Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Just checking in.....aftershocks continuing out here in Southern California. I live quite a distance from the epicenter but a good friend lives in the La Habra area and her cinder block wall surrounding her house crumbled to the ground, also, glass broke in her house. Her dogs are terrified. Hopefully these aftershocks are relieving pressure so the so called 'big earthquake' won't hit us. 

I can never get caught up on this thread. Lots of new names and stories and great pics. I'm still not sleeping much. My iron levels are slowly coming up. I'd like to start exercising but wear myself out quickly. I want to also start painting..that requires pulling out art supplies, so I keep putting it off. Anyone out there try enzymatic metabolic advantage to help increase energy? I picked it up at the Vitamin Shop after looking over all the reviews online. My t-3 is low but total thyroid is within range so doctor won't treat. Ok, enough rambling, hope everyone is doing well. 

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Oh WTH?????   Sassy, I can't hardly even keep up with this little thread, much less 10 othes!  Ha!  I thought you were KIDDING when you mentioned that other one about Chickens, Owls, Buffalo's and Worms!    I could just highlight, copy and paste, but that would be redundant.

By the Vinnie.... it's okay....  Just come up for air.....  They're all looking for you....  They want to know how the conflab went wherever it was you went!  I thought it best that YOU tell them the details....   You know.... I mean you made me swear not to tell..... 

I have no news....  Been so tired lately.... I mean it's just hard to do all I HAVE to do, and fit  fun things into my shhedule!   Actually I'm not tired..... It was just an off-hand reference to Vinny....I think he said something about a cold shower.....

I'm getting my yard  looking better...  And still have to put together a Bench, and a Glider our girls gave us for Christmas.... They gave us a little Bistro metal patio table and chairs...  It is a Betty Sue turquoise folding table and chairs....It's so CUTE! 

CAMMI!  Where for art thou?  Is Vinny with YOU?  I already KNOW about Smaarty.... but I thought you........ oh never mind....... 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

hi all, Happy Sunday!  ♥

Chevy, I have yard work to do too and am looking forward to it.  Gonna be in the 60's today for the first time since last Halloween.  It's been a long cold winter and I am SO ready for spring!

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

Good morning, unanimity thankfully I was not able to be here during the night, finally some sleep.

Wishing you all a happy Sunday.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Goodmorning Owlettes,  Pawprint  helloJi no comment on supplements----research all over the spectrum, but haven't seriously studied it. On T3 see endocrinologist. It's their system treatment area. The activity right with you, I can use soooo many excuses to put them off. Glad to see you pop in, :) come more often:)

Chevy just do it. some day you may be the one that can't energize to type or read----OMG Chevy not type what would we all do in the morning?

BTW where's Teka with morning coffee? So spoiled--- Teka and Chevy in the morning.

DBF's ankle much better this morning. Thinks I'm wonderful b/c he can walk. Standard treatment ---ice and elevation, and NSAID. But makes it easier to get him to do what I want , so, I'll take it.

• sas-schatzi

Cami this is the epitome of hair chalk LOL

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Good morning!  I spent yesterday afternoon with my sister watching my daughter play soccer.   Then we went shopping for soccer gear.  It was a great day and nice weather.  I think all that walking aggravated my hip.

I think Cami was going to her daughter's place for the weekend.  It sounded like she would be in good hands.  

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Badger....looks like a pretty nice day here in WI.  I'm looking forward to spending some time outside today too.

• sas-schatzi

Hi Owlettess, I've just invited a newbie to join us. She has only posted twice-so she's really a new newbie. Here's the link to her thread. She's come through absolute hell and made it. Everyone on BCO has, each story is so amazing. We are just superwoman to survive such hell.

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/102/topic/...

L&H&P's sassy

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Sas, I just read her posts....I hope she does join us, we can make her laugh, blush and know that we "get it" 

• sas-schatzi

H-I1 :)

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Oooo it is so quiet here. Makes me a little scared.. what the F*888k is going on? Is EVERYBODY having a torrid affair with Vinnie except me??!! Even the old ladies? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt. My life sucks so bad. 

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

no Ziggy, some of us have lives! I don't but that's ok, you don't and that's ok too!  I've been busy sewing like I was supposed to do all week. Now I don't feel so bad. Working in #3 bridesmaid dress. I should go put the zipper in now but it will wait until tomorrow. Now I'm going to play on my iPad.

We never heard from Vinnie. I wonder who's keeping him company???

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Smaarty and Blessings, please send the rain down south here. We need it. I mowed the back lawn (DH did the front), so we're ready for rain.

Nettie, cute grandson! Please come to visit and stay awhile.

So good to see you Pawprint! Did you feel aftershocks too? Somehow, I've missed those, just felt the big one. Hoping the rest of your friend's property is okay, they're showing houses condemned because of the quake, so sad. 

Ziggy and Smaarty, count me in on the "my life sucks" club. I have earned a lifetime membership!

Sassy, I left mrswest a post too, hopefully she'll come visit.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

2TA, Wash your car and rain should come. Or plan a party outside.

• ziggypop

No Smarty, I have a life... I do, I do, I do.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

A life? People have such things? My biggie for the day is going to the dog park. Guess that's better than Dr appts but still........

Oh wait! I get to take my car for an oil change tomorrow. Oh the excitement!!!!

• Nettie1964

I plan to stay around...I.just hope it's not in the middle of the night. I DO have a life, a very busy one..and I need all the sleep I can get. 

