Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2013 Survivors!!!

Options

Comments

• KarenZ0305
    KarenZ0305 Member Posts: 345
    edited November 2012
    Options

December issue of Health magazine said a cup of hot cocoa a day is good for your skin and my favorite calcium supplement is Adore dark chocolate flavored. Tastes just like Hershey special dark!

Does that count as healthy?

• stride
    stride Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2012
    Options

Absolutely. Dark chocolate is also important for mental health!

• maryah930
    maryah930 Member Posts: 122
    edited November 2012
    Options

Karen - a good quality 5 lb box of chocolates is healthy.  Milk chocolate = calcium; dark chocolate = good for the heart, brain, blood sugar, mental health, libido, and teeth; nuts = protein; fruit = meets the quota for 5-7 fruit servings per day.  Caramel is not good for anything, but does make you smile, therefore, emotionally healthy.  That's my thinking anyway. Wink

• cowpower
    cowpower Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2012
    Options

Chrisrenee, didnt mean to leave you out of the well wishes. I will be thinking of you all!

• Outdamnedspot
    Outdamnedspot Member Posts: 164
    edited November 2012
    Options

Good evening ladies!  I mentioned this on the Canadian thread, but wanted to pass it on to you.

I went to a small cocktail party on the weekend and there was no more than 20 of us standing around chatting.  As I looked around to see who was there, I noticed that there were three Breast Cancer survivors...that I knew of...in that room.

One a 16 year survivor, one a 10 year survivor and me...4 months!

Cheers to all of us!

• juneaubugg
    juneaubugg Member Posts: 517
    edited November 2012
    Options

Like how you all think; and I hate to be the barer of bad news... But 🍫chocolate is loaded with SUGAR, which makes my belly bigger, which means more FAT, which means more 🚺estrogen; which my particular cancer seems to really like. Shit!!! I finally get 👰 married at 41 and thought I could now move on to the "🐖 fat and 😋 happy" stage in life...instead I got the "🔥hot and 👴bald" option AND THAT stage MUST BE FOLLOWED by the "🚴 fit and healthy" category in order to guarantee a marriage/life of "💏 long and happy"!

How depressing!! 💩 Shit..where's the chocolate?🍫

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited November 2012
    Options

I still like chocolate ... But you made things actually make more sense then it did before ...

• roulag
    roulag Member Posts: 126
    edited November 2012
    Options

Juneaubugg - love it!

• JenLex
    JenLex Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Options

Best wishes to all having surgery in the next few days.

Outdamnedspot:  Congrats on your 4 months and I love to hear about the long-term survivors!

I think all of us on this forum deserve to celebrate, and what better way to celebrate than to eat a little chocolate?

• liefie
    liefie Member Posts: 761
    edited November 2012
    Options

Juneau, I'm going to South Africa where we immigrated from long ago. Can't wait to see my family and friends again, as well as my mother who is in a care facility fighting her own battle with cancer . . . an inoperable brain tumour. For the first time in many years I will spend Christmas with her, my brother, my two sisters and their children. It will be special.

• juneaubugg
    juneaubugg Member Posts: 517
    edited November 2012
    Options

Liefie; how WONDERFUL. So sorry however that you mom is not well. This fucking disease!!!!! Africa is just about the only continent left on my bucket list! ( I can skip the icy north). I dated a man from Zambia years ago, and thought we'd go together; but I ended the relationship before that happened. Lol! Then I thought maybe for my honeymoon I'd do a safari; but when that came I didn't have the vacation time from work. Maybe one day... *sigh*. My parents have been a few times as they have friends there.... So beautiful.

• Belinda977
    Belinda977 Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2012
    Options

Liefie -- SO sorry.

Trying to maintain my 45 lb weight loss.  Lots of excercise and eating well most of the time.  Every day I have some dark chocolate.  It's a must.  I won't give up the occasional glass of red wine either.

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    edited November 2012
    Options

I've managed to lose 38 lbs while still having the occaisional chocolate treat too. 

Well tomorrow is the 6 months after begining of Tamoxifein, 9 months after dx checkup with the mo.  Starting to get really nervous, listening for that other shoe to drop you know.  I don't think there's a problem, but...

