Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any 40-ish survivors?

Comments

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited February 2012

Oh and thank you to the Guy I have been talking to....now we need one more bit of good news for Eema...I am so so happy for you Kiwimum

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    edited February 2012

I thank you for talking to the Guy.

Yes, now we're ready for some good news for Eema.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited February 2012

Ok I am going to sound thoroughly stupid here but, I had surgery after chemo and you know how much fog your brain can be in....I'm just now remembering them telling me they got clear margins, I was IDC, and got some DCIS.  Did I have two cancers? I'll ask my MO when I see her next time...

• kmur
    edited February 2012

Gina..I have been thinking of you ..was going to share a long Catholic story here,but did not...I have been running into people lately that MAKE me believe HE has been listening and I need to Listen more carefully too

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited February 2012

Yay kiwi... Very good to hear... Eema... we are plugging for 2 for 2 here.

• kmur
    edited February 2012

You all are going to think I'm crazy but I am SOOOOO happy for GREAT news...MAN ..I think I may just have to have one of those new Budweiser ( the blue ones) to celebrate.. YIPPEE

• mamachick
    mamachick Member Posts: 154
    edited February 2012

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiwimum.  I have been speaking to Him also for you.  I am so happy to hear your news.  It has torn me up that you and Eema have had to go through this scare.  Would join Kim in a Bud, but I can't stand beer!!  :)

Still praying for Eema!

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited February 2012

I may go for that drink too... maybe a mojito or something festive...

• kmur
    edited February 2012

Ok Got mine!!! mamachick...maybe we could just do a tea or something..I am raising my beer RIGHT now.....YAY for Kiwimum!! May we all be old farts some day  ( sorry ) Carried away...

• mamachick
    mamachick Member Posts: 154
    edited February 2012

Cheers!  Enjoy one for me, I'll pretend I like it.  lol

• kiwimum
    edited February 2012

I'm ordering up a Mojito too!

Cheers everyone - I'm all for being an old fart.

• bgirl
    bgirl Member Posts: 435
    edited February 2012

Kiwi Mum great news. Eema, hoping for equally good news for you.

Sagina - I had both grade 3 DCIS and IDC, in one area some had left milk ducts and other was still contained. Said they condsidered it one tumor.

Last rad tomorrow. So happy.  My RO said I should do something to celebrate.  Thinking I could have bought some nice shoes with what I have spent on hospital parking.  Maybe I will just go buy them anyway!

• alliesmom15
    alliesmom15 Member Posts: 66
    edited February 2012

So happy for you  KiwiMum :)

• kmur
    edited February 2012

Bgirl ...awesome ...last rad...another good thing. Yippee again.and you should so buy those shoes or maybe two..spring is just around the way and you deserve it!!

• blueyez
    blueyez Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2012

Sooo Excited for your good news Kiwimum!! 

I think we were all posting at the same time, lol! 

so glad for good news!  lifts my spirit instantly!!  somethng to celebrate!

• kiwimum
    edited February 2012

bgirl - that's great news.  I hope your skin is not too burnt and you heal quickly!  It's great to reach the end of treatment.

• blueyez
    blueyez Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2012

Go for it bgirl!!  You deserve it!!  Congrats on making it through and getting to the end!  Thoughts will be with you tomorrow as you finish. I agree with Kmur, get two pairs of shoes!! 

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited February 2012

Whoo hoo Kiwi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Whoo hoo Bgirl!!!!!!!!! and I'm saving a big Texas WHOO HOOO for Emma.

End of treatment, scary but liberating! Embrace it! 

• profbee
    profbee Member Posts: 304
    edited February 2012

Kiwi!!!   I am crying here!!!! Tears streaming down my face I'm so damn happy for you.  I scrolled down and skipped posts to see if you had updated!  I'm THRILLED for you!!!!  Now I'm waiting on Eema.  We're on a roll!!!! 

Love to all of us!

Oh, and Bgirl!  Celebrate!  Buy shoes!  (One of my dearest friends sent me a Zappos gift card when I was diagnosed...wore my shiny, red, pointy, high heels yesterday!)

C

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2012

YAY Kiwimum!!!!

Girlfriend, I have been so worried about you! My friends can't get more cancer, dammit!

So stared my day dressing in my bad a55 outfit, black boots, black leggings, lacy skirt, grey tshirt, and a black w grey spider biker shmata. I don't know what they are called, but a guy I never met sent them from Texas. I have to dress when I go there because they mark it in my chart!! My favorite nurse calls me her diva. My BFF who brought me dressed similarly, so we were a pair. I had a meeting w BS who said yeah, we could have missed a micro invasion, but it could be nothing. Or it could be osteoporosis. Or, more likely, she said, could be melanoma. Then she said the rule is melanoma comes back w a vengeance at double your age at dx + 20. I think she thought that would make me feel better but I was 17 at dx, so 54 is my year of vengeance. Since I am 46, who knows?

Then went and got the radioactive powers. I can walk on walls! I did set off the Geiger counter! Cool! Then BFF and I had 2.5 hours for uptake. We went for lunch @ DHs place, then took her DHs employee discount card to Marshall's where he just got a job, and went shopping. I got a cute pair of platform sandles for the summer! Hope I get to wear them to Israel! Then wooshed back to hosp for scan. The machine was rinky dink compared to the CT scan and had kids stickers all over it. I said to the tech, "this is because I am hot, right?" she asked, "you mean radioactive?" "....yeah. Let's say that". Yep, I said. Sure. I asked to see after. She complied, but wouldn't answer any questions. There were lit up area all over, but I have no idea what they mean.

