Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Adhesive TAPE - help need to find non-allergic

Options

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,089
    Options

I'll join you in a bump.  It's hard for me to find new topics with the revised web site so I stick w/favorites.  maybe this will bring in some new thoughts.

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    Options

If you click the Dashboard on the left, it is slightly easier to navigate.   

• Trickling
    Trickling Member Posts: 295
    Options

3M has a NEW adhesive product: 3M™ Kind Removal Silicone Tape 

SAMPLE is available to medical professionals (ONLY).

!!! Smile !!! My PCP notified me that he sent for a sample !!! Smile !!! 

Special thanks to MinusTwo and mrsng (Posting May 27, 2012)

>>> Tactics >>> Without informing each of my plan, I chose to ask several of my medical staff to request a sample. 

http://swcpromo.3m.com/siliconetape_offer/

I will let you know when my sample arrives and how testing goes. 

I suggest no one waits to hear my results. ACT NOW.

We all do not respond to adhesive in the same way but testing helps all of us.

Your sample may arrive more quickly for geographical reasons alone.

Medical professionals need to be reminded that this is a serious problem and that they are part of the solution.

Let's break the record for a whole bunch of requests for samples from everywhere.  

• Trickling
    Options
    Bumping to keep topic active Laughing
  • Trickling
    Options

My PCP has not received his requested sample of the new tape product by 3M

http://swcpromo.3m.com/siliconetape_offer/

• Honeypotpie
    Honeypotpie Member Posts: 16
    Options

Trickling,

I have the same issues as you and many other ladies on here. I have an allergy to all surgical tape, latex and steri strips. My b.s. used a barrier skin protectant. I ordered it post op from Walgreens for $22 for 25 individual packets. It is THE BEST thing ever. I have zero redness, zero irritation, zero blisters and my skin has stayed completely intact! They used an adhesive dissolver for the tape that was on there when they removed my bandages and same thing no issue. Let me know if you need the name, it's not something they normally carry at Walgreens but they can get it in 24hrs or less. Take care!

• Trickling
    Options

Honeypotpie your post is a "yummie pot pie post". Do get back to us with the details !!!

• GramE
    Options

bump

• GramE
    Options

I remember the bumper cars at Kennywood on school picnics.   thanks for the memories.

• Trickling
    Options

BUMP to start off JULY as active topic.

• minustwo
    Options

I like Trickling's thought so I'll bump for a happy 4th of July.   If we post it - they will come, hopefully with new ideas.

• Honeypotpie
    Options

Trickling,

Sorry I've been down and out. They had to reopen me with a huge blood clot. Okay here is the deal to beat the adhesive beast and keep your skin intact. It is "3M Cavilon No sting barrier film". Walgreens ordered it for me, had it for me in less than 24hrs. It was $22.00 for 25 packets. They are awesome. I can use any type of tape and it works!!!! I did papertape this time (it is usually my nemisis) no issues!

• Trickling
    Options

Honeypotpie - Good riddence to the blood clot. Sounds like a firecracker (Happy July 4th !!!) type of operation was needed. Get well SOON. I have to back track on this thread to look up the barrier film I unsuccessfully tested. I sure hope mine was from a different company.

Nevertheless, just knowing you (and surely some others) found "3M Cavilon No sting barrier film" sooo TERRIFIC is a mighty good feeling. Am looking through this thread, NOW.

• Trickling
    Options

Honeypotpie - Ugh! Oh! 3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film worked SO WELL FOR YOU but not for me. Hope other folks try it and share their results, here . . .

See above my entry for May 17, 2011 (7:117 AM)

Does the following recommended SPECIAL process of application match yours?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d28fNUiH68M 

• Trickling
    Options

MinusTwo - Sort of like discovering the Higgs - Boson cosmic particle . . .

HOoOray! Cosmic particle: Discovery announced, today, July 4th!

http://news.yahoo.com/world-awaits-latest-hunt-higgs-particle-105435716.html

I love the description: "Our universe would then be a single expanding bubble inhabiting a grand cosmic bubble bath of universes—a multiverse." YES?

via Newsweek magazine
     http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/05/20/brian-greene-welcome-to-the-multiverse.html
  • minustwo
    Options

Trickling:  Thanks for the Daily Beast link.

