Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Chevy nice hat! DH looks like James Dean!

• Blueberry4
    Blueberry4 Member Posts: 20

Hi all, I've been following your thread for a few days now. You all seem so fun and awesome.  Can I join and be awesome too?

• spookiesmom

Sure you can! Chevy will think up a name for you. I have chemo brain right now. Welcome to our fun farm!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Welcome Blueberry!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Oh my gosh, I don't stand a chance of staying caught up with the kids home on Spring Break.  I am back on page 374 so just gonna jump right in!

Hope the good news streak is keeping up for everyone!  I got my drain pulled today and the PS committed to scheduling and starting my recon over as soon as he gets back from Africa.  He is going to work in a clinic on burn victims.  He showed me some pics and he has his work cut out for him!

Have a good night ladies!  I will try to do better keeping up!

• spookiesmom

Phyloinhuston Where are youuuuuuu?

• 4sewwhat

Zigster, just saw the gardening post!  I agree you are very inspirational.  Love it.  Thank you!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Sassy, like the new avatar, it says a lot. Sorry today didn't go as planned.

Welcome Blue or BB4, or whatever name Chevy bestows upon you. Come and play with us, when you can.

for the record, didn't make it to the job fair - glad I didn't, I would have arrived as a drowned rat! Was close to Mom and Dad so I paid them a visit. Craziness, but it allowed Dad to get a little nap while Mom was being goofy. Details later, have a 40 mile ride home, hoping it doesn't rain again (major freeway construction as it is)

For the east coasters, wishing you a good night sleep

• 4sewwhat

Drive Safe 2TA!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Nettie, In addition to Aromasin, arthritis does that come and go stuff. I have it in my wrists and it can hurt a lot, then nothing for days, then back to hurting.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Ziggy, your post almost made me cry. You really are a wonderful writer and helped lift my spirits. Thank you.

Chevy, what a cute couple and beautiful girls you have.

I'll try to write more tomorrow. So tired. Thank you to everyone sending positive thoughts.

Welcome BB4!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

finally got a chance to catch up on the past couple pages. 

Ziggy, your flower garden analogies is beautiful! Do you write poetry too? Hidden talent you have. 

Chevy, what a couple! Your daughters are so pretty! 

Thanks, 4sew, the freeway construction is scheduled for the 4th so I sailed thru the area. Moving some multi-ton railroad bridges will be a b**ch!

Ok, time to off the iPad and get some sleep (I hope).

Good morning, Owlettes!

BTW, has anyone heard from Vinnie and his talk went? Wonder if we scared him off

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I am thinking about bed and hope I get more sleep than last night.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

1/2 Good Morning everyone--I had to pee and took a pain pill so I'm up just a little--

Chevy u'r girls are beautiful, just like u, And good u'r DH is going to the Dr. so he can get meds--Out with the gout I always say, well I don't always say that but sometimes. 

Aly u'r having a bad time lately, I hope it starts getting better for u.

4, with all u do don't worry about catching up, just pop in when u can.

Oh remember blueberry Buckle when our kids were little--I love that name, Welcome blueberry come and join us, with good times. bad times. any times and tell us about u'rself. And no judgement here if u'r a felon we don't care.

OK just check a few things out then back to sleep.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Your up late Cami!

• camillegal

Hi Aly, I did go back to sleep and just woke up. I think u'r weather is changing now. a ne season like ours. Is that why all this stuff is acting up on u, or are things just acting up.? BTW I really like u'r new avatar, u look beautiful.

• dutchiris

Good morning, Cami.  Did the pain pill do the trick?  Do they make you sleepy?  Most of the time I get a good nap after taking them.  

Aly, have you received your government pension yet?  

• camillegal

Hi Dutch---yes my pill helps= I don't take a  strong one, I can't take them Damn, but it's good enough and it usually makes me tired which is better  the other option. But I awake for now.

Hey I hear thunder, oh it can't just rain we have to have a storm?

• dutchiris

As the kids would say "I know, right?"  Work has been crazy this week and I don't think I'll be off tomorrow like originally planned.  But money to help with med bills and daughter's college expenses.  I'll feel a little better after a shower.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Morning gals..... Jackie sent me this, and it is unbelievable!  Remember

"Skidboot?"  I don't think I could have even trained my KIDS to do this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zr3_mXJeP1g

You guys, I'm worried that somehow did I get Vinny in trouble?  I mean all that talking and all?  I just wondered if someone reported that we were out of control on this thread....  I mean ME maybe?

