INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Angelice
    Angelice Member Posts: 1,116

lol ,, it is nice here ,, SA is nice for a holiday when we go, very small quiet though

• Angelice
    Angelice Member Posts: 1,116

ok there here better be good host lol .. chat soon

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

I live in country SA now, moved away from the city three years ago.....I miss the convenience but lifestyle where I live now is very laid back so really enjoy the relaxation and I look forward to it each time I go to the city for treatment or see a doc.  My problem now is I seem to be spending more and more time there than home........one good thing though, I get to see lots of my GS's.

Gotta go make some dinner, I'll check in later and see if you are still around.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chrissyb--JV just informed us the Kentucky Derby is running , A female jockey is riding Pants On Fire, Nascar has a race sat night , and Mother cluckers day is Sun------------Big weekend

• KY Derby is on Sat, right?  I am sure it will be a mess with all the rain they have been having in KY as well as OH.  I got my new chemo today and the full dose of steroids so I have a feeling I may be popping in here to see how you are all doing this evening.  Oh SAS, My INR is now up to 2.4 so that is good.  See you all later.  

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

ooo the Derby with mudders!!! How fun, or do they have an artifical track?  Didn't they flood something awful at the track a few years ago?

• It's a real dirt track so far as I know and I understand the real partying goes on where they have the field seats. I don't like mint juleps, but have always thought it would be fun to go to the Derby. 

• sagina

Well it would be the perfect time of the year for me to WEAR A HAT!!!! lol.  I still look like a chia pet

• sas-schatzi

Marybe glad your back to range , I'm sure you feel safer

Got to go to the DErby one time in 1972---in the infield, wild party. we were all 20+ --, great party

• sagina

Sas, wasn't everything wild in our 20's?  I was so colorful then, I think I'm just beige now!

• chrissyb

Wow girls, your weekend sounds full on!!!  Kentucky Derby is a race even Aussies have heard of and Nascars as well.  We also are celebrating Mother's Day on Sunday so I will be once again in the city with my girls.........as I said, I seem to spend more time there than here.

• sas-schatzi

Sagina---------i'M going to Pm you

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy---there was a show on called ONLY IN AMERICA-----it's hosted by Larry the cable guy. He's this good old boy redneck comedian. This story may take a bit to follow ,but I thought it was fasinating how it ended up......... It started with moonshiners in a certain town in Georgia, back along time ago. In the 20'Prohibition it became illegal to make and transport ,and drink liquor. So, off in the back woods Larry goes to one of the oldest stills in america let alone Georgia. They teach him how to make moonshine. He then has to walkwhat he can carry out of the woods. He then meets the next guy who has THE car. This fellas granddad or dad ran moonshine to Atlanta by all the back roads. He showed how they suped up the cars -so they'd outrun the law. The granddad/dad was really famous in racing circles.

Next stop was a shop where the owners daddy ran shine and the owner nowhas become one of the most sought after mechanics around. He and his dad also got into racing as a past time

Then what they would do in the off time is they get together and race as men and boys will do.The bigger races were held near Atlanta. Ultimately , from these moonshiners formed Nascar a mutibillion dollar business. All because of moonshine. It stuff like this you don't seein textbooks, but was a big part of history.       And Larry has lots of laughs along the way.

• Hi Ladies,  Just passing through....the premed steroids must not be as bad this time or I was really tired....fell asleep reading before midnight.  Am up now because I got this weird shooting tingling going up from my foot...thought what the heck and then remembered, ah, today was chemo.  So the dog and I just got back from taking a little walk....he loves our little late night jaunts. 

I used to have a friend who bought moonshine in KY.  Remember the guy with the still on Andy Griffith?...and the sisters who made the "recipe" on Walton's Mountain.....am probably really dating myself with these tv shows. 

• chrissyb

Marybe, we loooove Larry the Cable guy and his three red-neck pals.  We have watch some of there shows on the Comedy Channel on Fox...............we really laugh ourselves silly!

