STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

Thanks sas.gonna try the ice but right now after an all day sleep I feel ok.hey you cannot remember everything.my GS still says I'm givin this too much power.grrr.

Veggy...prayin for you as always.Cant wait to finally see you.

chicka...why don't you take a pic.of your new crush...dying to see him.

Anyone know anything about RED? She has been AOL longer then me.E erroneous knows when the shit hits the fan I run curl up in a ball and hide.

Chevy...Scottie,Cami and the rest of the gang.i miss all of you...

Hoping the family drama is over..till the next time.i need a break.

Hugggs everyone...princess purple kantalope.xo

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2013

Veggy, You will get results tomorrow AND they will be good! I'm sending uber-positive vibes your way

Chevy, I'm near the end of the nickname list. I can't remember the names Sas gave me. I've given up on the weather report. All I know for certain is there will be weather. Saying prayers of safety and well-being for those in the mid-west along Tornado Alley.

Wishing all sweet, peaceful dreams tonight.

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

Hate the iPad...and yeah my spelling stinks...but you all knew that before cause Chevy told you.soooolet Chevy figure it out in the morning.according to my clock she went to bed around 6-7pm tonite...with her chickens.hahaha..

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

Princess PK: do you have an electronic keyboard for your iPad?

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

Don't know what that is????ha ha.ha...wait till Chevy sees this one...

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

Did any of you ice your nails during chemo ? Just wondering if it helps.....cant sleep...I strangely hurt all over...joints...bones....My PharmD wants me off my Cymbalta (only 20mg per day) 2 days ago b/c it interacts with the Herceptin.?(Edit...it reacts with Taxotere)... I use it to manage my pain from the ruptured discs in my spine....I cant believe my pain is from only being off small dose of this drug for 2 days....but maybe....ugh.............

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Princess, My skin issues lasted for 7 months after that one chemo. Tubbing 20-30 minutes twice a day. The itching was horrible when it happened. The ice bag I used was the type that had cloth on one side, it was square, big enough for 3/4 of the back. My legs were the problem. I'd lay that bag over the itch area. After  x minutes it'd be calmed down. Don't remember x. But it wasn't all that long. Remember when I said your skin is hypersensitive. It'll take time for it to calm down. It's not just in your head.

Ducky yes same as yours, plus the exercise I did in addition to those, was lunge with the stretch on the posterior foot, then switching. Things majorly improved with the birkenstocks b/c of the heelcup that protected the heel bone(calcaneus). Then the young Schatzi ate the birkenstock, but shortly after I quit floor work. So it was okay.

Veggy good luck. Talk with doc about nails--MO. There's names that are typically long and diifficult. Onchyolysis, onchymedesis (sic?), one more onch (?????).

Shell your eyes are beautiful. hows the foobs?

Iatig, hows your foobs, one week post exchange? 

Mary good luck with chemo :)

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Good Morning All--I got back tired last night ad really wasn't on the computer-but all the cathcing up WTF

Veggy u'll no doubt get u'r news today and we are all praying for u.

ChickaD I like u'r Avatar--so cute.

Oh that broken leg, u had to break the worse thing of course. It seems like it's going to take longer to heal-=I'm sorry.

And waiting for surgery is the pits, u wantt to just get it over with, I think and yet u don't want it at all.

Princess K how are u doing? Another weeks of meds, Drs, and gerneral ickyness.

And Sas u'r nicely informing all os us what's going on cuz most of us are in the dark.

I didn't sleep well last night that means I sleep on and off all day, and I realy don't like that--My DD had a nice little party for me, but we didn't not light any candles--at this age it's a big fire hazard so we forego the tradition now.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

ChickaD can't stop a SSNRI that QUICK can cause major s.e.'s It's called serotonin syndrome. Have to be weaned, otherwise dangerous. I know GORGEOUS may tell you that it's a small dose. But it's not, according to your brain. Welcome to our world. Call PCP for weaning schedule. Safest  thing is to take dose again until you talk to PCP.

What's it interacting with? Important --need to know, I can run drug checker and the program offers alternative choices.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

All the Best Ms. Veggie!  Praying for you and in your pockets too.  B sure to keep us posted.  Peace, Love and Blessings to you today and always!

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Cami.......happy birthday...❤....sorry you didn't sleep well.

Sas....you are amazing!!!!!

Veggy....my fingers and toes are crossed .

Princess PK....soooo glad you're back....missed you...sorry Shell is playing with your mind so soon after your return, I'll have words .....😋😎

What can we do to get Red out of hiding.....any ideas?

