Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Not Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results? Start Here

Options
167891012»

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 871
    Options

Hi @jkint1 , I'm sorry that you have to deal with the stress of a biopsy. Given the relatively small size of the abnormality are you having a stereotactic biopsy? While any invasion of the skin can cause bleeding the thin needle used in that method is less likely to cause a problem than a core biopsy needle which is larger.

Hopefully you will hear from the actual doctor soon. Usually a short stoppage of medication doesn't cause a huge problem but your cardiologist knows your situation. All the best for a benign result. Let us know how it goes.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Hi @jkint1,

We're sorry to hear about all the anxiety you are experiencing while awaiting the results. Waiting is one of the most difficult parts. While Google can certainly be helpful for interpreting information, there simply isn't enough information to confirm your diagnosis yet otherwise the doctor would begin discussing what the next steps are with you (if any). I know it is hard, but some strategies that can help manage anxiety are engaging in grounding techniques, like the body scan exercise. There are also guided meditations that can be helpful. You could try one by Belleruth Naparstek, who is a social worker that has some free short guided meditations available online.

Please let us know once you hear more information from your doctor! We'll be hoping for the best for you. ❤️

• jkint1
    jkint1 Member Posts: 2
    Options

hello all,

Well today is biopsy day . It sure did come quick ! And I know that waiting for the results will be torture .. Just breathe …..

• twisted steel
    twisted steel Member Posts: 14
    Options

I went through the BC hoops over a decade ago. I definitely had/have PTSD from all the treatments. Chemo 1, chemo 2, mastectomy, radiation, chemo 3, hormonal treatment.

Last year, to schedule the annual mammo on the remaining breast, I was ON HOLD for over 40 minutes to schedule before I hung up. (I am Neg for any gene for ANY cancer type they can test for currently. So I didn't try again, I was so pissed about the HOLD time.)

Last month, I got an email offering appointments with a private company (Her Scan) doing ultrasound breast scans in my town. I got an appointment using my phone. No being on hold. Just sign up on the phone. Easy peasy. WHY CAN'T the hospital mammogram people have this????

Now, the reason I am writing here is that they sent me the results and there is a suspicious 1.3cm heterogeneous area. I am usually a pretty calm person. But this has sent me into a tailspin of what ifs and PTSD.

I was considering getting a reconstruction last spring. It would have had to have been a Lat Dorsi w implant situation along with a prophylactic left side mastectomy and implant.

I then got the intensive cancer genetic testing and felt safe that I didn't need the prophylactic and backed away from the idea of having 2 boobs again. I had dreamed of having 2 perky boobs without having to ever wear a bra again in my life once they were healed. (I am currently 60/61 years old). But ultimately decided the risk of lymphedema wasn't worth it. I am 99% of the time walking around half flat.

I am rambling now. I wonder what the new advances are in treatment. My current oncologist doesn't even do cancer markers blood testing anymore. Is neoadjuvent chemo still a thing, or can I just get a mastectomy and be done with it?

Waiting for the oncologist team to call me back or write me on the portal is a new kind of awful since I know what happens moving forward if it's CA. If it's nothing I still think a prophylactic mastectomy is again in my future.