I work full time, we own a kennel, I have two grandkids, 3 dogs and to many cats. We live on 9 acres and there is always something to be done. 

Also I managed all of this while going through treatment. Never missed work except for an appointment.  I am grateful that I was able to. 

Well I'll probably be around for a  longer tonight, but hoping that I drift off to sleep.

• ziggypop

Okay Nettie, you have a life - but cats don't count. Now, Chevy, you have to give her credit,'cause even though she's an ol' blue hair biddy she DOES get out (even though it's only to super Walmart on a good day). But she does make the most of it -between propositioning the stock boys and mowing down the greyhairs, it's sure to be an amusing (for those over 87) outing. 

• Nettie1964

Oh but ziggy, those cats are what have kept me sane. They are my therapy, they are so entertaining. I have a new litter of 5 right now and it looks like I may end up having to bottle feed the runt.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Teka, a night of culture, dining & friends.....sounds wonderful. I am recovering from my vacation & the drive home. It's about 12 hours. We went 8 and then got a hotel. 

So back to the cold, and 35 mile an hour wind....

Nettie, wow 9 acres. Does someone farm it? Do you rent out the ground? My house is on a 1/3 of an acre...that's more than I can handle. Last summer, for the first time in my married life, we hired a lawn guy. I have always mowed & DH trimmed. The sweet Portuguese guy did an awesome job. I am hiring him again. DH does not have time to trim, I love to mow, but after losing last summer & fall, I am going to  enjoy this summer. 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Wow u guys have been busy==Nettie u have lot to do, don't know how u do it. Love u'r pic.

Well some of u have things to do I should learn how to spell and type, but it's to much trouble.

See Chevy u pay no attn.to what I say--I said I was going to my DD1 and had a great time so I was busy and no D--just exhausted and she said she could see it so I was babied, haha I fooled her. But I'm realy tired now so I'll start anew and talk to everone tomorrow.

BTW I was missing a while from my DD's hehehe. But wore reasonable shoes. 

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

2nd, rain stopped last night, should start up again tomorrow afternoon. I'll blow it your way. After we get what we need. You know it all flows south anyway!

Gotta go, kids here for GS birthday.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

T e k a, I went to a small collage in a small town. Since I was a theater major I got to work every visiting program. My four year favorite musician was Dave Brubeck! Favorite act and performance  was the famous actress Dame Judith Anderson. She arrived at the theater while another student and I were setting up the stage for her. As we worked we rehursed lines for the next play, didn't know she was there. She sat and listened and stayed to talk. After the show she took the two of us out for Anita a drink.

• sas-schatzi

Thanks for all that posted to MrSWEST46 and rallying around her. I sent a note to the Mods to see if they can contact her b/c I'm not sure she knows how to use BCO. I so remember those first posts and not understanding. Blundering my way through. Love you gals-YOUR GREARRRRRRRRRRT!.

Now Mrswest46 come see us:)

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Chabba Holy chit how exciting for u. And making of a great memory. Oh Dave Brubeck was great but I also liked--oops can't think of his name I just did and it's gone Peterson maybe--oh I hate that.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Came, that happens to me all too often!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Sassypants – glad DBF’s ankle is better. You definitely don’t
    want to play Nurse Nancy.

Dutchess – glad you had a nice day out. I get that hippage sometimes after walking
    too much…

Ziggy – No, we're not all having a torrid affair with Vinnie...either Chevy still has him hog-tied, or he
    finally came to his senses and realized he was up to his eyeballs in bats#*t
    crazy around here!

2TA – Hey, I kept the rain all night, but sent it your way
    this morning…. And - there's more on the way!!! WOOT!  Hope you are all done with the rockin’ and rollin’ down there....

Wren – great ideas!

Spookiesmom – My, you DO have a full schedule!!!

Nettie – there is no such thing as “too many cats”…. And just
    ignore Ziggy…. Cats DO TOO count!!!

Teka – sounds like a grand evening!!!!

Holeinone – I always feel like I need a vacation after I get
    back from a vacation… 8 hours on the road? Arghhh.

Cami – good job on the visit to DD, and getting babied! You’re
    doin’ it right!!! And congrats on the “no D”…

Chabba – what a cool memory!!!

~ ~ ~

O.K. ALERT THE MEDIA – I DO HAVE A LIFE!!!!

Just got back from dinner out with friends. Had a fabulous
    time, incredible food, lots of laughs. It’s been months since we did that. Now
    I’ll probably sleep til noon tomorrow…..

Oh, wait, I forgot my OTHER social obligations… have to line
    up about four routine doctors’ appointments tomorrow…. Oh well, I can probably
    squeeze in a few phone calls in the afternoon…

Nighty night, Owlettes!!!

• sas-schatzi

Chabba and Cami I can only remember a few--Motown folks, The rat pack guys----can't name much after that. Love country western now ---still have trouble with names of songs and singers, but love when there songs come on OH WELL.............

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Blessings, sounds like you're getting rest and returning to your usual witty self! It was bright and sunny this morning, started getting windy this afternoon, like pre-storm. Ready for that. About the rocking and rolling, I only felt the first one. DD said she teaching swim lessons today and felt a jolt, had to clear everyone from the pool. 

Maybe Sassy does want to Nurse Nancy in a sexy little outfit, I won't judge her for that, as long as DBF doesn't have problems with the other ankle     Winking  Whatever makes them happy

Nettie, I agree, no such things as too many cats. The most I have had at one time were 4 adults, never kittens, but that didn't last long - too much fur flying around. 

Hi1, glad you got some time away