Taxol Minimal Some Taxotere IV, Cytoxan, Herceptin

Cytoxan   Some Adriamycin, Taxol, Herceptin
      4-hydroxycyclophosphamide      

Cymbalta 30-50% Some Adriamycin, Taxotere IV

Herceptin   25-75% Some Adriamycin, Cytoxan, Taxol
  • sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

ChickaD, tried to bring drug report her, there program appears to prevent that. OH well.

Gma, when I was looking on the Hot flash forum, I saw that you and I were active there in the early days. Do you remember that?

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Chickie, Taxol and taxotere metabolism are impacted by cymbalta, Adriamycin metabolism impacted by cymbalta, Hope you follow this: Herceptin and each individual drug---taxol & taxoctere & adriamycin impact each other, ( H to taxol, H to taxotere, hto adraimycin)...........So maybe if they take cymbalta out of the mix, then can better predict how all your primary chemotherapeutic drugs will work. The problem is your body is not going to like  the sudden stopping of cymbalta. I hate to be a thorn, but you are a set up for a discontinuation problem. Plus you add in that your chemotherapeutics will be given in the same time period as your body is dealing with abruptly d/c'ing cymbalta.

The interaction in the checker says that cymbalta/taxotere, Cymbalta/taxotere cymbalta/adriamycin affects the liver. So, it's reasonable to dc(discontinue) the cymbalta with use of these drugs. The concern is the abrupt stoppage of cymbalta. If you have problems they will not be able to identify the cause definitively, because they have already discounted cymbalta as a source, by saying there is no problem to just cut it out. Okay I'll get off the soapbox. Just get them to answer this Please. 

Yes your are at a low dose, doesn't mean the body won't react.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

Veggy...waiting to hear from you..fingers crossed.

happy birthday Cammi.have a wonderful day

BTW my iPad is electronic...my GD says so.dont use this thing all that much soo I'm still tryin to figure it out.

BTW...RED has been missing..anyone hear from her?should we try to get in touch with her??

ill be back

Hugggs to everyone ....good luck with anyone who has to go to dr/tax..

Princess purple kantalope

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Sas, your good at finding these things. Can you find out what if any interactions between Halaven and Ondansetron are? Seems like I read some place there are some, but cant seem to really find anything.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

yep veggy fungus from chemo....the oozing is fungus, keep your hands out of water, you can get a shower and there it tea tree oil you can get, too late for me for it....mine are ok I do do the dishes but wear gloves and get a shower but it is clean water.Thanks Chevy for the vinegar tid bit will have to try it....

PHy....feel better.....

was going to write other stuff but forget what now...

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

Good afternoon! I've been reading but feel like ship so not posting. Had labs today and wBC is 1.7, RBC is 3.95, HGB is 12.3, PLT 123 and ANC is 0.98. Ix/X is kicking my ass. It better be killing those nasty cancer bastjches too! Waiting for MO to call.

Happy birthday, Cami, you little cutie.

P:-)

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Oh Phylodough---I can't read those labs, well I can read them but I think the only one I understand is WBC--tha't low will u get a shot for that, I hope. Keep us posted--I know this all is sucky.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Mary, okay it's complete now. Does it answer your question?

1. Youscript----identifies that Ondansetron(Zofran)+ Halaven have the "risk of QTc prolongation with (this)drug combination.

2. Deinition of QTfrom wikipedia: In cardiology, the QT interval is a measure of the time between the start of the Q wave and the end of the T wave in the heart's electrical cycle. In general, the QT interval represents electrical depolarization and repolarization of the left and right ventricles. A lengthened QT interval is a biomarker for ventricular tachyarrhythmias like torsades de pointes and a risk factor for sudden death.

3.QTc definition from wikipedia:The QT interval is dependent on the heart rate in an obvious way (the faster the heart rate the shorter the QT interval) and may be adjusted to improve the detection of patients at increased risk of ventricular arrhythmia. Modern computer-based ECG machines can easily calculate a corrected QT (QTc)

MY explanation: More than you needed to know about QTc, but it's complete enough so you know that it exists, and basically the heart doesn't work well, or ultmately at all when the QT is prolonged. QTc just means the machine can read it when the human eye can't.

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Cami - yep, they called. Neupogen shots coming up dammit. I guess I'm not as tough as I thought.

Ugh,

P

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Oh yea that why I knew that one--that was a weekly thing for me too. Hang in there--we're here for u.

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Whoever asked about fungus - yes some chemo kills nail bed, then fungi that we can otherwise fight off finds a home. Podiatrist recommended a foot bath of 1 cup apple cider vinegar, 1 cup Epsom salts and 2 quarts warm water, twice a week for relief.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

The plastic surgeon is pleased with my breast hole healing. He doesn't want to do anything until I have a vacation from chemo. Really bummed.