Everybody else....hi..❤....no shool today as we here in Canada get Monday off to celebrate Queen Victoria's Birthday...you gotta love that...ha ha ha

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Sas this georgeous hunk is blinding our ChickaD so u have to watch over her--he must be something---we'd like to see a pic. u can take it with u'r phone, (if u know how) I don't.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

ChickaD, ran the program for cytoxan,taxol, taxotere, adriamycin. Program shows interaction between with Taxotere & cymbalta, and adriamycin & cymbalta. Hope you haven't left for port insertion. Calling.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

I was up super early. I'll be sleeping on our way to see the PS. We have a 2 1/2 hour drive. Keep thinking "Happy Thoughts" for me.

Thanks everyone! You're all in my pockets!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

In you pocket also Veggy!!! Praying for only Great News!!!

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited May 2013

Good morning gals and Happy birthday Cami.

Well it was an interesting night. Power went 15min before the storm even hit. Not normally a big deal but no power means the sump pump doesnt pump. This too was not a big deal because we just installed a water backup pump that kicked in which gave us time to kick off the generator. But when we plugged in the main pump it kept getting stuck and wasnt shutting off. DH was very stressed. A couple hours of babysitting the pump the power finally came on and I figured out a way to keep the float from sticking. So we were able to head to bed around 1am and we are back up at 530. Now i am rambling, i will STFU. I think it is going to be a nap kind of day.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

HAPPY BIRTDAY CAMIIIIII, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CAMI, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, OU DE BOP, BIDIE BO POP.

Scottie your sweet, regrettfully, to much as been learned from personal (me, family, friends) experience as well as professional experience.

ChickaD missed you. This discontinuation is NOT kosher. NOT. Is that strong enough. I'm in the pissed range.  The interaction is 30-50%. If they had started weaning when they knew what you were going to be on, you would have been down to at least 5 mg range. Talk with doc about switching to Prozac for the low dose weaning b/c most of the SSRI's and SSNRI's can get that low and prozac can . Here's hoping no anesthesia difficulty.

I'm going to find something I wrote someplace else on dicontinuation of SSNRI's and SSRI's and all the drugs in each class(family). It'll be lengthy b/c it is

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Good morning Iowa.....glad you are safe and sound.....geez....should we Canucks just stay north of the border ....😱 I'm thinking about July....lol

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Veggy u know are arms are aroubd you--and all pray for good news.

All the drugs we take u woder how all the Drs, really do jnow all the interactions, even thos some say no interactions some of these deugs are so new--we're the lab rats and in so many years the'll be with new drugs and not use these. So right now we're all prett screwed--there is still so much they don't know.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013
    Morning Hooligans! 

Gigi!  I have it figured out!  I was never afraid of snakes, or even those huge big hairy black Tarantula's.... because we played with all of them in a science class in grade school!

But before this, when I was about 6, my Brother and I had to go to our folks friends house, so Mom could go to work.... Dad was in the War.  Well these people lived in this place that was very poor... I guess you could say...

I mean only floor-boards in the house, so sweeping was no problem!  Just sweep anything between the cracks!  And they had an old wood stove, a pump in the "kitchen" by the sink, but the thing is, NO inside plumbing.

So when we had to go, I had to stand and make sure their damn GEESE were not anywhere near me or in-between me and the out-house...  But every damn time, those geese could HEAR me sneak out that creaky back screen, and make a bee-line to the outhouse door, screaming all the way!  I KNOW everyone else within ear-shot probably thought this was the funniest THING! 

But those geese could peck or beak a person to death!  They have beaks and legs and WINGS!  So they could peck you into oblivion!!  I was a scared little girl!

Chickens rank right up there WITH them.  They are the same!  But they haven't chased me YET!

So this has nothing to do with ANYthing, but my fear of feeding these damn chickens will hopefully subside, once I make it one day on my own, of going INto their coop, with a shot-gun in my hand and mace.

I love all animals, but for some reason, just thinking of doing this alone makes me get goose-bumps.  I could be pecked to death!  I mean YOU don't know!  (Oh wait!  I just read where I said "GOOSE BUMPS"...  LITERALLY, Ha, ha!)

Sassafrass and Princess!  I have always had terminal problems with my skin also!  It's just US!  Right now I have a long welt type affliction on my right arm...  Just itching and hanging out... It's something to do with our systems... Maybe nothing we are getting into....  Just something like hormones, or WHATever raging around in there.... I just take Claritin or Zyrtec.... seems to help.

Princess, for awhile there, I thought maybe you and Sir Charles had left the country together!  I mean we haven't heard from either one of you for the longest time!    STILL haven't heard from him....  do you have any idea why NOT?   I'm just sayin'.

Thinking of you Veggie....  I'll keep checking this thread for your good news!  Is Charles going to meet with you two? 

And OH!  You guys with nail fungus?  I had it along with everything else!  So I read where that Distilled vinegar really helps!  Just dip a Q-tip in a little, then rub it around your nails a few times a day...  My whole finger really hurt, and the nail by the cuticle was yellow and lifting.  But now it is almost gone!  It quit hurting right away, and the nail is growing out normal!   So just try it!  See?  I DO know something after all!

