STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

If someone could move this truck off of me that ran me over I would be very grateful. Slept 8 hours finally, maybe the fog wil lift today. Going back to bed and will try this waking up business later. 

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited May 2013

Seems like forever since I said hi to you ladies. Tried to keep up behind the scene but somedays there are just too many pages and I am just too beat after work.

So go figure, I am at work today for a go live and things are so slow I am enjoying catching up with all the fun you keep dishing out. Keep it up, otherwise this is going to be a very loooong and boring day for me.

What ever happened to the original poster of this great thread Shaneoak?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Oh Shells!  Glad you are doing better!  We will move the truck, as soon as the ice-road trucker comes back to MOVE it!  Was it Marywhat?  Trucker gal?   Did you SEE what Ducky said!  She is just having way too much fun with that pilot person of hers!  Prom Queen my ass....   And Ducky, after the Prom, did you go out and just neck?  While waiting for the pizza?  I remember that....  vaguely.... dang!  I must have spelled that right!    And my lower lip was sooooooooo swollen and purple?  

Sass!  Those names were great!!!!  We will have to refer to that!

Someone asked about my "name".... Or wait.... first.... someone eslse asked if it was in a Chevy....  So THAT answer is Nope... it was in a '51 Oldsmobile...  But my name would look silly as "Oldsmobile".... right?    To regress.....  We bought a '57 Chevy Belair hard-top in about 1961.... It was soooooooo pretty!  Red leather seats... in an all black car!   It wasn't in THAT either....   So, but then, our Daughter's brought us the tiniest little creature of a dog one time....  We named him Chevy.....  Had that little Australian Shephard/Sheltie mix for 14 years.  I thought I would die when we had to put him to sleep....    So THEN 9 years ago, those same 2 girls brought us home a little Sheltie!  Lacee is her name.... Princess Lacee, is what she goes by.  SHE is our girl!  Minds better than they did too!   But I wouldn't care if she didn't..... 

So what was I talking about?  And that's why my name is Chevy...  I love to remember him....

I'll be back later after I get something done here....Wink  

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Chevy-We could start calling you Olds...Ive never had a nickname before...at least 1 that I would answer to...I kind of like IRT say it all together and it rhymes with shirt..I like that. Everybody in the south has a nickname...makes me feel all homey. Going to take a nap now...Be back later.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

So not to mess with all of your "mature" brains....I affectionately changed my user name to "ChickaD"....pretty clever huh? There were a couple other chickadees on the user list and did not want to "ruffle" any feathers so I came up with my new "Delta Tau Chi name"........also looking for young chickie avatar....soon to come...did not want to overwhelm the aged...too much to soon??????? LOL I am most certain all of you sharmutas can take it....yes I do know that arabic word Granny....for shame on all of you...lol

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

Little ChickaD!  Pretty clever little girl!  You are learning FAST!  So what's a shamuta?  Is it like a whatever it is that Granny is?    Are you actually from "Novelty Oh?"  Are you sure?    Yes, we are the "aged"... Ha, ha!  I've been working my ass off today.... working in circles around you young kids! 

Now I am going to fix Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches.... No relation to Phyllyopian... however.   Walmart has this new Steak stuff in the frozen meat section!  4 in a box for about $7 something!  They look really GOOD!   I will give you a review probably tomorrow... with my usual 1/2 hour post. Wink  I TRY to make them smaller, but you guys just make me talk a lot.... normally I wouldn't.... 

No, marywhat.... don't call me Olds!  Ha, ha!  Besides the FIRST one was in some other sort of little stupid looking car... that was playing "Tenderly" on the car radio.... as I sat there and sobbed!  So he pulled over, and kindly put his arms around me.... that little horny bastard....    It was for "love" I told myself... and he was thinking.... "No, it was because I was horny as hell, and you happened to be there instead of a lamp-post with a knot hole in it..... and it wasn't raining."   either! 

Oh well....  guess we live and learn, right?  Love you guys! xoxoxoxo

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Ok now to answer some of those questions....

Sas...Novelty is next to Chagrin Falls I see you're in Akron sometimes I get down there for work to do filing in Summit County court..we'll have to visit!

