Comments

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

ducky..I sent u a pm.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited May 2013

Flowers - I was wondering that myself. I am hoping to have enough hair growing by my third month that people can see it. At first it came in pure white with the soft texture of baby hair. There's no pigment at first. I loved it. Everyone loved it. Then it came in darker. Instead of chemo curls, I had straight hair. I'll have to look through my pictures and try to figure it out.

I woke up thinking that yesterday was only a dream. And then I looked at the posts. I'm still smiling.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited May 2013

Dwili - welcome to the crazy house! We're irreverent, funny, and talk about anything. You will love it here!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

DuckyB's survey:

The folowing survey is to identify those members that have had an experience with animals/pets that had behavioral activities, that led the member to associate the behavior with their cancer.

Was this animal yours?  If None mark x and stop here:           No          Yes      

Whose animal was it?  Daughters

What type of animal was it?                                                    Cat:        Dog:    X

Breed and age:    Boxer 11y/o

Does the animal have any special training:                             No    X       Yes

Specify training:    no

Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior?           No      X     Yes

How long before diagnosis did pet demonstrate behavior?  1 1/2 yrs.

Identify stage of BC and mets at diagnosis?

Stage:   Stage 1

Mets: none

Describe in detail activity that pet exhibited?--------He would stay by me all the time....follow me everywhere, room to room.....would sit next to me with his head on my chest.........upstairs, downstairs, only me, no other person......said to my daughter....this dog is trying to tell me something...after diagnosis and surgery he came no where near me...never followed me again.. .......he has since died..

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Mary where survey:

The folowing survey is to identify those members that have had an experience with animals/pets that had behavioral activities, that led the member to associate the behavior with their cancer.

Was this animal yours?  If None mark x and stop here:     X      No           Yes      

Whose animal was it?

What type of animal was it?                                                    Cat:        Dog:    

Breed and age:

Does the animal have any special training:                             No           Yes

Specify training:    

Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior?           No           Yes

How long before diagnosis did pet demonstrate behavior?

Stage:

Mets:

Describe in detail activity that pet exhibited?

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Maryhowoften missed your post , asking me to do your survey. It's done thanks sassy

Jan's your survey's done too :) sassy

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

JanIam's survey:

In completeing this survey on STFU thread on May 22nd, 7pm-8pm EST, use only your screen name. This survey will be sent to a researcher in the field of "animal use in the assisting of diagnosing breast cancer". Cut and paste survey to posting box. Then complete.

Was this animal yours?  If None mark x and stop here:    X       No           Yes      

Whose animal was it?

What type of animal was it?                                                    Cat:        Dog:    

Breed and age:

Does the animal have any special training:                             No           Yes

Specify training:    

Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior?           No           Yes

Stage:

Mets:

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

Mary good luck let us know

Mods we love this place and for me so thankful that we found it....

Granny you are so right...

GMA so sweet, love the flowers.

Chevy you are loved.....I adore you....

Thanks Joan...hope you are doing welll  also, still at DD's?

Phy feel better so sorry!!!

thanks flowers, have to remember to drink cause I am not a drinker....

ducky and you know they showed the clothes that were sold in the huge mall, that said the say thing, and other things....that will be a problem....CAM they did and the men security were the ones that threw them out and of course the "mall" said they were donate to their favorite BC place, whatever.

Have to write what I want cause will forget when I get to the next page, so willl continue after that...

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Blondie's survey:

Was this animal yours? If None mark x and stop here: X

Whose animal was it? had none

What type of animal was it? N/a

Breed and age: N/a

Does the animal have any special training: N/A

Specify training:

Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior? N/a

Stage:

Mets:

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

ducky why do you keep reminding us that you are the oldest.....there is are a reason for that, you want to help with cane, wheelchair or one of those motorized chairs.....the oldest just means you are more experienced, I think, sexiest, we need pix of all the older ones and we will decide, put on your sexiest clothes on take a pix and we will vote, I am only 59 so I am not being considered, who is up for it, lol

welcome DWiiii

Scottie, ducky sounds like she is getting kinda person..

Charles where ru starting to worry!!!!

that about wraps it up.....feeling ok cause got the steroids and they kept me up til 4am....slept til 800am and have been up since and that was after 2 benedryl, so much for the fluids being the ticket, didn't work....up now all day...but kinda speeding (mind going fast, not driving), lol....

bbl

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2013

My hair started to come back about 5 months after chemo. In the middle of rads.

It's the same color, white. Very very soft, chemo curls in random places. Strange looking. Like a really bad perm. I hate it! I almost want this mess buzzed off.

