Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Scary BC tumor removal photos

Options
12345679»

Comments

• itsjustme10
    itsjustme10 Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2012
    Options

If Chilli does have a new blog, I would love to have the information.  I have been following her story all along, and am rooting for it to work for her.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 205
    edited July 2012
    Options

Itsjustme, maybe Chilli is reading, will hear your plea and will pm those she wishes to keep in touch with; I'm sure she has not forgotten the sisters who supported her.  But, I really can't blame her for not wanting to come back here

• itsjustme10
    itsjustme10 Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2012
    Options

Thanks Maud.  No, I can't blame her at all.  I just hope she's doing well.

• luv_gardening
    luv_gardening Member Posts: 362
    edited July 2012
    Options

Bluepearl, Chilli has been asking questions about the salve for over a year and plenty of women have referred her to the site you mentioned.  She is an adult facing cancer with no treatment options left and if she decides to take the risk of using the salve then it's her informed decision with the agreement of her MO and her husband.  She's already used it to remove one or more tumours so she has first hand experience of how it works.  The risks she runs of bleeding and infection are exactly the same as if she takes no action and the tumours invade further. 

Unfortunately it's the critical posts that have made her leave so she no longer gets the support here she needs.  Should she venture back here she will now see your post.

Quote:

"We'd like to perhaps suggest that those members who really disagree with the use of alternative forms of treatment not participate in the discussions in this forum. 
    Again, we sincerely encourage all members to consult with your physician team before selecting your treatment.
    Thanks,
    Your mods"

• Linda1966
    Linda1966 Member Posts: 441
    edited July 2012
    Options

Maud, Chilli isnt reading, she hasnt been back to BCO since 12th June which you can see by clicking on her name.

Last she posted, she sounded very tired and the treatment is dangerous, so personally I think instead of people constantly saying that "we" all drove her away, you could all instead concentrate on wishing her the very best and hoping/praying that she hasnt taken a turn for the worst. To me its a real worry that she hasnt updated her blog or posted in here in the last 3 weeks.

Can those who dont believe in this treatment, for the sake of peace, just let it go and not post here and those alt ladies who seem to feel that everyone is conspiring against them, please accept that it has only been one or two people with anything bad to say about black salve and the rest of us were following this thread with the deep desire and hope that it would work for Chilli.  

Im sorry to come across as the thread police, but I personally am getting upset and annoyed everytime I check in this room due to the unneccessary, repetative and wrongful use of the collective as having run Chilli out of BCO. This isnt about alt versus conventional, this thread is/was about Chilli having no alternative but to try black salve as a last resort to save her life and and the rest of us wanting to follow her journey, whilst wishing her the best.

If there is anyone out there in contact with Chilli in rl, can you just let us know if she is okay please.

• Sommer43
    Sommer43 Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2012
    Options

Walk a mile in someone's shoes.... 

How can anyone, unless they have been in the position as Chillipad, know how they would react in such a situation? 

• vickilf
    vickilf Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2012
    Options

Karra do you really think the medical community would want to study this?  Think about how many jobs, money would be lost.I would try a Naturopathy Oncologist to work with. I would really think they would try to help you.

I was just taking my  walk and was talking to a friend, she was just telling me about this Black Salve stuff, how her sister in law used this for her breast cancer and how gross it was (like the pictures here are) when her cancer came out.  Her cancer is gone. She also said her father, I believe ,used it on his melanoma on his head, the cancer came out, but he still had a scar.  Anyway I've asked for her email address so I could talk with her about the Black Salve. 

Chilli, I can't wait for your results. I sure hope it works.

Vicki

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2012
    Options

Lynda, I agree, "last she posted she sounded very tired" YES, because she was being harrassed !! Prior to that, her posts sounded upbeat, happy and hopeful !!  I really hope that she was able to recapture those feelings and emotions which some people attempted to destroy

AND some of us are getting really tired of this unhealthy interference.  Karma is a b**ch 

• artemis
    artemis Member Posts: 105
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Has anyone heard from chilli? I think about her so much, and I'm just wondering how she's doing.  God bless her. 
  • sweetbean
    sweetbean Member Posts: 433
    edited July 2012
    Options

Does anyone know how to contact Chilli outside of BCO?

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2012
    Options

IDK how to reach chilli except for here but think about her every day.

Maybe she's reading without logging in.  I hope she's well enough to do so.

Chilli, if you're reading this, I am still praying for you and walking an extra mile for you.  ((hugs))

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited August 2012
    Options

Still holding a candle for Chilli and all of us too.