Ok forgot everything already...and I don't even have chemo brain yet....ugh! Must be the morphine.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Oh yeah.....sharmuta is slang for whore, slut, skank basically....which I am MOST certain that none of you are being the lovely up-standing women that I see and hear!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited May 2013

ChickaD, Thanks for clarifying. I know some bad Arabic, but that one was new. I did guess it tho.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Dont know any swear words in Arabic, but I do know a few choice phrases in Spanish..Of course Im too much of a lady to use them.WinkAs for you Ducky, thanks for the offer of the Spandex,darn I wish we could have worked something out... Cant you see spandex on a one-boobed fluffy bald woman? I could have gotten up and sang with the ministers brother, who is on the funny side if you know what I mean, he thinks hes a diva. We would have kept everybody awake (including dh who falls asleep every Sunday).Oh well, maybe next Sunday...Need everybody to keep their fingers crossed for me tomorrow, Start my new chemo...dreading it and hope it wont be too bad...xoxox

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

ChicaD--love Sharmuta---Chevy, Ducky, granny--hmmmm why do I feel that name fits perfecrly in here.

Yea Chevy U CRIED IN S SONG boohoo lets. screw--Like that was never done before. U probbly did it in a rambler

Happy Cinco de Mayo---drinks all around and since some can not drink big time drugs all around--doing both is best.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

If Chevy cooks me I hope it's not to eat me. I will taste BAD with all this forking chemo in me. Cheese won't even help.

Chev - you almost made me wet my pants with the description of him! Of course that's not so difficult with my new friend Zelda. That was the first SE that I noticed.

Sharmuta - nice word! My brain will probably turn it into "shamu" so I hope I don't have to ever use it in a sentence. As in "Yes, I am a shamu. Why do you ask?"

Cami - ' U probably did it in a rambler.' OMG I can't stop laffin!

Maryhoney - please don't be scart! You have done this before and we will help you do it again. At least sassy and Shellby will help, the rest of us will cheer you on and make jokes. We love you even tho chevy calls you marywhat.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

ChickaD---I had a Arabic boyfriend....my last love.That was the first word he taught me....ha...then when I told one of my friends that word it stuck.we called each other Sharmutta all the time.When she called she would say Hey Sharmutta...

I did learn some other words....most were not nice.....but he did teach me to say I love you in Arabic...i can say it but damn i cannot spell it.Something like ane behbeck....did i get that right?

Chevy.....for over 3 yrs that i know you i never seen you act like this.....you followed me to all those crazy threads i used to go on and holla I knew i would find you there!!!!!!!now you are acting so different....like a sharmutta....hahaha

Happy Cinco de Mayo......I just love the Spanish language....I did betta with that then the Arabic.....I bought a book to learn it but damn that one was hard....

This is the only thread thats goin 24/7...gotta say something for all of us....

ill be back....hugggs to everyone Princess Kantalope...me think me keep that name.Getting tired of being called granny......my least favorite.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

Chevy, are you the one who got that truck off of me? THANK YOU. Did you get its license number? - we need to report it. Well, I've had 12 hours of sleep and the biggest poop of my life : la la la  🎶   Yes, it's unlike me to talk about bathroom stuff but after all the weeks of suppositories & constipation I've had to listen to, I'm entitled to brag about my accomplishments.

Only need tylenol today, sitting here watching the waves, can't believe how happy I am  - the BC crap is almost done,  feels so good to have a soft bosom again. And now I can just hang out with you guys and make sure you don't misbehave.

Oh, and here's  a picture of the eyes today - cute huh?

OK -there's pages to catch up on so I'll be back later with my commentary.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

Shells----your eyes are gonna be beautiful.....for sure.....

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Shell....what's up with the eyes...did I miss something...thought this was a boob board? But really.., are you ok?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

I'm lost you all gained 4 pages on me and I can't keep up!!!!!?'

BTW my sister had her lumpectomy, SNB 2/nodes, and chemo port put in. I talked to her the day after and told her to take her pain pills. We shall wait in her pocket until her good news comes in. I can only be there in thought and emails but she said its been helping.

As far as I go - this week, after a year deliberation, I started half dose of tamoxifen. Double the hot flashes, shakey and can't sleep. Scapula is getting better with P T, other than that, I'm doing awesome! Just wanted to say that word - I will now STFU. ROFL - not :-)

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:  Some of you may already know this,  I have suspected it for years and there is no denying it like the idiots that deny Global Warming.  It's a long post but I think it is worth it.  Here goes:

LET EVERYONE WHO HAS A WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/ DAUGHTER KNOW PLEASE!
    PLEASE SHARE..

Bottled water in your car is very dangerous!
    On the Ellen show, Sheryl Crow said that this is what caused her
    breast cancer. It has been identified as the most common cause
    of the high levels of dioxin in breast cancer tissue..

Sheryl Crow’s oncologist told her: women should not drink bottled
    water that has been left in a car. The heat reacts with the chemicals
    in the plastic of the bottle which releases dioxin into the water.
    Dioxin is a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue. So please
    be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.

Pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind
    we need to know that just might save us! Use a stainless steel canteen
    or a glass bottle instead of plastic!

