STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

You know when you are addicted to these because you know what YKYACPW means. LOL.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Camilegals survey:

The folowing survey is to identify those members that have had an experience with animals/pets that had behavioral activities, that led the member to associate the behavior with their cancer.

Was this animal yours?  If None mark x and stop here:           No           Yes     

Whose animal was it?

What type of animal was it?                                                    Cat:       Dog:    

Breed and age: Russian Blue 5 y/o

Does the animal have any special training:                             No          Yes

Specify training:    

Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior?           No           Yes  X

How long before diagnosis did pet demonstrate behavior?   3 months

Identify stage of BC and mets at diagnosis?

Stage:2007, Stage IV, 24/38 nodes, HER2+

Mets:

Describe in detail activity that pet exhibited? My cat did find and sniff out both places my cancer was at, I went cus she was treating my breast differenty for at least 3 months and it went to my chest wall and she kneaded my breast and I started to think she was a pervert and my oldest DD said u'r getting a mammo. She's had cat's for 20 yrs. and now the cat kneads very gently my LE arm where the PT used to every day. The cat has started to my lower back lately just recently on one spot--that why I call her my cat/pet scan.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Cami check your survey and see if it's right? Any idea of cat breed?age?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Sas u'r so cute--she is now 8 and a Russian Blue ad we are very clos to each other--thaks Sas.

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited May 2013

I like this thread because it brings out the fighter in me. It makes me feel I don't have to like what is happenning to me or I did not do anything to make this happen to myself.  An the opinions of others--so many--some should  STFU.  This is not an easy process and you have to pull everything in you to fight this horrible disease. I am a fighter and there is nothing pretty about having BC.  I will keep the fight and others who cannot identify need to STFU.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

Welcome Dwilli! You came to the right place.

Here's my survey, Sas:

Was this animal yours?    Yes       

What type of animal was it? Dog   

Breed and age: dachshund/chihuahua

Does the animal have any special training:  Yes

Specify training: Obedience class as puppy, extensive training by me (walks without a leash!)

Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior? No           

How long before diagnosis did pet demonstrate behavior? Not applicable

Identify stage of BC and mets at diagnosis? Picked up as microcalcification on digital mammography < 1 cm

Stage: 0

Mets: No

Describe in detail activity that pet exhibited? Not applicable

Dx 1/16/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+Surgery 01/25/2013 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Surgery 05/03/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited May 2013

Sorry can't take the survey.  I live alone.  Kids are grown and no pets, but still like the idea of the thread.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited May 2013

Good - you will like it here.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

Ok Chickiegans....I UP and ready to get started....1st chemo was ok..no real bothersome se's, little stomach, tingley toes, and mostly just FUZZY. NEULASTA SHOT OUCH...but doing Claritan..good so far. Should I be writting all this down for my MO?

Attended the Am Cancer Society's Look Good Feel Better program last night....GOOD STUFF...great information and we all got a ton of goodies of great makeup up and stuff in a bag so hopefully some of you have already done that in the past, if not I recommend.

Welcome to our new friends!

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Dwilli....welcome.....beware joining this thread however....lol.....they will turn you into a hooligan, make you say "bad things", pee your pants, but I wouldn't be anywhere else

going through this crap....they are the most fun loving, caring and supportive bunch of crazies I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Sas....my Aussie friend sends her love and a big thank you for your efforts.

Everyone else....Luv ya, but have to jump (I wish) into the shower and off to school.

Jumping into pockets today if needed. As the Princess says, "I"ll be back"...lol

Veggy...are you still dancing...💃💃💃...I'm still dancing with you right into the shower.

Oh, quick good morning to my early birds...❤

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Chick....we must have posted at the same time....yes...I'm with you today....❤

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Welcome Dwilli u'r in  great place---mor info on here tha anywhere else believe me and withso much care and love and wackiness (not Me) I mean no info--I know nothing.

He Scottie we haven't had morning coffee in a long time. My Katie-Kat curled up with me so I knew no storms, but rain came, and Joey came in here twice to sleep so th 3 of us were not so comfortable.

Chick u getting chemo today? OK check in when u get home.

And Dwilli tell us some things about u'rself--and know right off I can't type, u'll see.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Chicki Dahling I think I read u'r post wrong--u'r just up right? no chemo today right?--Hay I hven't had my coffee yt.

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Cami....I knew you would answer "my wake up call"...lol. would love to spend time with

but gotta run...run!!!...that's a joke...rephrase...gotta crawl to work..ha ha ha ..

Have a great day all you hooligans aka crazies...lol

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Scottiie BTW--I liked the way u said jump in the shower, if u'r anything like I am jumping is out of the question. hahahahaha See u later.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Hi Scottie and Cam......no chemo today....it was my 1st two days ago (being the young innocent virgin here) and doing pretty good...also noticed Im a bit shaky this morning as I wake up more.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

That's all right ChickaD---just take it easy and get some water (lots ) down u and some protein. Are u hom today?

