STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

Awwww Chevy. That's so nice...how come I'm not surprised?????

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Beautiful Chevy.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

I am devastated about Red.......gone to soon........

Ditto on me and our secret and personal conversations.......you all are my lifeline between me and insanity....when everyone has forgotten what we go through, and we need a shoulder to cry on, when all are telling us how great we look, and we feel like giving up.....you are what brings me back to reality, when I realize I am not in this alone...so grateful to have you in my life.......YOU ARE THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS......

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

welll REDheadinwv was from WV, obviously, I checked her responses that she made and never did a profile and didn't sign with anything but RED, she did mention a boy and a dog in a message, she has not been on since 4/30....are we to assume it was her....I am so sad!!!! I hate this friggin disease....

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

I did not have the pleasure to know Ms. RED but I will also be donating in her name.

All the best to you Veggie.

Peace, Luv and Blessings to all of my fellow Sister Warriors.  I (we) could not do this or cope with this shit without you all!

"Flowers" (aka cmbernardi)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited May 2013

She also mentioned she was 39 last July. Her mother died at 42 from BC; wonder if there was a mutation (BRACA or other). That's really young for both of them. I feel so sorry for her son and family.

• cmbernardi
    edited May 2013

Heading for RADS. "mapping" tomorrow.  Whoo hoo, cannot wait.  I hope I can get my big Frankenstein boot up on the table!  Any words of wisdom from the crowd?

• blondiex46
    edited May 2013

I will donate when I get money....I assume it is her....

beautiful Chevy

veggy good luck with results and happy you and granny got together....it just strengthens the bond when you meet in person...

Phy...hope you are doing well after your chemo...

Chick....hope you continue to feel well after chemo

So sad....it is almost like losing someone who you befriend while going to chemo, talking, hanging on your weekly trips....

am getting chemo tomorrow, 3rd week on, then my week off, yay, working 4 hours, trying to feel like a productive human being, contributing to the world (yea right, working at macy's) ....hoping as I have said getting extra fluids works...am ok, watching dancing with the stars.....spent the day with grandchildren, memories for me, I watch them, spend time with them on Tuesdays, they are 6, 3 and 1...today no school so all were there, along with oldest grandchild who is 17 who I absolutely adore and she is a girl....

REDS you were loved and will be missed....wished we had a longer time together, but no more pain for you.....

everybody I didn't mention, doesn't mean I don't care, means I can't remember what I read, all 3 pages worth...

luv u guys!!!

• cmbernardi
    edited May 2013

@ blondiex46

All the best tomorrow.  Drink, drink, drink and drink some more.  Ginger ale was my staple during chemo.  Peace, Love and Blessings to U!

"Flowers" (aka cmbernardi)

PS - I was born and raised in PA. (the Poconos)

• blondiex46
    edited May 2013

thanks, propel is what I am drinking, along with milkshakes and chocolate milk, thanks for your kind thoughts....chemo sucks...

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502
    edited May 2013

Thank you All so much!!  Can't express just how much this means to us. Certainly, we will let Red's family know as well!!! 
    Hugs, 

Melissa and the Mods

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Did my chemo yesterday, will find out Tues. if I can do this particular type anymore, since it may be meesing with my heart...Hope everybody who is doing chemo right now is doing ok. Just remember what a friend who had neoblastoma told me, Dont ever let any body tell you that chemo does not help in the long run, it is liquid gold....it is what keeps us alive. Shes gone now, but Ill always remember her words.....

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

Thank you mods.

it looks like you all do the 24/7 like some of these crazy sistas here.

Just goes to show you how mich BCO men's to all of us.

Hugggs granny dukes.aka princess purple kantalope.

Have I told u lately how much I hate the iPad????

Long day today an I'm usually asleep by now.

Xo

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Had to let you gals know......2 sisters who are burying their 51 year old mother this week, (died from BC) wore quite attractive baseball caps to the King of Prussia Mall today....the hats were Black....and said in Pink Sparkle ....

