Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Canadians in British Columbia

Options

Comments

• MrsMom2
    MrsMom2 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hello everyone, anyone stage 3 ILC in Langley?

best to all

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2012
    Options

Welcome MrsMom2 You should check out

Canadian connection  calling all Canadian women... an exellent tread with lots of great women

• cat61
    cat61 Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi everyone ! I finally found this thread, duh..... Anyway Hi Ashley and welcome. 

I love this site, it has helped me so much.

She, I am in to as well for the meet. I'm in Maple Falls WA but lived in BC lower mainland for over 34 years. I moved to Langley BC when I was 13. Lived in Abbotsford for at least 23 years. Let me know when and were and Ill be there. 

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited June 2012
    Options

If there is a get together on the lower mainland, I'd love to join in.   I don't post here much anymore, I'm trying to wean myself off BCO. :)  Welcome to all the newcomers, I'm sorry you have to be here, but the women here are wonderful & supportive & have all kinds of information that you just don't get from the medical community.

• She
    She Member Posts: 131
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi Mrs Mom, and GG27    Welcome  There are a few of us Lower Mainlanders here, and we're planning a get together when I'm home from my business trip.  Everyone within travelling distance is welcome, there's no friends like Breastfriends! 

We've also been invited to Skype with our Ontario Sisters when they get together some time this summer.  It will be great to 'meet' them.

I guess I have the dubious distinction of being our BC 'senior' (lolz) member.  I'm celebrating my 16th Cancerversary this month.  My 11th was in February and my 3rd is coming up in September.  I've managed to cram 30 cancer years into 16 calendar years!

Ossa, Catno and Gumshoe how are y'all doing this weekend?

Suz, missing you and hope you post soon.

It's early evening here on the other side of the world and dinner calls :)

• cat61
    edited June 2012
    Options

She , what is wrong with Suz ? I missed something !

I'm doing fine, enjoying not having any bandage trappings anymore! I cant wait to see my oncologist on the 5th ! Just taking it easy and trying to get back into my yoga and step ups to shed some of this sitting on my butt weight!

Have a good dinner She. 

• Ossa
    edited June 2012
    Options

She.. Hope you get to enjoy yourself on your business trip..

I am having a great weekend.. Met friends I had not seen in over a year for lunch today.. All moms from when our kid were in elementary school Youngest of the kids are now 26.. we try to get together at least once a year as we don't all live in the Fraser valley any more.. Worked out great as one friend was coming down from Salmon arm for the weekend.. We were talking and laughing having a great time and before we knew it three hours had passed.. It is a great group of ladies and we have always been there for each other as we have all gone thru hard times.. ( one lost her son in a car accident and now her husband is blind b/c diabetes, one lost her husband to heart disease, two divorced. Me when my son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and my breast cancer diagnosis) We might not see each other all the time, but are always there for each other..That is what i call true friend.. Love these ladies

Tonight I am going to have dinner with my DS and his GF as my DH is out of town. Look forward to it

Look forward to or get together. will be nice to meet everyone

Have a great weekend

• cat61
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Ossa, wow it sounds like you had a wonderful time. With good friends like that you are truly blessed ! I hope you have a nice dinner with your DS and his GF. Smile
  • She
    edited June 2012
    Options

Catno, Suz was in considerable pain and hasn't posted for a while.  We hope she's taking a break and will come back to post when she feels up to it.

When we all meet we can share contact info, having a 'buddy' system like you have with Ossa is so supportive.

Ossa what fun!  Some friendships are like that, it doesn't matter if it'sa month or a year, you just pick right up like it was yesterday.  I hope your dinner was fun.  Mine was!

• cat61
    edited June 2012
    Options

Suz, wow I am so sorry to hear that you have had it so bad, I hope you feel better soon. I will be waiting to hear from you soon. You will be in my thoughts.

She, Ossa is so great ! Yes gathering contact info would be a great idea!

I actually got out today and cut the back yard. I took my time and was very carefull. I have been stretching and using my left arm more . Surgeon said to start doing this on a daily basis so I am. I got some really good stretching ideas from this site, they seem to work fine. I am a little anxious to get going on getting back into a routine of working out. I know thats a long way off, but dh and docs and myself keep reminding me to cool it and take my time!!!