The reason I haven't is I can feel bristles and stubble under the mess. I think that will be real hair.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Thank-you Sas for doing my survey. Im going to have to have dd show me stuff on the computer, I dont know how to do anything but type...Welcome dwilli. hope you will enjoy the hooiganism. Just got back from the pet store, had to get my inside dog, Ziggy, her stop fart powder.Cant live without it. Shes awful. Now to get dh started on beano, that would be awesome. You ladies have a lovely afternoon, will be back later..Tongue Out

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Ducky just because u got into a plane and went somewhere doesn't make u part of the mile high club. It means u took a trip. But I will vote for u for the sexiest etc cuz I'm not posting a picure of myself, hahaha of xourse u do have the princess and the Chevy after u'r ass. So u 3 duke it out.

It's raining, damp cold, and general ickyness and of course everythig hurts.

Thanks again Sas--I really tried and did everything I was told and just couldn't do it--my screen would go blank.??? kinda like my brain. I guess.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Was this animal yours? If None mark x and stop here: X Yes
    Whose animal was it? My Tigger Dog
    What type of animal was it? Cat: Dog: X
    Breed and age: 11 years- Chinese Crested/Whippet
    Does the animal have any special training: No X 
    Specify training: Just regular puppy training
    Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior? X No 
    How long before diagnosis did pet demonstrate behavior? I checked myself a couple of weeks after the sniffing started – I found the lump March 31, 2011
    Stage: 1b - IDC
    Mets: None
    Describe in detail activity that pet exhibited? My Tigger Dog got real snuggly and kept nudging me on the right side – she started laying on the right side of me, where normally it was on the left side. I didn't put two and two together until after the diagnosis. She kept it up until after surgery and radiation, then she stopped.

tiggy

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Sandy.......hey, hey toddler.....now you sound like my kids....lol....all of the above were suggested I get as a mode of transportation.......then there is the 1daughter who keeps telling me.....YOU NEED TO EXERCISE MORE.....her I wold like to smack the shit out of......

Ok a picture....sexiest clothes..........lol...........That would mean going to Macy's and buying a completely new wardrobe........my sexy clothes like Elvis, left the building years ago.......and Sandy little lady......I have a son 3 years younger then you.......lol.........

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Shore tomorrow...my daughter does not want to drive in the storms we are suppose to get tonight.....out by 9am in the morning...since I am not the one driving, I keep my pie hole shut, and just go with the flow......not like if I did comment it would matter.......opening the pool on Saturday....

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013
    Hi gals!  And we have a NEW one!  Dwilli???   Nice to see you!  And yes.... someone said you would soon be a Hooligan.....  Ha!  But that's about right.....  Nice to have you here.

Chicky.... write EVERYthing down.... because you will surely forget by the time you talk to your Doc.  Then write down what the answer is....

Oh, it was Scottieeee that was assuming you would be persuaded by us Hooligans!  And say "bad things"?  Who,us?  Not a chance. 

But yes, we really DO care about each other...  some of us are still in active treatment, but then there are those of us, like me, that just hang around, and  re-group and reconnoiter...(I think that's a word.) 

And good for you  Veggy!  Such a long hard wait for that great news!

Cammi girl!   Yes, I tried hopping.... like jumping once a couple weeks ago, and it was like my feet were nailed to the ground!  What the hell?

I USED to do that stuff!   The only way I could jump is if I jumped down a step! 

Oh Chicki.... "young innocent virgin???????"  YOU said it, not me!  I didn't know there were those around anymore.... Ha!

Hi Chabba.... Is a Russian Blue like a Silver Tabby Persian?  We had a beautiful cat when I was growing up.... I LOVED him! 

Oh miss Marrycontrary!  YOU said something about my blouse being upside down?  Or something?  It was INSIDE out....!  Not backwards.. So there!  Silly goose! 

Speaking of chickens..... I've been feeding those 6 girls.... They really are nice!  I took them dandelions and an ear of corn I cut up!  They appreciated that very much!    Said to tell you all hi...!

Yeah, Ducky was the first into the MH Club!  She's such a tramp!  We are all very jealous of her.... 

Most of us are pretty quiet and refined.... except for a few.....

And Veggy again.... Good to see you sounding so happy!

Blondie.... Love you too funny face!    I think Sir Charles gave up the ship!  All of us rowdy women might be too much for the guy....

Spookiesmom!  I love that name.... Guess we can't do much with THAT one, right?   I've heard of some women who DO buzz of their little hairs.  Don't know if that helps... 

