INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Oh well ---------------gone bye bye------------------

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187

Hey SAS, My Mom said they just quit going to the shelters cuz otherwise they were up all night and had to work in the morning. They just took their chances.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Some of the stories are hair raising. 

• valgal

Going down the block she used to yell after us "stomach in - shoulders back -and chin up" just to make us mad- she'd kill me about my posture now. Very dry sense of humor- very funny. She tried to stay away from the really bad stories, but you're right chrissy.

• chrissyb

I remember some of the stories that my granmother used to tell me about what went on here in Aus and belive me, not matter what we think is hard now it is nothing in comparison to then.  The deprivation of the depression and the war years were absolutely terrible.

• valgal

As I said before I'd love to see your country and have a few pints and listen to stories. I'm going to signoff soon nice talking to all!

• chrissyb

Night Val....sleep well!

• valgal

Good Night Chrissy and anyone else who is up.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy just read about your FIL so sorry for your loss.

• chrissyb

Thanks Sas.  Just read that Lisa (PauldingMom) has passed.  She will be missed.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

so sad, knew it was immenient with Lisa. it really saddens me, but am grateful it was easy..

have been missing you, chrissy... have you just been really busy? can't seem to "catch" you these days... 3jays

• Well, I just want to record this somewhere so I will remember it....I am one of these people who unless I write it down or it persists, I will forget it which is why I am not a very good one to ask about AIs and side effects....I say I did not have joint aches and pains, but that is because once they are gone I forget them, however later I did realize I probably was  having pain due to them and I had thought it was arthritis.  Something will happen to me and unless I write it down when I see the onco and he asks how everything is I say Oh, fine.  Well, tonight I am having aches all over the place....my little fingers, my shoulders, my legs, my artificial knee...you name it.  I think it is muscle.  So I woke up and am thinking maybe this is because I had a margarita and several cups of coffee at the wedding reception and I am dehydrated.....but wait, I also drank umpteen glasses of water because the waitress kept refilling my glass and when I am out  that is one good thing, I do get my water in.  So I do not think it is dehydration, but I am not sure what it is.  I had my lst halaven treatment on Wed. and so far not SEs, not even constipation really, but is this a SE?  It was not even listed under common or uncommon.  One good thing, it is the weekend and I can try to treat this myself if it persists....I have muscle relaxants, pain pills and Tylenol and will try them all one at at time and see if anything helps.  All, I know is It is bad.  Any suggestions?....I cannot go soak in a hot tub because I would never be able to get up and out of it. 

• chrissyb

3jays, I've been flat out but hopefully thi ngs will return to normal later this week.   Can you hang on a little longer?  Love you girl and I miss you too.

Marybe, things noted for later reminding....lol.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Just saying high as I checked the email. Had a quiet Mother's Day - we don't do big things for Mother's Day in our family but it was nice to have lunch with DD1 and then we went shopping.

Hope you are feeling better soon Marybe. Big gentle hugs coming your way.

• DREAM & REDEEM from American Express apps.facebook.com Check out my photo at the Memorable Miles photo contest from American Express. Vote for my entry and help me win 100,000 miles!  

To any of you ladies who are up tonight, could you vote for me.  I don't stand much of a chance I am sure, BUT if I were to win 100,000 miles I would be sure to go somewhere.   Thanks. 

• sas-schatzi

marybe-----I tried and couldn't get in---sorry. hope you win anyway

btw hope you don't mind added you and Chrissy to the Our lady of Fatima novena that starts on the 13th. I added as many names as my brain could remember, Angelbaby, The mods and BCO. Hope no one gets upset.

Been sleeping pretty good , ativan and me and going to bed between 10-12. Whassup now is me and I exhausted.I have no idead how anyone taking these drugs can work--------they wipe me out all the time.

• sas-schatzi

Well it's 5:00 am 

And I feel all done in 

A bit a beer and no gin.

Read some funny and not so funny

Came to the sleepless and it's only me

The chickens aren't up

Tired of talking with them

What do you do when your it

And your done in

At 5:00 am

• chrissyb

Sas, you talk to some one where the time is in the PM!........LOL

• sas-schatzi

ChrissyB LOL LOL your damn right. That's a classic.......Ahhhhhhhh may be we should have a thread for classics. They would have to be submitted and voted on. Then we make it into a book and the proceeds go to BCO. Now we need ten volunteers-------20----------30?

• chrissyb

Hahaha!  Sas what a tremendous idea!  I wonder who we could rope into collecting them......lol

• sas-schatzi

Chrissyb ---is that with the southlanders like you, but they turn up so infrequently. You could be here minutes to hours especially this time in the mornin---------if it's 5 am here what time is it there?

• chrissyb

Right now it's 8.00pm Sas.

• sas-schatzi

wELL WE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A MEETING. aLL THREADS WOULD HAVE TO BE NOTIFIED OF THE PROJECT. Then we would have to have a place on line for the submittals for everyone to review and vote

Have you ever seen the Darwin Awards they have such a site. I don't know how hard it would be to set that up internally. BUT there are an awful lot of creative people on all the threads.

• chrissyb

I hear you there!  Do you know someone in IT who could give us some free advice?

• sas-schatzi

*8pm , I was sane at 8pm, Then I got on for a few minutes before going to bed. My ativan is wasted. My Beer however is cold. And I supposed to go to a party at 4:30. Can I make it she says. Yes I can do this. OH, OH I hear the chickens or is it me talkin to the chickens

• sas-schatzi

Well Judith and melissa--------if we talked about making money for BCO. They might figuire something out.

• Sas.....MInd!   I am flattered that you would add me to the novena. Thank you for your prayers.

Thanks for trying to vote for me....think you have to have face book.  Hope springs eternal and I have not given up yet.

Treatment # 2 is today and I am also seeing cardiologist and will tell her all about the clot if they didn't send her reports.

• chrissyb

Now that sounds like a grand idea.  I have read some of the relaxing let the stress go threads on here and some of the girls have me just about to pee my pants with there humour.  Maybe if we just do a post on eacj thread to start and see what sort of reception the idea gets.  What think you...MMM?

• sas-schatzi

Of course there is the fallaway problem.  Interest may wane. BUT we could do it

We do a thread header stating what we wish to do, Then the vote thing if it can be done like Darwin Awards--------obviates any personal contact. A good one is put away until, the final talley of what need for a book or e book. then published as one unit and keep adding material and go on to do a 2nd e book Oh yes we must think of copyright with all rights reserved and all proceeds go to BCO

• shannonW
    shannonW Member Posts: 17

Terrible nights sleep! Got my LAST FILL for my TE's yesterday and I'm hurting! Right near  my top ribs! Ugh! I honestly didn't think I had any room to put in anymore saline but I was wrong! My exchange surgery is 5/27. Thanks goodness Wed is my normal day off from work. I know this too shall pass...but come on already:)!!!!!