INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

okay I missed something ----chrissy surgery?

• sas-schatzi

WHat-up

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

tomato is best done under a grill or in a microwave.  For the microwave I just cut the tomato in half, place a knob of butter on top of each piece and sprinkle with dried powdered garlic and pepper and then a little parsley on top...into the microwave on high for about 1 - 2 mins and voila!  perfest tomatoes.

• chrissyb
    Yes Sheila  I had MOH surgery to remove a BCC from my ear last Wednesday......it all good, no panic....lol
  • sas-schatzi

Chrissy what am I missing  you had surgery?

• sas-schatzi

OH MY Australia-----------I have read about the stats down under and skin cancer

• sas-schatzi

and the laws that have been passed about kids wearing hats and protection etc

• chrissyb

Shiela, no big deal,  I had a BCC on the curl of my ear near the cheek and it was removed by the process called MOH surgery.  It's the micro grafting technique...........so I have a graft taken from my cheek and turned around and used to cover the defect where the BCC was removed....a bit like a tram flap but oh so much smaller!  I just took the dressing off to let the air get to it for a little while before I put a fresh one on and as I commented, it looks like a little zipper running down my cheek....lol.  I'm good!

• sas-schatzi

I wouldn't go out between 10-5 pm until recently last 6weeks. Been in florida since 1992. but figuire 1 hour of swimming  and exercise when I feel i want to go is better than putting it off to latter and may not do it

• chrissyb

Nancy, providing the graft takes it just a matter of healing which will take about a month all told.  The reason there is a cotton ball stitched to my ear.....and yes you can laugh all you want it does look funny...lol..... so the graft is gently pushed down on to the area that we want it to attatch.

• chrissyb

All the skin damage that I have was done as a teenager because as an adult I avoid the sun like the plague as I just burn and the older I get the quicker I burn.

• sas-schatzi

I know you will take care of it chrissy

Nancy the australians have the highest rate of skin cancer in the world

Florida on the other hand has a huge amount of vitanim d deficicency--------cuz we locals avoid the sun between 10-5

• sas-schatzi

POOR HONKER------is it ok now nancy

• chrissyb

I've had BCC's removed from the nose, temple, forehead, neck and now the ear so I don't find it a big deal an more....yeah Nancy, you are right.......lol....having a bandages hooter is quite a weird look and not recommended by the fashionisters.....lol

• sas-schatzi

Of course the science person comes out in me , I wonder what our BC stats are and if anyone has made any coorelations---------------I know pain in the ass science person

• chrissyb

Nah....I'm the same Sheila....I like to know these things.    I thing it's more to do with genetics of the skin.  My dad had the same problems I do with BCC's but my mother has just as fair skin and she has no problems at all.  Out of six kids (my family) my older brother and I are the only ones that had skin problems and he passed with lung cancer  and I have BC.  Okay madam scientist what do you make of them odds?....lol

• sas-schatzi

Yes ----------d Is a national problem---------I'm on prescription 50,000 units once a month.only recently started going out in the day, to up the natural d

• chrissyb

Nancy, I'm sure there is a correlation between cancer and Vit. D.  Mine was almost non exitant when I was first Dx'd and I take 5ooo ui per day myself.

• sas-schatzi

Nancy I have a huge closet you can hide in LOL you can come here  and run into the pool in the evening and am. But you likely have a pool too

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502

Peeking in again, while I multi-task. Mmm, that recipe sounds yummy! Chrissy, what do those fashionistas know anyway? Faux cottonball earrings could be the next big thing!

Judith

• chrissyb

Hey Judith, the only problem is that the cotton ball is on the top of my ear not the lobe......it'a rather funny place to wear an earing......or then....maybe not......lol

• sas-schatzi

Nancy --get everyone you know to have their d  level checked . Google d levels and cancer, It's the new thing remember when people started talking omega 3I predicted it 10years before , but it was based on research that had been ongoing for almost 50years that couldn't get by the big wigs. D didn't hit my radar , which hasn't usually happened----that's arrogant isn't it.----- Iwas really low forget how low. But it is becoming a big factor in evaluating health

• sas-schatzi

Okay lets talk recipes again

• chrissyb

Is there some recipe you would like from me?

• sas-schatzi

easy---------take raspberry perserves add a tsp of water at a time let it drip off spoon untilit drips like a thin gravey, In the USA Smuckers is the best Chrissyin australia whats the best?

• sas-schatzi

Of course chrissy tell me your favorites ----favorites are the best

• sas-schatzi

Nancy pop in with favorites

• sas-schatzi

chrissy I know you must be typing, nancy are you still here throw in your favorite recipes too.

• sas-schatzi

forgot to say put the raspberry sauce over ice-cream or mousse or whatever it may sound compatible with

• chrissyb

Shiela, what is Smukers?

A favourite of my DH is Dumplings and it is so easy it not funny all it is is

1 cup Self Raising Flour, pinch salt, 1/2 teaspoon bi-carb soda,one egg and enough either milk of water to make a thick sticky batter.

In a sausepan place the contents of a jar of jam (preserves I think you call it) and add enough water to make a thin sauce.  Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, drop big spoonsful of the batter mix into the sauce and cover till cooked through and fluffy.  Spoon into a bowl with some of the sauce and serve with icecream, cream or both......yumm