I just sent him a PM... from "the other woman".... so hopefully he will come back on here....  I PROMISE I won't tease him again!

I don't know if I could even GET DH to the Doctor's this morning.... He is using that WALKER I gave up a few weeks ago!  I just gave him 2 Aleve...  He used that plastic thing, so didn't have to get up in the middle of the night....

And thank you gals for the compliments!  I am on the left...HE is on the right, just in case you didn't know...

Nettie.... start all over... we ALL do this...  I think it is easier to start an "email" and "highlight, then copy and paste" it HERE!!!  It works better for ME that way, and I can go back pages, and fool around, and then copy it right HERE!!!  when I am done with it!

Okay WTH is going on with SASS????  WHAT is that Avatar?  I can't even decipher it!  I don't even know what Servantes IS?  Am I supposed to know everything?  Does CAMMI know?   Sass, just hope you rested after THIS one....    I'll come take care of you, and wipe your brow, and smack you on top of your head, for screwing up.... What did you do?  Oh well, never mind.... better not tell us, cause we'll just laugh.....

OH?  We have a BlueberryHill with us?  Hot Dang!  Just reminds me of  Fats Domino singing this, when I went to a Prom!!!!!!!!!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQQCPrwKzdo

Okay!  I love you already!  You sound very well, for just STARTING out with all of this!  But you ARE awesome already!  So hanging with us, is just ASKing  for fun and maybe a few gasps!  Ha!

Good Morning LittleDutch, 4444444, Spookie and drowned as a mouse 2nd!    Oh?   4444444 said "2TA"....  THAT means "time around".... so okay.... 2TA it IS!!! 

And Hi Wren, Teka and Fierce!  Did Vinnie's people ever contact you?  Hope all is okay with him....and that his privileges have not be rescinded here with us/me...image

Aly, are you doing better now?   Your sleepy-owl is so cute!

Cammi!!  Yes, his gout is much worse this morning.... thinking of carrying him piggy-back to the car & to the Doc's!  I'm going to call and explain the situation, and ask if they could call IN that gout medicine, because I don't think he can even WALK!!!  I'll see when he gets up!

WTH is Blueberry Buckle?  Is that the color of your buckle on your belt or something?   Or is it a pie?  I think?  And don't go presumpting that any new gal is a felon.... That's what we have Phyllidink for...Maybe she's a spy though..... anyway.

Yes Dutchess.... go take a shower.... like Cammi does...  only she BLABS it all over....!  Her smelling good and all!

• Chevyboy

• Chevyboy
  • FierceBluebird

Blueberry buckle is a lazy persons way of making pie. But it's just as yummy! We have wild blueberries in our woods (huckleberries) but the darn turkeys (the birds - not cammi & ziggy) get up before I do and usually eat them all. 

Didn't sleep last night. Worries getting me down. Need some spring happiness. 

• FierceBluebird

Chevy, shame on you for spying on that naked rat in the bath!  You can't be missing Vinnie that much!

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

Boy oh boy, I can't keep up with all that goes on here!  Work, grandbabies, yardwork, still having appts!

I didn't try to repost my long post I lost because by the time I finished I was exhausted and now I don't even remember what I wrote!  Must not have been important!

Still having issues with scar tissue around incisions that is wreaking havoc on nerves and causing me many appts with chiro and massage to try to get rid of it!  It is NOT fun!!!!  Hurts like H**l!!  

Anyway - once again, this thread has brightened my day!  Oh BTW, you all have me curious about Vinnie, why has he gone missing?  What did ya'll do to him?  He hasn't been on here since I joined, so I tried to go and find him and read some of his post!  Hope he will return soon!

Hope the day is nice to you all!!

• Nettie1964

imageCan we say chemo brain???

• camillegal

That's a good one Nettie.

Chevy why would u think Vinnie isn't here cuz of u?  U give u'rself way to much credit for doing anything. So don't worry that little brain..I would think he's busy and he doesn't have the time right no. Wow some people think they can control a lot of things here-

Phone

• Nettie1964

Teka, I'm on my 3rd cup and I usually only have one, if at all!  It's going to be a long day for me!

• 4sewwhat

imageI sent the Colorado athorities looking for V.  This turned up in someone's basement so he should be back soon!!  He's been there a while, look how much hair has grown back!!

• Nettie1964

Today my world consists of Vicks Inhaler, Halls Cough drops, Afrin, and Vicks Dayquil!

Can you say, not having such a good day!  And all the coughing is just making me sore!! 

Sorry to whine and complain, I'm actually at work, just needed a minute to vent, I'll be OK!!