• KarenZ0305
    edited November 2012
    Options

Cindy I wait for that shoe daily. Just called to sched my yearly on/gyn appr and I'm absolutely terrified. After my last one I got not only my BC Dx but she said I had an abnormal pap. But not to worry we will recheck next year. Well that time is coming up quick and I'm scared 💩less!

But we can't let those thoughts consume us. Our positive thoughts are what get us through!

• Cindyl
    Cindyl Member Posts: 498
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hope your recheck turn nothing up. I can push it to the back of my mind for hours, even days at a time, but these recheck times are nerve wracking. I feel good, but not as good as I think I should, that twinge... is that something? or is it just age creeping up...

• Joanne_53
    edited November 2012
    Options

I had a mammogram 2 weeks ago and have not gotten the results.  I have called my GP and MO and it is making me nervous -- will call again tomorrow -- no excuse !!!

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited November 2012
    Options

Joanne, as I said, no news is good news. Some moron has probably misplaced your report.....take a deep breath.....you are right though, no excuse.....give them hell when

you finally get it.

• Joanne_53
    edited November 2012
    Options

the reports are computerized --- they should be showing up easily - today I called MO and spoke with someone and said the "no news is good news" and she said " you are right but you need to know"  and I agreed.  Will call again tomorrow -- nerve wracking --

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited November 2012
    Options

Joanne, I totally believe you would have heard if something was up.

• stride
    stride Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2012
    Options

KarenZ0305, I'm no doctor but I think abnormal pap smears are usually due to the HPV virus. It is very, very common. Some strains can cause cancer, but a lot of them just clear up without causing long-term problems. If you continue to have abnormal pap smears, your doctor will probably want you to have a colposcopy to look for pre-cancer. Pre-cancerous lesions on the cervix are easy to treat. At most it's outpatient surgery. You handled breast cancer! A procedure like a cervical cone biopsy would seem like a walk in the park, if you ever need it. 

• mcook301
    mcook301 Member Posts: 314
    edited November 2012
    Options

Juneau - thinking about you tomorrow! Good luck with surgery! I will be waiting for some tips as mine is in jan! Get those bricks out:)

• Belinda977
    Belinda977 Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2012
    Options

Cindy -- I just had my first 6 month recheck and I, too, was waiting for bad news.  I gotta stop thinking like that!  Feel much better now but it was a Xanax day when I had the mammogram.

Joanne -- that really stinks that you have to wait like that.  My radiology group has the radiologist do a quick look right then and they let us know before we leave.  Everthing is electronic so already received the written report.  There is such joy in seeing "no evidence of disease". I hope you have an answer today.  

• KarenZ0305
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hey Stride! My gyno did check for all the cancerous stuff and nothing showed up (phew!). I think it might've been because of all the steroids I was on for my hives.

Juneau good luck today! We're all in your pockets!

• Chrisrenee77
    Chrisrenee77 Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2012
    Options

cowpower- thank you! Mine is kind of up in the air for now. Hopefully, I will know something today or tomorrow,hoping its not going to be last minute on monday.

Here's to a great day. Let's keep our girls in our thoughts today as they get their final girls in. Much love to all of you.

c

• Tazzy
    Tazzy Member Posts: 1,442
    edited November 2012
    Options

hugs and thoughts with you Juneau..... long live the squishy !!

Quickly scanned over posts - sending hugs and positive vibes to all.

• Joanne_53
    edited November 2012
    Options

Finally got the results ... Everything is clear ... I am breathing easier tonight .... Now I can go to my Weight Watchers meeting and feel in control ... Otherwise I was going for the chocolate !!

• 2FriedEggs
    2FriedEggs Member Posts: 324
    edited November 2012
    Options

Joanne so glad about your results!

Tazzy nice to hear from you. Hope you are having a great time.

Well just got home so it's nap time.

• websister
    websister Member Posts: 405
    edited November 2012
    Options

Congratulations Joanne! I think I might have still been tempted to go for the chocolate ;)

• Joanne_53
    edited November 2012
    Options

I am almost tempted to go for the chocolate !!!

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited November 2012
    Options

I say go for the chocolate and celebrate!