INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

PKRif you read my note to VIV then you know there aren't many of us up in the middle of the night. I'm on and insomniac bender. -----YOU may post then can't come right back........add as favorite..........go to home page........................hit onsomnia again and back you come ........there's a glitch in the system. I'm here -----until i'm not here. I'm going to Pm this to you after I post it .in case your not still here. You never know who may show up.

• sas-schatzi

WREni------------wow---out to dinner and champagne time . be back in a minute or two Have to PM last message to pink rose

• sas-schatzi

WREni are you there---------------you must be on top of the world right now

• Wreni
    Wreni Member Posts: 13

I am positivly sailing.  This means I can start contributing to my 403b savings plan again.  Also I should probably stop my newly aquired habit of being a perfumista with an addiction for French fragrances and the instant gratification that High Perfumery can bring ;-)

• sas-schatzi

okay going back to work , like perfume, monetarily solvent--------------and really like nice smells

• sas-schatzi

WRENI--Things here don't move as fast as the chat rooms we arn't as proficient at typing as they are. were you mets because of the sternum thing?

• Wreni

Hi Vivi and Pink Rose if you are still around.  Forgive my egocentric posts.  I am in happy-land and had to share.  Please write and tell more about yourselves, where you are in treatment, what makes you happy, what makes you sad.  What you fear and what you dread.  What you are looking forward to.

• sas-schatzi

there you are------------There is a glitch in the system so they may have trouble getting back here sas

• sas-schatzi

with news like you just have there is no egocentric  thoughts just elation that we all share with you

• Wreni

Hey Sas, I was clean for 5 years after initial chemo and bilat mast, then broke 4 ribs and a metastatic leision was identified on my sternum.  After 14 months of treatment it has resolved.  My PET scan was clean.

• sas-schatzi

Wow------------kind of like me I was going for an elective and after clean mammo -.......>>>>MRI findsBC>>>then all hell broke loose>>>>>>>>but if you hadn't broken those ribs what did they predict your outcome to be?

• sas-schatzi

WRENI what kind of tx?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi you night birds. Just popping in to say high. Tired tonight. Friday night it was Royal wedding watch, last night a House concert to raise money for young friend going to Italy to study opera, DD was singing - she is an opera singer. Then today church and to friends for a get together celebrating their son's sort of engagement - well they have a date for the wedding but no engagement ring as yet. He was home from Vancouver with his lovely young lady. and then we popped in on MiL.

• sas-schatzi

Hey judith--------system isn't working again-----I'm getting dizzy sending instructions to newbies on how to get back here Namaste sheila

• Wreni

Schatzi,  When I was diagnosed initially, I had a modified radical mastectomy on the right, and a prophylatic mastectomy on the left.  After 6 weeks recovery I started chemo with Cytoxen, Adryiamycin and Taxol.  Maintained on Arimidex.  Five years later I fell over an open suitcase in a hotel room when I got up in the middle of the night to sush my barking dog.  In my trauma work up it was discovered not only that I had 4 fractured ribs but that I had an ugly leision on my sternum as well.  It looked like a moth had gotten in there and had a picnic.  I had radiation to that area and started on monthly Zometa and the Arimidex was changed to Tamoxafen.  There you have it.  Tada!

• sas-schatzi

Alyson -hi sounds like a spectactular weekend. Mine has been too, but can't remember the last time I slept?

• sas-schatzi

Wreni It sounds like that trip and fall saved your life?

• Wreni

Exactly.  More to the point, my dog saved my life.  And so what if I fractured 4 ribs, it saved my life.

• sas-schatzi

WReni -------why did they change ARIMIDEX to Tamox?

• sas-schatzi

Serindipity-----------is a beautiful thing

• sas-schatzi

Hey jude where are you----haven't heard from you---------you catching zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

• sas-schatzi

All gone just me and the chickens again-------------Bagwapppkk

• Wreni

Schatzi, When I had the bone met the Onc said I failed Arimidex and switched me to Tamoxafen.

• sas-schatzi

Judith-----------trouble in river city, it's just too complicated to get here. 3 newbies tonite . I don't mind staying here , but would like to play else where vs talking to the chickens. Especially since I have no idea when I last slept---------this is sun  welll I know I slept after they went back to the castle after the wedding , I don't remember sleeping after that. KIND of freaky

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hi gals.. ive been trying to rest... my sleep shed is all mucked up... i'll ck in and out for awhile. just took my insulinn, and hope it'll get me to rest.. very high tonite. the virus apparently hasn't passed, cause i was "good" all weekend..

welcome to all the new ladies, we may get a good group going yet! we just never know who will get lucky, and sleep, at any given night. Judith, our moderator, stops in and checks with us from time to time, as well.

Wreni: i am so happy to hear your news.. i just went through a scare of sternum pain; luckily, no mets.. BS and PS denied they used "spreaders" on me to get ALL brest tissue.. but they fessed up , when i turned up NED with 3rd PET.. so, im still dancing in the storm.. i gues your considered NERD now.. stables wonderful,  isn't it?

Reoccurences are always in the back of our minds. but i try not to let it contol my life, or reactions to it.its' the biggest fear i have. i suffer from anxiety in the extreme, anyway, and have many other health problems to live with, besides bc. the one that affects me daily is Multiple Sclerosis. ive had 20 yrs of wondering what will today bring? so, everything gets easier with time, i suppose.

the greatest happiness in my life are 2 of my 3 Grandkids, who i see every week, at my insistance. the biggest pain i have in my life is their father, who HATES to deal with my health  issues.

been married to a wonderful man ( this time ) 20 years.. but he's kinda a fragile kind, so i go it alone alot...

im two years out of BMX in April, and 2 yrs out of tx. (chemo) in Nov... thats' my story, and im stickin to it!!!      3jaysmom

• Wreni

Nice playing here.  Now time for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Namaste

~w

• sas-schatzi

3 jays it's sheila---my head is spinning because of the trouble getting here stick around a bit . there are three newbies that need guidance

• sas-schatzi

By Wreni

• sas-schatzi

3 Jays  you there?

• sas-schatzi

Okay i'm gone to--------sas