Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any 40-ish survivors?

Comments

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    edited February 2012

Good luck today eema!  I know you are nervous.  I would be too.  Scans are terrifying.  Almost over.

• proudmom_wife
    proudmom_wife Member Posts: 176
    edited February 2012

Thinking of you Eema.  We are all here for you.  

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited February 2012

Me too...thinking of you....

• profbee
    profbee Member Posts: 304
    edited February 2012

Checking in again.  Waiting with you, Eema. 

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2012

I love you ladies.  You are all sillies, my appointment is 1:30.  I should be grading, instead I just drank coffee, read about adolescent melanoma and recurrance, and tried to go shopping.  I think I'll take a nice hot shower instead.  I will have to go to school eventually.  Class @ 4:35.  Already told them we are watching a movie related to the topic of the course.

• profbee
    edited February 2012

LOL!  Stick in a movie!!!  :)  I'm up at my campus library right now--wishing these 2 retirees would go somewhere else to complain.  No more reading!  It's bad for you.  :) xoxoxo

• Eema
    edited February 2012

Profbee, biz comm, and we are going to watch Up in the Air if I can get a student to go get it for me from the campus library.  Thank G-d it relates (and I haven't seen it, what a HORRIBLE prof, just taking my students word for it).

• Eema
    edited February 2012

I'm going to scream here because I can.  FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK! 

Waiting for that half an ativan to kick in... this is hell.  and I can't hack the intranet that holds the results...

• profbee
    edited February 2012

I havent' seen it either, but it's got Clooney in it!  :)  You do what you can. 

• profbee
    edited February 2012

On your worst day, I'm sure you're better than most!  :)  Yay for the ativan!!!!

• Eema
    edited February 2012

LOL!  I thought exactly the same thing but didn't want to say and sound shallow and not academic...

Hey, is there a conference in May anywhere cool?  I have money I have to spend... you know the drill...

• Eema
    edited February 2012

Hey, I never asked how your squishies are prof...

• profbee
    edited February 2012

I wrote a long reply, and then couldn't get online at the library for some reason.  ugh!  The squishies are better than the TEs, but still not ME.  I am not as thrilled as others seem to be.  Maybe after I get my nips done in May--I don't know.  The worst part is having to wear a bra 24/7 for months.  ugh.

• Eema
    edited February 2012

Nips in May for everyone! Well, gotta see...

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    edited February 2012

I'm here in NZ thinking of you Eema. It's 6.30am and just checking in check on you. Will be back frequently ...

• Eema
    edited February 2012

Kiwimum,

40 minutes. But who's counting ?

• profbee
    edited February 2012

blerg

• kiwimum
    edited February 2012

What Prof said

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited February 2012

Thinking of you Eema!!!

• Eema
    edited February 2012

F ing A. Suspected bone mets to L2. Either biopsy or wait and "watch it grow." f that. Scheduling biopsy now. Dammit.

• profbee
    edited February 2012

F^@&!.  Sorry.  Yeah, I'd want the biopsy NOW too.  Can they get you in soon?

• mamachick
    mamachick Member Posts: 154
    edited February 2012

Eema!  I am screaming with you!!! I am with you and Prof, get that biopsy ASAP!!!! Will continue to pray for you and a quick biopsy schedule.

• JulieLynn
    JulieLynn Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2012

Eema - UGH!!!!  Screaming for you!!!  Hope you get the biopsy scheduled soon - Get 'er done!  Sendng prayers!

• kiwimum
    edited February 2012

Noooooooooo!!!

I agree - f that.  Get that biopsy now.

• bgirl
    bgirl Member Posts: 435
    edited February 2012

Eema

As my friend put it when I texted her I had cancer  WTF - I am so sorry you have to go through this!!

Wait and see if it grows - are they nuts!!!  Think one would need more than an Ativan to do that.  They should try it!!! Stupid suggestion.  Hope they can get you in VERY soon.

Thinking of You

• Ralsper
    Ralsper Member Posts: 131
    edited February 2012
    Eema- Fuck! I use guided imagery to find peace in my mind. Guided imagery has been found in many studies to help those with cancer boost their immune system and fight cancer.  A guided imagery cancer tool - will 1) Help you to heal your body of cancer by facilitating the release of harmful toxic emotions that cause your normal body cells to mutate and become cancerous, 2) Help you to heal your body of cancer by significantly lowering stress hormone cortisol levels that suppress immune system function, and 3) Help you to heal your body of cancer by boosting your immune system and destroying cancer cells using powerful guided imagery suggestions. Think positive, you are strong and healthy!
  • proudmom_wife
    proudmom_wife Member Posts: 176
    edited February 2012
    Eema - OK, the key word is 'suspected', that means they don't really know but are saying 'suspected' in order to cover their ass.  Definitely get the biopsy, you don't need the stress waiting to see if there is a change in a few months when there might not be a change, and then you will still be wondering.  {{{HUGS}}}
  • kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited February 2012

eema...not the news I thought we would hear I know you will get this biopsy asap..but I will continue to hold onto the SUSPECTED word....lets hope it is still NOT that..... I will be hoping it is not so. 

• blueyez
    blueyez Member Posts: 73
    edited February 2012

Eema, my heart goes out to you! I know we got off on the wrong foot, but I've been thinking of you and was hoping you would get the same news as Kiwimum. I hate cancer!!  It sucks so bad!!  I  know that waiting is sometimes the hardest part.  I say take an Ativan or two if that's what you need to get thru!  Saying a healing prayer for you!  Hope you get a quick appointment for the biopsy.  Thinking of you and sending love your way!!

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited February 2012

Eema, I am adding you to my noon prayers.  It's something we are doing for the retreat I'm teaming on in April.  We've all set our phone alarms to noon - since the day can get so hectic.  So everyday at noon know that I am praying for you and sending you positive energy, good mojo, reverse voodoo, I dunno - just all good stuff,  whatever I can do for you.

Lisa, yes the chemo fog was that bad.  Spelling was impossible for a while, remember where I put stuff was crazy....but on the flip side, 1 year ago on valentine's day I was getting my last infusion!  today I actually was able to blow dry and style my hair.  My boss' wife came in today - she hadn't seen me in about a year - she's talking a mile a minute then says, I like your hair, keeps talking, and I say I HAVE HAIR - and her eyes get huge and she says, No Shit! We couldn't stop laughing!