STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Xanax hangover this morning but I only got up 2 times Last Night!!! WOO HOO!!! For all that don't know - no more anti-estrogen meds for me MO stated - "You have tried all 4 and they just aren't worth the problems they cause for you." I am scared but ok with it - now to move on with what I have been doing naturally... Swell was down when I saw the LE therapist - so that is going in the right direction. Scapula pain is getting better too with the PT - only one more visit with her. After work today I go pick up my fixed jovipak night vest and sleeve.  The stitching came out and had to return it for repairs.  Its an 1.5 hour drive, so pray I stay awake...

Oh and the PCP's office has assigned me to a new DO that is coming in -  No one I know has any clue who she is so I am a guinea pig again, I guess.

Love you all  - Missing Fuzzy - Has anyone had any news on her????

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

U got is good Sas.

And yes Chevy very similiar and u know I can't type without a 1,000 mistakes so don't pick on every little word anyway I just heard that word on TV and thought oh that's an old one not used often and since I'm old I thought I'd use it.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

IATig I checked to see if someone was here, but didn't hit refresh UGH. Tig recheck your update to see if I got it correct. Did any of your furballs find your cancer? There's a survey wed 22nd.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

GMA, last I heard from Fuzzy as you know her Mom died, she was also working on breast news that sounded not so good, she hasn't posted since then, I sent her some Jeff Dunham, she left a thank you on my recorder--UGH I missed the call--napping.

Edit left messages on her recorder, but my guess is she's cocooning.

Esther, you should start to have better sleep soon, Xanax is a good drug, but must be used carefully, how much are you going to take. Is it just for sleep? Is Trazodone still in the soup? Why can't you pick PCP at a multi doc office? MY place has seven docs, we choose who we wamt.

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited May 2013

Sas I am not seeing the updates but maybe its just me.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Tig just finished:)

Cami look on pg 132 see what I can update on you?

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Tig you had your Te exchange Mon? How'd you do?

• iatigger
    edited May 2013

Sas update looks good now.

I am doing well from the swap. Called and asked if I can get the drains out today and they said yes so I should have a great weekend. Had an anesthesiologist that I will never have again, he walked in before surgery with several days of stubble and it wasnt like he could pass for Don Johnson or anything. At first I thought he was coming in to clean the room. When I woke up I had a 2 inch scrape on the gumline and my throat hurt like hell. Took me a day and half to feel somewhat normal . When i had my bmx I didnt evenfeel like I had any anesthesia. Definitely going to warn the PS about this moron. From what I can tell the PS did a good job of fixing the extra skin issues from the first surgery so I am happy.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Sas I just looked--anything is fine with me---I'm easy--since I was 15/

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Tigger, Appearances can mean so much. He certainly didn't engender confidence and then to have trouble, makes you wonder. Besides PS, drop a note to any one of the following Chief/director of anesthesia, chief of surgery, chief/executive medical director of hospital. Otherwise, CONGRATULATIONS another milestone out of the way!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

I'm too scared to call for my results. I couldn't sleep last night. Right now I am making apple pancakes. I'm thinking of taking an Ativan before I call or hold on to the bottle just in case. Does it get any easier?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Veggy.....excuse my lapse of memory........what results.......can't remember shit......horrible........although sometimes being able to forget is good.....but not in your case....refresh me Sweetie....

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Sas - left you a pm but forgot one of your questions above - All the docs in our group aren't taking new patients, so I am assigned to the new one unless, after I meet her, I have issues with her, then they will discuss options. I know one of the docs personally, but really don't want to ask favors. It might be a blessing in disguise - we will see.

Xanax is just when I need sleep - I only woke up 2 time last night :)

• veggy
    edited May 2013

Pet scan

I just called the oncologist's office. I hate... Press six for your doctor, press two for test results, press three for the fun of it. We will call you back when we feel like it.

Now I'm sitting on pins and needles. I might pass out when the phone rings.

• iatigger
    edited May 2013

Only "unremarkable" result thoughts coming your way Veggy!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Thanks Veg.......good thoughts and prayers for you.......let us know when you hear.......horrible they keep you waiting......is there any way you can bypass the bullshit by pressing 0........I know sometimes it works.........it did for me when my husband had his Pancreatic cancer......once I got to the person after I presses 0, I assured her I knew it was not her fault, and then let loose.........

After that when I talked to the Dr I told him......"this is your rule, and you pass it off to the office staff to tell us".........."I don't care how busy you are or how many patients you have, we deserved to be treated fairly, and not kept waiting"............"walk in my shoes waiting for just 1 test result, and maybe you will be a little more compassionate"..........."it is our life, our result and our sanity, we deserved to be treated with respect, and not like cattle"........never waited again.....my husband's disease was mine too......I was his advocate when he could not be......of course he died, but not without a huge battle.....and I earned the respect he deserved.../p>

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2013

sas - chemo and rads done in 2011

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

GMA, sleep glorious sleep, It will be interesting to see what kind of changes occur the farther you're away from the drugs:)

Veggy BREATHE, Ativan sounds good.

Jan gotter done:)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited May 2013

SAS, LX, re-excision, MX 2012. One year of anastrasole down 4 to go. Furbaby: none at present :(    I am volunteering more at the shelter to make up for it. One slot just brushes, pets, and plays with the cats.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Veggy I'm sorry u feel so upset. They'll call back and tell us right away.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Veggy How far is the pet scan place, I know we've done this before about getting medical records. But it seems it like an hour or better? Breathe, Hugs

• veggy
    edited May 2013

It's about 25 minutes from my place.

Trying to breathe and keep calm.

I think I'll start dinner next to give me something to do.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Wren, MY dear schatzi now six was a pound puppy 3m/o when DS found her. I couldn't believe his fortitude in selecting her. He went for 21 weeks in a row either here or at university town pound. I could have never done it. Your such a good person to volunteer there, it must be hard to leave them when it's time :( .......  SIL volunteers a few hours on sat's, Fufills her need too :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Veggy Call and ask if you can pick it up, you never need to wait , you just need a photo ID and sign a release form. There are those that don't want to pick them up.....It's an idividual thing.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Sas can u get it faxed if u have a fax with someone? I know when I need something I have it faxed to my Dgtr. not medical records thos--I'm usually there anyway.LOL

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

I was able to get stuff faxed from PCP and MO's office. Hospitals won't fax. Don't know if PCP/MO's offices have changed. Hippa gets tighter and tighter each year. WE used to xerox and hand them to patients, then it changed. The key though is we have a right to our own medical records. The facility has the right to charge if they care to. :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Veggy, Call'em, it's not right to keep you on a limb like this, Checking in babe, Cami and I here with you L&H&;s kiddo sheila

• veggy
    edited May 2013

Its after 4 and I have heard nothing.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Call and ask for the manager

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

sick'em veggy