Princess Kantalope and an electronic keyboard???  Hell I don't even know what THAT is!!!  I know an electronic KEYboard.... No, wait I don't!  You mean WHAT?????????? 

You mean that musical instrument?  Is there some such thing for ... oh hell, wait a minute!

So you mean it is just a separate key-board?  But then it talks about having blue-teeth, and stupid stuff like that!   Where-as our Princess has to use the stupid little screen to type?  I mean my little rinky-dink cell phone is too small to type!  I would hate that too little Kantalope.  You are safe this time.... Ha! xoxoxo

Yes happy Birthday Cammi!  I LOVE Birthdays...  Just don't pay attention to the number.....  Birthdays are time to celebrate.

Morning TiggerToo...!  Your plumbing problems rank right up there with hair-pulling rants!  Did you also use Duck tape?  Ha!   Hope you sleep well.

So you gals that use something different than a desk-top to type, I don't know HOW you DO it!  That would be nerve-wracking.... And we all hate wracked nerves.... Ha!  xoxoxox

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

This is a post done by Linda n3, We were on the HOT FLASH FORUM together. I'm still looking for the other stuff. Linda's a pharmacist.

Aug 23, 2011 02:55 PM Linda-n3 wrote:

OK, I finally got some information for you all on serotonin syndrome. 

Serotonin syndrome is caused by having higher levels of serotonin in the system than your body can tolerate, and most often occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time. The drugs cause too much serotonin to be released or to remain in the brain area.  Serotonin syndrome is more likely to occur when you first start or increase the medicine.

For example, you can develop this syndrome if you take migraine medicines called triptans together with antidepressants called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and selective serotonin/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SSNRIs). Popular SSRI's include Celexa, Zoloft, Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, and Lexapro. SNRI's include Cymbalta and Effexor. Brand names of triptans include Imitrex, Zomig, Frova, Maxalt, Axert, Amerge, and Relpax.

Symptoms occur within minutes to hours, and may include:

• Agitation or restlessness
    • Diarrhea
    • Fast heart beat
    • Hallucinations
    • Increased body temperature
    • Loss of coordination
    • Nausea
    • Overactive reflexes
    • Rapid changes in blood pressure
    • Vomiting

Patients may get slowly worse and can become severely ill if not quickly treated. Untreated serotonin syndrome can be deadly. However, with treatment, symptoms can usually go away in less than 24 hours.

Call your health care provider right away if you have symptoms of serotonin syndrome.

Prevention:  Always tell all of your healthcare providers and pharmacists what medicines you take. Patients who take triptans with SSRIs or SNRIs should be closely followed, especially right after starting a medicine or increasing its dosage.

A good idea is to ask your pharmacist to review ALL your medications with you if you are taking more than 3 or 4 (including supplements!).  The chance for drug-drug interactions goes up with each additonal drug, and for those of us who are on 5 or more, there is a very high likelihood that there are at least a couple of potential interactions just waiting to happen!!!!

Adverse drug reactions kill a lot of people every year, so we need to be very informed about what we are taking, why we are taking it, any potential interactions between our drugs/food/supplements, and whether we are taking them correctly.  If you need the meds, take them so they give you the best benefit with the lowest risk.  And DON'T DISCONTINUE ANY MEDICATION WITHOUT TALKING TO YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER!!!

If anyone wants more of the physiology of this, let me know and I will produce another tome for your reading pleasure!  Wink

Linda

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Linda's post mentions that Serotonin Syndrome is most likely to occur when a SSRI or SSNRI is  started or increased. The same thing can happen except worse if a SSRI/SSNRI is discontinued. In that case it's called Serotonin Discontinuation Syndrome.

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Sas.....I rest my case....You really are amazing...❤

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Repost from HOTFLASH FORUM

Aug 24, 2011 11:22 PM, edited  Aug 24, 2011 11:25 PM    by sas-schatzi

FOLKS doesn't it just frost your pattuty that we have to do so much of our own research on everything BC related. . Of course if we could find something that frosted our pattuties we would be happy as anything.. Gone a while for grieving. Read last three pages.

Linda thank you for the Serotonin Syndrome description.  Around page 8. I listed all the SSRI"S and SNRI"S and dopamernergic-----Wellbutrin.

ANYONE READING THIS MUST ---MUST PAY ATTENTION-----TO SEROTONIN SYNDROME.  I said earlier doc's get off on there own thing with there specialities.  If you are on any of these drugs and immediately stop----irreversible damage can occur. All these drugs must be weaned.

To all . In review it appears that the SNRI's work better for hotflahes than SSRI's  The SNRI"S are Savella ,cymbalta, Effexor, ------The fourth drug in the group is Pristique, no one has mentioned using it.

