INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Chrissy and Alyson,  I am going to try Skype again....maybe Sunday night?  Does that work for either of you?  

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Yup Marybe, works for me!

• chrissyb

Morning Hadley, I always consider Friday 13th as my lucky day.....but there again I'm a bit wierd and I've been called a witch before......hahahahaha!!!   Have a good one!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Today we start our novena To OUR LADY of FATIMA if anyone wants to join us

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412

hey all! just wanted to drop in and say hello!

i have actually been getting sleep lately! i think it's the celexa helping that out!

hope all is well with each one of you, and hopefully a good nights sleep is on your way!!

sleep tight and sweet dreams!-Angel

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sleep well, still ages till bedtime here.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849

Hi everyone, I've been in bed too, sleeping most of the time.  Hope everyone is well and sleeping good tonight!

• sas-schatzi

I just got done with a bout of insomnia about 36 hours wirth, but also had a computer virus, and couldn't access the internet.  Have seen or talked with most everyone. Have a lovely weekend and some nice sleep. Namaste sheila

• chrissyb

Hi Hadley.......I'm up!

• chrissyb

No probs Hadley.  It's rapidly becoming full winter here......the days are dark by a little after 5.00pm and the air has a decided chill.  We have already had a few white frost mornings which turn into glorious chilly clear days.  The open fire is now lit most nights and it makes the atmospere so cosy it's unbelievable.  Today was quite warm, but it heralded a storm front that passed a few hours ago so now the air smells of cool rain on warm earth.  The wind is still blowing although not a strong as earlier but strong enough to fan the earth and dry it out.  Wish you could visit I know you would enjoy it.

• sas-schatzi
    4 minutes ago sas-schatzi wrote:

I just declared an end of the world party on OMG if ya"ll want to pop by apparently we have to be done by six, cuz that's when the Rapture suppose to happen. But whom ever started this rapturing  nonsense , they didn't say whose 6pm. WE know the nz'ers aren't getting raptured because they already checked in. So. if you have any nonsense you want to bring our way come on over. Can't be sure of turn out, because it's Sat afternoon. But would love to have you drop by and offer up some nonsenses during this serious event. BYOB and Tin Hat.-------sas

SAS
  • gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Someone said yesterday they were going to cancel all their rad treatments because they wouldn't be needing them anymore Wink................I so wish that was true - but I know better...
  • sas-schatzi

Well, California checked in, they are still here. Guess the preacher who set the date will have to set a new date. Hope he doesn't cause anyone to do anything stupid like Jonestown.

Now we just have to wait for the Mayan perdiction of 2012. I suppose it will be like the Y2K thing of 2000. The media has to have something to hype.

• sas-schatzi

Good Sunday morning Hadley, I got a virus last week too. It was mimicking microsoft. It blocked my internet access until I got it straightened out. My Techie neighbor suggested several things. I then remembered I had something go wrong sometime ago and the instructions given by this real big tech guy------he has a column in a well known newspaper. I'll write down his instructions first and then the second thing that I did. This virus turned off my firewall and wiped out my virus checker AVG, as well as blocking internet access.

First----go to Start>Programs>Accessory>System tools>System restore. It will ask for a date. Pick a date several days before you had the problem. Then click on the botom right corner. The computer will do the rest, rhen it will tell you to restart> click on that.

After it reboots >Start>control panel> look for phrase on left side that says microsoft updates. It will take you to microsoft web site. Click on history of updates. I had not done an update since Jan. So, went through up dates on first the security things----there were 23 for me, first time through it would only allow 22, the 23 one was blocked. So then after the 22 were done and system rebooted,  went back and did the one,  and it worked. After reboot, went back through same process back to microsoft and asked for the custom stuff to be installed. The computer went through the same process.  So, far everything has been restored. AVG is back , firewall is on and obviously, I have internet access. 

If you have a techie friend run this by them. I was prepared to trash the system and get a new one. But I'll just have to wait and see.   I had not allowed any of the automatic updates b/c I had been told they could be hackers or a virus. What I know now is, I should have gone through the process through the control panel that I described above, if I wasn't going to allow automatic updates.

Good luck sas

• AnacortesGirl
    AnacortesGirl Member Posts: 119

Wish I'd known about this thread last night!  Mid-morning now but I'll be back.....  Just never know when the eyelids will become awnings.  Hanging over the eyes with little sticks that keep them from going closed.

• sas-schatzi

Anacorte------I must have just missed you this morning. The problem here is we are all attached to other sites. Sometimes in the middle of the night people wander between sites. If you read back my phrase for it is "Well it's me and the chickens again" . Sometimes I just talk to the chickens. You can only take so many Law and Order re-runs.

