STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

I have so much to say about this, but will have to use my computer to do it.....hate typing on my iPad......will fire it up later......been down this path a couple times with grand kids........my opinion........Twitter...Facebook....My Space.....Formspring.....and now there is another one ( the name escapes me now).......are the ruination of society today........yes it helps connect with friends and family, but it ruins lives....destroys reputations....aides thieves and stalkers....(when you advertise your every move).......and let's people hide behind Avatar's to do their dirty work.........like predetors........oh don't get me started......lol

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

Good morning all of you little dumplings. I am here to announce that I am awake before noon!  I know you care about that stuff....Chevy. Tongue Out

gmafoley - Sorry about the Tamoxifen. I've heard that stuff stucks but I love the bird!

My task today is to write thank you notes.  This never used to be a problem for me.  If I received a gift, I just whipped out a card and sent it off within 2 days.  For some reason FC makes it harder for me to write the notes.  Every  stinkin' one of them makes me tear up.  So now I have about 15 that I need to send to very kind, caring people who have done things for me since my new diagnosis.  I'll be crying all damn day!  That is not on my schedule.

Why can't I face this?  This was one of the questions I was going to ask my counselor....but I had to fire her.  You would think that my time at Alcatraz as a shamu would have made me tougher than this!    Obviously I need help!  I bet a magic brownie from one of our medically enlightened states would help my writer's bloc.

off to see the wizard

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited May 2013

Ducky-

right below you here in MD- we pretty much have the same gross weather :(

Yuk I am SO longing for warm and sunny!!!

To answer: my friend,who is also in her 40s, kind of brushed it all off, made a passing comment to the effect of- she( meaning her daughter) is just embarrassed and is posting things she's not supposed to be and that was it.

I'm thankful, I suppose, that they live in a different county; therefore, will always attend different schools and my daughter is extraordinarily busy with ballet, piano and school so she has very little free time and NO interest in Facebook :)

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Whoops - I was WAY off topic.  Sorry.  I'll STFU

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

By next week we're going to have to do a roll call to see who's who and who've each has decided to be. I'll start off then as people add the old ,the, new, and the wanna be, I'll keep adding names to this list as I see them, except leave off "B"'s.

"a child of many names is much loved"

ChickaD, ChickieD, chickadee, Miss chickie, chickie, chickiepoo, Dchickie,Chickadana, Our Baby Dana

Mary, Marywhat, Ice-road Trucker,IRT Short for I-R-Trucker. I will add Hoedown Girl,

Camilegal, Cami, Spunky, Spunkie

Chevyboy, Chevy, Olds

GrannyDukes, granny, GG, Princess Kantaloupe, Princess K

Pdgraham, Phyll, Phyllis, Phyllopian(phoenetically that's fa'-lop-pian, Chevy did you really mean to call her a tube attached to the uterus?), Phillissians(now Chevy's got you in the bible), Ph/pH now your a measurement symbol for acid/base balance. Choro-phyll ah environmentally correct producing___? Is it oxygen or sugar? Phyllo Dough,Phyllopteryx (the weedy seadragon)

DuckyB, Ducky, Promqueen MHC, Duckling

Sas, sassy

Red,

April485, Stretch (am 4'11" - Ha!), Glinda the GoodWitch

Shellshine, Shell, Shells,

Kathindc, Kathy, Kathy-in-dc,

"?", Flower, Flowermound, Flowers, Ms Flowers

Scottie,

Chabba,

VEGGY, Plain Ole Veggy

Blondiex46, blondie

Wren44

Mericat, mer, meri

Iatiger

Beatmom

GMAfoley, GMA

savgigi, jeannie

julianna

Who'd i MISS???????? SASSY

• duckyb1
    edited May 2013

Ph.....hey no your not.....I understand what your saying.....I cry watching Hallmark commercials, so with Mother's Day coming, and all those card commercials, I will be tearing up till Father's Day.....lol.....nothing wrong with being emotionally grateful...it shows you have "heart...hugs