Tomorrow back to the cancer center for the results. I'm in bed and have been since 3. I'm pooped! Love you all!

• Eema
    edited February 2012

YAY Kiwimum!!!!

Girlfriend, I have been so worried about you! My friends can't get more cancer, dammit!

So stared my day dressing in my bad a55 outfit, black boots, black leggings, lacy skirt, grey tshirt, and a black w grey spider biker shmata. I don't know what they are called, but a guy I never met sent them from Texas. I have to dress when I go there because they mark it in my chart!! My favorite nurse calls me her diva. My BFF who brought me dressed similarly, so we were a pair. I had a meeting w BS who said yeah, we could have missed a micro invasion, but it could be nothing. Or it could be osteoporosis. Or, more likely, she said, could be melanoma. Then she said the rule is melanoma comes back w a vengeance at double your age at dx + 20. I think she thought that would make me feel better but I was 17 at dx, so 54 is my year of vengeance. Since I am 46, who knows?

Then went and got the radioactive powers. I can walk on walls! I did set off the Geiger counter! Cool! Then BFF and I had 2.5 hours for uptake. We went for lunch @ DHs place, then took her DHs employee discount card to Marshall's where he just got a job, and went shopping. I got a cute pair of platform sandles for the summer! Hope I get to wear them to Israel! Then wooshed back to hosp for scan. The machine was rinky dink compared to the CT scan and had kids stickers all over it. I said to the tech, "this is because I am hot, right?" she asked, "you mean radioactive?" "....yeah. Let's say that". Yep, I said. Sure. I asked to see after. She complied, but wouldn't answer any questions. There were lit up area all over, but I have no idea what they mean.

Tomorrow back to the cancer center for the results. I'm in bed and have been since 3. I'm pooped! Love you all!

• profbee
    edited February 2012

Thanks for the update, Eema!  I wore my black boots to work today!  Must have been a hottie day.  :)  So glad that you're getting some rest.  Lots of love!! 

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    edited February 2012

Eema - you are up next. Bring us some good news.

Gina - that is some serious fog if you don't know how many tumors you had. LOL.

Black boots - love em! I call them my stripper boots. Or hooker boots sometimes. They make my legs look much sexier than they are. Maybe I should start wearing them at the pool!

Speaking of fat, ugly legs, my new cake decorating tools arrived today. Can't wait to try to make one of those super cute fondant cakes. This has disaster written all over it. Who wants start a betting pool on how long before I am cursing and throwing fondant?

• bgirl
    bgirl Member Posts: 435
    edited February 2012

Shoes it is, something totally impractical and maybe a new pair for spring too!  Thanks for sharing the joy.  Rather burnt, but told it will peak in 2 weeks and then get better.

Eema - sorry you have to wait, I was lucky - radiologist came out and told me on the spot that he did not see anything obviously cancer, but would have to have closer look to be sure.  Maybe because I was a frequent flyer at that point in Nuc Med (3rd trip in 4 weeks)  Also he was the guy who put tracer in my nipple for lymph angio tracing for SNB - very painful, maybe trying to make it up to me lol.  Some of my light up turned out to be arthritis - not everything is cancer.

• kiwimum
    edited February 2012

You don't have to tell me twice to buy shoes!  I've just come back from spin class - I thought I'd celebrate by exercising.  I'm planning on having a vino tonight!!

Prof - aww shucks.  I choked up reading your post.  We were both in the April chemo group together and I'd hate for any of us to get a recurrence.

Lisa - good luck with the cake decorating. My first attempt was a disaster.  My DH has laughing so hard he was crying - and then to add salt to the wound he took photos of the disaster!

I will be checking regularly tomorrow for your update Eema. Love is winging its way to you from NZ. xx

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited February 2012

Kiwimum - GREAT NEWS!!!! Happy dancing for you. Enjoy the vino as you deserve it.

Eema - Try to rest & bring us good news tomorrow. ((HUGS))..

bgirl - Congrats on finishing rads. I too say the heck with it , buy the shoes!!!

Lisa - You crack me up.

Counting down to my annual girls beach trip. Hope to be enjoying a beverage by an ocean breeze tomorrow. 

• JulieLynn
    JulieLynn Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2012

Kiwi - So very, VERY happy for you!!!  Eema - Wishing you all the best!!!

• proudmom_wife
    proudmom_wife Member Posts: 176
    edited February 2012

Kiwimum - wonderful news!

Eema - good vibes, prayers and hugs.

Boots?  For Christmas this year I bought my first pair of non-hiking boots since I was 13 years old.  I have big calves and have always had a difficult time finding boots that would fit over my calves that I gave up on finding a pair that would fit.  But my calves shrunk from the chemo, so I decided to buy some dress boots while I could, even if it meant I could only wear them for a short time until my calf muscles get back to normal.  DH thinks they are sexy, it is the first time in 20+years of marriage he has ever seen me wear black boots with a dress.

• Eema
    edited February 2012

Wow, am I nervous. Completely collapsed yesterday and barely saw my baby boy as I was asleep when he came home from school.

Trying to stay calm.

• profbee
    edited February 2012

We're with you, hon.  It's going to be okay.  Someone on here once told me that when you do testing, you're finding out what already is.  So, it's not like you're waiting to hear about something you have any power over--that's yet to come.  You're just going to know more about what already is.  So, it's out of our control.  I hope that helps.  It made me feel so much better. I'm just learning more.  And then, we'll make decisions from there based on what we hear. 

January stunk here on the boards.  February is a month of good news!  We're here to support you no matter what.  

I'm glad you got some sleep last night.  Love to you!!!