STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Yes chevy super glue for everything, I do remember those days of reaching my toes

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

What toes......oh there are toes down there........can't see them from where I stand.....but they must be there, cause something is holding my shoes on........

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited May 2013

Speaking of toes, just home from last check up on bad toe.  Dr. says circulation if bad, I'm not to try cutting my own toe nails any more.  That is Ok though, medicare covers the cost of having him do it. 

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

Oh my more advice needed.....do we talk about Chickadee droppings here? LOL I am 2-1/2 weeks post op and I swear I have had the big D (no not half of my old DD boob size) ....since surgery...its gotten to the point that if I eat anything...I'm in bathroom within 20-30 minutes later...It's wiping me out more than my pretty little new ones! I called the surgeon last week and described...but they did not think CDiff....anyone else deal with this post surgery?

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Okay HERE I GO ON A #%^&*)RANT. Gonna go and find a post I wrote to some oneelse be back, Pissed about poopin again. CkickaD He gave you the friggin WRONG ANSWER. DAMMIT. Now if I just could remember where it is.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Tx Sas...will wait for your info....actually it was his on-call resident...whose name I did write down!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

im still a DD...and proud of it....wasnt all my life but as i got older they got bigger.Dont wanna brag cause im usually complaining but i can still touch my head with my feet...thats only because of the 30 yrs.of dancin..

back to business.Chevy...you crack me up....as usual...im bringing all the lavender that i have wrapped in 2 bags and a box and he will do the patch test.the patch will stay on till friday...after that I have no idea whats next.I have a spreadsheet with every flairup and the amts.of the prednizone im taking.

And yes I went on the bus with a mask on....looked everyone straight in the eye....

Ducky---i hear ya on the plastic but im not takin the meds,i eat very little especially whats good for me but i gotta do something right...so its the plastic and microwave.....makes me feel like im doin at least 1 thing right..one of my GDs.the oldest one says and your using plastic for how long?????ha.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Ok Princess K but I have to ask, Do you show your card-playing buddies the feet to the head trick? Bet they like that....

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

CkickaD==I don't understand not running the simple tests on the stool samples for C&S and C-diff. They are simple. You fit the criteria. History of recent use of broad spectrum antibiotics, and diarrhea of unexplained origin. If negative, GREAT.  IF they are treated by drugs appropriate to the testing and sensitivity.

You have diarrhea of unknown origin The something that's caused it is unknown. No one can say what the something is b/c a definite cause and affect is unidentified. Anyone may surmise what caused the diarrhea. But that's NOT how science works. The scientific method which particularly those in science are trained in follows a step by step process which is 1. define a question--In your case "What caused your diarrhea?". 2. hypothesis: The origin of the diarrhea response was from exposure to either antibiotics or some other source. 3. Establish a protocol which is a step by step process to test the Hypothesis.  STOOL TESTING FOR CULTURE AND SENSITIVITY, OVA & PARASITES AND C-DIFF WHICH IS A SEPARATE TEST FROM C&S  4. Evaluate response illicited from testing, does the test SHOW a positive response to items tested.  5. Review and conclude causal relationship thus answering the Question and Proving that the Hypothesis which is true(positive) or false(negative).

Science is not, "I don't think it's C-diff". I had to modify a response from a previous rant. The scientific method holds true in all cases. Only lazy practioners don't follow it. God forbid the non care they give their patients.

Chikiepoo darlin, rain on their parade with any number of slyly insulting questions. I'll try a couple. "Hmm diarrhea of unknown origin following multiple antibiotics, really thought JACHO (joint commission on hospital accraditation) had established criteria for that a number of years ago?" "Hmm interesting , but since diarrhea of unknown origin has it's own ICDM-9 code , identifying that it warrants further investigation, don't you think that requires you to do definitive testing?"   Krips in a hospital setting new onset diarrhea requires a patient to be placed in isolation until the studies are back.  So, go get'em girl.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Very Sassy.....I already have a call into the same doctor plus my SO, MO and my family physician ....I will be very angry if this is c diff and unnecessary agony for two weeks....THANK YOU MY FRIEND!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2013

Hey Sas - names for me = April aka Stretch (am 4'11" - Ha!) aka Glinda the "Good Witch" a favorite character from a favorite movie

Other than that, still tryin to catch up here...page after page after page..wow!

Welcome ChickaD not to be confused with "heavy-d" the rap star.

Ok, heading to bed early tonight. Still fighting brutal fatigue from my insane clinical trial of "rads in a week" so see you all soon.'

Chevy, behave! xo

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Hi Miss April!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Please help me here and be honest - does this following issue seem ok to you or am I just confused and don't know what I am talking about????

The yo yo goes on - My onc talked to my sleep doc and THEY decided I could take my Nuvigil and tamoxifen even though it lessons the tamoxifen effect - Nuvigil is a med, a STIMULANT, that I was on before tamox because I couldn't stay awake during the day.. Since Tamoxifen, I have the opposite Problem - I can't go to sleep, jumpy and over stimulated. - I need sleep!!! What were they thinking? I have a call back to each one of them and tried to explain that since the Tamoxifen I need sleep - I have no trouble staying awake!  Will probably hear back tomorrow from each of them -  Do I make sense or am I crazy???

