STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Hi little Cammi!  Honey, I read a lot of our posts to her, and maybe just copy some?  Or tell them about how we cared?  I read where she talked a little about her step-kids,  and was really tired because of the radiation.....so maybe we could all write a note if you hear back?

I just still don't want to believe that it was OUR little Red.... 

Hi Jo!  You were one of the first gals that wrote to me when I joined this forum!  I remember how sweet you were, and told me to trust my surgeon, that she didn't HAVE to be a "breast surgeon!"  That really meant a lot. 

And yes, we DO all care about each other....  We get a little rowdy, but hope you will stop by once in awhile.... Some of these gals are really going through a lot.....  But we are here to maybe help them get through it all.... like you were here for me! 

Sassy knows so much about "stuff" that we can't find anywhere else.... So does Shells.... and oh, everyone does....  Everyone except me.... Ha! 

I know about CHICKENS!    At least I am learning....  In case you missed it, I'm chicken sitten' for my neighbors!   

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Chev-you didnt answer me back about your clothes, so I geuss that means you did ok. I think you should go to omg with your chicken story we havnt seen a good chicken story in a while...

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited May 2013

I think that's our Red. She was 39, worked for a state university, had a husband, at least one son at home, dx with liver mets in Feb, was failed by 7 chemos. Had a sister. Her memorial was at the university. Her last post was 4/30 on a stage 4 thread, offering support to someone.

I don't think it's a good idea to tell her family she was posting here. You know, you can't bitch about family if they're going to read it, even posthumously. I'm not sure I want my family reading what I write. I do think it's fine to express condolences, however.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

Today I got lots of pms about our RED...and it seems that no one wants to give a dime to komen

I and a few others will be makin a donation to BCO.

once again thank you MODS. For finding our RED.

lesson to be learned...we gotta watch each others back....

What a sad day..

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

I met Princess at the door and she told me about Red. I hate this disease!

Anyway we talked and talked and talked. I have a sore throat from talking. She wouldn't let me leave. Got home and my DH nearly strung me up by my toenails for staying out so long. Not really. Not even close. Okay, I exaggerate! He smiled when I came in the door.

Tomorrow I get my results. DH is coming. He took me yesterday to see the plastic surgeon. I can take whatever they throw at me... I hope.

Hugs.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Jo I had a doc that made me a 2 mg dose liquid of Prozac and raised the dosage every month until I was at 10 mg. I did ok that way. Took about 6 months, but it did help.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited May 2013

Hey ladies, I might as well join you for real. I think I'm on threads with most of you.

Like Shell I read back through some of Red's earlier postings. They fit to a T. Said she worked for the University and could not wait to go home and hug her son. She last posted on April 30th and passed per the FH on May 4th. Remember she was in the hospital and hoping to go home. It all fits way too well. I can't find where she ever gave her real name though I did have to quit when I got back to page 55.

Bad weather has passed us and headed into east Texas. It was very cool today/cloudy too which I think kept the severe weather squashed. Had some good rain, little wind. Some power outages and downed trees/maybe fences north of Dallas but all in all dodged a bullet.

I don't have many STFU moments. Life is pretty good right now, in between appts with MO and glaucoma doc next month. Need to go to dentist, my 6 months is up.

Those of you in the midwest thinking of you. Think the heat is about to break out this weekend.

Veggy - you mean Granny in person???

In your pocket tomorrow. Hope we don't make too much noise. Warn DH about our laughing and smacking noises.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

YES! Granny in person! Face to face!

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

Very quick note for now....1st chemo (TCH)....DONE....no problems/reactions during.....home for BIG nap......Chickiepooped

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

Silly Marywhat!  Yes, my clothes are on right-side out... Ha!   I really check them now....Wink 

Yeah Wren.... I don't think I would want my family reading what I post either.... Ha!  Because sometimes I talk about them, and that's why I love you guys here.... because we can say anything we want, unlike talking to our kids or husbands.... 

And even my folks!  But they aren't around any longer, but it has helped for me to say some of the things that happened to me.... things I couldn't understand, but talking it out, really helped..... 

So little Red, where-ever you are, we love you and always enjoyed reading what you had to say....  Sweet Dreams, sleep-tight, don't let the bed-bugs bite.... we love you..... xoxoxoxo

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

Oh Veggy...it was sooooo good to see you again.you know ill be back sooner then later..

Good luck tomorrow...ill be in your pocket ....or purse..make room for me please...and don't forget to let us know ASAP..

