Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Music------oh my, yes it's difficult at any age, but those of you that are so young. :(. Contact memeber StaceyLee. She's 34. She's wonderful. She may have insights that we olders may not have. I'll send you a list of threads that you can add to your Favs and review as needed. It's a kind of resource library list. 

There is another page, I haven't read yet, I'm sure some one has jumped in. We have many younger women here, that also have young children. 

Stay with us for as long as you wish to be here. Sometimes newbies--you are a newbie---stay for awhile, then move to a different home thread. That's a normal thing. LOVE &HUGS& PRAYER's--L&H&P's sassy

• sas-schatzi

Teka Thanks, I have lot's of pics saved to change my avatar to whomever/whatever I feel like at the moment. So this is me for at least today. 

Worked hard on 2d6 today :)

Chevy has he been on Levaquin lately? Any new drug? What has actually been done to dx this? Just like 4 said "you don't want to be near him if it ruptures" Achilles rupture is excruciating. Walking could make the situation worse. As Cami said--Ems transport is the best could save from further injuring whatever is going on. The fact the top part of the foot hurts  now says something is changing--get his ornery a** to the hospital. It could be the difference between a short recovery and along recovery.  Chevy it could mean a nursing hom stay if he doesn't behave. Many times that thought gets a reclacitrant patient to do stuff they should do.

Aly, 2,cami all YAY thank you, having that BR out of commission has been such an inconvenience, beyond what I'll write b/c it's boring. 

Shells and Chrissy  Hugs, hope you come often to visit.

H1--I have done that with those dots. Have no clue how, but when I want them where are they.

SUN and warm here :) air off and house open.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

tool bar primer:

B - bold

I - italics

T - strike thru

•  
    •  
    • - bullets

2. numbering/numbered list
  • Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

thanks Maddy, now I am curious about the headstone. BBL

• 2nd_time_around

Hi1, I'm curious about the headstone too. Looked back a couple pages, what did I miss?

• Holeinone

it's on the warm & fuzzy thread

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930

Hugs to you, Sass. imageI missed you, too.....and C&C, too.

So we have hooligans on STFU and owlettes here? Are you owlish? (I had to look that up, it means like an owl, esp. in acting or appearing wise or solemn)

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Okay, now PITA DH has crutches, and a new prescription for 50 mg of Indomethacin.... not the 25.... Doc called back and still says it is probably the Achille's tendon, with small tears...   Okay.... gotcha about the complete tear.... yikes!  DD had the crutches waiting, and even a box of Chester's Chicken!   Now I have to do a little work, and try and get in a better mood...   Snooze

Hi Shells...  How is DH doing?    Going to rain here, I think..... better than snow, right? 

• sas-schatzi

Shells, Well someone called us owls b/c owls are up at night. Then someone coined Owlettes. I joked that with those that cross posted to STFU were Hoolie Owlettes and different combinations. There are cross posters from Hermits Club. They call themselves Hermies. So, they were Hermie Owlettes. Some like Cami are on all three, So, they were Hermie Hoolie Owlettes. :)

I started a thread, the link is in the topic box. It's a place to put pics and funny stuff. Thought last week it'd be lovely to post things there that had meaning to BCO'ers, that were to weak to post, but might enjoy funny visuals.

link to warm and fuzzy owls,kitten,dogs,goats,and other things

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/102/topic/...

So, you are a Hoolie Owlette :)

Maddy, thanks for the tool bar lesson. LOL.

Tang -how are you doing? Blondie?

Teka ---oh thank you , thank you....... I have so many housekeeping threads.....trying to transfer things to W&F was a chore. A housekeeping thread is like Constipation, 2D6, Port placement, Wound care. Sometimes I don't even make it here b/c of the housekeeping threads. So, bless you. Once it has more on it, I will spam the link to some threads where it may help.

Getting worried about Littlegoats?

• Holeinone

yes where is our Texas Tea?

Chevester, time for a double chocolate coke...

• sas-schatzi

Checked LMG's posted just hasn't been here in awhile. So let's pester her with some PM's

• Chevyboy

Yes, I'm with THAT idea GGH!  Ha!  I have to finish my  Sweetened Iced Coffee, Grande' first....  THEN my chocolate coke!  I almost forgot about THAT!  xoxoo

• 2nd_time_around

Hi1, thanks, I found it.

Smaarty, the weather was warmer today, perfect for D-land

Do you think we scared away LMG?

Sassy, how does it feel to have a working bathroom now?

Anyone having/had a fun afternoon?

• Chevyboy

Yes!  I'm having a delightful afternoon!   It's just so fun listening to whining, and woe is me stuff...    I have to get over this, and just get used to it.... maybe. 

If I whined this much with a damn broken hip, inCLUDING a rod, screws and bolts, I would have  not blamed a soul for shooting me....Ha!    Well, it could be WORSE, if he had a cold also.... right? 

• Holeinone

well, I am supposed to be at a birthday party for a good friend turning 70. We used to float rivers with he & his family, when we were young. DH likes to be late for EVERYTHING. He just called as I was typing, at work, he will  meet me there. 

Then at 6:00 going to my Sunday walking friends home for dinner. So, I will eat & drink my way through Sat. Afternoon & evening. 

BBL....