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

Chevy behave....ha.she used to but since this thread she is outa control....BUT I just love this new Chevy.....xoxoxo

good luck ChickaD.....i hate the shits....had it all my life...i feel for you.If i went out for the day the first thing i looked for was a bathroom....

Mary---i show everyone the feet to head trick....even the guys i play cards with....they roll their eyes.ha.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Ducky u are so so right about us worrying about plastice bottles geeze--all the rads and test should make our body glow by now so it doesn't bother me.

Now I forgot Mary??? icky taste--always use plastic utensils never u'r regular silerware, ever, brush y'r teeth and rinse u'r mouth with biotene, Add it all together and it helps that icky taste.

Oh let's talk Diarrhea--the last couple of weeks it's more inder control I think because my pain pills are stronger---5 years I have had violent diarrhea--every test in the world I ended up in the hospital a few times for a week at a time for electrolyes so u have to watch that.Ihave shit my pants everywhre I have ever gone I always bring bring extra depends and bottoms--after one of my surgeries I had it every single day for 4 weeks and they found nothing--Sas remember when u went to all lengths to help me and I told the Drs, what to look for and they found nothing and I still wear Depends and it comes whenever it feels like it and most of the time I can't make it to the toilet. Loads of fun it started the first week of chemo and never stopped.  U'd thik I'd be skinny but no not me--I do take a med from th Drs. helps a little. That's why I can't plan ahead. LOL Now by chance I read certain back problems can cause diarhhea????? Well since I have (according to the reports) severe back deteriation maybe that's it. Who knows. OK I'll STFU

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

Hey Sas---did ya ever hear of back problems connected with the shits???????

damn i was born with the shits and i went to ever dr.this side of brooklyn,new yourk and new jersey and no one ever made that connection....and yeah i have sciatica and scoliosis(sp).....it seems that every day i learn a new thing on here.....ok il STFU now....time to get ready to check this body...actually today no itches....so im hoping no red welts.wish me luck for tomorrow.

this is by far the best,busiest thread on the BC site.I love all of you......xo princess kantalope

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Princess K I just happen to read this new revalation in some mag at one of my Drs. office but not dr. ever told me--I would like to know too since I'm another shitter. LOL

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

I love my shitting buddies♥ I have a ruptured disc at L4/5 and C4/5...never had it this bad though....Miss Sassy, M.D.....all docs called...going tomorrow for cultures, etc..... Thanks Again they were a little thrown off by my (your) intelligent questions..........HA

Ahhhhhhhhh so many things to look forward to!

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2013

Hooligans or is it Hooligals? - I'm a faithful lurker, but not up to posting much on BCO.  I'd like to have my nickname registered so I can jump in when I feel like it.  I so admire the fun you all share, but right now I'm barely hanging on waiting for diagnoses for multiple new crappy symptoms.  Later..

Jan I Am

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

ChickaD hahaha I remember talking to Drs. and saying what Sas told me to ask too and they thought I knew what I was talking about, but when they got more technical I was lost hahaha, but Sas gave me the ammo---so she's goood.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Chickpoo, I guess this one's literal, we'll retire it. CD They know everything I said, they just didn't know that you knew it. That's why they were surprised.

We can work on the shit;s on thurs. In St. Augustine tues/wed. Group work is good, You wouldn't believe the latrine in the fort in St augustine. Dh thought I was nuts, for thinking it was marvelous. Cami oh my I forget, but we'll try again

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Hi Jan..... I like Hula-gals.....I just pictured myself with my new boobs in a grass skirt...lol

LOVE ChickPoo...that is so ME right now....♥

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

I'd give anything for a good shit.........am I the only one here without diarrhea......lol

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2013

No Ducky  I'm with you.  Jan I Am

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

Ducky - That makes two of us.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

I'm not saying anything about pooping because the python in my gut is sleeping and I like him that way.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited May 2013

Hi, Hula-gals! I mostly lurk but would love to be added to the list of members of this fabulous group.

Jeanie

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Jeanie of course u'r added now all u have ro do is post--that's it. We are a little off sometimes but it makes it more interesting and questions we have our experts here (not me) so rant if u want ask if u want, just talk about anything u want we're here. WELCOME

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Hi Miss Jeanie.....thought your user name said Savage......I must be tired...night all you sexy beauties!

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2013

Sas,

I really appreciate how you share your knowledge so freely.  Are you sure you can't be a nursing instructor?  We certainly need someone like you to inspire nursing students with the desire to question doctors and to gain as much knowledge and experience as they can.  I've been a nurse for 37 years.  I'm still working with my favorite population, geriatrics, in an assisted living community. I really detest doctors who "diagnose" without supporting evidence.

Hope everyone enjoyed a pleasant Monday.