Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any 40-ish survivors?

Comments

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2011

profbee...I have one bunion and my friend used to call my bunion paul as in paul bunion...she would say "how is Paul" They are painful though....gosh...so yes no pedi for me...I do clean them though so as to not freak you all out completely

• christine47
    christine47 Member Posts: 846
    edited October 2011

Ok, you guys are cracking me up.  I just spit diet coke on my keyboard, I am laughing so hard.  Must tell you I wear size 6 1/2 shoes, granted I am only 5'2".  No way would I ever have a fish pedicure!  Can't wait to Ellen or Rosie to fly us all to a great destination for a show!  I am running out to get some dinner with the family (some day I need to find my kitchen), be back later to catch up.

• kmur
    edited October 2011

Christine...OMG   ....I am crying now

• christine47
    edited October 2011

Girls,

I feel like I may need to disclose something to you all.  All this talk about feet, quess what I do for a living?? 

• kmur
    edited October 2011

My husband called a few minutes ago and has a late meeting with boss so ....YAY..we get to have grilled cheese and fun stuff....do you all talk about BC much with the husbands??

• kmur
    edited October 2011

I hope you don't give pedicures

• mamachick
    mamachick Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2011

Okay had to pull out the pads. lol  Profbee- cracked up over you giving  her your toe! The mental image of you snorkeling had me rolling too! Tried it once on a cruise and had to quit because I got see sick trying to swim on top of the water and breathe too.  My son keeps coming in too saying What, tell me, tell me.  All I could tell him is that we are talking about our feet.  He's 9 and is just looking at me like I am crazy. Just told him he wouldn't understand.

Profbee-had the neuropathy in the toes too.  I will say it is finally gone after 6 months or at least not noticeable most times.  The foot massage felt really good so it must be better.  I know what you mean.  I didn't like my feet touched while getting chemo.

• profbee
    profbee Member Posts: 304
    edited October 2011

Do tell Christine! 

• mamachick
    edited October 2011

Kim- I guess we are posting about the same time so I missed your last one.  I don't talk too much to him because he doesn't understand most of it and he just wants to move on since I am done treatments. It took me forever to tell him that I was having pain I was worried about.  He is very supportive in most of it, but some not as much. He really doesn't understand any of the humor. Me having had a BMX has really thrown him, but I didn't have a choice and knows that. It just makes finding the "new" normal a little harder. 

• profbee
    edited October 2011

Podiatrist?  Tight-rope walker?  Oooh...fire walker!?!  Are you a professional smeller for Odor-eaters?  Sock knitter? 

• kmur
    edited October 2011

Me too mamchick..You girls just crack me up!!!! Now I'm scared that Christine may be too frightened of my big ole feet ...she is gone now?????  Lol

• profbee
    edited October 2011

Okay, on a serious note...Yeah, hubby and I talk a lot...maybe too much...we could probably use other local friends. :)  BUT...I doubt I mention some of the details we do here.  Thanks, friends for being such a support. 

• kmur
    edited October 2011

profbee...thats it she is a tightrope walker...and I should say thank you

• kmur
    edited October 2011

OH Gosh....now I will have to share how I lost my toenail in Cancun  along with my sunglasses that were lost in my gentle "ride" back to the beach that day.  Boy what fun.....now that toenail story doesn't seem as funny as all this .... Off to make dinner now...will check to see what kind of mischief you all are into...thanks for all the laughs...we could do the Rosie/Ellen show

• mamachick
    edited October 2011

Boy I got serious there for a minute didn't I.  I am so glad too that I have you girls to open up with. On a lighter note.  My husband says my big toe looks like a cartoon character that has been hit with a hammer and it is throbbing.  I have also been called Flintstone feet.  So just call me Fred.

Oh poor Christine.  I am sure she has some REALLY good stories on feet!

• rowan47
    rowan47 Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2011

Hello lovely ladies, sorry haven't posted in a while...although do try and catch up on your news most days. I am doing really well, have taken up jogging!! It's amazing how having no boobs makes you run faster!! I am trying to lose "chemo roll", as I call it, and to get generally fit again. My hair is now about an inch long, so "almost" looks like I planned it that way, not just chemo re-growth. Found another smallish lump near the spot where original tumour was...had US and BS thinks it is just fat necrosis and should go away. If not, will need biopsy next month. Had the US 5 weeks ago, but it's still bloody there!!! Anyone know how long fat necrosis takes to go away?? or does it stay??? Also still having a few earthquakes, we had a M5.5 on Saturday night...still a bit scary....

• rowan47
    rowan47 Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2011

P.S. I would welcome any of you as friends on FaceBook. My name is Rowan Reid and my profile picture is the same as the one used on this site :)

• bdavis
    bdavis Member Posts: 3,192
    edited October 2011

Lisa... I LOVE Turks and Caicos... been there twice. Where did you stay?? I stayed at the Sands. We did not have schools of leaping fish though.

