INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Must go and look in the freezer. Have been busy making cake for our wedding watching party.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

yes yes yes never chocolate wine again---------this is the 2ndlast shuttle, huge deal

• sas-schatzi

Val what country are you in?

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187

Alyson I wish I could join you the wedding parties should be fun. The shuttle parties are probably fun too Sas. Lets face it i just want to be somewhere partying! LOL

• valgal

OK Sas you made me laugh out loud this time I'm in the USA, Illinois by Chicago. But I could be an alien. My Mom was from England. My Dad was Irish. Barbed wire right through the house to keep them apart lol.

• sas-schatzi

The area municipalities brought in the state authorities because the last shuttle lauch brought in about 300,000. They have port a potties. things are cordone off. It's never been this bad. I could have probably sold spacein my yard

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Looks like dinner with be pasta with prawns. I will make it up as I prepare it.

• valgal

I guess it sounded like I was from another country not knowing about the shuttle LOL

• valgal

OK I think I'm tired enough to sign off. Dinner sounds great, have a good night all!

• sas-schatzi

Okay I get it , we are definitely more sensitive here to a launch. Once it goes up you're praying -----Please let it go okay. It always spectacular.

• valgal

I'd love to see one Sas. It's really a shame that the program isn't going to be funded. Now I remember the lady polititian who got shot- her husband is going up right? Let's all pray for a safe mission. Good night ! Your Pal Val

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Must be something in the Chicago air. I'm up too. My shingles are burning a bit.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502

Greetings, night owls!

Judith

• sas-schatzi

Hey judith I posted on quite a few sites to do nothing with the spams until ya'll let us know. so ya'll let us know where to send them.

• sas-schatzi

Lago, try and ice pack over the top off the burning area for a few minutes then remove. If it helps keep doing it, if it doesn't don't. -----If it helps ---------10 minutes on 20 minutes off. Otherwise you could create a frostbite type burn.  Put a layer of cloth like a towel between you and the ice pack-it's protective.

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

The hats are terrific!

Ginger

• sas-schatzi

Ginger the hats are On OMG-------but i agree they are fun--------, but honey if you are seeing hats here you are hallucinating. Go to bed, enjoy the hallucination, and go to sleep.

• sas-schatzi

it 5;22 am ===scotch and soda ,_mud in your eye , baby do I feel high, oh me oh my, do I feel high, So what are the rest of the lyrics? Found them --------nice memory-------Bed time or law and order-------------I'm off-------------gooood morning vietnam

• sas-schatzi

well insomnia has one thing going for it ---The weddiing is on right now-live---She is gorgeously simple

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Stunning

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

Hi everyone, so tired yesterday from my escapes of no bra, I slept well last night! Talk to you all later.

• sas-schatzi

Chabba you caught it too!!!!!. The bitch that was to describe her dress was left without words.....

She couldn't handle the beautiful simplicity of her veil, tiara, and dress. Kate was Beautiful-------no aires, no pretentiousness---just her as she usually is. So, nice.......... 

• sas-schatzi

Well it 12 :25 pm -----not sure when I last slept, but went to a tea party and church then out to dinner. I don't even want to take my Bp I can tell it's at least very high. And I'm here with you Judith and the chickens.

Lets give a review of the royal wedding. Kate was stunning. The *b* that was suppose to review her dress looked like she was shaken to her bones and her skin fell off--------she made no bones about how negatively she felt about it.----------bet it's her last job as a reviewer. The gorgeous simplicity of her dress and that of her sister and her moms.-------so tasteful. No pretentiousness. So refreshing. IT's the only night I truly enjoyed my insomnia. I did fall asleep as they were entering the palace so the talked about kiss I didn't see.

The Abbey was/is an architectural masterpiece.  How they placed the cameras without damaging anything is beyond me. I hope they had enough sense to leave them in place. I would also like to know if this is a first. AND if it is a first, can you imagine how all the angles and joinings will be studied by future architects. The wonder that this was created when_________?  By who, with what training?  Masterful. The shots from all angles were like a dream creation. Yet there for hundreds of years? I think the world will look at the Abbey quite differently because of this presentation.  Can you imagine all such works of art which this showing of the Abbey has most pointedly has done--------------if other structures  were illuminated in the same way with shots of similar thought. It could lead to many architecual blendings. I wonder what IM Pie or Breur or Wright would think. Its one thing to see it from below, but to see it from all the angles that we saw---------I would believe even the original architects would melt at what they created given the views we were.

The wedding--------to be able to actually here all that was said----------I don't remember that with Diana's and the other guy. Okay truly forget is name ------was initially going to do it out of disdain for him-----but can't think of it.

Now if Endeavor had been able to launch , what a historic day it would have been.

William and Katherine -------to a long and happy marriage, blessed by as many children as they wish.

The choir and accompanying music------oh my , all levels of sound beautifully mixed.

ANd then there was the horse that got away-----through his rider and went back to the barracks. The question there is had he been on that route before? If not how did he find his way home?

• vivirasselena
    vivirasselena Member Posts: 51

Hi everyone.......I'm new here....just finished my final round of chemo last Thursday.8 cycles total...and am scheduled for a double mastectomy May 9th.  In October of 2010, I lost my beloved little brother to a brain tumor after 19 months of fighting THAT, I got diagnosed with stage 2 BC less than two weeks later.  Yeah. My wonderful family has been through the worst of times these past two years.  So I'm a little nervous about my surgery, but I'm glad there's a place to talk at 1:30am, EST.

mpt

• sas-schatzi

hey ViV are you there

• sas-schatzi

There's a problem with posting here.-----once you post it effectively kicks you out so if you have added it to your favorite places>>>>>>>>>go back hit insom's again and it will bring you back.

• sas-schatzi

There's not many people here in the middle of the night we kind of wander through as we wake up. I'm on an insomnia bender so have been up since sometime yesterday.

SO. sorry about your brother, and then you get hit.----------it sucks.

Please use all of BCO to help you through this. The teaching sites outside the discussion boards are the best . There are many threads that will help you get throught this. You just have to look and see what helps you. You may hear the term lurking. Please don't be offended. We have lots of made up words with our own definitions. Something that may help, is to go to forums and read the introductory forum stuff. Then lurk------you read threads ----if a thread is something that you feel comfortable posting on jump in , tell them your new, and go from there. There are threads that are very technical like pre and post surgical to absolutely outrageous humor, that only someone on this side of the word of cancer can understand.

You are entering a phase of you life that you never wanted to go through, none of us have. But you will find support here. You can PM ----private message me if you need guidance through the maze. At A given point you will figuire out where you want to be and who you want to talk with. I'll close now in case you are waiting for a response. I will also C&P this to a PM to you in case you couldn't figuire out how to get back here

Good luck with your surgery, I'm a bmx too. Actually many of us are. You will have lots of resources. Don't forget to read all the stuff on the main board....... SAS

• shelby-1966
    shelby-1966 Member Posts: 4

Hi Everyone!  It's nice to know there is a place for me to go to if I can't sleep and stay up until all wee crazy hours of the morning!  Smile 

I'm new to this site as well.

• sas-schatzi

WELCOME PINK ROSE

• Wreni
    Wreni Member Posts: 13

Hi fellow insomniacs.  I want to post some good news.  I just got results from a PET scan this past Tuesday.  The bone mets to my sternum for which I received radiation, 14 months Zometa infusions, and switching Arimadex to Tamoxafen, those ugly bone mets are gone and my scan is CLEAN!

YAY ME!

Cool

~w