STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

OMG....we have the same "problem". My brain says 21....ok you can be younger than me .....lol....I would so love to colour my hair half purple and half red....my whole family

would have a heart attack, not to mention my colleagues and students .... Oh maybe

when I retire I will tell everyone to STFU , I'm 21, perfectly cool thing to do at that age...

😜😎💃

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Iatigger....just read that....love it....I always said over the age of 60 we should get rid

of all mirrors....rely on our amazing brains.....😳

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

U'r right about he mirrors at least they should be covered up, then of course people would come over and think I'm in some kind of vampire cult.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

Did I really need this broken left foot now too?  Oh the pain!  I've got an arsenal of pills but nothing seems to really help.  Perhaps a massage?  Suggestions Sisters?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

CM I'm sorry it's so painful, I guess it really depends on exactly where u broke it to determine the amount of pain. But u are keeping it raised as much as possible right? And what pain meds  are u on?

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

See Cami, we have brilliant minds....Cmbernardi....I was going to ask you the same question? Sas.....we need you here!!!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

CM.... Yes, do you elevate and ice it once in awhile?  Can you use some of that spray on gel for pain.... some sort of "ice" stuff?  And is it wrapped?  Just shoot it!

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

And no, I don't think I would massage it, or even move it around much!  Not when it hurts that bad!  Sometimes the drugs that we can take, just put you to sleep!  Can you call the Doc, and tell him what you are going through?

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Chevy....must be so much fun being around you....love the "just shoot it". could we do that for BC too....if so, when I go to Chicago, I'm buying a gun!!! Do you know if I can get a good price at the outlet malls???......😜😷😎

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

Holy crap! 75 unread posts! Somehow this fell off my faves list plus I felt too crappy to read anyway. Now I'll never catch up! Woe is me.....except that I'll be laughing my a** off by the time I catch up.

SAS - no pets for me. And we can just name me phy or phyllo to save space. But I might forget

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

HI, just woke up,

Flowers sooooosorry, It's not going to be easy. The key is elevation above heart level. If there is edema already, that makes the pain worse. Elevate constantly or as much as possible until edema gone. Even a few minutes with it in a dependent--sitting/walking-- can cause edema. You are beyond time frame for ice to help mechanically, but it will make it feel better because of numbing. There's an ice mix made with isopropyl alcohol that makes a slushy. I forget proportions so, google "ice pack made from alcohol". Keep on cloth protected skin 10 minutes on 10 minutes off, otherwise you can get a frost burn.

If there is thumping like feeling, that is assosiated with edema even if you can't see it. I always found it was an excellent symptom. Strange but true. Raise extremity until thumping stops, then bring extremity down till it starts thumping, then raise till just above that point. Thumping disappears and this will help with pain control.

Imperative that if allowed to bend ankle, to do foot pumps. Both legs. This is to prevent blood clots. Lay flat with legs above heart level. Point foot as if in a ballet point. Stretch it so you can feel the muscles working in lower leg and upper leg. Then bring the toes back torwards the nose. Toes to noses.. Stretch all the muscles that can be stretched lower and upper leg into butt. Think stretch and isometric. This is a critical activity, not to be taken lightly. I'll put in a plug. This should be done following all surgeries or any period of immobilization or significant reduction of activity. There are machines used in hospitals that mimic this activity, but this old fashioned activity done with elevation is the best.

One night I did the same as you, I slept with my legs going up the wall, no edema or bruising in the morning, but did have two broken little metatarsals. They are buggers.

I'm going to tell you something that they don't want you to know. I'm not telling you this to upset you. You stated the drugs aren't helping as you would usually expect. Your normal reaction is confusion as to why? The scenario is made worse by the presense of chemo. Wound and bone healing are impaired  by chemo. You have a right to know this. Plus, it helps to understand why the drugs aren't working. Please, elevate, foot pump, ice. Hope this helps HUGS sassy

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2013

Shell - We live just outside the southern entrance to Yosemite National Park...pretty much the middle of Califronia.  It's a wonderful here, just a bit removed from medical care.  Takes ambulance half hour to get here and almost an hour to hospital. 

Sas - My DH's leukemia is CLL.  He's holding his own and at this point sees his MO every 6 months.  Thanks for your info; I've filed it with our medical records.

Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend filled with joy.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Ckickad, got PM, can anyone imagine BIG BROTHER trying to make out what we are talking about. We could have some fun and talk about SEX to see if we can make them blush.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Jan, not doing application? They cover co-pays, medicare premiums all parts, prescriptions and or copays, I think insurance premiums,  forget what else. CLL is one of their covered diseases. AND it's retroactive till last year. Doesn't have to be new onset disease. So, they did screw up and not tell you about it. Income is not a restriction. I suppose it may be, but other things were denied us because of income , but not this.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Off to get LOTTO tickets, it's way high. I only buy tickets when it get big. It'll probably be about a billion by tonight. It was at 600 million this morning.......Hmmmm might buy a few.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2013

Sas - Wow!!!!!!! We'll get on this ASAP.  His secondary insurance premium is well over $500 a month, plus about $100 for Medicare.  Help would be wonderful.  The local Lymp group paid for my sleeve and glove.  Bless their hearts.  Cancer Society can be so wonderful as well as the power company. 

