Comments

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

To our house in FLORIDA.......yay

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Oh God Ducky!  That reminds me of the salad caper!  I made the dinner salad, like I normally would, but for some stupid reason, it was "all wrong!"  I mean I was supposed to chop it all up into bite-size pieces?  WTF??   REALLY????  YFK, right???  Nope, had to go through it all, and make the bites all the same size!   You know where I wanted to dump that salad, right?

Guess it was the "mood"......Wink talking.

Oh, I mentioned our weather!  WHO was coming here?  Well the mornings are going to be in the 40's, and the daytimes maybe 70's.... So a light jacket..... maybe muck-lucks, and down-parkas, just in case..... and an umbrella, and a pole to hang onto.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Pole dancing?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Sas...know that exercise, and it worked

...could barely walk, both feet, must be 25 years ago......was shown that, and it was friggin amazing....pain gone in no time........and an Orthopedic doctor showed me........never had pain since.....I swear by it.......bet we are talking about the same thing...

Chevy......the fun with salad is getting the shit all over your top trying to suck it all in....lol...yea, do it that way, and try to pick it up.......serve it with a spoon...lol.......never saw a restaurant do bite size pieces..........know how many blouses I have destroyed slurping salad....lol

By the way, thing went great, we were actually civil with each other....but it was just the 2 of us.....add another person, and the whole thing could erupt.....lol....

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

I'm back.

Alive and kicking.

Hoping to meet Veggy on Tues.

I'm havin all kinds of family bullshit...as usual....funky mood.

Just wanted to check in.

Still itchy...I'm sure it's nerves now.

Ill be back

Xo princess purple kantalope

• duckyb1
    edited May 2013

Gran..........when does it end.......if they only knew.......hugs.....

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

With all the new nicknames I can't keep everyone straight. Remember I am going through chemo and have a big hole in my brain called chemobrain. Even if I print out the list of nicknames It would still be impossible to keep everyone straight. Not that none of you are straight to begin with. Didn't mean to offend anyone and call them straight. Calling someone straight is like calling them normal and we all know that normal is boring. You guys are far from boring.

I'm still recovering from Friday. I never got the pet scan results as promised. I am thankful I have my friends Ativan and Benedryl. Van and Ben have kept me calm and helped me sleep at night. Tomorrow I will get the results one way or another. I have an appointment with my plastic surgeon tomorrow and I had the results sent to him. Or on the way to the PS I can stop at the onc office and get them or go to where the Pet scan was done and get the results from them. Both places aren't far out of my way on my travels.

I talked to Princess yesterday. I'll be seeing her Tuesday or maybe later today if I have energy. Van and Ben put me in a deep sleep and made me have the most vibrant dreams that I couldn't wake up from.

Good day people!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Ducky did it look like a lunge forward position. I could roll out of bed and land in that position holding on to the night stand. Everytime the PF would act up, i'd restart up with them again. Birkenstocks helped too. The exercise was allot cheaper.

Save your notes for next time

Granny, hello.....Have fun with veggy. Sorry your still itchy. Ahemmmmmmmm

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

Yeah I'm still itchy but when my Gd looked there is nothing ther.grrrrr.

Guess it has to do with nerves...

Just hoping this too shall pass.

Hugggs to all.princess purple kantalope

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Granny,just cuz you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. Can't see oxygen and it's there L&H's sassy

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

Thanks sas..kinda makes sense tho..it's like my skin is crawling.WTF.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2013

I am back and pissed off that I didn't win powerball. I was counting on the money for pete's sake. Did they not get the memo? I know, STFU Stretch aka April aka Joyce (my real name..lol)

Sas, don't you live in FL? Did you win my money? If you did, you better share since there is more than enough for everyone in that pot. More money than some small countries have.

Not even going to try to catch up although I did skim a few pages. I guess our ChickaD has a crush on her pharmacist?

Hugs to all. I am off to check my cat's blood sugar. Poking that poor baby's ear several times a day to see how he is doing on the new dose since the first week was not enough to regulate him. That has been my life lately. Poking a poor kitty cat's ear and trying to catch him peeing mid stream so I can check for ketones with a strip.

Ok, see you all later. xoxo

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2013

Chevy, I'm coming to Denver.  Lived there for 22 years so I know the weather can change every 5 minutes.  I'm packing a little of everything except the pole.Smile  

Shell, Now we know why Chevy went to bed so early last night.  She literally went to bed with the chickens.

Thanks for your words of support.  I'll keep in touch.

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

Just took a picture to show you my eyes, still a little swollen and no makeup - took it with my Mac and still in my nightgown. That's my boy in the background - will delete picture in a couple of days.