Grammie.... I LOVE your story, and your little dog....  !  So sweet! 

And we end with the Duckster!  Okay, go smack that Daughter of yours.  Don't exercise...   Nope.... just makes you hungrier.... And who is "Sandy".... what am I missing here?  xoxoxoxo

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289
    edited May 2013

We, bought our Shihtzu puppy close to two  years,  after my Surgery......he was a year old in February and brings us MUCH joy!! Liz

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

OMG did I read this before--I am having deja Vue (sp) I mean really. OHH it's passing.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2013

Ducky

If you smacked the snot out of that unrespectful daughter I'm pretty sure that would count as excercise !!

Two fer!!!!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

Chicklet - yes, do as Chevy says and write it down. This time around I'm keeping a little notebook, by day. I start in the morning listing the stupid drugs, dose & time taken. At the bottom of the page I list symptoms. I do it so I don't screw up any.meds, but it's also handy to take with you to Dr appts. MOs nurses were happy to make a copy and use it to update meds list.

When I'm feeling good the med list is short but with pain and nausea and you are rotating Tylenol with advil and compazine with zofran, then heaven knkws what else they will prescribe, it's a lot longer list. Heck, I even write down if I pooped! Whoops, TMI?

Drat, that took so long to tap out on this tablet that I forgot everything else. Dammit!

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Hi dweller! That's like a house, right? Welcome! For the record, I never know what's happening but it doesn't bother me too much. And that never stops me from commenting, sometimes inappropriately. Again welcome, you'll love us!

Phylluptous

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

I love your name Sandcastle!

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

HELP REQUESTED.......Hi my friends....rough day today apparently day 3 after chemo is not going to be my day can anyone help with suggestions for the bone pain from the Neulasta shot ? I have all the things the doctor said to use the Claritan, advil ,tylenol but any "sister tricks" out there ? This one's really getting me and I'm pretty used to pain with a ruptured discs in my spine but I have to say this is a doozy...going back to lay down I will check back later in case anyone has an amazing idea!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Chick, you might need to ask for something stronger than tylenol and advil, and for me advil was always a no-no?Bad bone pain usually lasted a couple days, oh how I hated those shots.Tramadol worked well for me those 2 or 3 days. Hugs to you, this too shall pass, even though it doesnt feel like it. The claratin never worked for me either.

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Oh thanks...I do have Tramadol.....there are so many flipping drugs I don't know what does what any more trying to get a handle on that

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Chica - So sorry it hurts so bad!  I use the claritin plus alternate tylenol and advil and use oxycodone or tramadol for breakthrough pain.  

Marywhat is right, it sucks big time, but it will pass.  Hope it passes SOON!

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013
    Post a reply

May 17, 2013 07:53 AM, edited 6 hours ago    by sas-schatzi

May 10, 2013 11:44 AM, edited 22 hours ago    by sas-schatzi

May  6, 2013 10:29 AM, edited a few seconds ago    by sas-schatzi

By next week we're going to have to do a roll call to see who's who and who've each has decided to be. I'll start off then as people add the old ,the, new, and the wanna be, I'll keep adding names to this list as I see them, except leaving off "B"'s.

"A child of many names is much loved"

*ChickaD, ChickieD, chickadee, Miss chickie, chickie, chickiepoo, Dchickie,Chickadana, Our Baby Dana, Chicklet-- OHIO, Treatment: BMX with DIEP sameday-surgical history; chemo to start approx may 17th2013, Furballs:Shepards-Tasha& Samantha Contact:

*Mary, Marywhat, Marywho, Marywhen, Marywhere, Marywhy, Maryhowmuch, Maryhowoften, Marycontray, Ice-road Trucker,IRT Short for I-R-Trucker,  Hoedown Girl(Nov9th2013 DS wedding), NORTH CAROLINA,Treatment:chemo, Furball:ZiggyDog; Contact:

*Camilegal, Cami, Spunky, Spunkie, ILLINOIS, Treatment:done,Furball:Kati-Kat, Contact:

*Chevyboy, Chevy, Olds, SweetPea, Chevette,Chevylicious,Chevorlette, GM Chevy, COLORADO, Treatment:done? furbal:?, Contact:

*Princess Purple Kantalope, GrannyDukes, granny, GG, Princess Kantaloupe, Princess K , PA, Treatment:done, Furball:none, Contact: Joan811, Veggy, Sas

