Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited November 2014

Gigil, cute pic of your GS Cole. Thanks for sharing. Bless his heart. I'm glad you found

My description of the bone density helpful. Yes my last few days at the current job is a little stressful. I don't think it's fair that they are letting this girl take over. She's suddenly realizing how overwhelming it will be. I think she's scared. I don't like to see anyone that stressed. But I will get over it and like she said she won't let anyone step all over her and doesn't hold back if she has something to say. I told her more power to her I hope it goes better for her than it did for me.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited November 2014

Brookside, it sure was a treat to have a cup of tea with you...we have met once before and it just seemed like we picked up where we left off.  Thanks again to you and your son for letting me visit.

Gigi, I love the photo of Cole.  He has grown!  What a handsome guy...
    And so nice that you were able to spend that time with your son.  It is my big boys that I do not see or hear from; and I miss them.
    Too bad you couldn't pull off that princess party! I remember how busy you were when you visited there. These little girls are growing up so fast.  
    (edit--I realized that your granddaughter was with you that time.)  The town is quite small...strange that we both have family in this little town!  Maybe some day...our paths will cross!  We were so close in FL!

Janis, I surely relate to all you said about the AI drugs.  Arimidex gave me arthritic joints in my hands that did not go away when I stopped it.  Femara seems to do less of that but my brain is spacey and pain is more generalized.  I am trying out a new cholesterol drug this week.  I am planning to eat better but today didn't go so well!  I think SAB should fly in with some good vegetarian food that I can take to work.  Nerdy  Does anyone know of a good cooking thread here on BCO?

We are expecting the colder air tonight  I am not quite ready for this...will need an extra few minutes to get the ice off the car in the morning. 

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about the photos.  I live for those happy occasions.

Josie, you are so sweet to feel so invested in your replacement...it just shows how well you were doing under the circumstances.  I think if you had a more supportive atmosphere it wouldn't have been so stressful.  As I said before, you will be missed.  When is your first day on the new job full time?  Will your hours allow you to be home early for the kids?  Life is surely busy for you. 

I am finally getting a week end home ... and I don't know where to start. My list is so long....

Mostly Sew, please check in...missing you and of course we worry a bit!  
    Run, hope you are doing well.  You are on the New England gathering list...so free up some possible days!  Do you get more flexible time during winter break?  I am scheduled to work but I have some days coming to me for work I did last summer without pay.
    BigD, are you doing OK this week? 
    April, how are the family members doing? 

Stay warm, everyone, and drive carefully.  I saw many accidents today in very heavy rain.  The busy road I take to work was closed all afternoon for a serious accident investigation. 

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...it is a day that everyone can celebrate without noting our differences.  I hope we can all take time to enjoy our blessings and be grateful.  I wish there were no stores open...we need time set aside for family time and rest. 

Have a good Tuesday!

• joan811
    edited November 2014

We are on page 400 on this thread..and just a few posts shy of 12,000!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited November 2014

Joan - wow, you are a very busy lady, mom, GM! Enjoy the quite time...Thanksgiving :D love the princess party. Yes, our milestones postings pages a special thread in our lives <3

Josie - yippee the new position! No regrets all smiles:))) stay safe

Brookside - thanks for sharing pics...wish we all could meet up and have our own mini retreat! Looking at snow forecast you NE gals stay cozy warm!

April & RunFree - how are hubby's?

GiGil - sweet Cole! Happy move in time...new home new memories :)))

Bunkie - hope 2015 is the last of your family home and you relocate to warm less toxic area!

Janis - AI :( see my mo in Dec will discuss...and than Zometa infusion schedule for Jan. Cakeballs please pumpkin spice!

SAB - organic holiday recipes yum! ED must have got ton the foodie gene from her mom:))) how the hiking?

Charger - BRR! Stay warm put another log on warm the backside:)))

Today is flu shot! Have put it off until we returned to CA. Now all the dr appointments start...grr. My 2 yr cancerversary is 12/17 started with bad mamo on 11/7 and then...the ball kept rolling, but then there would not be all of you Radies :D

Thankful for all of you!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

Lemon - where are you!

Sew - where are you!

BigD - praying for you!

Shout out to the missing voices...and missing our Kate.