Mer.....the Mom is in denial..."the not my kid syndrome"........you made an effort...me, I would appreciate knowing......some don't.....why isn't the mother monitoring her Facebook page..let it go........been there, only much closer to home...a grandson, granddaughter last year, and now another granddaughter...saw it with my own eyes on Twitter (although they thought someone told me they had seen it)...same son's kids.....family members warned him to read their pages, they were removed for about 2 weeks, and then went back on as "private", but forgot to block 1 person, so someone could still see their page.....they are .still on the social networks....the family stopped telling my son.....his problem........at one point their aunt told them, their older cousins called them.... did not matter......so let it go.....you are wasting your breath.....would just keep her a distance from your daughter....my mother use to have a saying...."SHOW ME YOUR FRIENDS, AND I WILL SHOW YOU WHAT YOU ARE"...........and......."YOU WILL BE JUDGED BY THE COMPANY YOU KEEP". .......

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

I'm just plain ole VEGGY.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Okay.... but first, I printed off your names Sassy, Ha!  So now I will remembere everyone too!  And it's "just plain ole VEGGY?"  That's good little garden of mine.... Wink

Phyllissisness, YOU were way off topic?  I mean YOU?  Do we care???  Like I NEVER am???

And yes, what Ducky says.... Damn, we think alike...  I love that.... "Show me your friends, and I will show you what you are.!"  That makes so much sense..... How many times I was on my Daughter #1 because of her "friends."....  and why I wouldn't let her stay all night at her friends house, because somehow I heard, (probably little sister) that "boys" were going to be there!....  She hated that she couldn't go.... but she actually lived through it...

Okay.... I'll be back.... gotta get ready to go SOMEwhere!  Wink

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Sas u r precious--always have been.

Mericat it's so nice to see u, haven't talked in a long time. Here's my thoughts. I agree with ducky--I think conversation iin person will be very hard for these young people when they are older but then again Youth has always been wasted on the young.Since Socrates (who voiced it) the youth has always been downed in some ways. Be happy u'r dgtr is involved in so many extra activities that to me is the best thing. But let's face it most girls who start their teens are miserable little bitches who think no one know anything and of course she really doesn't want u to read her FB u'r not her age and u will judge and no way do teens want to be judged. Let's face it when u do read their sruff u'r skin can crawl. And as far as I'm concerned these little girls might as well put a sign up asking for pedophiles to join but as someone believable so they think they are the same age. I know that's harsh I don;t mean in any way it's the girls fault but predators know who they can make friends with and the whole thing at that age is how many friends can u hace on FB. or anything else that is going on. To me this is a predophie's dream come tru.

but telling that to a young girl sometimes they think u'r crazy cuz they know ll these people and no one is.Meri I think u should reassured u'r dgtr of u'r relationship with her and she has to make the choices and it sounds like she would make the right one. U can always limit computer ime if u are uncofortable. I would hate having a teenager these days--they can get in trouble in their own bedroom. So b concerned, but for u'r dgtr--u can not control other people and their reactions.

OK Did I make any sense, cz u guys know my filter for sense is sometimes off- I am better in person hahaha

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

OK Phyl don't make this a crying day, make it a thankful day that u are able to thank everyone u want to. U have now gotten some control over the stupid disease and tht's what counts. I fu want to cry, cry when u'r done cuz otherwise this wet stuff gets on the notes and u'r words smudge. And everyone will know and feel bad that u are crying. So pull up those jailhouse bottoms and give it a try.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

Hi Merlcat.....I'm the new baby here....I use FB and have learned to CREEP on my daughters (now 22 and 24) for info only....the minute they actually think you are really watching they will shut you down....so unfortunately being quiet is key until you really see something bad going on....and ps it seems that kids use Twitter to really vent the truth....great place to see what's going on!

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

camille - rofl!!! That is perfect!  Exactly what I need to do.  Note to self:  jailhouse bottoms and no soggy notes!

Chloro-phyll

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Dear Phyllis...I really want to call you Phyllo Dough For some reason....maybe Im hungry....hmmmmm

I too am having the same reaction to writting my thank yous....its taken me 2 weeks now to slowly write, tear up, write, wash repeat, oh sorry that's hair...just wanted to tell you...I GET IT. ♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Little chica - You may call me Phyllo Dough. It's entirely appropriate..flaky and yummy...and can be filled with all kinds of carp.

