Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Scary BC tumor removal photos

Options

Comments

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    edited April 2012
    Options

Chilli~

I do not have any words of wisdom,  I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you...

Hugs.

• chillipadi
    chillipadi Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2012
    Options

Wow, there's been a lot of pain since I started Adriamycin last Wednesday. It was so bad yesterday that I could barely move. I hope this means that the chemo is killing the cancer cells. I felt so nauseaous that I thought I would throw up, then I remembered I still had some preserved ginger from the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) shop. It's different from crystallised ginger, and really worked. Tasty too. So glad I had some.

Kaara, I sent Chris Meck a PM about the Metformin. No word yet. Thanks for the heads-up. I intend to ask my onco about it. He's pretty adventurous. Essa, I used to take 4-Herb Tea until about the beginning of this year. I stopped it because my onco didn't want any interference from anything antioxidant or immune-system boosting. I feel like starting it again. Do you think it will interfere with the Adriamycin? Plumblossom, I'm eating watermelon everyday, as you suggested, to try to prevent the mouth sores from forming. They almost killed me the last time.

Anybody have any ideas about how to keep my blood counts up? I hate having to do blood transfusions.

I've been thinking about the sceptics' reservations about Black Salve Indonesia. I'm still seriously leaning towards doing their program, as nobody will do conventional surgery on me. Not even if the tumor shows some shrinkage, says my onco. I will be living this nightmare forever if I don't get this tumor out of me. The way I see it, there are easier ways to make a fast buck, if you're a conman. A tub of salve only costs around $50 and, for most people, that's all they'll ever need. Why bother to build up such a detailed website just to make a few measly dollars? There are cancer-oriented businesses charging thousands for their programs. If I were a conman, I wouldn't waste my time peddling black / bloodroot salve.

Anyway, the website offers more than just the original black salve. They also have a red salve and yellow salve, yellow being the most gentle (so it takes longer to work). They also have a healing salve. There are also powders and teas to help kill the cancer cells. There are also step-by-step procedures to follow. This is the most balanced and comprehensive range I've seen of all black salve websites. From what I can tell, this traditional native medicine does differentiate between normal and abnormal cells, which is why the cancerous tissue dies off and separates from the healthy tissue as it is expelled from the body.

Native peoples have been using plants and other natural ingredients for treatment and healing for centuries. Many modern medicines today are derived from similar ingredients. Many Indonesians use 'jamu', traditional herbal concoctions, for whatever ails them, and even for beauty and wellness. The Black Salve Indonesia website incorporates many 'jamu' ingredients, so their red and yellow salve formulas are different from the original North American black salve. I have tried practically everything that Western cancer treatment has to offer, and I'm fast running out of options. At this rate, the cancer is going to kill me anyway, so what do i have to lose? I have to have an open mind.

• KatRNagain92
    KatRNagain92 Member Posts: 59
    edited April 2012
    Options

Oh Chillipadi, I just read this whole thread.  I am so sorry you are enduring this and my heart and prayers go out to you. 

From what I'm reading the black salve is like the shell game...That's scary.  Have you looked into medical marijuana?  You can apply it topically as well.  Here is a link to something I found the other day, although he only had a small sarcoma on his nose. So I apologize for the vast comparison as I can't imagine what you're going through.  http://medicalmarijuana.com/experts/

There is also some thought that you can apply Protocel topically so that might also bear looking into. When you think about it, the extent of your ulceration might have a higher absorption rate as opposed to the digested rate.   

I always ate a nuts and berries and broccoli, Tomatoes and a baby spinach diet while on chemo. (not Protocel) I'm not sure that diet staved off any more cancer, but it did help manage my symptoms and my labs were always good.  A diet high in protein could certainly zero in on wound healing and energy too. 

xoxo
    Kat

• plumblossom
    plumblossom Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hi Chilipadi, I'am just thinking of you and check your post. I am so sorry that the watermelon doesn't do good to you. May you try Manuka Honey? It could help the mouth sore. For the blood counter, Kat's suggestion is good. When I have counter problem, I ate animal bone soup with vagetables. I am not sure this will stimulate the cancer grow, but it did help increasing the blood counter. Also, the red skin peanut is very good for platlet and red cell. I can't digest that amonut of peanut, so I just drink the water. It is simple to boil the red skin peanut for a minute and drink the water. Hope those tips are helpful. Pbsom x  

• chillipadi
    edited April 2012
    Options

Kat, I am so rooting for your Protocel experiment. Can't wait to read your updates everytime! Has anyone ever tried ordering medical marijuana online? I'm afraid I'll get into trouble with the authorities. I love nuts, but I overdosed on broccolli and tomatoes a few months ago, and now I practically gag trying to get them down. As for the salve, I plan to start with the gentlest - the Yellow Salve - once the tumor has reduced sufficiently. Really, I'm determined to get on with my life, so I'm prepared to bite the bullet. I feel like a shadow right now, neither living nor dying, and forever in pain.