• joan811
    edited November 2014

I am also missing kate.

Cindy-2 years is a big milestone as you move away from BC treatments.

Sorry your days are filled up with medical appointments.

Cold here in 20s.

Stay warm everyone!

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2014

Lovely picture of Cole, Gigi.  He sure looks like a sweety! 

Cindy, my cancerversary is the day before Thanksgiving.  I guess it's never going to be a date, but rather a pre-holiday event.  I have my two-year checkup, 3D mammo and BS, on 12/17.  Will sure be thinking of you. And I love that you've dubbed us radies!

I have a "reasonable accomodation" for next year that says I only have to produce 60% of the normal commission goal.  This year it was 50%, and I hit that goal a month ago, so no end of year stress for 2014!  I'm not making enough $$$, of course, but at least I don't have to worry about being given the old heave ho.  And they have to be nice to me!

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited November 2014

Early Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends.  I will be off grid, in Mexico, for a couple of weeks. Busy, busy, but you are all in my thoughts.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2014

Cindy and Brookside....I know you ladies will both do great with your tests.  Two years out is fantastic.  All good wishes headed to you both, and plenty of love, luck and hugs always. 

70charger enjoy every minute of that time off the grid.  Mexico will be so warm compared to Alberta, you'll never want to come home.  I hope you have a warm and wonderful vacation.  Bring home pictures, and many happy memories.

Trying to stay warm here.  Not enjoying this very early very frigid week of winter.  We have not been above freezing in many days. 

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited November 2014

Joan - wow 12k? We do a lot of talking/visiting. Haha.

Christmas is my fav holiday but I like Thanksgiving too. It's when I esp miss my Mom and Dad. My mother decorated for every holiday so I do the same. She was a great cook but I didn't inherit that, good thing DH is.

We have 2 Thanksgiving dinners - 1 at DH's sisters house and 1 at my brother's. We are bringing the main course this year. Fried Turkey - so good. .So many family members now. 2 new babies. FIL is 90. Wish my brother who has ostracized us would come around. Not likely but still hope and pray.

Friday after Thanksgiving is our annual football game. Every year for as long as I can remember. Such a fun tradition.

This is a time we all count our blessings. I miss Kate too.

Diane

• joan811
    edited November 2014

Hi Diane, thanks for sharing your TG plans.  The football sounds fun and necessary after two dinners!
    I hope your brother will show up one of these holidays or in between....life is too short to put thing off.

Charger, have a wonderful trip to Mexico and we will keep your place warm here....bring back some sunshine! 

Janis, will you see any of your family this holiday season?  I surely hope so. 
    I did understand what you mentioned about your son, that he is safe in his job for now.  It is just unsettling that the industry is undergoing stress.  I wonder if it is the low prices right now, or just the high cost of doing business.  I just hope they can find work where they are at. 
    What are you baking this week?  I am not feeling creative at all....

More soon....only 6 more night classes!  Yay!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited November 2014

Good morning Radies! (Cindy, too cute!)

Just a quick hello on my way to the shower before work. Wanted to share a new photo of Aubrey Emma snoozing in her stroller/carriage without a care in the world.

• brooksidevt
    edited November 2014

Night classes when it's cold and dark?  Ickkkkk!  Maybe you could play hookey and join Charger in Mexico?  So glad there are only six cold and dark left, Joan.  I hope you have a nice long winter break.

April, Emma is gorgeous!  And so mature!  If I didn't know better, I'd think she was six months old. Happy grandma-ing!

• justmejanis
    edited November 2014

April little Emma is beautiful.  What a sleeping beauty!

Joan no family again for the holidays this year.  It makes it tough to stay cheerful but I do try.  DH won't let me ignore the holidays.  We don't do gifts, but we will put a tree up and put some decorations around the house.  I also will make cake balls for neighbors as well as a few other Christmas goodies.  I make marzipan candy and a divine taffy cookie filled with red and green icing.  I don't do a huge variety but try to make pretty trays for everyone.  I'll make some chocolate covered almonds and a couple other things.  I do enjoy doing that so much. 

Diane your holidays sound so fun and festive!   All of you surrounded by family are so blessed.  Embrace the love! 