The danger here that I see, is usage is all over the map.

There is a term for use of a medicine as "off label". The FDA approves a drug through 4phases of clinical trials before a drug is used as approved by the FDA,. for a specific reason. What can happen over time is, by word of mouth a drug is started to be used for another reason. Hence, The SNRI's and SSRI's are being used" off label" b/c by word of mouth  b/c "others" have a good response.

What is not happening is the doc's being responsible about discontinuation of these drugs. "Doesn't work just stop it". That line can cause irreparable harm.

The oddity here was the FDA was developed in the 30's , after there were multiple people killed b/c of a drug sold that killed people.  They established standards for review , the phase 4 trials.. Drugs had to be used for the reason they were produced. Here comes the 90's and all of a sudden it was ok for a doc to prescribe a drug "off label". HOW DID THAT DIFFER THAN THE REASON THE FDA WAS ESTABLISHED.

Ladies whatever goes into your bodies be careful. We are desperate for relief. AND it appears no one is listening and care is NOT being taken to protect uS

===================================================

Repost from Hotflash forum pg 8

Jul 23, 2011 01:12 PM, edited  Jul 23, 2011 02:21 PM    by sas-schatzi

Edited today5/20/2013: There are multiple neurotransmitters in the brain. Serotonin, norepnephrine, dopamine, these are the major players.

SSRI-selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor

citalopram (Celexa, Cipramil, Emocal, Sepram, Seropram) escitalopram oxalate (Lexapro, Cipralex, Esertia) fluoxetine (Prozac, Fontex, Seromex, Seronil, Sarafem, Fluctin (EUR)) fluvoxamine maleate (Luvox, Faverin) paroxetine (Paxil, Seroxat, Aropax, Deroxat, Paroxat) sertraline (Zoloft, Lustral, Serlain) dapoxetine (no known trade name

SSNRI or SNRI--selective serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor

Venlafaxine (Effexor XR, Effexor) Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) Duloxetine(Cymbalta)

milnacipran(Savella)

TCA-----tricyclic antidepressants---older class of drugs, not much used anymore b/c of to widespread side effects And the advent of first the SSRI's then the SNRI's

DRI's --dopaminergic reuptake inhibitors-------wikepedia lists a huge amount of drugs in this class. The most well known one for general population use is Wellbutrin.

bupropion(Wellbutrin, Zyban)----I would have sworn on a bible it was a SSRI

I said I'd do a complete list. So, here it is. I'm so glad my mind does not need to learn this stuff again. I started learning them in the days of MAOI's --the 70's. Poor young ones of todayUndecided.

MAOIS--monamineoxidase inhibitors-------way old class of drugs, lots of bad side effects essentialy, use stopped with advent of TCA's. TCA's essentialy stopped withadvent of SSRI's (prozac was the first). There has been a new Maoi approved within the last year , but forget it's name. All I remember thinking about the drug was OH MY why would the FDA allow it , they were that much trouble.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

I called the oncologist for my results. Left a message. We're leaving in 20 minutes.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

Sassafrass...got your message this morning at hospital already I did speak with my PCP and he said to just stop it.....doctors say it interferes with Taxotere and thank you so much for answering I'm going to ask again the onc and my team at the clinic today about it ......talk to you all later

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2013

Happy birthday, Cammi.

Sitting in the airport, playing with my new iPad that DH gave me for our anniversary. Hope you all have a great day.

Veggie, still sending those good thoughts and prayers your way.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Veg, keeping my fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you. Have to go to chemo this morning. I hate this stuff, makes my electrical system all funky, but tumor markers are down some, so maybe its doing its job..I hope so. Feeling a little down today knowing Im going to have to be on some shit the rest of my life...I always feel like this after I get back from a trip and have to get back to real life....Will check back in later.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

CkickD, Interesting. My drug checker shows no interaction between herceptin and cymbalta. please, ask your MO folks what the mechanism is for interaction? Be back going back to check the others. Seems to me you said you were going to be on ACT. I took it to mean Adriamycin, cytoxan, and taxol or taxotere.

Please, I know I being pushy, read all the reposted stuff on SSRI's and SNRI's. I don't want to worry that you don't know this stuff.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

printe-mail Save

Interaction Report

ImpactAffected Drug Pharmaco KineticPharmaco DynamicCausative Agents

Adriamycin     Major Cytoxan, Taxotere IV, Taxol, Herceptin
      doxorubicinol Metabolism Unknown    

Taxotere IV   30-50% Major Adriamycin, Cymbalta, Taxol

Taxol Minimal Some Taxotere IV, Cytoxan, Herceptin

Cytoxan   Some Adriamycin, Taxol, Herceptin
      4-hydroxycyclophosphamide