Plumblossom, sorry if I confused you, but the watermelon has been helping to keep the nasty mouth sores at bay. I also gargle daily with salty acid water; the acid water is a by-product from my alkaline water machine, and it's used to disinfect things.

Haven't heard from Chris Meck yet about his wife's progress on Metformin with chemo. I hope she's still doing well.

I can feel the cancer cells 'popping' in my chest, round to my back, and the tumor squeezing and contracting. My chest is getting even more raw as the cancer disintegrates, so it hurts like heck when I shower every night, like being skinned alive. As long as the Adriamycin is killing some cancer and shrinking the tumor, so that I can move on to the next stage - detoxing and eradicating the cancer from my body through natural / alternate means - using chemo and suffering its side effects will have been worth it.

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422
    edited April 2012
    Options

(((((((((((((((Chillipadi))))))))))))))))) - hang in there sweetie.

• DiDel
    DiDel Member Posts: 733
    edited April 2012
    Options

Chillipadi checking in to see how you are today. Sorry you are feeling nauseous from chemo..you should talk to your docs about getting EMEND pre-infusion,.it was a life saver. If you tell the nurses you're a puker they will give you lots of anti nausea meds. I also took Aloxi pre infusion.

As far as keeping your counts up...I ate LOTS and LOTS of protein. I added liquid protein shots to club soda (I got sick of drinking water) I did not want to need Neulasta shots to bump up my counts as I heard that is causes a lot of bone pain. I ate lots of foods with protein eggs chicken. My onc said he was impressed with how well I did.

Good luck and keep us posted ...we are all cheering you on!

Diane

• DiDel
    DiDel Member Posts: 733
    edited April 2012
    Options

Oh and make sure you eat well before chemo...you will feel worse on an empty stomach.

Hang in there!

Diane

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2012
    Options

Chillipadi - oncs do not like you to use the Ojibwa tea with chemo.  They say this to protect themselves too.  I do not know if it interferes, but logically, you are taking in a chemical and the tea is designed to detox chemicals and heavy metals, etc.  Since you have chosen chemo, you need liver support llike  crazy too, sooner than later.

There are great suggestions for the mouth sores.  But remember the sugar is probably your culprit in tumor growth, seems from the past.   Watermelon is highest in sugar of all fruits.  What are the other choices? Anyone?

The nausea, I don't know if your onc will allow you to take a homeopathic too, but nux vomica is a well-known one.  You could call a homeopath for assistance, there are so many choices.  In flower essences, schleranthurus is a balancer too and that is only an energy/essence.

I don't know about building white blood  cells in alternatives while on standard chemo doses.  But the PolyMVA is an alternative thaat fully supports the system.  And Protocel, like Kat said, is a great choice except that it is basically contraindicated with most everything.  There is a list on their site.  I love Protocel, Kat.  Wish I did not need so much for thyroid, would have used it by now.

Edited to add - soy - today I reread the soy info, and the soy that is good nutritionally is always the fermented type such as tempeh, miso, natto, must be fermented.  The other basically is sugar laden too and offers the body genistin instead of the one you want which is fermented soy products and offers genistein.

ETA - thinking of you still.

• candygurl
    candygurl Member Posts: 24
    edited April 2012
    Options

Chilli,  

Black seed oil stimulates the production of white blood cells and is known to help kill cancer cells.   

• leggo
    leggo Member Posts: 379
    edited April 2012
    Options

Thinking of you every day chilipadi.

• KatRNagain92
    edited April 2012
    Options

How are you doing today Chilipadi? 

• chillipadi
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hi everyone,

I've been so quiet because I write newsletters for a small living, and all the deadlines just piled up at the same time this past couple of weeks. My onco won't let me try Metformin or IPT, as he says these are not convincingly proven treatments. It's just Adriamycin for now. Hope it will work. I do still feel pain and squeezing - shrinkage? - in my chest. I certainly have all the SEs. When I saw my onco a few days ago, he was pretty pleased, as there are signs of shrinkage on the surface, which he said was unusual for a first cycle.