• cornflakegirl
    cornflakegirl Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello all and Chillipadi,

I came back here to look up some info on arm pain and found this topic.  It struck a chord with me because I also had a very locally advanced tumor in my right breast.  This was seven years ago if I'm thinking correctly.  Anyway Chillipadi, my heart breaks for you that you are going through this.  I know that it was months ago that you first posted this and I don't know how things are for you now but I hope things are better.

Those pictures are a good representation of the tumor I had that also broke through the skin.  I let it go too long before seeking treatment because I had no insurance.  I got constant infections and the smell was not good.  I had to live with that for several months while they treated me with taxotere and then a/c but the cancer only grew.  Now they told me when they first saw me that I was inoperable because there would not be enough good skin left to close with.  What was 6 cm grew to 11 cm and lymph nodes that were clear became cancerous.  That was an awful time because I figured that if it was inoperable before there was no way it ever would be operable since the chemo wasn't working.

I did end up having surgery.  Not sure if they lied to me or just decided I didn't have anything left to loose.  They were going to do a tram flap where they would take skin off of my back but sometime during surgery for reasons never explained they just stretched what was left and stiched me up.  To this day I am numb from my collarbone to the bottom of my ribs and even round to my back.  They took my pectorals too.

Anyway I've been cancer free ever since and have no regrets.  Did you ever consult with other doctors Chillpadi? I was treated at the county hospital- Ben Taub here in Houston. I think hospitals like that encounter more cases of locally advanced cancer since they are dealing with lower income people who are less likely to seek timely treatment (like me).

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2012
    Options

Cornflakegirl, thanks for sharing your story filled with hope.  I am so so very sorry that you had to go through this ordeal, you are truly inspiring.

I will keep you and Chilli in my prayers 

• cornflakegirl
    cornflakegirl Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Options

Thank you Ruby.  I will keep you in my prayers also.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,794
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi all,

Chillipadi's real name was exposed on another message board a few month's ago. I have had the lifelong habit (yes since I was quite young) of perusing obituaries and the Internet has made it all the more easy. Found this today:

http://www.heavenaddress.com/Chua-Siew-Gek,-Carol/419851/

If it is indeed chillipadi, she passed away last month. I have no way to confirm this but it fills me with great sadness, never the less. May she rest in peace.

Caryn

• Linda1966
    edited October 2012
    Options

I too have been checking the obituaries regularly for Chillipadi Caryn. Have been hopeful as time passed and she didnt appear that her treatment had helped extend her life. It sure does sound like her and I guess at this stage we can only hope that she had improved QOL for the time she had left. A very brave woman who I have missed on these boards since her departure.

http://www.heavenaddress.com/Carol-Chua-Siew-Gek/419851/366026/content is her parents posting on her final journey.

Rest in Peace Carol, you are missed.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited October 2012
    Options

If anyone can confirm that this is chilli,, can you please do so in order that we can add her to the angels thread. Regardless of the controversy surrounding her choices, she was a nice woman and deserves the tribute.

Caryn

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2012
    Options

Thanks Caryn, it makes me sad, too.

((Carol))  RIP sister.

• Linda1966
    edited October 2012
    Options

Im confident it is Chiilipadi Caryn, her story and experiences posted by her parents, including their reference to the online forums etc and her use of alternative therapies and the timing leaves me without any doubt whatsoever.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited October 2012
    Options

Sigh...

• suzieq60
    suzieq60 Member Posts: 1,422
    edited October 2012
    Options

So sad

• artemis
    artemis Member Posts: 105
    edited October 2012
    Options

Thank you for letting us know.  I'm so very sorry.  Rest in peace, dear chilli; you will be missed.

• Still_Snarky
    Still_Snarky Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Options

rest in peace indeed. 

• sweetbean
    sweetbean Member Posts: 433
    edited October 2012
    Options

RIP, Chilli, you gave it everything you had.  So sorry...

• steelrose
    steelrose Member Posts: 318
    edited October 2012
    Options

I thought it more appropriate to post my condolences for the loss of Carol here. I honor her for making her own brave choices and staying true to herself. It's all we've got in the end! Rest in peace, Chillipadi... with sincere condolences to your family and friends.

Rose.

• Letlet
    Letlet Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2012
    Options

Chillipadi, rest in peace. You were always open to sharing your experiences if it meant helping out a newbie. You still worked on your newsletters despite everything. You had incredible inner strength.

Cancer cannot touch you now. Your beautiful soul is now released from that body that betrayed you. 

• rosyFL
    rosyFL Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    Options

I couldn't access any video.  They probably removed it, which does happend sometimes on certain websites.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited November 2012
    Options

Rosyfl,

The op has passed away. The video was a link to practitioner she used.

• rosyFL
    rosyFL Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    Options

So very sorry to hear that.