FU...in pink sparkle......CANCER RIBBON SYMBOL.for the C...in pink sparkle.....K ...pink sparkle

And the word ....CANCER....in pink sparkle.......they were told take off the hats,or leave the mall by security.....the whole word was not written...just the FU, and the K..the C was the ribbon

There are shirts in this mall that show obscene crap and the merchants are not to,d to remove them.......waiting to hear and see the Shit Storm from BC women about this.....how dare they....

Blonde knows the Mall...her girlie should we get ourselves hats and go to the mall and support these women........

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

OMG I would have waited for Security just to make a point--I realize wrong words could be bad for young kids but I've seen disgustingly wrong things on tshirts as Ducky said. I don't get anybody anymore, but I'm such a bitch I would have been screaming all the way and made a fuss.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

Flowers - I drink about a gallon of water a day. Listen to your body. Eat smaller meals.

I was born in Wilkes Barre, raised in Plymouth, PA and live north of Scranton.

I should be sleeping but it's too hot and muggy.

Hugs

• cmbernardi
    edited May 2013

Ms. Veggie,

OMG!  I was born in Wilkes-Barre, PA.  Was raised in the Back Mountain and graduated from Dallas High School and got my undergrad. degree in Nutrition from Marywood College (it was not a University then).  WOW!  What a small world!  I then lived for 29 years in the Wash, DC area where I got my Masters from GWU.  When I got sick last May, my dumb ass husband left me so I spent the summer at home in PA with my parents.  My Sister needed help with her 17 year old ADHD son so I moved down here to Texas in November of 2012.  I was here just 23 days and I was diagnosed with the IDC and you know the rest.

Don't put up with any SH*T from those NEPA docs.  I know it can be very trying but YOU are in charge.  It's always great to get to know someone from "home".  I miss the Old Forge white pizza and dream about it every day.  All the best to you.  I will start drinking a lot more fluids and eat smaller meals as U suggested.  Anything to get through the RADS. easily.  Peace Ms. Veggie and all the best to U!

"Flowers"

• cmbernardi
    edited May 2013

@ Blondiex46

Propel, chocolate milk, milkshakes, ginger ale, juices, water, whatever gets your bladder going is a great!   Keep up the good work and minimal SEs to you.  HUGS!

"Flowers"

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Flowers that was so sweet.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

Whew, I think I'm finally finished crying for a while. Good heavens! I made my list of things to do tomorrow and wallowing is not on it. I have to feel better by Friday because my grandnephews are coming to town and I gotta play with them!

Cami - love phyllopsided! I sure was today.

P

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited May 2013

Am so sad for Red...I have been reading along and was so concerned that she had not posted...there are no words for this...
    cmb, good luck with your Rads appointment.  I have trouble staying still so for the first few days I took Xanax; however, after 3 days I realized I could do this - very fast treatment.  I brough my iPod and put myself in another place while in the tx room.  I made up word games in my head and if you do enough things at once, you won't think about what's happening.  Everyone's different....it was easy for me once I got my mental routine down. 
    Granny, Veggy, so glad you got together.  In your pocket, Veggy...you are never alone.
    Sandy, I hope this week goes by quickly and the SEs go away fast so you can really enjoy your week off.  Thinking of you...
    Am on vacation with DS so I better go spend some time...
    I join the rest of you in feelings of utter despair for the families of OK.
    Hugs to you, Shell, Chevy, Ducky, Phyll, and all the sisters here....you are the best.

Joan

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

I went back through this thread from the first posting last December when Shaneoak created it. 

This is what I discovered: Princess PK, Chevy, Scottiee, and Camillegal were always quite the  hooligans - they raised a lot of Cain. Sheila, Wren, Blondiee, Iatigger, Joan, Mostlymom, Jo, Chabba, Beatmom, Kathi, Veggy  and Esther were better behaved, but not by that much. Ducky kind of in the middle (I started out with innocence  but was quickly hooliganized).  Many others added to the fun.