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

I went to a screening of Rio II, a sequel to the movie Rio. Vamola (the band DH plans with) was hired to play while the movie was waiting to start. It was as good as the first Rio. I highly recommend it to anyone with children (or who likes cartoon movies). I'm discovering I really like cartoon movies aimed at children because they're not as violent as the ones for grownups. 

• Chevyboy

Bad Girl Art!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

hi all, sorry been MIA, crazy busy and not on BCO all week.  I'm 11 pages behind so not even going to try to catch up.  Did notice the new avatar sassy and love the Cheshire Cat!  Chevy, LOL to that cartoon OMG so true!  BB 2nite so CUL.   ♥♥ 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Again all the things happening--Oh Chevy what a mess u have on u'r hands--I would however suggest if u use an iron skillet, put a big plastic tarp down in case things get out of hand, then of course it is easier to wrap and get rid of and less mess that way. Could it be celulitus (sp and maybe wrong word) but that goes to the top and hurts like hell, but I would think the Dr. would know that? But u'r right tho when they are that stubborn what can u do? Well honestly if it is worse u have to call for the meds and let him be mad really. But I worry about u too, cuz u'r in no shape to be a caregiver now, not yet.

Music I hope u come back, but like Ss said u'll be curious as to what suits u best.

OK I'll watch the cartoon movies if I have to, but they are not for me. U all know I'm a scary and violent movie buff--But not sex, maybe I'm jealous about the sex part???

Shell it's good to see u here, I always like to see u and I forget where u live til I see it then I'm Sick cuz u'r weather is always good.

• Nettie1964
    Nettie1964 Member Posts: 627

I'm also way behind...having a busy weekend....have company..so I don't have time to catch up. Got. NO sleep at all last night, long story...nothing to do with sickness or the company. May whine about it when I have more time. 

Chevy, hope DH gets better soon,  a sick hubby can be the death of me. Mine is also a whiner.  

Later ladies.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Doesn't somebody here have chickens?

• sas-schatzi

Good lord only 5 posts since my last...whooohoot , I'm not behind. 6 hours. LOL

Chevy totally love the cartoon. That is my body in a bathing suit since thyroid failure or cancer. Which I kept saying to all docs for a Year-- weight gain, hair falling out, nails lifting and changing, skin changes, fatigue, depression, WHAT else----oh the bathroom wasn't fixed and I couldn't make decisions

Only PHilly's and Spookie's visit got a change--------

Also, started watching old funny sitcoms versus old csi and criminald minds. Love --Everybody Loves Raymond. Laughing more now then when I ever watched it before. Still catching too much Law and order's---------Ya'll refer to shows I'm unfamilar with, but doesn't surprise me. Missed Mork and Mindy. Worked on Thursday nights.

Trivial pursuit---the gal______---in Mork and Mindy is married to Mark Harmon. Long happy marriage. Except he sought custody of Ricky Nelson's kids cuz ________mom was on drugs. Forget the relationship. But Mark Harmon/ Gibbs----what a great guy.and so his his wife. Wonder how the kids turned out.

Ziggy, wondering where you were so looked, found that one gal that you posted on......sorry if that seems strange........but her doc was not right.  Waiting for your translations on everything  Particulary, 2D6 thread. I work hard on that one to be straight and right. When I write there, I have Voracious Reader and you, in my head. VR before you. Now you are there too. So, do me the courtesy dear sweet one, to read it. Trying to change the world. Having you and VR in my head is helping. It's like having MOM in your head----Did that make sense? Was it succinct? Did it raise awareness and curiosity? Is the writing good? Here I can be sloppy and write Ho and Oh backwards, and you can translate. 2D6 is NOT a social thread. Seriously, I'm out to change the world.

I have changed the world before. It's so cool. No credit, but it happened.  That's why I know I can do it again. But help is considered very highly. So, if you buy into changing the world with no credit, no recognition, or remembrance LOL I'm the person to join up with :)

• sas-schatzi

Ziggy, if you want to know how I changed the world-----we can talk on the phone. I was part of a group nation wide that all had input, and their ideas. Brought together, we did it. So, it can be done. It was EMS. The core group was less than 20. Isn't that fun.

• 2nd_time_around

Sassy, Pam Dawber? (and, no, I didn't look it up, that's the sad part)

• sas-schatzi

Ziggy, I should clarify, I was credited in the first and second editions. Then I was palgarised to a related topic. That palgarism has likely  been added to all other teaching manuals. Just haven't followed the trail.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Cami, My BIL would love your movies. SIL won't watch the "splatter" movies. He teaches film. Maybe I avoid them because they destroy my delusion that nothing bad will ever happen.

• sas-schatzi

Maddy, Why apologize----she is a wonderful person----and Mark Harmon is a wonderful person They sought guardianship of Christine's Harmon's - and Ricky Nelson's kids after /or before he was killed in the plane crash. She was on drugs---they wouldn't have done it, if they didn't perceive the kids weren't in troubled environment.  No idea how it all turned out

Dawber and Harmon have had a wonderful long marriage--- YAY.

• sas-schatzi

Used to be the trivial pursiet Queen. Now the space line is very valuable, :)

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

My first job tomorrow is searching the rubbish bin for one of my gold earrings !!!!!! Any one want to help?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

My first job tomorrow is searching the rubbish bin for one of my gold earrings !!!!!! Any one want to help?