I always ask you for just 5min...yeah right.now your hubby must hate me...just don't want to let you go...

Xo princess purple kantalope

• marywh
    edited May 2013

Oh it was so good you guys got to see each other... I wish someone would make it to nc sometime, I would love to have a face to face meeting sometime...I still think we should plan a trip. I think that was our Red too. I hate this f#$%ing disease so much. One minute your here and the next your gone. So, so  sad. she was too young. I dont think I would want anybody reading what I wrote either. Especially dh and future dil.

• marywh
    edited May 2013

Forgot to say Good, Good, Good Luck tomorrow,Veggy. Will be in your pocket too. Saying prayers for you too.xoxox

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

We talk and talk about the trip and nada...well just maybe we can do a get together to honor our RED.just remember I don't fly...bus or train for me...

Lesson to be learned...no one is promised tomorrow...

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

Our Dear Red has passed and it is a very sad day. She was a lovely woman, so gracious and brave. I remember the day she told her son about the likelihood of ever being able to walk again in this life, and how well he took it. Beautiful, courageous woman. You are with the Angels, Dear Red. We love you.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

You're right, Wren. Thank you. 

• marywh
    edited May 2013

If we are 100% sure this is our Red I will put her on the angels thread...

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

I'm glad there was some good news today.

Chickie - Congrats on finishing your first chemo!

Veggie-table and PPK woohoo that you got an in-person visit!

Had my second neupogen shot today and of course I feel like carp.

Trying to stay busy with computer stuff and away from such sad news reports and not think too much about red. I keep busting into tears and that doesn't help a frikkin' thing or person. Just can't stand the thought of those poor children being scared and red's poor family.

Now I will STFU.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

In your pockets tomorrow Veggy....yeah, Princess, no one is promised tomorrow, but 39

just fucking sucks.

I think I agree with the others....I don't think Red would want her family reading some of this stuff.

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

I would like to know who is gonna make a donation to BCO.in honor of our red..

This will help all of us with our grief.

if not for BCO where would we be?

Comeon sistas..every dollar counts.

• marywh
    edited May 2013

I will when dh gets paid on fri. how do I do it? Should I add red on the angels threa?

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

anywhere...on the top of the thread it says donate..

And yes RED should be added to the angel thread.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2013

Our little, really little, telephone/internet company wanted to upgrade again.  Every time they say it will take 3 hours, it takes 4 or more days.  Back on today!

Sas - All I can think is WOW!!!!!!!!  I was on Cymbalta and Lexapro the whole time I was in chemo with ACT.  Maybe that's why I had such rough SEs. 

My current STFU :  2 weeks ago PCP lost my biopsy report twice and today the neurologist still doesn't have my eeg results from 6 weeks ago. 

So much to catch up on:  Horrible news from Oklahoma.  Sad for Red's family.  Happy birthday Cami,  and those of you in treatment, best wishes.  And hello to everyone.  Jan

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289
    edited May 2013

Ducky....YOU....are NOT boring with this.....I myself just went through an ordeal with my daughter....and yes, just like YOU...I had held back for years!! and it all was hurtful.....I am glad I saw your posting....you know how it is a lot of people want you to think they have the HALLMARK FAMILY!! When in fact NO one does........Liz

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

PrincessPK ....I will be donating in Red's name.....she was one of us .

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Hi gals just donated here in Red's name...so easy to do...just click on the "donate" and follow the instructions.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

ChickaD I'm so glad u'r first is over--now pay ttention to how u feel day to day--cuz they'll ask u next time.

Veggy--we're all thr for u, and the seeing Princess K is priceless.

Phylopsided I'm sorry u feel so bad, it seriously sucks. some people have better times with it than others. ????

Shell that is a beautiful picture for Red. I remember niw how young Red was, so it must be her. so  sorry and sad. And my granson came home and said a classmate died of cancer Sunday--This effin disease is so wicked, too youg.

Luvmygoats I haven't seen u for a long long time--I think, my memory is awful but welcome.

And now Chevy is lovin' chickens so u have more in common that  think.

Wren so right.

And I wouldn't want anyone in my family to see what I've written sometimes for the most part so we just keep it to ourselves.

• FireKracker
    edited May 2013

I just made a donation too.

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

I had already donated... before this happened......  Got a thank you in the mail from BC.ORG....  But I will leave a note for her memorial....

• marywh
    edited May 2013

Lovely......