This information is also being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical
    Center … No plastic containers in microwaves. No plastic water
    bottles in freezers. No plastic wrap in microwaves.

Dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to cells in our bodies. Don’t freeze plastic bottles with water
    in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently the Wellness
    Program Manager at Castle Hospital , was on a TV program to explain
    this health hazard.

He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we
    should not be heating food in the microwave using plastic containers…..
    This especially applies to foods that contain fat.

He said that the combination of fat, high heat and plastic releases dioxin
    into the food.

Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Pyrex or ceramiccontainers
    for heating food… You get the same result, but without the dioxin.. So,
    such things as TV dinners, instant soups, etc., should be removed from
    their containers and heated in something else.

Paper isn’t bad but you don’t know what is in the paper. It’s safer to
    use tempered glass, such as Pyrex, etc.

He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants
    moved away from the styrene foam containers to paper. The dioxin
    problem is one of the reasons….

Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Cling film, is just as
    dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave.
    As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually
    melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with
    a paper towel instead.

This is an article that should be share to anyone important in your life!

•  

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Hey Flower. ..saw this too about bottled water...I never heard this before and I am notorious for keeping water in my car for days...ugh

Hmmmmm...Notorious ChickaD....lol.....I sound like a rapper

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE ABOVE POST WAS DISCOVERED LONG AGO REGARDING PLASTIC BOTTLES, MICROWAVING IN PLASTIC, ETC.  It has simply been swept under the rugs by comrades of the IDIOTS that do not believe in Global Warming!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

CM I did read about that too---but I remember yrs. ago thinking and telling people not to do that with their water not cuz of BC but for general health cuz I thought plastic breeds germs in the heat but again everyone told me hahaha. So now that just proves my theory.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Mary......the first time I saw your name I thought of "Mary, Mary quite contrary...how does your garden grow?" Maybe your nick name should be that?

I know STFU and go back to sleep young peep!

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Dear Henhouse.......Couldn't sleep all night, but now I'm tired...ugh...catch you hens later going to my sleep again...becase yes I am woman, I am invincible, and I am tired!

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

Morning gals!  ChickaD, You LOST your hen-house!  It is over on the OMG thread, Ha, ha!   We are the Hooligans.... silly girl!

Okay, go back to sleep.... Where IS everybody?  Oh wait.... ChickaD, Shells had her eyes taken care of at the same time she had her beautiful new breasts!   And an ice-road trucker happened to park on top of her.... so I had them remove it....

So we can talk about everything on here.... Like when we were 16.... Our flight experiences....  uh-hum....Wink... Even our up-coming and past surgeries... our teeth.... you just Name it!  Even the damn plumbing problems I had last year.......and more recently, Ducky's smoke alarm, that she had to call the Fire Department for!  She just wanted to get them out there....  She fixed them biscuits and gravy. 

Hi Grammi.... glad your Sister has the worst part over with....  And how are YOU doing now? 

Morning little Kantalope.... Yes over 3 years we have known each other!  Almost 4 years ago I heard about me having BC!  But I'm sailing now.... Ha!  How is your Grand-son?  Remember that awful motorcycle accident he had?  Man, I was so afraid for you.... and him.   And your huge breast after your surgery & radiation?  Hence the name "Kantalope.".... I was so afraid you would get yourself into trouble on here, because or your fiery little Italian/Brooklyn/ whatever it is!   I am one of your guardian angels... like  your best friend.... ready to throw a sheet over you, to keep you calm, and close to me.... Ha, ha!

Oh God miss Phillisiness, I couldn't figure out what you were SAYing!!!  Okay.... my sandwiches...Wink  Yes, they WERE good! 

Hi Wren and Marywhat....  My Dad used to fall asleep in church also!  PRObably because the preacher man ranked high on the boredom scale!  He used to throw wads of paper at my Dad to wake him up.... Ha!   Made everyone laugh.  Smile  And embarrass the HELL out of my Mom.

Carolyn.... Yes, I've seen that information also, but I've also included some sites that I looked into....  I store stuff in the refrigerator in plastic, but when heating it in the microwave, I always pour it into a bowl.... just because I hate to see how silly a plastic container looks after microwaving it and seeing it melt  down to a blob!

But as far as water-bottles.... they're alright....  They CAN'T make them with stuff to poison us all....  And Cheryl Crow WAS on Ellen, I think in 1996....  but didn't actually attribute her BC to water bottles.... She just wanted us to be aware, that SOME people were blaming their cancer on EVERYthing.  

