These days, DH and I like to play Mexican Train... a similar domino game!

• sas-schatzi

Spookie --simply vanilla . What are you cooking up?

Phyllochickenfoot I think I have a domino set stashed from my DEAR MARY.

H1 details on wild partee?

Dutchy--good decision

• sas-schatzi

Smarrty I think Tang is chemoing

• Smaarty

anybody hear from Vinnie? Maybe he didn't survive the meeting?  ;)