• april485
    edited November 2014
    thanks everyone! Yes, she is a beautiful baby but her "middle" name is Emma! Her name is Aubrey Emma...and my bet is they shorten Aubrey to "Brie" before she is 3 years old...LOL
  • edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited November 2014

I am blessed Janis...have to know what is marzipan candy? You are so creative with your goodies. I am sorry family wont be with you but you and DH have each other.

April - she is just precious.

Thanks Joan. I just can't imagine being alone for the holidays but maybe, hopefully he isn't even if it isn't with his family. Just breaks my heart but sadly its his choice. As a family we do cherish the time we do have together. I have lost 2 brothers and my parents so the rest of us need to remain as close as we can. I was pleasantly surprised I received an early birthday present from my daughter. We have an on again, off again relationship but she made the effort and I am grateful for that. I miss her girls and little boy. Hopefully we can reconnect and make it last.

Have a good weekend everyone...friend is treating me to birthday lunch tomorrow. My second and DH, DS and I are dining out tomorrow night and Sat night. Hey I am loving this birthday week not day...haha.

Diane

• josie123
    edited November 2014

April, Aubrey is so cute.!! What a head of hair!! I'll bet she had some indigestion during her pregnancy(her mom ).

Diane, glad your birthday week has been good. That's great it has turned into a birthday week. Sorry about your brother. It hurts when family can't get along or chose to not come to holidays or gatherings. My brother in law and sister in law don't get along either. I tolerate my sister in law but barely. Remember she is my husband's boss. She's very controlling and in my opinion doesn't know how to run a business.

Joan, night classes.....no fun. You work too hard. Rest up over the holidays.

Janis, cake balls yummy. I wish we lived closer. I would pay you for some.

I had a rough morning. Woke up with a headache. Got to work and found out that the MA in internal med is still out sick with the flu so they took one of our MAs. We were swamped too. I was kind of thrown into the trenches and it was sink or swim. I did great apparently. Even the doctor told me what a great job I did.

We actually got out of there early tonight. The doctors were happy. I was happy but exhausted. I also found out the other younger MA she's only 25 is unhappy and ready to quit. I think she just has issues with authority. She just has had a lot of jobs since graduating from her program . I couldn't be any happier and am trying not to let her bad attitude bring me down. I think she may be a little jealous possibly because I work so hard and have no problem with authority.

Tommorow is my last day at my old job. Yay. They are going to miss me. I hope my replacement can hack it.

• josie123
    edited November 2014

• josie123
    edited November 2014

• brooksidevt
    edited November 2014

Congratulations on your last day, Josie; I'm so happy for you.  I'm sure your replacement will have the same issues as you, and, maybe when that unhappy MA moves on, she'll come join you at the new practice.  Or maybe those managers' management style will be under some well-deserved scrutiny.  Meanwhile, shake the dust off your sandals and party, party, party!

Good gracious.  Joan, wasn't it you who pointed out how many pages we've filled here?  Just looked, and now we're on page 400 with 11,988 posts.  Should we consider rebranding on a new thread?

• april485
    edited November 2014

Just let me know if you MOVE! Ha!

Josie, I am soooo happy you are finally leaving that hell hole.

Am at work as usual so a drive by as usual.

Brookside/Joan, wish I was able to meet up with you...let me know if you are coming anytime during the next few months. Sooner or later, I am going to be able to make it!

Hugs to all! xoxo

• brooksidevt
    edited November 2014

Well, April sometime around Christmas I'll be heading south again, and Harford (and its traffic) is always on my route. 

• april485
    edited November 2014

Great...let me know! I have the day after Xmas off if you are around then. Doctor appt at 8:00am (yearly physical which I forgot to schedule in Sept! and this was all they had that isnt 2015!) so after that, I am free!

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited November 2014

Oh My Gosh you guys, I blinked and it seems like 20 pages went by! I apologize for going missing, I've been wondering how everyone is. Joan811 prompted me out of my hibernation. I've been generally well, some health issues as we all have and right now my Mom has a severe infection on her lower leg which is taking lots of time but in general I've been great. Oh, and I've now got 3 years clean....I count my "cancerversary" from the day I finished rads instead of the day of surgery, so....11/3 was my date.

