INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• salkate
    salkate Member Posts: 8

I will make sure to tell them , thank you for the suggestion.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

HI chrissy---------not insomnia just up

Emmaline/ salk--------they can give you something in the holding area/ pre-op, That will relax you. Just like Chrissy said ask to talk to the anestesiologist in preop and tell them the same thing that you have said here. Tell them you don't want to remember a thing ---it causes you to be very frightened. That should work.

Chrissy --------have gotten so used to being up late--------it's now a problem of wanting to not to sleep. --------------Do you all get "Ken Steakhouse" salad dressing's. Publix's which is the local grocery in a huge region has copied them. But "Ken" are superlative. "Raspberry/walnut/vinagarette is my favorite. -----If you don't, I have a great recipe from a restaurant cookbook from North Carolina

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Shiela, we don't get that brand or dressing here but I would love the recipe!  I have the same problem about not wanting to sleep so I take melatonin and within twenty mins I'm nodding in my chair so I waddle off to bed and sweet repose.....lol

• sas-schatzi

I'll have to see about any drug interactions-------------and then I will get it prefer to take it vs ativan since I'm back on pain meds for aromasin induced fibromyalgia and joint pain---------be back with the recipe-------the only thing I didn't like about the recipe was the walnut extract was expensive

• chrissyb

Hi Nancy don't you just hate it when you want to sleep and can't.....it really is the pits.

Shiela, as far as I know, Melatonin doesn't have any interactions with other things as it is a naturally occuring substand in the brain.  Age, apparently lessons the natural production of it in our brains and so we have the sleeplessness and add in other health issues and it becomes a no brainer for insomnier.

Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Actually the recipe is Walnut vinaigrette, ----------1 tsp each---fresh shallots,fresh garlic.salt, fresh cracked black pepper, 1TBLS dijon mustard. 3 Tbls apple cider vinegar, 1 Tbles fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup walnut oil.

1. Put shallots, garli,salt,pepper,mustard,vinegar, and lemon juice into pint jar a shake vigorously

2.Add both oils and shake vigorously before each use. dressing will separate after sitting.

Salad-----red leaf lettuce, spinach, 2 navel oranges, 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, 1/4 cup scallion tops sliced into rings.

WE used to have to use walnut extract b/c we could't find walnut oil. Extract expensive. We then substituted Ken Rasp. V..... cheaper and really good also less work. I have used strawberries, bluberries and mandarin oranges. -------and red onion along with or without the scallions.

Salads are so much fun--------you basically can put most anything in and the flavors will blend. There is on special one I have to find. When I find it I'll post it.

• chrissyb

Wow Shiela that sound delicious!!!  When I go to the city next week I'll go to the specialty store and get some Walnut oil.  I have everything else.  Oh I may need to top up on the Rasberry Vinegar.  I can't wait to try it!

• chrissyb

Shiela, I have just noticed you posting.........why are you still up?  You should be long asleep!  I'm here if you want to chat.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy let's call me and idiot-------------or someone that cares---------there's stuff that is posted that i have knowledge of b/c of past learning---------how can you just fly by that ---------I know you don't---------------Last post re:  a to do thing that wouldn't hurt the inheritor. Saw the post , how could I not respond. . I know it must be your nighttime because it's daylight here. I know you get it, your helping prople all The time ---------------well thats part of me too.     and somehow I missed self regulation ---------I do think I have instilled it in my son----------I hope---------at least listening to him I have.----------------for myself keep trying chrissy to get in my head to become  more regulated

In this last 2 years I lost my breast, had a brain tumor dx'd the same dayas BC BX, lost my livlihood the same day b/c I told the boss about the brain tumor. A closed traumatic brain injury just prior on duty

A husband dx'd with L/L 3months later-------he had 10 admissions from Feb10 to aug18 then died AUG 20th , 2 weeks later the dog of 15 years dies, 3 months later son moves away.----------realize what my sister says is true couples don't want a single female around--------3 solid couples around me. Disabled b/c of headinjury-------------so my lifelong love of nursing is gone ---nada------I have to start a whole new life-----------can be received by all my husbands aquatics girlfriends , and they have been trying--------but they get up at 7 am ----it's 810 am and I may go to bed. I think I just help one person and others with concrete things that they can do here in the present. Thats me, help develop a plan. I can never get back into nursing cuz,  I can't remember squat only the present.. Someone presents here with a problem I may be able to help. , but it doesn't get committed to long term memory. There is a disconnect.  So, for this time period this is where I am. It's solitude  A connection to who I used to be. OH shit thats weakening , not crying yet, but it's getting me there------------gotta go

• chrissyb

((((((((Shiela))))))))   you do need rest to revive your soul if nothing else.  I get where you are coming from I really do but in all this you still have to come first.  If you don't look after you, you will not have to strength to help anyone else.  I find it hard to turn the computer off as well just incase someone comes on and needs someone to talk to but that is also very selfish as there are so many of us here that at any one time I'm not the only one and there is always someone to answer a call for help.