I'll read all your posts laters - too much excitment before my coffee!

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2013

Shell,

Beautiful!

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Wow, Shell.....you're gorgeous!!!!! your eyes are amazing....well worth what you had to go through.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Shell.......GORGEOUS (just like my PharmD tee hee)

April.....if your kitty gets freaked out by the pee collection....I use to put a pie tin/plastic bowl on end of stick so there is some distance between you and collection....that usually worked for me in past.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

Veggy glad that you have those men in your life....chemobrain sucks...

Chic...wish I was in FLA with you..

beautiful Shell

cheesesteaks for dinner...

bbl

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Im baaaaack....211 posts while I was gone...really? It will take me all night to catch up, so be back later....xoxox

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Hi Marywho!  I think about 150 of the posts were mine.... Ha!  Good to see you!

I've still been working in my gardens.... Getting ready to chicken-sit starting Tuesday morning!  I haven't learned all their names yet, but I don't think they will care....Wink  They are still getting used to their huge new coop!    I'm taking my other chicken neighbor over Tuesday, to sort of give me moral support, in case, you know, they swoop all over me! 

And yes Shells!  You look beautiful!  Looks like you have a beautiful view of something from the sliding door?

And Princess!  How fun you came back to us!  You KNOW not to pay any attention to trouble makers, right?  Just tell them we will come and jump all over them, so to leave you the hell alone.... Ha! 

Yes, Julianna.... WHAT is your nick-name again?  Did I forget.... again?  I don't have it on my paper Sass!   I DO go to bed pretty early, but usually around 9 or 10 lately!  And then get up about 5....  But last night, I was really tired, and then when I started crocheting, I just stayed up.... 

Okay, see you in the morning girl-friends! xoxoxoxo

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited May 2013

Savgigi... or Jeanie... WHAT is your nickname?  We can call you "fluffy"?  Or is that your little fur-ball?  Ha!  Except I love Jeanie too.

Hi, Chicken-sitter (oops! Chevy Laughing). I have not had a nickname in a really long time. I think the last nickname someone gave me was Jinx and that was my SOB ex-husband. My grandkids call me GiGi so that will work!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2013

Zephyr hills isn't real far from me, but I didn't win the lottery!! Darn it!!

Happy, hang in there, ugh, STFU Monday to all

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Princess purplekantaloupe. Forgivr me. I can't believe I didn't remember  this. The several months after my only chemo , I had skin issues. One was itching. Duh. Whomever , bless them, told me to use a large icepack over a wide are. Leave it on till the itching stops. Then remove. I found it managed it well. Heaven.OH princess sorry.

• duckyb1
    edited May 2013

Sas....this is it....you stand in front of a wall, arms length out.....while keeping your heels flat on the floor you lean into the wall, keeping your legs straight, and bend your arms while moving forward, and touch your nose to the wall....sounds goofy, but by keeping your heels flat on the floor you stretch out the facia part of the sole of the foot........really works

Also

TULLY'S HEEL PADS for inside your shoe

You can also stand on your bottom step on the stairs.........put the ball of your foot on the edge of the step, then drop you heels down toward the floor, and lift back up............this also stretches the facia........try it.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Ok, I must confess that I skimmed alot of it and skipped some completely. It would take me 2 days to read. Had a good time this week-end. Didnt sell much and spent more than we made, rained all day Saturday, but we had a tent so only got soaked setting up and taking down...nobody was spending any money, which was ashame for my sister, but we had fun.Dh spent the week-end working on my sisters house and yard so he stayed busy too. The mountains were really pretty, everything is just blooming up there and people are really proud of their gardens. Back to chemo tomorrow if my ekg is ok. Wont know that till I go in,though. Off to do 3 days worth of dishes ds kindly left me in the sink, but he put in 34 hours in 2 days at the race track so I cant be too mad, then Im off to bed..xoxox 

• veggy
    edited May 2013

Let's hope I get my results tomorrow. I have an appointment with the PS tomorrow. I had the results sent to him too. I'll get them one way or another.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Miss Veg....been praying for good results for you xoxo

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

lets hope you get the results tomorrow, if not we can storm the place.....

I had a weeks full of dishes in the sink, don't want to do them cause of my nails and afraid I will get the fungus again, but the boys are lazy and won't do them....

have a good night.....off to read about Oscar the cat!!!

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Veggy.....sending prayers up for tomorrow....❤

• veggy
    edited May 2013

Blonde- what kind of fungus? From chemo? I have something going on with my nails. Something oozing out and it feels like the nails are lifting from the nail beds. And they hurt.