Red joined on 2/19/13 (Page 30) and signed her name Carla. She talked about her 17 year old son and often spoke lovingly of her husband. Chevy welcomed her first (as usual Chevette). Red always had good manners, a very brave, humorous and kind woman. 

Stopped reviewing each post at Page 36: the thread has only gotten better with new friends.  It won't be the same without Carla, but the laughter, courage and support continues. 💛

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Oh Wow!  Well as soon as I can hold back the tears I'll post a little more...

You gals that post here, are always on top of things.... we act silly, and get rowdy, and you crawl in my heart and stay there... And we can talk about things that we would never say to anyone else! 

Just waking up and reading about  what you gals have to say, makes my day so beautiful!  Thank you for being the greatest bunch of women that I have ever "met!"

And Phyllopsided!!!!  That is perfect Miss Cam! 

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Red, I didn't get to know you very well, but what you contributed, was very loving and kind. Here is a rose for you to take to God for me. Happy days are ahead and I know where you are!!! Rest in Peace... Love you sister, Gma.

peace rose

And Ladies, we move on with our lives and cherish each moment we have here!

"The light of a new day coming"

light

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Good Morning all---

I think thinkin and watching the news has worn us out and down the last ccouple of days and at first I didn't remember but I do remember Carla and damn I didn't know she felt that aful to be so close. Everythig seems so topsy Turvy, Now my sister is going to some other Dr. for her leg, her knee is falling apart and she's got bone mets so it's not exactly like just fixing it, I thik cuz everything has to go thru her Onc. and she can hardly walk, but that stinker is still working FT. She makes me laugh tho she yells at me for not usig a cane or walker to help me and I told her Geeze I didn't know u were using one, ha Oh she's not. So I called her a bitch as usual. nd my cousin called me and we were thinking of going out to lunch Sunday but I was having a bad day, so they blamed me and my cousin called and said she couldn't have left her house cuz of her diarrhea anyway ut they wanted ro blame me. It's funny my sister, cousin and I all dealing with cancer stuff ALL have diarrhea wheneer it feels like visiting us. We do so many things together and no Dr. can find out why--it's a family secret LOL

I hope everyone has a better day today and I'll be back. 

• cmbernardi
    edited May 2013

A GmaFoley and ALL

Beautiful words and beautiful flowers and pictures that many posted for our fallen Sister Warrior "Red".  She must have been one of those very special people and to hang out with all U hooligans, had to have a terrific sense of humor.  I have been praying for peace for her and her loved ones and will make a donation in her name ASAP.

Everyone else, please have a blessed day with Peace and love add Joy.  Wish meluck on my RADS mappig today.  Just another chapter I guess!

Sister Veggie (PA Girl) - in your pockets today and give em HELL!  Same for all the rest of my fellow hooligans - Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy and minimal side effects to all!  HUGS!!!!!!!!

"Flowers"

PS - I found the Glaxal Base cream on drugstore.com and order a couple of tubes.  Will start moisturizing TODAY!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

Flowers - Loved what you said about NEPA doctors. They think they are gods. Its hard to find one that isn't and will listen.

You lived on the other side of the mountain from me. We used to go to Harvey's lake and go to Hanson's Park. I loved their rollercoaster. My favorite pizza is Victory Pig style pizza. Every time I visit my parents I have to get me some.

Its another hot day here. I'll be in the aircondiioning this afternoon... chemo. I try to look for the good. My oldest son made a chocolate cake from scratch this morning. Its his first one. He only needed a little help from me. I told him he can do it on his own next time.

Everyone is in my pocket.

Hugs!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited May 2013

Hugs back at you Veggy. I'll try not to make too much noise in your pocket today.

Congrats to your son. I think my DD might have made brownies from a mix, maybe.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited May 2013

The next rainbow we see will surely have RED in it! Beatmon

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Yep here I come with some brownies ---- JUMP ---- in the pocket!