Have you got any sleep meds?  Do you need some sleep meds or are the late night or should I say all nighters a thing of choice?  Whatever it is my dear, you need to start to regulate a proper sleeping time as you need sleep to rejuvinate and heal.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy   

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy Thanks--------your thoughts are wonderful as usual. I deleted the message as there was way to much personal stuff. Also, way to sad. Be back later. L&H's sheila

• sas-schatzi

Okay chickens---it's you and me, so what do we talk about tonight--------- the price of gas sucks----------don't drive far-------it would be nice to know what the big boys are making -------DUH we are subsidizeing their extravagant livestyles,  and they want us to believe oil has gone up--------DUH please, do not consider us that stupid------------YOU RAPERS OF THE ECONOMY.-----if prices go up every year at the same time who are you kidding.       It it's just shamefull that you are so selfish and believe you are so entitled to damage the people. Cluck you.

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

Sheila, I think we will eventually all be restricted to our local areas by fuel prices/environmentalists etc., and will need a damn good reason to have to go anywhere, with a leave pass to get there.

Sheila.

• justagirl
    justagirl Member Posts: 633

I think here in Australia they should take the revenue from the speed cameras and use it to lower petrol costs -  The people running this country don't need any more first class flights to far-off places nor multiple large homes, big cars and fancy offices with expensive furniture.

Our petrol here in Australia costs more than where I came from in the US - Kauai.  Why? How can it be cheaper to barge oil to a small island in the middle of the ocean than to get it to us?

Look at the cost of our medical procedures and medications!

When I had my DM with reconstruction 3 1/2 months ago, medicare paid only $600 for my 7 1/2 hours of anesthesia!!!!!!  What doctor would work for that kind of pay?  It actually cost $3,000.

Don't get me wrong, medicare does help with the medical bills but the cost of bc has been high. WE had money set aside for my son when he went to uni but in actuality when he started this year he/we had to do it on borrowed money.  Sad.  Save for 17 years and the money goes for my foobs and medications.............................

night night, it's 10:30pm here in Noosa, so I'm going to try and sleep..........

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Well was wide awake from 4:15-6:30am...then fell asleep again...should have gotten up and written on this thread but figured my thoughts would be very whacky...along with my typing at that time of day.

Sas....it will get easier....just keep talking it out my dear...just talk it out.

• sas-schatzi

Sandee-----yes I suppose it will -words carry so much.-------we share so much in the wee hours of the morning, but then you can hit delete. It's sometimes , sso therapeutic to write it.  Whats nice is we have Chrissyb. She is so therapeutic. Thank you Chrissy.

Had a breaktrough with my counselor tonight. life time breaktrough ---------------now what do i do.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Just passing by to see who is talking to the chickens.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502

Greetings to any of you late-nighters passing by!

Judith

• chrissyb

Shiela, now you start making your life plans........the operative words being your life.

Hi all....I hope you have managed to get some shut eye and won't see this till tomorrow!

Love n hugs all.  Chrissy

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Mind if I join you?

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Your up late Kay. Just checked in before I closed up. DH will be in soon and we are off out for a meal and to the orchestra.

Hi Chrissy, how are things in your part of the world?

• Kay_G

I'm blaming it on steroids.  

• sas-schatzi

Kay I'm here for a few moments

• sas-schatzi

kay going to check on other threads------------pm me if you want me to come back-------sheila

• Kay_G

Hi, Shiela!  Don't mean to keep you up.  I took an Ativan.  Getting tired now.  Hate to do it.  I am afraid of getting dependent on them.  Take care.

• sas-schatzi

Kay----------I'm here

• sas-schatzi

Kay------This stuff we are going through -------messes with our whole being. If ativan gets you to sleep do it

• chrissyb

I see you're still awake Shiela.....I was just reading my favourites as I had some catching up to do.  I got home from the city a couple of hours ago and needed to take acouple of pain killers as my face was really killing me!  It's settled down now but I think I did too much by changing the beds when I got back.  Oh well, my fault, I was told no house work for the week.  When will I learn to do as I'm told?........probably never!.......lol

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy- when do we ever do what we are told to do? New recipe coming up

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy do you have a fax-----it would be much easier.?????