*Pdgraham, Phyll, Phyllis, Phyllopian(phoenetically that's fa'-lop-pian, Chevy did you really mean to call her a tube attached to the uterus?), Phillissians(now Chevy's got you in the bible), Ph/pH now your a measurement symbol for acid/base balance. Choro-phyll ah environmentally correct producing___? Is it oxygen or sugar? Phyllo Dough. Phyllopteryx (the weedy seadragon) now she's a dinosaur er weed?. PhollicleDamage speaks for itself. Phyllandita, is this a drink or a plant species, PK,Phillidromia=plant?, Phyllipinat, Miss Pie Dough, Phylissnavidad, Phyllylopsided NE, Treatment:chemo, Furball:none, Contact:

*duckyb1, Ducky, Promqueen MHC, Duckling, Duckmiester, Miss Ducky, Duckster, Duck,  PA, Treatment: AI, Contact:

*SasSchatzi,Sas,sassy,cassyorlina,sassafrass, FL., Treatment: BMX, recon, chemo, brainsx, done, Furballs:dini-lab, schatzi-germanwired haired pointer(GWP), Contact:CkickaD/PPK/GMA/Linda n3/Fuzzy

Red, Carla Terry Hunt, our Angel 5/4/2013

April485, Stretch (am 4'11" - Ha!), Glinda the GoodWitch, Treatment Rads May 2013, Furball:, Contact:

*Shellshine, Shell, Shells, Shinyshells, HA. Treatment:TE to foobs May2013, Furball:, Contact:

*Kathindc, Kathy, Kathy-in-dc,Treatment:, Furball:, Contact:

Cmbernardi, Flower, Flowermound, Flowers, Ms Flowers, Carolyn, TX, Treatment: chemo, broken foot5/13, Furball:Broadway Rudy Guiliani dog, Contact:

*Scottie, Fartface, ONT., Treatment:, Furball:kitty?, Contact:

*Chabba,Treatment: lumpectomy, radiation done, 4th fo 5yrs of Tamoxifen,problem toe now4/13, Furball:Yo aka Pal, Goof, Contact:

*VEGGY, Plain Ole Veggy, Veg, Val, PA., Treatment:BMX,Chemo May 2013-NED 5/22/13, Furball:none, Contact:PPK

*Blondiex46, Blondie, Sandy, Miss Purple, Blondiepurpledarling, akaBPD, PA., Treatment:rads, Furball:, Contact:

*Wren44, WA., Treatment:LX, re-excision, MX 2012. 1year anastrasole done/4 to go. Furball:none, Contact:

Mericat, mer, meri, MARYLAND, Treatment:, Furball:,Contact:

*Iatiger, IATig, Tigger, Tig , IOWA, Treatment Bmx, no chemo/rads, TE exchange 5/13., Furballs: 4 kitties, Jazz- 16, Jack-5, Sniggle & Fritzy both 3, Contact:

Beatmom, Brenda, OK., Treatment:, Furball:, Contact:

*GMAfoley, GMA, OR., Treatment:ProblemSleep apnea/Insomnia, Furball:My Tigger Dog, Contact:

*savgigi, jeannie, Treatment:LX/SLND/IORT/AI, Furball:Kitty-Maggie, Contact:

*Julianna, Jule(s), Jewel, Treatment:BMX,AI, Furball:none, Contact:

*Jan69, Jan I am, Jamarama-ding-dong, Jan the Ding DongTreatment: BMX done; chemo/rads 2011done, Furball: thumper, bambi gopher, smokey the bear, Contact:

Zephyr1929, Zeph, ZEEE,ZEE/phyrTreatment:, Furball:, Contact:

ShaneOak, Shane(where are you?), Treatment:, Furball:, Contact:

*Spookiesmom, Spookie,Treatment:, Furball:spookie, Contact:

*Joan811,Joan, Treatment:, Furball:, Contact:

Dvrgrl, Alaska, Treatment:, Furball:,Contact:

Stacey, SweetPea Treatment:chemo5/13, sx in 6/13; Furball:, Contact:

*Luvmygoats, Luv, TX., Treatment:, Contact

Dwilli4483,Dwilli, Dwilliwillinilli,Treatment:, Furball:,Contact:,

Sandcastle, Sandy Treatment:, Furball:shitzu, Contact:

Mostlymom,WV, Treatment:, Furbabies:Dog-jessie-Australian shepard, DD kermit mostly pug. Contact:

Who'd i MISS???????? SASSY

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Up for 10 mins...lol...thanks for help and suggestions..THIS SUCKS!!! Ok I am now STFU.....

Chicklet...I like that term of endearment Phyllo ....my special dough girl

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Chick, sorry you are feeling so bad....hang in there, this too will pass, maybe not today

but soon...❤