I just finished 2 notes.  One to a good friend who sent me a chemo box my first time around.  Inside was a gift for every chemo treatment that I had.  16 presents of hats, scarves, gloves, books, just cool stuff.  For this round she gave me a gift certificate to Lymphedivas for sleeves so I wouldn't have to wear the orthopedic tan thing they gave me at the hospital.  Had to cry with that one but I didn't get it on the card, thank goodness!

The second one is to a minister here that I know through Rotary.  We call her Father Mother Mary.  Their church has a prayer shawl ministry.  She sent me a shawl and a prayer/blessing and the most beautiful note that I've ever read.  Had to cry with that one too.  Sheesh.

These prison pants are NOT helping! Good news is that the 2 hardest ones are DONE!

Thanks for getting it!  And now I see why you have beautiful hair.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Dear Phyllo Dough.....wow now I totally relate I also got a prayer shawl from my cousins I just cried over that one too...so I really really get it !

First time using my cell phone to post so forgive me if it looks funny when it submits

• Merlcat
    edited May 2013

Mmmmm phyllo dough- isn't that what baklava is made with? I LOVE sweets with nuts....;)

I guess I need to just let my daughters twit of a friend go on about her business and be most concerned with my own daughter even though her friend was like a niece to me....thankfully, my daughter IS too busy to get involved with all of the typical 8th grade-ish drama...and I have no worries about her doing something stupid, like getting pregnant, drugs or wanting/trying to maim or kill herself! Thankfully, we do talk about 'stuff'. I am very fortunate to have good kids- she is the girl sandwiched between an older and a younger brother. I am fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom who, when necessary, doesn't hesitate to put foot to ass and my husband, their father, although he works a lot. Is around and involved with all 3.

Hmmm- I need to get the hare out of my ass and get back to happy...lol perhaps a shopping spree is in order :) HA

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Did any of you sexy beauty queens have acrylic nails before chemo and radiation ? Any thoughts on that matter I've been cutting mine down and trying to grow them out but no one has really given me any info on that yet so any help there would be greatly appreciated.......can I keep nail polish on them or is that bad?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited May 2013

My co-worker was FB friends with her niece. She called her sister regularly to report inappropriate stuff her niece was posting. She also talked to the niece about how this could follow her for years.

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Sorry chica - I never did acrylic nails.  they look great though!

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Chickie, acrylic nails are a hotbed of the worst types of bacteria. Worst. First study in AJN-American Journal of Nursing, in about 1998. They weren't outlawed in hospitals till JACHO made it a requirement in around 2006. Absolutely totally gross. I have all the nicest info-UGh

• Merlcat
    edited May 2013

I used to have acrylic nails, then switched to 'gel' nail polish. Idk about any of them relating to bc treatments but both acrylic nails and gel nail polish trashed my real nails...I have since given up and am hoping to distract one from looking at my ugly nails by wearing pretty rings :)- I LOVE jewelry

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

You guys, Sass is sooooo right!  And I found out from experience.  I wore them for years....even put the acrylics on myself.....  Then after BC treatment, something went haywire!  I became allergic to the glue, the acrylic, and I had to quit wearing them.  So, me, being the brightest one in the bunch of radishes, thought "okay, now I will have gel-nails done"....  and that was even worse. 

Well that wasn't enough.... I thought I would use the gel-polish myself!  I think it is called Nutra-nail.  THAT was the last straw!  I am still battling eczema, probably caused from all the nail trauma! 

Now I will LISTEN to Sass, and NOT do that EVER again.    Chabba told me about Vit A & D, and I also bought Vit A&D ointment....  And still trying honey, and Prep. H, and lots of creams & ointments, besides wearing moisturizing gloves, or vinyl gloves when I garden and do housework.   It's my fingers mostly...   They are better now, but just laying in wait for me to screw up.....

Wren.... such good information!  Just have to listen, and talk to those Daughter's!   I'm just one that does not like the whole idea of Twitter, FB, and anything that puts you out there for the world to see!    I had my identy stolen, and THAT is really a wake-up call.   You have to fight all the damage it does for MONTHS!   But it teaches you to be more careful.... 

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Ok...note to self....grow out nails and keep crap off of them and clean :)

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

im back!!!!

plastic---no good period....microwave= rads.did anyone know that one???I use glass for everything.this has been around for a long time....nail polish.grrrrrrr...read what you put on your nails....all those thing =the big C...not only bc but all kinds of cancer....