Honeypotpie:  I've sent the barrier info to a friend who's husband had esophegal & pancreatic cancer and now has a permanent feeding tube.  It may help with the gastric juice "burns".

• Trickling
    Options

Bumping to keep this thread active

• Honeypotpie
    Options

Minus Two- That's awesome!!!

Trickling- I had my ex-husband who was so kind as to take care of me use hibiclens on his hands before touching me. Then we made sure my pores were 100% closed by using a blow dryer until my skin was dried and cooled. Then he applied it to the area receiving the tape and no where else. He immediately applied the tape, we didn't wait until it got tacky or dried first. Right on, right off, still having skin intact. I will have to do some inquiring for you and see when I can get my hands and mind on for you. I see my PS on monday and he is always full or all kinds of good tidbits!!

• Trickling
    Options

Honeypotpie: 1) I will definitely be kept in suspense awaiting to hear what your PS might have to offer re adhesive tapes. 2) That You Tube link (this thread July 4, 2012 7:21 PM) stressed with such great emphasis the need for the Cavilon to dry, that I hope you will double check with your PS about your NON-drying application of the Cavilon. I'd hate to hear that your luck ran out re dampness . . .

MunusEwo Also waiting to hear about how Cavilonworked out around the feeding tube!

• jenlee
    jenlee Member Posts: 204
    Options

During my recent DIEP procedure they used no tape whatsoever, only surgical glue... Fortunately, I had no reaction to it, maybe that's why it's becoming more common. Actually, I take that back, there was one tiny area on my abdomen with a steri-strip; I have no idea why. At my one week post op, the skin around the steri-strip was blistered and is the only area that is still raw, so I definitely can't tolerate them. After coming home from surgery, I have ventured to use some paper tape to hold on my dressings... Rite Aid brand, most days no problems. Who'd have thought?

• Trickling
    Options

Honeypotpie: 1) I will definitely be kept in suspense awaiting to hear what your PS might have to offer re adhesive tapes. 2) That You Tube link (this thread July 4, 2012 7:21 PM) stressed with such great emphasis the need for the Cavilon to dry that I hope you will double check with your PS about your NON-drying application of the Cavilon. I'd hate to hear that your luck ran out re dampness . . .

MunusTwo: Also eager to hear about how Cavilon is working out around the feeding tube of your friend's husband!

• Trickling
    Options

Bumping to keep this thread on active list of BC.                                                                                                                                                                              

• GramE
    Options

Bumping again for any weekend warriors...!!

• minustwo
    Options

Three's the charm.  One more bump.

• Honeypotpie
    Options

Trickling,

My damp apply worked perfect. Right after we got a good pattern down I no longer needed the adhesive. I see my PS again on the 13th. In the meantime I am taking a much needed vacation to Myrtle Beach with my best friend.  I y, my will have an answer of a list of answers for us from the PS here shortly. I've been so ouchy lately, my last fill was PAINFUL. I am still waiting for that to subside. I will let you guys know!! I pray you are all doing well!

• purple32
    purple32 Member Posts: 1,767
    Options

I'm so sorry I lost track of this thread amnd  never got back here!  My DRS are a few hrs away, and I have not seen them since May.
    I  can tell you when you ask about it you can say that it LOOKS LIKE the clear liquid bandage, but it is indeed TAPE.

Hope all went well!

• Trickling
    Options

purple32:

Thanks for getting back to us! Guess Great timing: I have a regular follow-up appointment with my surgeon on August 9.

In preparation for the appt., I also located your previous e-mail of May 12, 2012. 

With all this clear stuff, I hope the mystery of finding a non-allergic TAPE will get CLEARED UP for more of us. 

Honeypotpie: re post of July 28:

Hoping Myrtle Beach is working its wonders and has already taken the pain away with the tide. 

• Trickling
    Options

BUMPing to keep this thread on active status.

• minustwo
    Options

Well Trickling - and how are you?  I expect GramE will bump in too.  It's well worth keeping this thread alive.  There could be a break through at any time.

Had some minor derm procedures last week & convinced the doc I didn't need any coverings, just push hard on the site for awhile.  It worked great.  Houston is WAY too hot to chance a reaction.   Good week ahead to all.