I started the thread because I was going through such a bad period of insomnia. It's better resolved now. But I have my moments. I come to the boards in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning. 

Check "Active topics" in the middle of the night and it will tell you where the action is.

So, you going through insomnia? what drug is causing it? What's kind of fun, is you can fantasize here. For example, talking to the chickens or whatever. Avoid political words that trigger the FBi, Nsa , and homeland security. Which I think I just did by saying it. That's why I choose to talk to the chickens.

Whar's GREAT about here , is you can meet some southlanders--------Australia, NewZealand, Auckland. b/c they are awake when we are asleep(Supposed to be asleep). But they are also traveling to their favorite threads and reading the days messages and catching up

For humor try OMG THEY FOUND A CURE FOR STUPID Start from page one ---it will amuse you It's Saturday Night Live  kind of humor. .....well going to check other threads.

Sometimes when I'm here and someone has just been here and gone I pm them and say come on back. But there are times I post and immediately try a sleep effort again, so, if you try that and they don't come back assume a sleep effort.     I wonder if anyone ever posed it that way '"A sleep effort"

What does anacorte mean-------I see you are from Anacorte wa-----is that it--------I'm just me and my dog.-------------Namaste sheila

• sagina

Hi SAS! shouting out from the 90 degree 9:45 pm weather  here! Hope sleep finds you tonight and you have beautiful dreams too!

• sas-schatzi

Sagina------hey sweetie hope all is well======sweet dreams Love ya -sheila

• sas-schatzi

well it's me and the chickens---------------Chrissy saw you on a thread talking about Stage 4. You were amazing. But that site was way depressing. It really took the joy out of life. What was great is you gave them many good thoughts. After reading the few pages , it was too much of a downer---had to leave it. Give you great accolades for your words. 

• chrissyb

Sas, I am stage IV so can talk about the thoughts that go through the head and the feeling they invoke.  Thanks for the compliment.

Love n hugs.  Chrissyb

• sas-schatzi

I haven't a clue if I'm stage 4 . They dx'd a brain tumor the same time as the breast bx. Actually was told over the phone by a nurse 20 minutes before leaving for the bx that we new was going to be positive. They wanted to bx it and it would have meant a full craniotomy. I said no as long as it doesn't bother me , I won't bother it. I have some neurologic symptoms, but they could be attributed to either drugs or spinal problems. On MRI it's remained stable, so I'll leave it be.

Oddly enough, if i mets to the bones, it would be so far gone before it was recognized by the yearly PET scan because of all the bone pain from the AI's.

Totally love your new stove-----it's a dream machine.  What fun you will have. Oh I so wish I could sit at your table for the feasts and pastries.  L&H&P sheila

• chrissyb

Oh my Sas, that would have been a double whammy blow at Dx for you.  I am really happy for you that it's not giving you too many problems.  I guess if it did you would then have the bx.  ((((((hugs))))).

I'm sitting in my kitchen just looking at the gapping hole in the cupboards where, later today, that stove will just slide into and imagining it already there.....lol.   If I could jump, I'd be jumping for joy!!!!!!   Strange how something so really insignificant can make us just so happy!!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy, only a cook could understand your joy. The right unit for all the cooking you like to do. Heaven.------------ Thanks for the hugs your right re: the Bx.

Have fun and fun and fun etc.L&H sheila

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502

Greetings, late-night ladies!

Judith

• chrissyb

Hi Judith and how has your day been?   Hope it was all good.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Is anyone up?    My shoulder woke me up so I am just tooling around the threads.

Love your stove, Chrissy.  Think I will be saying that for many days on many threads. 

• KarieB
    KarieB Member Posts: 6

I'm up!!  I'm new here but not to prowling in the middle of night.  My back usually wakes me up.  This is a fantastic idea!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Just checking in afterplaying cards with DB and SiL. It was great fun. . Looks like everyone has gone off to sleep.

• Well, guess I went back to bed too early.  Karie, my cousins live in JeffCIty....I like that town, especially that dairy where you can get the wonderful icecream.  My cousin's wife who used to teach is now the first lady's right hand gal.....goes to all the luncheons and meeting with her, even the inaugaration in DC, and bakes birthday cakes for the lst dog, Boone.  My cousin works at Stephen's college and commutes and all the kids are now either on their own or in college.  The rest of the cousins live in other parts of the state, St.Louis and Springfield.   I will check back in here tonight providing I don't feel like crap after my neulasta injection today.   Alyson!...nice seeing you and not the bird. 

• sagina

hi night owls...been home for 4 days straight starting to feel better....hope all is well.