Any 40-ish survivors?

Comments

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    edited September 2011

I am joking!I was a relatively nice girl, although certainly not catholic college nice. :)

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited September 2011

I know I'm just kidding.....that struck me so funny....I was kinda nice ( I guess)

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited September 2011

Of course you should laugh at my seltzer debacle! I was p!ssed off at the time, but still managed to find a good laugh in the whole situation. We have an entry in the basement, so when DS opened the door, a bottle of seltzer rolled on his toes! He looked at me with a WTH look, and DH followed him in with, "were you mad at the seltzer?" Good times!

Oh, when I told him how many people saw my hooters at the cancer center, he aked if that was more or less than high school... I was a good girl in high school, so I told him many, many more--like six more! I didn't bare them before I was 18. He had a pleased look on his face... I was just GRATEFUL he didn't ask about college, because I'd have to lie! HA!

• christine47
    christine47 Member Posts: 846
    edited September 2011

You all have me laughing tonight.  Someday we all need to meet!  Remember the Billy Joel song about catholic girls?  Kim, I am sure you were "nice".

• lrr4993
    edited September 2011

If they would throw some beads at me, my onco appointments would be like mardi gras.

Sorry. I should not joke. But the constant "exposure" is funny to me.

• Eema
    edited September 2011

None of the girls I know from catholic college are catholic college nice!

• christine47
    edited September 2011

Eema,

I love the description of your "Alloderm bras", those are some pricey bras.  Do you like your inflatable implants??  Does that mean you can change the size if your want?? 

• Eema
    edited September 2011

Err, why shouldn't you joke? After this, I'm going to go try out to be a playboy centerfold. I have what they all have-- fake boobies! But they probably have something I DON'T have... STDs!

• lrr4993
    edited September 2011

Amen eema! Catholic girls are often the worst. I was raised catholic. That did not turn out quite like mom wanted. LOL. I think the strict rules provoke rebellion.

• kmur
    edited September 2011

Christine.....I actually ssaid Kinda Nice

• kmur
    edited September 2011

Girls my son attends catholic school now ....should he go the all boy route for high school or co-ed???/ I'm scared now!!

• Eema
    edited September 2011

christine, thanks! I feel like I have a perma-bra on, and someone needs to work on it a bit. I don't know how I like the inflatable yet, since I haven't had a fill yet. It doesn't really mean I can change the size (but that would be really cool, get a nice tight sweater and make them big, when they get in the way, just take them down a size!). It means they are adjustable after surgery, and I don't have TEs, my PS just takes out the ports when I'm full and we are outa there!

• christine47
    edited September 2011

ok, one more thing, then I need to do some laundry.

Funny PS story--My PS is young (35-37), I am there with my DH before exchange.  PS is standing directly in front of my, squeezing and feeling my foobs, and says "you have nice tissue", my husband is on the other side (behind him sitting in a chair) and just smiling.  Needless to say I left feeling good. Maybe you had to be there.  I love my PS.

• Eema
    edited September 2011

Kim, I think the single sex education creates fine learners that are serious about their schoolwork. All boy school!

• christine47
    edited September 2011

then they go totally wild when they get to college.

• Eema
    edited September 2011

"you have nice tissue." That is an awesome comment! How I used to wish someone would tell me I had nice tissue instead of "be happy with what you get!"

• kmur
    edited September 2011

Christine....that's what I'm thinking too....we have to decide soon...

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    edited September 2011

You are cracking me up ladies.  I'm supposed to be working but am sitting at my desk laughing instead.

• kmur
    edited September 2011

Hi Kiwi!!

• kmur
    edited September 2011
      Chritine  I have not had anyone say my tissue is nice Frown
  • christine47
    edited September 2011

Eema, don't be happy until you get what you want!!  I think my PS was even a little red after he said that.  If he only knew how happy he made this 40+chick.

• lrr4993
    edited September 2011

Nice tissue - that is funny. I guess it would be unprofessional to say nice rack. Don't you wonder the breast doctors ever go gaga over a particularly nice pair? I mean, the are still men.

Reminds me of a funny story. I was in cancun several years ago with a friend on vacation. We were laying out on the beach and a couple was next to us. They were not american - did not speak English and she was topless. they were fighting over something and he was really mad. The woman, still topless, sat in his lap and you could tell she was try to smooth things over - cuddling up to him and whispering. The man did not even acknowledge her. I told my friend " if he were an american man he would be so over whatever he is mad about by now."

• christine47
    edited September 2011

Kiwi, yes we need to get to work.  Hope you are good tonight??

• kmur
    edited September 2011

Lisa...that is a funny story I was in Cancun long ago...thats where the kinda nice stories happen??

• kiwimum
    edited September 2011

Hi everyone. Yes I'm good.  Apart from a funny taste in my mouth I'm not having any other post Chemo affects.

The nurse yesterday said I doing fantastic. Nearly every other lady by the time they get to my stage (4 x AC and 10 Taxols) are having heaps of issues ranging from fatigue to numbness to rashes.  Me ... I'm fine. 

• kmur
    edited September 2011

KiwiMum...great news...so glad you are doing so well!

• kmur
    edited September 2011

Have a great night you all...you make me laugh..if any of you are ever in the Louisville area I hope you will let me know ...I'm off to be with my son...

• kiwimum
    edited September 2011

See you Kim. Enjoy your time with your son.

• lrr4993
    edited September 2011

Kiwi - that is great! I was the same way but with TC. I had no problems. Very lucky!!

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited September 2011

I went to an all girl's high school, boarding school, so we didn't see  a lot of guys... We called it the virgin vault... but it does create a sense of craziness when you get to college, so I vote COED.

And about things PSs say.. The first PS I saw told me he (and no surgeon) could build me breasts as nice as the ones I had... So... sometimes they say things maybe they shouldn't, but I think he didn't want my expectations too high. For a 48 year old, mine were not saggy, and were size D... but I am still holding out for my current PS to produce a great finished product... right now I have completed stage I of my DIEP and have a hamburger bun shape... but they don't worry about shape until stage II.