Chevy...sista/best friend/I love you for being my guardian angel..now please say a prayer that tomorrow when they put that lavender patch on me it explodes so i can move on....

I went shopping for shoes today on the bus...yay for me.first time on the bus since surgery...got 2 pairs of CFM shoes....no just kidding....got 2 pairs tho...

I am on facebook and i do check up on the grandkids.....they are careful cause they know im lurking....but some of their friends....damn the crap they put on turns my stomach....i curse everyone knows that but not on facebook....there is a time and a place for everything.

my moms saying was also show me your friends but i loved the one ya hang around with shit,you smell like shit...the more you stir it the more it stinks..

ill be back....huggggggggs everyone princess kantalope.xo

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

I like that one Granny---I'm sorry I always had my ails done during chemo--used the gel, then all my nails (feet too) got infected and mostly fell off. Two of my nails are still bad as far as off thebed and a little crooked, My toe nails grew back sideways on one foot and disgusting on another BUT my fingernails are as hard as a rock--never had that efore, they're difiicult to cut so they are kind of long and when I wear my rings (me too Merl) they look good except for the 2 silly looking ones.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Odd woman out here. I never did do my nails. Since we paint for a living they just get messed up. I did try it one time, they looked really good until that afternoon, then they fell off when I was using the paint thinner. Got through chemo today ok. Have a shitty taste in my mouth and nothing tastes good but thats ok. Will have to do ekgs everytime I do chemo, but the techs. come to the infusion room so I dont have to go all over the hospital. I hate it when Im gone all day, it is so hard to get caught up with you busy chatters, I miss half of it when I dont check in. Heard from ds#2. He is having a fine time, and they get to drive on the beach there. They are going to St. Augustine tomorrow to go on the Haunted Hearse Tour.Wish I was there with him. At least its pretty and warm here today.xoxox 

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Mary What, I'm going to be in St.Augustine tomorrow too!

• duckyb1
    edited May 2013

Ok.......plastic......I get it, but.......38 Radiation treatments..........WTF I'd like to know what that did to the good parts I have left.......so I'm gonna get nuts over leaving my bottled water in the car a little too long, or cooking that little left over spaghetti in my lock n lock......did all the experts hear me......38 Rad treatments......not to mention........how many CT scans to prep me.....and I'm gonna worry about plastic.......my grand kids.....sure.....my kids absolutely.....me.....I got more important things to worry about........

Good one from my mother.....YOU LAY OWN WITH DOGS! UOU WILL ENDUP WITH FLEAS........

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

Princess.... they actually have a Lavender Patch?  Why didn't they do this in the first place?   So it's like YOU are the one that has figured this out, and they maybe helped a little?  What will they do, once they see if it IS the lavender?  Will they give you the shots.... like I had?  To build you up so it won't bother you any more?   Those saved my life!   They make up a serum, designed specifically for  ...in other words.... what ails you.   But ASK them everything you can think about.... write the damn answers down too.

You say you went shopping for shoes on the bus??  I didn't know they sold shoes on busses!  The ones around here don't, I'm pretty sure!   And what about your teeth?  Did you make your own yet?  Or get some of those wax ones? 

Hi Cammy!  You have a crooked little nail?  And a crooked little house?  Ha, ha!  Oh MY nails have YOURS beat!  I have a hammer-toe.... for some reason it decided to go bad.... little bastard....  It has a hump-back!  And that is why Crocs are so comfortable.  There is ROOM for that wayword toe!  And I froze my toes one time.... when our folks left my Brother and I up on Inspiration Point, when it was 10 degrees out, for about 4 hours sledding!   They forgot, or some damn thing!  Or someone forgot to pick us up....  ANYway I only have 2 "normal" toe-nails on each foot. 

Sass.... you are going to love this!  One time, when I wanted to wear cute flip-flops, I put false nails on my toes!  They were soooooooo cute, Ha!   That was when it was easier to REACH them.....Wink  But I just put them on with super-glue, and they were fabulous! 

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Sas, do you live near there? My sister just moved to Fernandina Beach this week-end, and she and my son are going to St. augustine sometime tomorrow. I am so glad she is closer now, It only takes us about 5and a half hours to get there.