April, How's Dad? It's so hard to see our parents aging before our eyes. Is your hubby any better? Will his job lift his spirits any? And Aubrey Emma is just a beautiful baby, so sweet, innocent and so much hair!

Janis.....ya gotta stop with those cake ball pics, gal, I gain 5 lbs just looking at them, they are so beautiful. Anyone who receives those as a gift truly know they've received something from the heart. It seems as though both you and your hubby are well, so that's good.

Sab.....I was sorry to hear about your scare about the pancreas mass, but very very glad to hear you got the all clear. Your family get together sounds delightful and up here we've had 2 nice days of rain, over an inch, which at least makes it feel as though we're not in this severe drought.....if you don't look at the lakes and streams all running dry and ignore the bucket to catch the shower water so you can flush the toilet when necessary.....you know the drill I'm sure. Are you still editing your book?

Cindy, so, have you made it to your winter abode? I'm so sorry hubby is having such a hard time and that he's had to go thru infusions etc. all over again. It's time you both got some relief from all that stress. Doggie Day Care for people perhaps? Go and play, dance, sing, enjoy.....oh right, you managed to do that with your retreat, good for you girl, you need it!

Gigil......how do you manage so many homes. I'm sure I'd leave half my belongings in the wrong place! However the sound of the condo near your DD and Grands sounds just perfect, and of course Florida in the winter is perfect too....so good plan. I'm not sure how you got it all done in just over a month, but yes, sit back, relax and enjoy.

Joan, busy busy busy as always but at least you're almost done with night classes. Thanks for prompting me to come out and play

Josie....yippiee a new job, got rid of that crummy old negative job, more money, things are looking good. Now to just teach your DD#2 how to help with dishes!

BigD...I've been worried about how you're doing and I see you're still giving it your all. You are a very strong fighter and I'm hoping you can get thru this with peace and dignity. Your cousin's (?) information about this previously unnamed gene that all the women in your family have along with all of you having BC is really quite interesting. I'm just so sorry that all of you had it.

RunFree...I'm so sorry about this new mass, albeit small, on hubby's bladder. This is indeed a very stressful time for all of you, and you've been facing so many challenges since your BC diagnosis. Are you able to find any time to write? The only help I can offer is to take it one day at a time, take time to smell the roses when you can, and keep on running......((()))

Bunkie...Oh Boy, a boy toy for the winter. That's great. And the MRI is out of the way. It didn't answer as many questions as you wanted, but at least you don't have the guilt feeling about not getting it done. I can relate to your dizzy episodes....I had a very severe case of vertigo several weeks ago. I could barely move my eyes much less my head and we won't even mention going from upright to a prone position. I finally bit the bullet and did the head movement tricks which in itself cause me to be so dizzy it felt like I would fall off the bed. But, it worked, Had to do them 4 different times, but was able to get rid of it. In my case, near as I can figure, I think it was brought on my dehydration and stress. I can fix the dehydration issue easily enough! Anyway, my vote is get that house on the market, don't redo the floors you won't get much if any return on the dollar and will just be opening a can of worms.....just get that house gone.

Redheaded...thanks for the shout out, hope you're doing well.

And everyone else that I've missed.....I am thinking of each of you.

Happy Holidays to all of you

Love, Mostly Sew (who has actually been trying to spend time daily in her studio sewing)

• justmejanis
    edited November 2014

Sew it was wonderful to hear from you.  I am happy you are well and you passed your three year cancerversary.  I passed mine too....we are so close together with our dates.  Your sewing studio sounds wonderful and I am happy to hear you are getting to spend some time there.  I hope your Mom's leg improves very soon.  I know that can be scary.  I will be doing my Christmas cake balls soon you know!  I wish I could send some to all of you.  Postage is a killer!  :(

Josie I am so glad this is your last day at the old job.  I know how great that has to feel.

Diane marzipan candy is simple, made with almond paste and sugar of course.  I roll them into small balls and dip them in dark chocolate.  We had See's candy sometimes growing up, and my Grandma always had it when we came to visit.  The one pound box only has on marzipan in it and we both loved it.  Funny both of my sons adored it too.  So I learned to make it and I send them all marzipan for Christmas. 