Nothing from the oncologist.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Sas, yes I remember the hot flash forum - then the ONC took me off the Ai's and I kind of faded away - then with the tamoxifen - everything started up except this time - LE too.  I was the pits. Hoping the SE's and hot flashes go away soon... Getting some sleep and nightmares with it and then hung over the next day - not sure I like that either... one of these days I will straighten out what is happening.

Veggy You have to be kidding - PS didn't say anything about the results!!!! WTH.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

GMA I petered out of the HF forum too, after I found out the brain tumor was growing. It was too bad. We really did some nice work on that thread. There were several things we found common to everyone that weren't in the literature. But I had contacted Freedman's office to suggest monitoring the thread and run with the ideas for his research. The Aura, and wet & dry flashes especially.

Gma did you have nightmares before? If not, how long since last dose of trazadone. Trazodone messes with brain chemistry, so, that could be a culprit that time will take care of b/c it's not being taken anymore. If since taking xanax, a different benzodiazipine can be ordered. The drug checker had oodles of benzo's listed and xanax was not listed which I found strange, and hypnotic/sedatives that were non-benzo. Actually, now that tamox is off the list. drug consideration is much wider.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Have done the survey,  if you all could review and see if any questions should be added. If everyone can put on their callandars to do the survey. Even people that didn't have the experience. The survey for the no experience folks would end with "IF none mark x and stop here"   The no experience folks are the control group.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In completeing this survey on STFU thread on May 2nd, 7pm-8pm EST, use only your screen name. This survey will be sent to a researcher in the field of "animal use in the assisting of diagnosing breast cancer". Cut and paste survey to posting box. Then complete.

The folowing survey is to identify those members that have had an experience with animals/pets that had behavioral activities, that led the member to associate the behavior with their cancer.

Was this animal yours?  If None mark x and stop here:           No           Yes         

Whose animal was it?

What type of animal was it?                                                    Cat:        Dog:       

Breed and age:

Does the animal have any special training:                             No           Yes

Specify training:       

Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior?           No           Yes

How long before diagnosis did pet demonstrate behavior?

Identify stage of BC and mets at diagnosis? 

Stage:

Mets:

Describe in detail activity that pet exhibited?

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

I don't have any pets...

Just the itches.ha.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Damn Princess PK we forgot to check you for fleas!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

Fleas!? Princess PK! I'm scratching already.

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

No I don't have fleas.no animals...and the welts?i don't think so.

Anyway I need your attention!!!!!!!

On a very serious note(please don't skip over this)

RED has been missing for over a month.

I sent her a pm with no answer...

With everyone having lots of problems somehow she has slipped throu the cracks.

ANYONE have any idea how we can reach her??????

HELP

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Contact the mods and ask them to email her, I did this the other day with another memeber.

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

Is red enuf to contact the mods?

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Yeah Princess PK....we need to find out what's going on with our dear Red. Are any of you wonderful hooligans in touch with her? Does anyone have her number? Princess is right, she hasn't posted since April!!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited May 2013

She posted on April 30, so she's missing 3 weeks.

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

I sent a message to the mods.

Ill keep u posted

I remember someone tellin me she posted that she had 6mos.to live.

Very worried.

That is why we need phone numbers...we did this once before on another thread...

At least here some of us do have phone numbers.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Thanks Sas, so if I am reading this right, I probably shouldnt take the zofran because the halaven causes long QT too. Electrical was back to normal today, but if it messes up again he will take me off the halaven completely and start me on Ixempra which I have heard is just hellacious.So keep your fingers crossed that the Halaven will work and I wont have any more problems.

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Thank you Princess..❤

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

I'm just so sorry about little Red!    I know that sometimes when us gals are going through a really rough time, we don't want to talk to ANYone, or even SEE anybody.... 

If you hear, let us know.... If she answers one PM, maybe we can all contact her that way, and not do it on the thread?   

And then the terrible tornado's!  Damn!  It's just so awful!  I've been watching the news, and I just can't IMAGINE how devastated those people are!    It's black as hell out here now.... but just sprinkles so far.... I love you guys....  

Thinking of you Veggy..... xoxoxo

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Chevy....I sent Red a gentle PM....hope at least she is reading and knows we are thinking about her.

Yeah, was just watching the tornados on the news....it really is devistating for those people....hope everybody here is ok...❤

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

I contacted the mods and they are checking it out...poor RED.

You all know when I'm in trouble I too don't even want to talk to anyone.

Ill never do that again...never thought about how much the sistas worry about me.

Ill keep u posted.

Now I'm really itchy.

Chevy you scare me when you are so nice to me

At least tell me to STFU...ok?

Love all of you.

Princess purple kantalope.xo