Its hard right now because I feel better and mentally better to so I have to watch myself. Foot in mouth

I see oncologist on Tuesday so hopefully will get a plan of action, get going on my treatment. I want to see if its possible for me to go back to work and do treatment. I guess will depend on the type and length of treatment. hmmmm.......  

• She
    edited June 2012
    Options

Catno how was your onc app't?

Ossa, how long will you have to wear the heart monitor?

• Ossa
    edited June 2012
    Options

She.. Don't know details yet. will get all that in about a week.. Hoping just 24 hours

• cat61
    edited June 2012
    Options

She, The oncologist told me that I will  be able to just take hormone inhibitors and no chemo ! Hes having one more test done on my tumor and if it shows the same rate of recurrence then I'm onto my treatment of inhibitors at the end of June. No rads because of mastectomy. Because the tumor was so small and the margins were so clean, node negative he figures chemo would be over kill.  I was jumping for joy after the visit. Laughing

I went to the surgeons today for my first fill up..... didn't expect it to hurt so much when he was filling me up. He had to press on the port and it felt like he was grinding his fist into my chest..... it was very painful. But after it was filled it didn't hurt anymore, just a little tight. That feeling is gone now, its about two and half hours later and I feel fine. He only put one fill in, next time I want two.Undecided

I felt like a baby but man, next time Im taking pain killers before going, maybe that will help. Now I am anxious to fill it up and replace it lol.......  

• gumshoe
    gumshoe Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi everyone -- just popped over here after ranting on the Canadian thread about my long wait for surgery. Our government seems to have endless dollars for SO many things, but healthcare never seems to be at the top of the list when they are handing out money -- only when they're cutting back. Very frustrating!

She, hope your trip is going well, or as well as business trips can go :) Sounds like your days are opposite to ours! 

Oh and Catno -- You've had your first fill already? Wow! I think I'd be taking a painkiller before that too... 

• cat61
    edited June 2012
    Options

Gumshoe, I got up today and there isn't anymore tightness and I feel normal again. I feel silly about the pain at injection site, I feel like running back and saying fill me up again ! But Ill wait till next fill up. Its nice to know Im on the road to normalcy , at least with my breast recon.

Going to go see some people at work who are leaving to go to a new store tomorrow. I will miss them. But looking forward to seeing everyone Smile 

• Tazzy
    Tazzy Member Posts: 1,442
    edited June 2012
    Options

Good evening.  I just found this thread and recognise some of you from the Canadian Connection thread.    Still finding out so much about these boards and still learning about my BC and different treatments I may have down the road, especially mastectomies....  Glad to have found you all. 

From a very wet soggy Okanagan.

• Ossa
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Hi TazzySmile
  • gumshoe
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi everyone -- I get confused between this thread and the Canadian thread! 

catno, too funny about the "fill me up again". Good to hear the pain didn't last too long. I'm definitely taking note of all these things for my upcoming surgery Smile

• MissAngie
    MissAngie Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Hello there - just wanted to say "hi" from Vancouver.  I hope you all are having a good Friday Laughing
  • Ossa
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi MissAngie.. Sorry you have to be here but welcome to the B.C. BC girls  Check out "the Canadian Connection    Calling all Canadian women" as well

• cat61
    edited June 2012
    Options
    gumshoe,  I'm glad you liked that, I am looking forward to getting another fill up. It means I'm closer to finishing my journey, but don't let my experience taint your thoughts. Everyone is different and even though it was partly painful i cant let that stop my progress. Laughing
  • Tazzy
    Tazzy Member Posts: 1,442
    edited June 2012
    Options

Just thought I'd check in and say hi to everyone...been quiet on this thread.

Hoping all are having the best possible days they can, those in tx hope any SE's are being kind to you.  

Looks like we have a lovely sunny BC day - least that's how the OK is at the mo - hope the sun is shining where you are.

Peace and hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• She
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hey Tazzy!  Hi right back! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Ossa, Catno, Gumshoe, Miss Angie & Everyone else .. I hope y'all have a great day too!