Chris Meck did respond to me about Metformin with chemo. Apparently, the cancer started growing in his wife again after she stopped chemo for a few weeks. So it looks like Metformin on its own doesn't work against cancer, not for some people anyway. I was hoping to not have to carry on with chemo, especially as the SEs are terrible for me most of the time and it stops working anyway after a maximum of 3 cycles, but it looks like I'll have to bear with it for a while more. Hopefully, the tumor will shrink by at least 30%, then I may have more options, including alternative ones.

Hugs to you all!

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited April 2012
    Options

chilli:  Glad to hear from you and that you are holdling your own.  I just don't understand an MO's reasoning when someone has advancing bc.  It would seem that any treatment that had promise and wasn't harmful would be in order.  Metformin is not FDA approved for non diabetic bc patients, but it has certainly proven to work in some and is currently in clinical trials.

Sending you prayers and positive healing energy! 

• KatRNagain92
    edited April 2012
    Options

Morning Chilli...I'm glad you're able to write your newsletters :) 
    Prayers to you for a good day today!

xoxo
    Kat

• leggo
    edited April 2012
    Options

So glad to hear from you chillipadi. I was so worried.

• chillipadi
    edited May 2012
    Options

I had the privilege of meeting Mrs.L (the lady undergoing removal of her BC tumors on the Black Salve Indonesia website) and her two daughters, when they flew into town recently for a short vacation. What a lovely family! Mrs. L let me see and touch the 'scars' on her arms (she's Stage 4 and the cancer had spread from her breast to her arms, legs and back). She looks absolutely amazing today, walking so strongly and normally that no-one would ever guess that she had been grappling with late-stage cancer.

Mrs. L told me that the large tumor in her breast is gone now and healing well. She said that there had been some pain, but paracetamol and Epsom salt baths helped to manage that. She never took any heavy-duty painkillers. She told me about another lady with a similar condition who was also recovering nicely, as well as a gentleman from her church who had tumors all over his back who is now healed. Mrs. L's own black salve treatment had taken about 7 months. The largest tumor (in her breast) started emerging after about one month. She's in the healing phase now. The dear lady and her daughters urged me not to continue with chemo, as it makes the cancer grow and would not kill the cancer.

Well, my onco told me that Adriamycin is not working anymore, after just 2 cycles. I've been doing allopathic treatment for 3 years, going through numerous chemos and hormonal drugs. He's not hopeful that he can do much more for me. With his blessings, I'll be starting the black salve program (25 days per cycle) immediately, taking it internally as well as applying it externally, to try to kill the cancer and expel the tumors from my body. He'll be monitoring me and providing me with painkillers for as long as I ask him too. What a sweetheart. Wish me well.

• leggo
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hoping you benefit from this chillipadi. Having your onc's blessing and knowing he will continue to monitor you must be a load off your mind. Hoping to hear that you are getting some relief with this.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 205
    edited May 2012
    Options

Wishing you all the best Chillipadi, keep us posted on your progress.  

My onc admitted to me last week that BC patients are OVERTREATED, that the medical community DOES NOT KNOW whether chemo works or not and gave me his blessings to stop Tamox after two years of miserable SEs.  He looked me straight in the eye and said: 'Quality of life trumps it all'

I'm trusting that you are doing this as part of an overall program including juicing, supps, etc.  

• KatRNagain92
    edited May 2012
    Options

Praise God!

I'm optimistic for you Chillipadi...and to have such a caring onc who will continue to keep you under his guard.  I am praying this works for you!

Kat

• sweetbean
    sweetbean Member Posts: 433
    edited May 2012
    Options

Chillipadi,

I will be praying that this works for you! 

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited May 2012
    Options

Chillipadi:  Praying that this works for you.  Keeping you in prayer and sending healing energy!

• chillipadi
    edited May 2012
    Options

Dear friends,

I cried when I read your kind wishes for me. Thank you so much! Just to let you know, the program on the Black Salve Indonesia (BSI) website is comprehensive and balanced, covering nutrition, supplements, exercise, rest, as well as things to avoid. It's much more than just black, red and yellow salves, and various natural herbs to be taken internally. The person behind BSI is an American who used to have Stage 4 lymphoma. His doctor had also told him that nothing more could be done for him. Now, several years later, he is healed, looking years younger than his age (so Mrs. L and her daughters tell me), and happily living in Bali, where he treats many poor patients, and where natural therapy is a way of life.