Brookside and April I hope you manage to get together soon.  How fun!

• josie123
    edited November 2014

Thanks for all my we wishes.I was hurt a little today because they stopped buying lunch for your last day just as I gave my notice. But they did buy me a sheet cake that said "we will miss you JoAnn" .

My exit interview went well and I was asked to finish any phone calls in my task bin.

They sent my replacement to finish the rest of the day.I was still there at 5:10pm. I had a few things to finish up in my office.

Good riddance is what I say.

• justmejanis
    edited November 2014

Josie I am sorry you didn't get a nice lunch for your last day.  Still, the cake was a nice touch.  I assume your real name is JoAnn?  Otherwise not so special LOL!  I think now you have the opportunity to start fresh with this new job and I bet you will shine.  They do sound like a much more positive bunch of people.  I hope it stays that way and this is a job you will enjoy for years to come.  I am so happy for you.  Happy hugs!

It is finally thawing here.  Yesterday we got above freezing for the first time in nine days.  Yeah!  If this keeps up we should be able to resume walking the boyz in a day or so.  We are all tired of being housebound.  The ice and snow has been so thick.  I am petrified of falling.

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2014

I have a new baby at my house too---Meet Esmerelda.  (her shelter name was Jade) She is  1 year old Lynx Color Point Siamese. I got her from Cattails Feline Rescue--they had her for 3 months and didn't know anything more about her.  She is quite the kitty--timid, but getting more comfortable, very playful, very loving.  I thought after Little Bit died in August that I would never have another--but I visited her three times at the Pet store and on the day they did adoptions, I went back with my cat carrier.  The Vet that handled everything emailed me and said that night she had 4 people call to see if she was still available.   

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited November 2014

Hi y'all

Diane - Happy Birthday...yes a day, a week, a months celebration sounds appropriate...Bday girl :)))

Sew - yippee! We've missed you! Congrats on 3yr cancerversary :))) can see you in your sewing circle singing and sewing :)))

April - Brie is so beautiful...so sweet. Sending good thoughts for hubby and dad

Josie - congrats on a clean exit! Bask in the new position it's time!

Brookside&Joan - love the meet up pic:)

BigD - thinking of you...check in when you are able.

Lemon - missing you!

Pup has not adjusted to CA time so we are up early:((( behind a gate is noisy Hubby is not doing well. Started infusions again...dr spoke of scan done at USC earlier this year and 2 spots in pelvic area and 1 lungs...hubby last night said he thinks he has mets...gosh think we both thought it, but it was hard to verbalized...hoping we get some answers this week, but imagine December will be a busy month. Oh, tears a card I sent to Kate was returned in my mailbox...oh, how I hate cancer:(((

Shout out to all

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• april485
    edited November 2014

((((((Cindy))))) Your last paragraph really threw me! I am so sorry that hubby thinks it is mets. I will keep him in my thoughts and send healing energy your way. Also, Kate...so sad. I hate cancer too! xoxo

So, as for my hubby. He had his follow up with the blood onc and still have no answers so he ordered a full body CT scan for Dec. 2nd. Hubby seems to finally grasp that this could be potentially something serious. He lost another 6 pounds since August and now he is down 40 lbs since May without trying...scary..very scary. I don't know what the heck is up with him. He is still very anemic but they can't figure out why but he has tons of energy! Weird cause he says he feels fine.

Anyway, dinner is ready so have to run.

Love to all my radies! xo

PS Dad is home finally!

• josie123
    edited November 2014

April and Cindy, HIm so sorry your husbands aren't doing well. I will keep them in my prayers. Sounds like both are mysterious.

Janis, yes the secrets out my real name is JoAnn but my family calls me Josie.

Thanks for the good thoughts on the new job. I'm hoping it's a forever job. The one MA seems unhappy. I try not to listen. She's young and seems to have had several jobs since graduating. I on the other hand couldn't be happier.

Busy afternoon of shopping. Oh how I hate shopping. My neck has been out of place and hurting since I woke up yesterday morning. So I haven't gotten a lot accomplished this weekend. But DD needed a new coat. Next time I will leave the purse in the car. I will stop whining now.

Redheaded, what a cute cat. She's Beautiful. Thanks for sharing her pic.