INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hey Alyson, how are you doing, how's your back?  Hope you've managed to get some relief.  It's cold here and windy at the moment......I think we are in for a few days of rain but that's okay it is winter after all.....lol   Did you have fun with Sam or was he a good boy for his gran?  Take care!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

This one 's a long one----------It's an onion casserole ---------goes amazingly with prime rib or meat or lamb. I'll do it' but may be  not tonight-------------sleep time

• chrissyb

Shiela I don't but you could email it! I'll PM the address to you.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

I have the page turned to it. Will get to it in the next days----------L&H sheila

• chrissyb

Sleep well girl!  I look forward to that recipe.....I love onions!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• valgal
    valgal Member Posts: 187

Hello all my friends,

The lawyers all said try to get a separation so he'll keep you on the insurance- if not i'm sh-t out of luck. I'm trying frantically to get a job doing anything that is enough $ to get out of this marriage and have heath benes. We have only been married 4 years so there's not much I can do. I hate him now- I don't think there's any going back even though he's trying to quit drinking again. He's said too many horrible things and I too had a breakthrough at the counselors office. My MOM died of stage 4 colon cancer because she was UNINSURED and let it go. No wonder this has hit me so hard. Cancer surgery 07-10 brother died 12-10 and now this - not even a year out. Thanks to all of you and I'll try to stop in as soon as i can.

Your Pal Val - peace to you allInnocent

• chrissyb

(((((((((Hugs)))))))))) Val, hope you get something sorted soon.........but don't forget we are here to support you when ever you want to pop in.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Val do hope things get sorted. Like Chrissy said we are here to listen. Its a bleak cold evening here in this part of the world. We have the fire going and I have been sitting by it knitting.

Big hugs

• chrissyb

Hi Nancy, how are you doing tonight....well it's afternoon here....lol   If you want to chat I'm around.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,250

chrissyb - my Dad was from a small town (at least it was then!) outside of Melbourne called Ringwood.  Are you familiar with it?

• chrissyb

SpecialK I lived in the next suburb called Croydon for six years just after I was married back in the early seventies.  My DH worked in Ringwood so I know it well.....it's a small world.....lol

• specialk

chrissyb -That it is!  My Dad left during WWII and ended up (long story) in California.  He filled our backyard with eucalyptus trees and all kinds of Australian plants - they thrived because of the similarity in climate.  I was at our local department store and met a woman in the cosmetics department and she was from Ringwood too - this was about a year ago.  I was amazed!

• chrissyb

Nancy you are right......caffiene and T as well as all the AI's don't auger for a good nights sleep!  I'm doing good, thanks for asking.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Wow SpecialK, that is amazing! Particularly the part about meeting a woman in the store!

• specialk

My Dad passed in 2001, but when I find connections with him I feel like he is talking to me.  Right around my diagnosis I was at work typing an address for a patient who lived on Ringwood Street, then the same patient returned right before my BMX and I typed that address again.  Coincidence, I think not!

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 376

I wish I could shut my thoughts down.  I've had the 3:00a and 4:00a wake ups over the past few months, but now bedtime keeps getting later and later for me :-(

• momoftwo526
    momoftwo526 Member Posts: 105

Can't sleep tonight, have auxilliary node biopsy tomorrow.  First time in this forum, but see several familiar faces!

Phyllis

• chrissyb

Nancy it most certainly is winter in Aus also......cold and wet at the moment and I just lit the fire so the room is nice and warm for tonight.

SpecialK I truly believe that those who have passed will send us little signs when we need them to let us know they are still with us.  My brother passed three years ago from mesothelioma but if his wife and I haven't spoken for a while he leaves a message on her mobile phone from me.....the only thing is I don't leave messages on her phone but it comes up as from me but there is nothing recorded........we just laugh now and she phones me but to begin with it was a bit spookie.

Rockym having the broken sleep is really the pits but please try not to get in the habit of way late nights as that will only make the problem worse.  Have you tried melatonin when you wake at three or four am?  They work well for most people  but they don't leave you with the meds hangover.

Love n hugs.   Chrissy

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 376

I just tried some cheese.  I've heard protein helps before bed.  Also, there may be melatonin in the milk product.  I have enough Ativan to put the all of us sleep :-), but I'd rather not make it a habit for every evening.

• chrissyb

Hey Phyllis ((((hugs))))).  Big deep breaths and try to relax a little....I know it's scary but it's not really that bad.  You will do just fine......If you get a little panicy just think of me pulling funny faces at you.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi insomniacs. Yes its winter here and in Australia and it is Friday night as well.

Phyllis good luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well. It is difficult  at present but you will get through.

Rockym I've had the 3am wake uos for a long time. Have rhuematoid arthritis and often wake with pain and now taking femara I still wake up often because I get so hot.

Must get back to my knitting. I want to get this little jersey for my baby GS finished. I am nearly finished the front then have to do the sleeves. Also find that knitting is great exercise for my hands.

Nancy my cat tries to get me to come to bed. He has become such an old softie which is surprising because until about a year ago he was certainly boss cat of the neighbourhood. That role has been taken over by our other cat Gus who is a small Garfield.

Have a good rest you lot

Big hugs

Alyson

• chrissyb

Rocky I use the melatonin but before I go to bed I always have a warm milk drink sweetened with honey.  Honey has a natural relaxant in it and combined with the warm milk and melatonin I'm away with the fairies in no time at all and stay that way.

Love n hug.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Nancy you would be welcome anytime.....I have a spare room!  I too hate the heat but the airconditioning comes in real handy......my favourite season is winter.  I always say you can get warm by either putting more clothes on or getting busy doing something but trying to get cool is a whole other set of rules.........you can only take so many clothes off and then you get arrested!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chrissyb

Night Nancy....sleep well!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Slainte
    Slainte Member Posts: 55

Nobody up tonight I guess! Haha. Just me :). Oh well

Christine

• chrissyb

Hi Christine!  I'm up, but there again it is only 2.45pm here!.....lol

• chrissyb

How you doing tonight Nancy?

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

And I'm here - eating a creamsicle.

• chrissyb

I'm good.   I just went and got myself a big mug of vege soup.  I made it last night fort tea and I'm so glad there was enough left over for me today.....it was sooo yummmm!

How you doing Chabba?

• chrissyb

Saturday is almost done......boohoo!....it's 3.30 in the afternoon......lol..but for everyday is the weekend as I no longer work, I'm on a disability pension...............but I can still relate to looking forward to them...lol