It's funny really, because he initially refused to treat Mrs. L, as her tumors were large and all over her breast, arms, legs and back. He wasn't sure if he could still help her, at that stage. But her husband wouldn't leave him alone, until he (Wayan, the American) agreed. Having seen the results, as well as what Wayan did for other late-stage patients, Mrs.L's daughters tell me that they will never go to conventional doctors for allopathic cancer treatment should they ever find out that they have cancer. Maud is right, we are over-treated by our oncologists, but I don't blame them really. It's all they know and they do their best.

Mrs. L and her family strongly recommend that I go to Bali for a spell, to be treated by Wayan, but I can't just yet. My husband lost his job a couple of years ago, and can only get ad-hoc work now. My modest income from newsletter writing is our main source of income. I can't affod to jeopardize that.

• luv_gardening
    luv_gardening Member Posts: 362
    edited May 2012
    Options

This is thrilling news.  What a wonderful oncologist you have Chillipadi.  I hope it works with the minimum of pain.

• Stormynyte
    Stormynyte Member Posts: 179
    edited May 2012
    Options

Sending big hugs and best wishes to you Chill! I so hope this works.

• Unknown
    edited May 2012
    Options

Oh Chilli, you know that I and all the other women wish you well, you never have to ask..... just so glad to hear from you.  Am saying my prayers for you daily and wish you the very best with the black salve. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 205
    edited May 2012
    Options

Have been taking Boswelia in supp but take a look at this Chillipadi:

Boswellia sacra essential oil induces tumor cell-specific apoptosis and suppresses tumor aggressiveness in cultured human breast cancer cells. 

Conclusions
    Similar to our previous observations in human bladder cancer cells, Boswellia sacra essential oil induces breast cancer cell-specific cytotoxicity. Suppression of cellular network formation and disruption of spheroid development of breast cancer cells by Boswellia sacra essential oil suggest that the essential oil may be effective for advanced breast cancer. Consistently, the essential oil represses signaling pathways and cell cycle regulators that have been proposed as therapeutic targets for breast cancer. Future pre-clinical and clinical studies are urgently needed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Boswellia sacra essential oil as a therapeutic agent for treating breast cancer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22171782 

Maybe you could ask Wayan whether you could add this to your arsenal.  Took a look at the BSI site, impressive and very very detailed protocol.  Looks promising Wink 

• chillipadi
    edited May 2012
    Options

Thanks for the info Maud. I've been taking Boswella Serrata but I had to stop when my onco asked me to avoid anything that might interfere with the chemo. I can't take Boswella now while I'm on the BSI program because it is anti-inflammatory, and this treatment needs the body's natural inflammatory response to push / expel abnormal or dead things out of the body. When the tumor is killed right down to the roots, it needs to be encouraged to exit the body as quickly as possible.

The timing is just right for me to start this program. My red blood cell counts have dropped so low that my onco suggested a blood transfusion - again. Now that I won't be doing any more chemo, I can focus on building up my severely weakened immune system. It's been suppressed for far too long.

So far, so good, with the red salve and herbal powder that I've been ingesting. No side-effects, not even nausea. Tonight, I apply the black salve to one or two targets on my breast, and the yellow salve to the rest of my breast. This is just for a few days, until those targets die and start to leave my body. Although I'm a little apprehensive, I'm also looking forward to this. I can feel and see the tumors growing and spreading every day, and they cause a lot of pain when they grow. While I'm still fairly strong, I need to try to tame this monster.

Stormy, you're going to live to be at your children's weddings, and much more besides! Just let me be the guinea pig for a while. I'll keep you guys posted as I continue with this program. It could take quite a few months, though, so do stock up your larder :)

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited May 2012
    Options

Chillipadi, best of luck with the salve treatment. I cannot imagine what you've been suffering with this monster and I hope you've found the treatment you need.

Leah

• GatorGal
    GatorGal Member Posts: 750
    edited May 2012
    Options

Chilipadi,

Have just reread through your entire thread. I am so hopeful for you that this treatment works. Will make the thread a favorite so I can keep in touch better.

Prayers and hugs coming your way!

Glenna