Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

CONSTIPATION--problem with so many of our drugs

Options

Comments

• JudiH
    JudiH Member Posts: 1,168
    Options

Sas, thanks for the hearty chuckle and smile. I thought it was really cute and I think I'll try it on "certain" guests at my next get together.

• JudiH
    Options

Sas, Metamucil is working great. I'm going to keep this up and add bit by bit each day!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Judi, Is your doc available by phone? I wish he had given you better instructions. If you can get ahold of him ask if it's okay to resume the Metamucil. It likely is, BUT>>>>> The reason no repeat stool for three weeks is the Quinacrine is still doing it's magic. We know he didn't want any drug that was immediately in the GI tract to be absorbed, I have no clue if the Metamucil has any impact now.  Sorry I didn't think of this before.

BTW I have family in Kitchner, Oshawa, and Haliburton, Lindsay, Peterborough. Then way out in Vancouver and Alberta :) Glad you survived the winter. I know ya'll got hit hard.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,172
    Options

Oh yea - my laugh for the day. Thanks for sending.

• JudiH
    Options

Sas, amazing that you have family everywhere in Canada. Do you see them often. I have only added Metamucil (teaspoon) to my yogurt in the morning. Dr. just said no metamucil while taking the drug. But I've been thinking along the same lines as you so I'm going to stop. I know the drug has worked has I have no aftermath of carrying the parasite.

I didn't experience the whole winter as I left for vacation in South Africa for 3 1/2 weeks, got home then off to B.C. for 3 1/2 weeks. Only when I got home was it "cold" but no snow. Then in late November of this year, I'm off for a month and 1/2 in Florida. Now that's the way to spend winter.

• minustwo
    Options

Judi - How neat you're going to Florida. Where will you be? And don't you have a trip to BC again this summer? I'm sooooo jealous!!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Judi, I'm In Florida--across from the space center-------Titusville/ Cocoa area---east coast. Spookiesmom is in Dunedin--west cost. We have been known to travel to see folks.  My Mom was from Lindsay--------her siblings kids are all over. I haven't been up there since 2004. Where you going?

YAY Quinicarine(sic and I don't care LOL). NO problems after All this time. Tell your infectious disease doc he is being blessed by many people! How many ID doc's didn't get this? Gawd you must be feeling like your in heaven? I've been working a problem from RAI131 treatment for thyroid cancer for one year and I'm either at the final stage of permanent healing or in maintenance phase. It'll be a few weeks before I'll declare healing------time---I must have patience. At one point with this problem I seriously prayed to die. Within a few moments I had a thought of what to do---unorthodox. I did it and healing began.......A prayer answered.

• JudiH
    Options

Sas, I don't know where I'm exactly heading in Florida - dh knows but I'll find out. All I know is that the owners live in a condo on Riverstrand or it is called that. I truly hope that your are in the final stages of healing. Funny how we think, eh? I remember when I got my diagnosis I decided I wanted to live and would do everything in my power to do so. I also remember that I needed to fill my bucket list when I realized it was empty. So I quit smoking, starting exercising and I thought I was watching what I ate but this was a myth. But I've got that under control now. So you must have known that you also needed to fill your bucket list. God bless and speedy recovery. BTW, I've only been to Lindsay once in my life but it is beautiful. It what's we call north/east/west of the City "God's country" as it is so beautiful. I truly can't say south of the City as that would put us in Lake Ontario!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Okey dokey Judi--look us up if you come our way. Lindsay is the quintessential small town with the town center. :)

• JudiH
    Options

Sas, just want you to know that french fries "work wonders" on the system. Golf today (extremely wind and cold) and after the 9th hole went to the clubhouse for a sandwich and coffee. We all agreed to share some french fries and when I came home "nature called". I guess until I do the stool sample, this should be my "go to food" rather then Metamucil?

I will definitely look you girls up!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

funny judi, just the other day Equate nutritional drink did that to me. I thought I should write about food triggers lol---You GO Girl.

• JudiH
    Options

Sas, you should write about food triggers! I know that french fries work for me - must be the grease. After my cancer treatment was finished I was sooooo blocked up from all the drugs. I remember eating a few french fries and I could hardly make it home. I don't need a lot just a few (o.k. more then a few) and voila!

• minustwo
    Options

French fries!! What used to keep me regular was Gin & Tonics, with lime of course. Tried one tonight.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Not much more to say about food triggers lol. You eat and it causes you to go without having other problems.... put it on the list......

I suppose, avoid eating two triggers at a time.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

MT, hey buddy, maybe beer for me

• JudiH
    Options

O.K. you two! Too funny for me - coffee and a smoke first thing in the morning did it for me! Maybe that's why I'm not regular - no smoking! MT, I drink tequila and nothing for me. Maybe I should switch!

• minustwo
    Options

Oh Judi - we need to post this on the smoking thread. Smoking keeps you regular??? LOL

• JudiH
    Options

That MinusTwo and "wine gums". I'm loving that.

No, we can't post my other comment on the smoking thread. We don't want smokers to continue or ex-smokers go back due to constipation. We have Sas for this problem. Thank you Sas!

• minustwo
    Options

Oh well - it is amusing tho.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Hmm that's a hell of a note. (giggling) 'We have Sas for this problem' A little bit of SAS will keep you regular. Is SAS better taken in the morning or evening. I suggest in the morning with warm lemon water. But coffee will work too!

I posted this on my social thread today, No one commented or got the double entendre. It was too good to waste." I spent allot of time this week on the port& constipation thread. Too much time on the Constipation thread---we got a bit silly. Way silly. Nice to end up that way though with everything coming out well in the end."

I knew YOU guys would get it.

• minustwo
    Options

LOL!!

• JudiH
    Options

Ha, ha, ha! Love it!

• art15
    art15 Member Posts: 7
    Options

My wife had a emergency appendectomy in 2007 after her first chemo, (IDC/ILC Stage 2B) ate a piece of El Pollo chicken dry white meat, it could not pass, it won't happen this time --after 8 years, she has a new bc.

She's had IBS since-- but 3 things have proved invaluable:

1 .acidophiles capsules (the ones from health food store that are refrigerated )to build up the natural enzyme action in the intestine

2. RiteAid sells a fiber that she said is much more gentle either-way than Metamucil brand here is link:

https://shop.riteaid.com/rite-aid-pharmacy-fiber-s...

3. Source Naturals Essential Enzymes digestive aid 500 mg 120 caps: from Amazon

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Thanks Art for coming back, I was concerned about why you deleted. This is a thread of suggestions.. Thanks for your input. If you see stuff in the future that may help others, please add it. We have been a bit goofy in the recent past or passing. It's just the going of the thread.

• sas-schatzi
    Options

Oh Art----------I can't help Myself If there's a phrase that allows a double entendre I'll work it.

• minustwo
    Options

As in "work it on out"....? ha ha

• sas-schatzi
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CRKnP_gTBI

Oh well.........................CELEBRATE , CELEBRATE---DANCE TO THE MUSIC

• minustwo
    Options

Oh SAS - where ever did you find that?

We may not be talking about "life changing" solutions all the time, but at least we don't have to remember to come in and 'bump' to keep the thread active.

• JudiH
    Options

Love the video Sas. Just glad you didn't superimpose my name on one of the dancing divas!

• sas-schatzi
    Options

MT, the internet knows all LOL. I think I used keyword Celebration and constipation. I've amused myself at times of just putting in weird combinations of keywords, just to see what it pulls ;)

Have a nice day and memorial