My BS said your cells are always dying, and new ones come along...  Sometimes those cells go nuts, and turn into cancer.  I COULD have blamed mine on the Pill, with all that estrogen, or saccharin, or bacon, or that formaldehyde us girls used to use on our nails... or any number of things we got into...  Even fumes from Epoxy, paint stripper... and eating barbecude stuff from the grill! 

And about heating plastics in micro-waves...

Stay safe gals....

• gmafoley
    edited May 2013

Someone asked how I was doing - Day 6 of tamoxifen - Hot, shacky and jumpy can't get to sleep and overall an emotional wreck - that sounds like the most of it.  Killer is that is only a half dose/day..  I think the picture below sums up my feeling.  but have the pill bottle hanging from the eagles mouth!

eagle/gecko

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited May 2013

Hello again ladies!

I've been AWOL .....lurking not posting....lol guess that's my m.o. :-/ not a lot to say....and trying to get to a happy place after dcis dx, mastectomy and reconstruction.

Anyway- this is completely off of the rotten ass breast cancer subject BUT- here is a question to ponder: I was Facebook and Instagram 'friends' with one of my best girlfriends daughters (almost 14) who is one of my daughter's( just 14) good friends. The friend was making questionable comments and statements on Facebook that made me worry that she was headed down a bad, questionable at best, path. I told her mom that I was concerned and asked if she was ok. My daughters friend has since blocked me on Facebook as well as Instagram telling my daughter that "it creeps her out that I can see her stuff." Am I over reacting - if a 14 year old has THAT much "stuff" to hide, do I really want MY daughter hanging around with her or have her over my house after I feel she has disrespected me? Or allowing my daughter to still have their joint Instagram account open? Or am I just acting juvenile and 'hurt' that a kid thinks I'm creepy for giving a shit about her and speaking up?- when my daughter doesn't have ballet rehearsal, she spent pretty much every weekend here at our house. They are/were like family. :(

Any opinions?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Good Morning my little Pullets.......

Mericat........question......how did your friend act toward you when you told her about her daughter......I can tell you what happened to our family when my granddaughter was acting the same way........fill us in..........

Cloudy so far in Philly, and possible showers all week...grrrreeeeaaaattt.......

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

Hi Merlcat!  Man, that's a tough one.  I USED to be on FB.... and then I thought, "I am the oldest one ON here"  probably, and thought I don't even WANT to hear what my Grand-sons are doing! 

I just thank God that there wasn't even a computer around when my Daughter's were growing up..... Or cell-phones.  I would want to know what my kids were doing also...  I don't blame you, but you can't change it.... and you can't change your Daughter's friend, or her Mom...  She probably IS saying stuff on there that you don't approve of, and you are entirely right.... but her Mom does't want to hear it.  She wants to pretend that her Daughter, no matter how old she is .... is right, and can make her own mistakes..... and she is embarrassed by someone like you seeing it!   So she will defend her...

I would feel the same as you.... So WHAT if it creeps her out?  She shouldn't be acting stupid on there... that is a public forum!  That's why I don't like it!  Who needs to hear  every time someone goes shopping, or takes a shower? 

People prey on talk like that.... she might get herself into trouble, sooner than she wants!  I would really talk to my Daughter, and ask what she is getting out of FB and all those sites?  Why can't she just talk or text to her friends, without posting their life to each other?

Maybe I'm just  "old"... but it was hard enough trying to raise our girls in the 60's withOUT all the high-tech stuff out there now.   I heard on the news that the "kids" don't LIKE their Mom's, not to mention their Grandma's reading what they say on FB...  And I can see why...Wink

Damn kids....  Take care....

• gmafoley
    edited May 2013

I would rather have her at MY house than them running around elsewhere behind my back... Just a thought from a mother that has gone through that.  But it was before facebook... Keep the lines open - Just because it creeps her out for you to see her site  - that might make her think about others that shouldn't be on her site.   Don't take it personal - its a teen girl with hormones flying every which way and in the end, if she feels safe being with YOUR daughter in YOUR house.  That is actually a compliment.  Make sure there are rules they still have to abide by in your home, but think before you act.. Rules - as in no smart mouth or bad talk, we don't hurt eachother in the house.  But that means you have to follow those same rules. This is just food for thought, so to speak.. My daughter for 5 years couldn't be in the same room with me because I breathe funny.. So this comes from a mom that Knows  - but every one of her friends felt safe in Our home and came to stay alot.  At least I knew where they were.

Edit - On another note ladies - Earlier when I couldn't be here and left - That incident wasn't her - She says, my DH told her the information I was afraid she got here.  - My DH privately say no he didn't - I tend to believe him more.. but he has been forgetful lately... not sure - But I'm back either way.  No one is going to chase me away and put me in hiding again!