Still in pjs this morning and it's almost 9:30 here.  The weather is perfect and I should be outside.  Butt stuck in LayZBoy.  Lap top on lap, coffee at elbow.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

Sas - if you win big we'll set up our party and you help pay for those on our thread who need a helping hand, maybe get some of the fartfaces that balk to be on board.

Flowergirl - what bone is it? Is the foot casted? Bone pain hurts like hell, plus you probably hurt some ligaments and soft tissue when it broke. Keeping it elevated when you are resting will help with pain. If ice is too strong, put a cool rag on your skin - it will help a little. Use a NSAID like ibuprofen - take with food or milk. It will help reduce swelling, but be careful, it can cause stomach bleeding. Did they give you oxycodone? Take a narcotic at night. Distraction also helps a lot. 

Good luck honeybunch.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited May 2013

Hi, Sas. My treatment was Lx with SNB and IORT. Started Aromasin a month ago. I have a kitty furball named Maggie. She is a big ball of fluffy grey fur.

Jeanie

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Shells all ready thought of that LOL. Yeah I now have two nicknames, my real name is tough to make a nickname, always envied those with nicknames Thanks a bunch.

I still giggle over PHysiatrist, cuz I immediately was trying to make something up for it till i went, hey, it's a real word.

I think flowers said in a previous post it was a metatarsal. She was told that it was the hardest bone in the foot to heal. My knowledge is that the calcaneus is the worst for healing b/c of blood supply. She was in a cast boot. Pain meds were not working. So between our post it should be covered.

Flowers, to follow up on what Shells said. I know you said the drugs weren't working , but  to add to what Shells said. Take pain med and NSAID on a scheduled basis versus as necessary. This means take every x number of hours ordered(usuaully4). This will maintain blood level. I had a thread that I made diagrams, but I lost it. If your pain level isn't getting down to at least 4-5 call your doc. AS Shell said bone pain can be hard to control.

PHYll, I love your list, wouldn't change a word. Add more yes!

Jan there is an automatic grant from the local chapter of the Leukemia amd Lymphoma Society for 150.00. Application is form filled out by doctor, lot less stuff then National app. Chapter location and phone number can be located from the National  web page.

Will update roll call list tonight or tomorrow.

Don't forget survey WED 22nd for those that have furballs that found there BC and or cancers. I think sending survey is best to go to the researcher in England that has been doing the most work, They I think will be most receptive to what we are saying. The ultimate goal is to have researcher ask BCO to make survey available to all members.

• shellshine
    edited May 2013
  • ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

Hi everyone.... today in the mail I got a box of goodies from one of my clients ... filled with childhood candies, cracker jacks, etc.  so FUN.  But the best thing was a sticker.... I just made it my Avatar.... what do you think?????

One Tough Chick   HA

• shellshine
    edited May 2013

CD: Good one - now that we have seen your pretty face and hair it's okay to have a new avatar that matches your name screen name.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

Oops --- I got that one too -- the cartoon chick

Can't seem to post the pics here today -- so not sure which one I like-=----  Shells  You now have seen them both (your the only one -- LOl since I didnt realize the pic changed on EVERYTHING) 

What do you think of this one?

• shellshine
    edited May 2013

I like them both but I think the previous one describes you during this rough time you are going through. You are truly one tough chickadee. keep one for awhile and swith when you feel like it, that  little yellow chicky is cute.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

again you guys have been busy....

chick, hope you are doing well after chemo

phy, how r u after chemo.....

am reading the Oscar, cat in the nursing home book...

and oh watched 3 hours of The Big "C" and it was like me talking, other than I don't have brain cancer...

have a wonderful saturday night!!!

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

I love you guys... but I'm so tired from working in my yard and planting tomatoes, digging up Iris, laying mulch, and my brain is tired from figuring out what I am doing, and where!   Off to bed.... catch up with y'all in the morning!  Sweet dreams, sleep tight....don't let the bed bugs bite!  xoxoxo

• blondiex46
    edited May 2013

luv u too Chevy

oh and thanks Scottie!!!

• Kmrmiami
    Kmrmiami Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013

I understand EXACTLY how you feel, and I am made to feel guilty for not appreciating people's "concerns". There's a great video s**t girls say to girls with cancer... It's worth checking out.

• blondiex46
    edited May 2013

people are so stupid sometimes.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

Thanks to ALL for the wonderful info., suggestions and connections for more great info. on foot and bone repair.  Yes, I have kept foot elevated ASAP but the broken bone is the fifth metatarsal and MD said it is one of the hardest bones to repair.  Just got a pretty "BOOT" that makes me look like the bride of Frankenstein, GREAT!.  I will try any and all other suggestions that you all have made right now!  I'm taking Celebrex when I can (have GERD) and Dilauded to Tylenol depending on the pain level.  Gonna go back to icing too just because it relieves the pain a little.   Thanks again ALL.  Happy Sunday, Peace, Luv and Blessings!

"Flowers"