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy----Larry has his own show now--------ONLY In AMERICA--------it's on the history channel. He does really on things . One show he went to the EMILY POST family estate and the talked etiquette. What a hoot. Hope you can catch it. Here I think it's on Tues nights sas

• chrissyb

Thanks Sas, it hasn't arrived on our shores yet but I'll keep an eye out for it.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Should have come on here this morning before 4am and 6:45 am when I fell asleep.....kept thinking "any moment now I will fall asleep...." NOPE!!! my cat did though...so I suppose that was a good thing

• hymil
    hymil Member Posts: 177

Hi ladies im not sure what time it is where you are and I didn't read all 53 pages just the first and last.

its about 1am where I am and I should be trying for sleep soon....My offering to us of the two fingers hunt and peck club is this, to have two windows open and alternate them: One is obviously this thread, the other is an online  learn-to-type window, you can't do it full time but five minutes of that then a reward break to come back here and read what other poeple are up to, works well and soon you could be coaxing those unskilled little pinkies into action! I have been trying to learn since march, and while I'm no match yet for a career typist, I at least know where the letters are now, it really does work

so here is a suggestion for the other window. Start here www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing and work through the levels and when you mastered that, probs about two to three weeks, then you can progress to practise here: www.jonmiles.co.uk/games/fingerjig Interestingly I have tried the italian option and I dont speak italian, but it makes me think about the letters a different way when i see them than when i kno'w the word, I am slower but much more accurate.

ed for spelling the links!!

• chrissyb

Hi Hymil, I checked out your learn to type link and I just love the Scottish accent!  Looks like a great way to learn.

• sas-schatzi

Hymil -----------wtc

• sas-schatzi

hymil--- this is why we are on the discussuion thread vs the chat thread--------------have you ever gone there. They are lovely folks, but they can really type and move very fast. My brain was disabled from that--------no further discussion for me..

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187

Hi Marybe Chrissy and SAS and everyone else! We had a neighbor that brought moonshine up north here to Chicago too! My brothers got so crazy drinking it that my Mom hid it under the kitchen sink. Well she didn't even think about it but there was a radiator under there. It BLEW UP one night! And get this...by the time we ran downstairs to see what happened and figured it out it had completely EVAPORATED. LOL. We laughed about that for a long time. That's some strong stuff!

Hope everyone is fine.. going to turn in tonight cuz I'm gonna try to get up early again!!

• chrissyb

Val, that some crazy story!  I bet it gave you all a big shock when it blew....lol

• sas-schatzi

Hi Judith wish you would pop in like you used too

My fault that changed things --------------sorry-----------------I'm guessing all you  Mods had a meeting and it was determined ,you all are moderators and that no contact with the us directly is ----something---------what that something is I can only surmise, But I bet it was a heated discussion.            I've been here awhile it was so nice to say hello to a mod which happened to be Judith.  Then when we were having a problem, she kept us up to date on what was going on to correct the problem.. I  quoted her----------------god for bid----------------that's the last time we heard from her----------------or any  of you directly.......... So teach us or teach me, why are the mods separate from the populace?  Acknowledgement  by and ability to to talk to our Mods is a negative because?

Edit- my expectation is you all take this to a meeting and discuss this, and ellicit a response. Going to attempt C&P to send to Melisa(sic)

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187

Yes Chrissy - there was always something going on it that house 3 boys & 2 girls all about 2 years apart. Lots of partying and dancing and fun. Mom was from England she was a W.R.E.N. (Women's Royal Navy) those 2nd World War ladies knew how to party.

• chrissyb

Yes I've heard stories about the land army girls too.  I think being in the thick of things made them want to live every moment to the full and I can't say I blame them.   Your house sounds like mine, there were 3 boys and three girls and my two older brothers were clown so always laughter and something happening.  Good memories.

• sas-schatzi

Okay im here

• sas-schatzi

My aunt who lived through the Blitz -------said they wouldn't go below until they heard the dtop off the bomb----------because there were so many that didn't come near them---------they could tell?

• sas-schatzi

She was a teenager and they partied in the shelters. Thay had gotten so used to being bombed.