Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• flatnfab54
    flatnfab54 Member Posts: 13

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. My  doc appointment is April 9. Have not figured out how to post pics here yet!! Chevy not sure who you wanted me to call,  if you mean the section 8 waiting list it can take 2-3 YEARS here in SC. I read on one of the web md sites that colon polyps and low vitamin d go hand-n-hand. Anyone heard about this?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Flat, Hadn't heard it about colon polyps, but it's related to breast cancer so that would make sense. I know a lot of people here tested low and have been given prescription vit D to get their levels up. Mine was low normal, but I started taking 1,000 per day in addition to what's in my calcium, and got it up to 80. I was amazed it was normal since I avoid the sun. I've had skin cancer on my face and burn in 15 minutes.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Flatsy....  I think I meant for you to call anyone that you have called before, like SS?  Are you old enough to ask AARP if they have referral numbers for you to call for temporary help?    I mean if you could even call your local senior center, or even a woman's shelter with your questions?  I was just trying to think of what I would do in that situation....   

Do they have local food banks in SC?  I know they do here....  Even women that have no-where else to go, can go to the Treasure Trunk here, and pick out anything they need, at no charge... It is a thrift shop for everyone else, but we donate everything to them....    Would your local Police Department have any other answers for you?  

Now if this was Phyllidink, with the ankle bracelet, they would KEEP her there, if they heard from her!  Ha, ha!  

• flatnfab54

I qualify for food stamps and go to a food bank once a month. I have Medicare/Medicaid so most of my medical bills are covered and presciptions. I know where to get help with my electrical bill and I am blessed to have a roof over my head. I am able to pay my rent but it is almost 2/3 of my disability check so section 8 would really help. The financial impact is that all my credit cards in colllections and one is taking me to court. My credit is shot and it will just take awhile for me to qualify for any kind of loan and credit for awhile that is what I meant with the long term financial issues. Don't get me wrong I am truley thankful I have food on my table, kept the power on and a roof over my head. When I  first diagnosed I found a place for free wigs, hats, ensure drinks, gas card for radiation treatment. I was turned down the first time I applied for Medicaid and appealed the decision. The same with disabilty appealed twice and went to court to get approved. I go to Salvation army and thrift store for clothes and household items. Also go to yard sales and flea markets and have gotten a table at flea market and  sold alot of my things since I had to downsize.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Ohhh... if only I were still working! I would totally do this to one of my coworkers. Happy April Fools Day!!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Morning all, just flying through and reading to catch up. Has wonderful busy weekend and then on Monday went put with friend over to island - we used our 'super' cards and it was free. We took the bus round the island then has lunch with tourists and other oldies out for a free trip. 

I am sitting here unfortunately have asthma this morning. 

Do hope every one is having a good day.

Big hugs 

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

omg that is so wrong! 
    LOL!!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

blessings or Jwoo, am I missing something, all I see is a little box...

Alyson, sounds like a lovely outing...

Good News for me! Bad boy node looks clean, normal, cancer free....:-)

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

imageHole

• camillegal

Flat I'm glad u did as much as u did do, good for u, bt it must have taken a lot out of u to keep up with all these rules. Have u tried bankruptcy?  I know there's a lot of work involved with that too, but it's just a thought.

• jwoo

- awesome news Holeinone! and the photo is of an air horn taped under someones hydraulic office chair.  that is snough to scare the pants off anyone!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Yeah Golf Girl!!!  See , now aren't you glad you got it checked so you know for sure.........!!!  More good news, gotta love that!

Aly, hope the asthma settles fast!

Helloo everyone!!

• Holeinone

Thanks for celebrating with me. I came home & had avocado toast....my favorite..

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Tell me about avocado toast please...love me some avacados!

• flatnfab54

Cami I have checked into bankrupty and it cost alot to file. It is crazy I know. The statue of limitations ran out on all of my credit cards here in sc except the one that is suing me in court. So they can try to collect but they can not take me to court.

Holeinone great news Happy

aly asthma is scary ,my jungest son had it when he was little and then he just grew out of it.

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

Everyone must be busy this evening, not much action. Guess it's a little early for owls.  :)

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

I worked most of the day.  I have little energy left.  Just wanted to drop in and goodnight.

Great news about the node Holeinone.

