INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Lcharmie
    Lcharmie Member Posts: 156

This is a neat thread---I read in the newspaper from  a man who had Ca, and he said," the world came alive at nite for Ca patients, and sorry to say, I have found this to be true in my years on this journey, I mean I really have to wear myself out to be able to sleep at a reasonable time, and yes I have had my nites, the harder to get to sleep the more I fret about it.  My Dr did give me Ativan and it helps, however I try to take less of it as possible. 

May not visit every nite, but will drop in sometime again soon.

Take care.

Linda C.

• Valgal, younger than what?...springtime? like in the song.  I think everyone looks younger if they smile. 

I am baking my cookies now before going to work.  Since I am off tomorrow ( for chemo so not as good as it sounds), I will ck in late tonight and see who all is around.  Have a good day everyone. 

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187

Hi Marybe... Funny you should mention that song... I used to sing the low part and freak out my friends (I had a big range when I was young). Maybe it is your big smile! Where do you get the energy to bake before work? I just noticed you had 19 nodes taken out. Do you have any LE? You're my hero to be making cookies.

Hi Linda and Katfinn and any new kids. I'm usually on later but no one is ever around so here I am anyone around?

Chrissy who is the beautiful child in your avatar?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Val, that beautiful child is my adorable niece.  She is the daughter of my youngest brother who was a very late bloomer and his lovely wife who comes from Atlanta, Georgia.   Can't tell I adore her can you?

• valgal
    Niece's are the best - I love shopping for mine but they're grown up now.Frown She's adorable. It's the one regret I have in life that I never had a child, I could of had a child (nothing physically wrong)  - if I did it solo - but I didn't have the nerve. Never met the right partner. So I indulge my nieces and nephews.
  • Chrissy,  I keep finding out new things about you all the time....a SIL from Atlanta?....an antique shop! How is DD doing?

Valgal,  My energy comes in spurts....the cookies I was baking were Springerlies and you cut them out and then they sit overnight so the imprint stamped on them will stay....all I had to do this morning was pop them into the oven to bake because all the work had been done the night before.  I fell asleep watching Nurse Jackie tonight, woke up and it was another show....it really irritates me when I fall asleep and it was something I wanted to see.  I do not have lymphedema, but I have had a little swelling at times if I overdo it....always try to wear my sleeve if I am digging in the yard or flying or anything that might stir things up.  I said something about this once before and was told you can't have a little bit of lymphedema, it's like being pregnant, either you are, or you aren't.  All I can say is the little bit of swelling I have had it not painful or noticeable so I am staying No, I don't have it.  My PS did a lousy job where the nodes were removed and I have this little pouch like thing under my armpit so maybe that is where all my swelling goes.  Aren't they now debating the need to even remove nodes? All of mine were negative and I ended up Stage lV so guess mine were not too reliable. 

• valgal

Hi Marybe! Sounds like your surgeon needed some sewing lessons. Mine did a great job- just the really big sentinel - but I don't know if I believe this once you have it it's forever stuff... maybe you can come close to eliminating it. I'm going to the head of LANA on Monday I'll tell you what I find out. Did you get a sleeve from the very beginning? My surgery was in July 2010 and they didn't tell me squat about LE and no sleeve (at Loyola Hospital in IL).

• chrissyb

Val, it looks like my DD2 (Mareike) will be like you, she is still single at 38 although recently with a partner, but I doubt that she will have children but she does indulge her nephews.

Marybe, I'm full of surprises......lol.  Mareike is well on the way to recovery and if she does what she's been told, her healing should go well.  The best thing is that she has already gotten rid of the excrutiating pain in her leg. 

• valgal

Looks like an early night for me. Its actually supposed to be sunny tomorrow so I'm going to turn in. Hi Sas (for later) miss ya, and goodnight Chrissy and everyone else!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hey girls, im on, for awhile.. you'll find me here, or the older w/more sense site... Chrissy, so glad to have you back in "my timezone" i've been resting in bed, but not sleeping. almost done reading the entire series i bought of Nalina Singh...

hope all is well with DH after the funeral.

any of you in tx, praying all goes well. Marybe; i have been thinking about you non stop; hoping the Halven will be good for you; and work with those tumour markers!!!Valgal, great to see you...    3jays

• valgal

I'm still here!

• valgal

Does everybody just wait till I go to bed to start posting? TEHE.

• chrissyb

Sorry Val, just been chatting to DH, he has just arrived home, so, I'm here!...lol

• valgal

Hi I'm just about ready to go off now, nice to hear from you again and have a wonderful evening.

• chrissyb

Thanks!   Sleep well!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Valgal-you got that right tryed bed and here I am now----------and everyones gone. Haven't heard from Judith lately--------------HEY JUDITH HELLO

MARYBE hope recovery going well for eyes and legs. By the way when I said something here about the cardiologist. The standard of practice is the cardiologist is always consulted when anticoagulants are used. 

Chrissy_________--your niece is beautiful , glad someone asked because i was meaning to ,but kept forgetting.

3Jays--------has there been any connection between ms and ra with chemo? It seems in passing through threads that so many people talk about either new onset or worsening? Hope your pain is better.

Hi new people--------sssometimes were here sometimes were not-----------we're always hoping for sleep.

• valgal

Hi Sas, I've been having some fun on the depression thread, some topic about ta tas got me going. Check it out if you're bored- its only 2 pages. I'm gonna go to bed so I can enjoy the sun tomorrow -finally here in IL. See you soon!!

• chrissyb

Hi Sas, how you doing tonight?  I'm popping in and out as I've got some small chores to complete before dinner.  Thanks for the compliment re niece but I really had nothing to do with it....lol.....that was my brother and SIL's doing....lol

• sas-schatzi

We are having a CELEBRATION ======ON OMG THEY FOUND A CURE FOR STUPIP-====we have reached a hundred pages of nonsense,

Val I love the line"we been having some fun on the depression thread======OMG is on the depression thread too. 

Someone must have spiked our asparagus, But I won't I tell them until the parties over---what the heck----------people are dancing and singing and making new hats>>tin of course,

• chrissyb

I'll have to check it out!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sas wanted fireworks so she got fireworks on OMG

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Had dinner and now have to go to a meeting. Will look in later and see if anyone is chatting to the chicks.

• sas-schatzi

You are great gals-----------did you get to see all the other party stuff. I think it will go on for days !

• chrissyb

It sure looked like a whole lot of fun Sas!   Love the tin foil hats!

• Angelice
    Angelice Member Posts: 1,116

hi chrissy we must be only 2 awake :)

• chrissyb

Looks like it, but it's early here only 5.00pm.....lol.  How you travelling Angelice?

• Angelice

good ty and yourself? im also in Australia :)

• chrissyb

I'm doing just fine at the moment ty.  Where in Aus?  I'm in SA

• Angelice

Oh kool my in laws are from there ,and there on there way here tonight , im from Melbourne

• chrissyb

I lived there for six years just after I was married waaaay back in the late sixties early seventies..........oooops.....showing my age now.....lol.   Great place!

edited for spelling, I said loved instead of lived....but I did both....lol