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Yep home today except a quick trip to the hospital to check my blood levels but then I'm planning on resting all day I have been drinking a lot of fluids and thats kinda hard for me so I'm trying to at least be diligent about it

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

I'm glad about that we told u it dosn't have to be all plain water00ick, ca't do that myself--A vitamin water is good and it has some flavors--I personally like propel little bit of flavor not much but it's not crummy plain water, my favorite is lemon and berry, oh and orange peach ometimes. But I don't like some of the sweeter tastes. Just drink Chick LOL

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

I am officially OLD -- LOL -- need this to manage all my meds right now -- LOL and DRINK MY WATER WITH ALL MY NEW MEDS -- LOL

Did I mention I saw the PS yesterday at the encouragement of my husband ....I think he has been peeking at my boobs a little too much..... apparently I've got some of that inflammatory breast tissue issues going on in of the cancer side so treating with some antibiotics and just watching me closely!

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

hhaha Chick me too, but sometimes I forget those damn afternoon ones. I don't know why. So in a way I'm so forgetful--now that's old. LOL BTW do som resting today too.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Yep...thanks Cami....laying back down now...too shakey to type

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited May 2013

Cami, I can't have a cat with our dog, he would not accept another animal in the house but he is getting old.  When he dies I want a cat.  Specifically, I want a Russian Blue.  I had one when I was a child.  It was a rescue cat, had been mistreated and turned on it's owners.  Took awhile to earn it's trust but it was the best cat I've ever had.  At the time, early '50's, there were appparently under 600 of them in the United States.  I always wished we had been able to find another Blue to breed her to.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

Im in whoever needs me but I am bringing a pocket protector just in case they get unruly. I'm bringing a chocolate cream pie.

Dwilli - Welcome to the crazies! Sorry you have to go through this crap. We're here to listen when you need to vent, need help or just be insane. I like insane. It helped get me through my second round of cancer. These hooligans are great. But don't let them know I said that. :)

I woke up feeling that this is a dream. Then I read the boards and its real. Ill be checking everyday to see if I have any hair coming.

Hugs!

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

@ Dwilli - Yes, welcome, welcome, welcome.  You will find this thread not only fun and funny but educational and informative too.  Glad to have U with us.  These ladies are the absolute BEST!!!!!

Ms. Veggie - how long does it take for the hair to grow back?  I had my last chemo on May 1 and last shot on May 2.  Got some fuzziness I can feel but nothing appreciable! ??????

"Flowers"

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Sas

Was animal yours-----No

Type animal.....Dog

Breed and age......Boxer----11 years

Training--------no

Seek medical------no, routine mamm

,dogs behavior previous to diagnosis------1 1/2 years

Identify diagnosis----------Stage 1.........no mets

Animals behavior-------------He would stay by me all the time....follow me everywhere, room to room.....would sit next to me with his head on my chest.........upstairs, downstairs, only me, no other person......said to my daughter....this dog is trying to tell me something...after diagnosis and surgery he came no where near me...never followed me again.. .......he has since died..

Hope this helps Sas

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited May 2013

Sas - here's mine. No activity.

The folowing survey is to identify those members that have had an experience with animals/pets that had behavioral activities, that led the member to associate the behavior with their cancer.

Was this animal yours?  If None mark x and stop here:         No           Yes      

Whose animal was it?

What type of animal was it?                                                    Cat:        Dog:    

Breed and age:

Does the animal have any special training:                             No           Yes

Specify training:    

Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior?           No           Yes

How long before diagnosis did pet demonstrate behavior?

Identify stage of BC and mets at diagnosis?

Stage:

Mets:

Describe in detail activity that pet exhibited?

• duckyb1
    edited May 2013

Dwilli.......welcome to the nut house....sorry we had to meet this way, the ladies are great, but for the record.......I am the oldest (78), but also the prettiest, smartest, funniest....but above all the sexiest, and a member of the Mile High Club........QUIET THE REST OF YOU...... You know it's true......LOL, LOL

Scottie.......I want a picture of you jumping in the shower........last time I jumped in the shower was when the friggin "tankless water heater" went nuts in the middle of my ( hot shower in January), and I had cold water only..............talk about a quick exit.............Lol

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited May 2013

Veggy - Doing the happy dance for you.  May your dance with NED be prolonged. Hair sounds good.

Welcome Dwilli to this crazeeee bunch. Sorry for the reason you're here but glad you found us. I'm sure SOMEONE will find a STFU moment today to post.

Gotta run, jumped in shower last night. Cleaning crew at Sunday School member's house this am. TTFN

• duckyb1
    edited May 2013

Lol .........LUV...need a picture of that too............