• camillegal

It is quiet tonite---but it's Tuesday and remember  Tuesday has no feel for some reason, it is a blah day for most of us.

Damn I slept so much today and last nite--I'm just so tired--well my D doesn't help so I shouldn't complain. My Katie-Kat is all cuddled for the night so when I lay back she's right next to my head.

• Holeinone

thanks to all for the well wishes on my scary stowaway node...

Avocado Toast....I love Dave's Killer Bread, I don't know if its sold everywhere. No biggie, whatever bread you like, toast, a little butter & lots of fresh avocado spread on top of the butter. When I was in chemo, and could not eat, I would drizzle olive oil on top. But, that's not normal. One of the little coffee shops in town has avocado toast on the menu.

Sleep tight....

• Valsa123
    Valsa123 Member Posts: 70

hope so!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

HAPPY DANCE FOR HOLEINONE!!!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Sassy, good luck in court

T&C, glad you're checking in. How you been!

Blessings, the chair is naughty. Like the dancing bear. Why when I try to upload a animation it doesn't move? It rained here about an hour ago, didn't last long. Really cold today (for us).

Hi1, yay! That's the best news! Wish I could post the dancing men for you. Thanks for the info about avocado toast, my DD will it.

F2, my goodness, you are a very strong woman and sure have your act together even in the most stressful of situations.

Aly, hoping the asthma just disappears. 

Gonna try to get some sleep tonight. Need to attend a funeral for a friend's husband and then off to a job fair. Think it will be a trying day.

We got thru Aprils Fools. 

• jwoo

2nd time- hope you get some rest! I have LE-PT in the morning, an it doesn't look like i am gonna get any sleep tonight. Got stuck in a pittyparty for a good part of the evening. At least those are coming less frequently than they used to. 

Blessings- super cute bear! 

Cami, how are you? if i had the big D for this long, i would have strangled a doctor or 10 already. 

FlatFab- you have a great attitude! I am glad there are community and other programs to assist you. I hope you get a good giggle in court at them. Seriously, how much are they wasting doing this when you are not working and on assistance? what do they think they are gonna get? i hope that when the judge rules in your favor and tells them to stick it, that you give them a big ol 'pfffffbbbbbtttt' after you leave the courtroom. :)

Alyson, hope your asthma is better today. I am so jealous of where you get to live!

xoxox

• Alyson

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Jwoo, thanks, hoping I get some sleep too. Wish I had this thread earlier tonight, we coulda chatted. 

Thanks for the smile, Aly.

I spoke too soon. Best April Fools prank EVER:

http://www.sharedots.com/this-waitress-becomes-vic...

sweet dreams to all those still awake

• jwoo

omg- that was an awesome prank!

made me cry some more, but happy tears this time!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

WOW - what a nice way to end my evening. G'Night Homies!

• camillegal

2nd What aa great feeling that Prank was--she's one special lady.

Well I'm saying Good Morning while others are trying to sleep and I know how that is, so I hope rest comes easily for all. It's supposed to rain the next couple of days, but spring rain, I like that fragrace in the air. I don't even mind the aces and pains that come with this weather. I don't like the other aches and pains, but these are fine.

My days are all screwed up this week, no reason just happening.

So I hope everyone has a good day today.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Air Horn Office Chair Prank

Okay, is this what you meant by Best Prank?  I didn't get the picture either, but found this on at Google Images...

And the Waitress prank was the best!  Wow! 

I hope all you gals do better today....!  Dear Husband started getting his annual bout with gout...(that RHYMES!!!) last night....  so this morning, he can hardly even WALK!  I really DO feel bad, and mentioned (once again) that maybe cutting down on the daily IV of beer might help.... We'll see.  He doesn't drink a LOT, but evidently it is TOO much for him!  Not to mention me....  and how I feel about it...  So I got him a couple Aleve... and he is back laying down... No, he won't use my cane...  guess it's too girly, or he doesn't WANT to...

Shells knows... 

Okay.... guess I'll go try and be sympathetic to someone who is having a hard time walking....  Like ME!!!  Ha!  I mean I have had a hard time for how long now?  But I'm still out there working in the yard, and acting like some sort of Super woman.... 

• Alyson

Thursday morning here just after 4 am and I am awake. Will drink my tea and try for a couple of hours sleep.