• profbee
    edited October 2011

Hey Rowan!  I don't know about necrosis, but I know that scar tissue can stay like that.  Sorry you're having another scare--it just sucks.  Be careful in the earthquakes!  When I was looking for my job, my mentor was like (with her Kentucky accent, Kim!), "I heard you won't move anywhere where they have tornadoes or earthquakes.  WHERE do you think you're moving?!"  Answer:  New Hampshire.  :)  Natural disaster stuff just scares me--I grew up on Long Island (15 miles from NYC) and so I'm still a bit of a city mouse when it comes to some things.  

Now we all can have feet related nicknames.  Fred, Fishy, ooh..I can be Finger Foot.  LOL!!!! 

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    edited October 2011

How was the sands? I have looked into it a few times but in the last few years the flights from Atlanta are crazy expensive.

I stayed both times at beaches. We try to do all inclusives as it is easier than figuring out who owes what at the end of the trip. Beaches is okay. Typical all inclusive. If you were traveling with kids it would be outstanding. Heaven for kids.

I love Grace Bay. What an amazing beach. It's has been a good 6-7 years since I have been. I like to tell people i went before all the celebs discovered it. There are so many spectacular new resorts there now. And pricey - whew. Have you seen the amanyara resort? WOW. Way out ofmy price range, but a girl can dream.

• christine47
    edited October 2011

ok, I am back from dinner.  Drum roll please//// Podiatrist.  I work in a large multispecialty group and do foot and ankle reconstructive surgery, diabetic limb salvage and general podiatry.  I have seem some of most disgusting things.  Last week my nurse took off the sock of a new patient and his toe was in his sock!!  My nurse may need therapy!  My only regret is we did not get a picture.  He was already an amputee on the otherside below the knee, interestingly he was not as shocked as you would think, just ticked off that he was going to need to be admitted to the hospital.  Ok, enough of the foot stuff.

• profbee
    edited October 2011

Christine!  I just put Jack in bed and here I am laughing out loud!  Shhhhhh.  Oh my gosh, that's so funny!  

• kmur
    edited October 2011

Hi Rowan....sorry about the scans....I'm not sure either about the fat...but I do think scar tissue is quite often the issue too....I did not know about the earthquake...I still have not seen the real news...don't know if they reported that here....take care of yourself.

Mamachick..that was my fault about the serios question...I asked about that one so not your fault. I really wondered if you girls talked to them much...my poor husband he does listen quite often,but I think I need to not talk about it as much so that he can find a new normal...sorry if that makes no sense.

So...should the Turks go on my ever increasing bucket list??  That is another place I have not been.

I get cracked up sometimes with the accent ...I actually didn't know I had one until I met a guy from NY...apparently I do.  I don't think I do though. In Kentucky speech though my name is keeeum.....and I'm not making fun of any ones accent...I love Ky accents and any other- Northern as well. i bet some of you northern girls have accents too.

• kmur
    edited October 2011

There you are Christine...Oh my and I thought my garden feet were umm not very pretty....That is funny us going on about our old ugly and big feet!!

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    edited October 2011

Gosh, I've been out all morning and missing all the fun. 

I love pedicures. Especially in summer when wearing open toed shoes or jandals. 

Christine - I don't think I could be a podiatrist. Feet have always grossed me out.  I can't stand it when someone puts their feet close to me.

Loving all the foot stories.

• christine47
    edited October 2011

I think my DH is so over the breast cancer.  He has really never talked about it much, he is not a talker,unlike me.  Thank goodness I have lots of friends, you all, etc.  I still need to talk, laugh about it, show my new boobs (and nips), etc.  Next week I am leading a breast cancer focus group for our hospital, imagining center and cancer center, I am only to lead the group and facilitate questions (I will need to tape my mouth shut).

It is raining a cold here, wish I was on some exotic island now!

• kmur
    edited October 2011

Christine ...great you are doing that....In my case I think my husband really would like to move on from breast cancer...I would too really,but I guess I am still too in the thick of it...in time I will move on I think. Do you ever feel like there must be some reason we have this...I have met so many people since DX and it has really changed me in lots of good ways...Oh and I promise I will not ask any foot advice and I can't believe the toe was not where it was supposed to be. I am happy to not be that nurse...i mean that in a really nice way.

• kiwimum
    edited October 2011

My husband doesn't really want to talk about BC.  As far as he's concerned it's gone, the surgery removed it. I have all these fears about the positive nodes I had but every time I bring it up he dismisses it. I know it's his way of dealing with things and I guess he has just as many fears as me.

Christine I haven't been to any support groups, but having someone like you who can share their experience I think would have been very helpful for me.

• kmur
    edited October 2011

me too kiwimum...everything you just said...me too

• kiwimum
    edited October 2011

It's a good thing we have each other to talk to.