• cat61
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi She, Tazzy, Ossa and Gumshoe .... it is a steller day here in Maple Falls, WA, sun is shining and its gorgeous out !!!!! Whent into Bellingham for blood work today and the drive was awesome Laughing

Gumshoe, I went for another fill up yesterday and had two needles both 60 cc full put in, and it didn't hurt at all....... The surgeon mentioned that once it has a fill up in it the port will rise up from the wall of my chest so when he goes to fill it up again, there is some cushion there. So he put 120 cc in yayayayaya I was so happy. I now have a little bigger booby and its starting to look like Sponge Bob Square Pants lololol....... its great!!!!! I should have another 3 - 4 fill ups probably 3 then I will get my perma floob.......Surprised

My appointment for the oncologist was changed yesterday because the test they were doing on my tumor wasn't in yet and I needed to go for blood work, that I forgot about .... where's my memory gone ??? So I have to wait till 19th next month....... oh well..... I am so anxious to start my hormone treatments. 

• Ossa
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hello ladies.. I had to work all dayCry What a waist of a gorgeous day.. Catno missed you today.. I was nuts.. Suits coming in checking progress. Look forward to Friday being done..

She.. are you back from your world travels? 

So I am having another Muga scan Friday and then possibly Hercptin treatment on Tuesday.. I also get my heart monitor on tuesday.. Should make for an interesting heart monitor read.. Tihihi.. Wonder how long it wil take before I get called in to (oops was going to say gynecologist, but that's the wrong end) cardiologist for follow up.. Told Mo I was having heart monitor same day so they will have to sort it out

Had message on machine when I got home saying there was three Mugas booked. Yikes I am going to glow soon.. Have to call back tomorrow as they were closed when I got home today

• gumshoe
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi everyone -- I'm just climbing out from underneath my rock but too tired to read everything. I ended up getting Clostridium difficile (c. diff) last week. Yes, I can't believe it either. I updated on the Canadian thread too but I finally got a surgery date -- July 5! I guess my visit to my surgeon reminded her that I was still out there :)

Now I just have to see whether they will even DO the surgery with my latest complications. 

catno, very glad to hear the latest fill-ups didn't hurt as much -- that's great news! Hahaha re SpongeBob: my day will come! Maybe mine will look more like Patrick, his pet snail.

She, are you back "home" yet? Hope you had a good trip. Bet your clock is messed up!

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi everyone,

I'm from Vancouver Island and just found this thread. Hope everyone is well. Does anyone know how Suz is doing?

Today I had the 15th of 25 radiations in Victoria, and I am almost done with treatment except for Tamoxifen. Was diagnosed on Dec.19 with IDC and endometrial cancer, had a hysterectomy in Nanaimo on Dec. 29 , a left mastectomy with TE placed on Feb. 7 in Victoria, started chemo on March 7, and finished on May 7 in Nanaimo. These last six months have been a wild rollercoaster, but the end is in sight. Although I haven't posted much, these forums have given me hope and courage when I needed it. Nobody understands like someone who is in the exact same position. I am so grateful to all of you. Thanks, and hugs to all!

• She
    edited June 2012
    Options

Oh Gumshoe, c.diff is no fun. I hope you get it cleared up quickly, take care of yourself.

Canto enjoy your extra time before hormonals!

Ossa, oh my! 3 mugas and a heart monitor together! At least you're getting them all over with at the same time.

I'm still away, my 10 day trip is into week 6 lol. I'm definitely coming back before month end, and am soooo happy to hear the weather has improved.

• gumshoe
    edited June 2012
    Options

Liefie, you have really been through a lot. Wow. Glad to hear you're almost finished with rads!

She, yes, it has been a nasty week. Also? The weather improves for only 5 minutes at a time so you might want to stay another couple of weeks! There's flood warnings in parts of Chilliwack and north Langley. Ossa, hope it's not affecting you.

• Ossa
    edited June 2012
    Options

Gumshoe. The flood warning only affects me a little as I do live by the river, but on a mountain, so it will be the road home that will be effected.. I will need to go around the mountain the other way (one exit further no big deal) Only abourt a 10 min extra drive to work, Water was just hitting the road yesterdday so i expect they will close the road today

Gumshoe I commented on your surgery on the other tread so will not bore you with repeat comments..

Lifie, glad you found this tread..

I did some searching and found Suz on facebook.. She is currently in the hospital, she is figthing hard, please send her healing vibes everyone.. She was hoping to be able to go home this weekend.. Sending her gentle hugs and healing vibes

Oops gotta go to work, going to be late see you all later