STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Marymaryquitecontrary, I thought Phylllopsided was brilliant, maybe you could even roll in it. BUT that is harsh about the room. Is the room  porch have sides on it at all. Here in Florida they can enclose almost any thing.  Describe square footage, base present, code requirements. you have snow? how close to coast? Costs are ridiculous, but may be you can find a florida person that wants to go hunting , fishin, camping in NC that would do it cheaper cuz they can camp on your lawn LOL. The odd thing here in florida is many people retire to the Carolinas' . who knowes? Reread post, last sentence an observation not applicable. What I mean is there is a connection between florida trades people and hunting. Many hunters go up to states north of us to hunt. If you could do a trade off for work, for a campsite if you aren't far from huntuing grounds. Better sense? Try Craig's list?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2013

Sounds like part of the porch problem is the HOAs, just like here in Fl. I won't live in a community like that. They need to be told to STFU.

Maybe if you don't call it a "porch". Try calling it a birdcage. Seriously, a lot of people birdcage their pools here. Really just a screen enclosure.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

@Spookiesmom

FUNNY!

And Marywh - so sorry.  I spent a whole summer in Porchville when the folks could not afford a vacation!  HA!

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Maryywhat, spookie hit on something if there is a deed restriction, and you have a disability , which may not have to be declared ny ssdi, but ADA recognizes it, you may be able to get something built. It's an angle to research.i.e.  you may suffer anaphyllaxsis b/c of bugs, solution build a bug free enclosure, if HOA denies, then are they responsilbe for prohibiting you from a life threatening outcome, by their denial.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

cmbernardi's survey:

The folowing survey is to identify those members that have had an experience with animals/pets that had behavioral activities, that led the member to associate the behavior with their cancer.

Was this animal yours?  If None mark x and stop here:          No           Yes      

Whose animal was it?

What type of animal was it?                                                    Cat:        Dog:    

Breed and age:

Does the animal have any special training:                             No           Yes

Specify training:    

Did you seek medical advice because of pet behavior?           No           Yes

How long before diagnosis did pet demonstrate behavior?

Identify stage of BC and mets at diagnosis?

Stage:

Mets:

Describe in detail activity that pet exhibited?

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Well, my brother has actually said he would come look at it. He is a brilliant builder and does beautiful work, however we are not on the best of terms right now, so we shall see. We are 2and a half hours from the beach here, lots of hunting and fishing too, although nieghbors would probably complain if we had people camping in our yard.I think hunting season is just about over for everything around here except duck. Oh, I know Ill get something eventually I just wanted it done like yesterday. Im just pouting...so Im going to bed. Tomorrow will be better...

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Marymaryflowersofdreams, Nice the brother is stepping forward, best of scenarios.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922
    edited May 2013

Shane had her permanent squishies on 4/24. Maybe she's just done with BC - forever or for a while.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Wren thanks for updating us on Shane, Bless you

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

This is a post of mine from along time ago, had value then and it's value is ongoing:

There will come a time that you will no longer need BCO. It is different for each person. Some need to stay here b/c no one in their life gets what they have experienced.

Others need to stay b/c they have developed friendships, that are beyond dissolution, by leaving.

Others want to stay b/c they love helping others

Why we stay or why we leave, is to each our own, we love when we are here and remember when we our gone

But always , remember you are valued, and your return is received joyously, because you LIVE

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Hi everyone....Princess K -Sas made a really good argument for an attorney and in these cases I think an attorney doesn't take any money up front so they want a case that's easier t prov. A malpractice one is very difficult to do with lots of ubsuccessful ones so lawyers don't like them unless they think it's a slam dunk case for them. It's like u need an attorney like the one when that lady sued McDonalds for how coffe and won bit time. That att, had balls and was wacky too and that's what u need, Hospital and Dr. can cover as well as the CIA---Please calm down this take a long time to do, nothing legal happens quickly--and that was horrible they said a Dr. from the Netherlands and there was not. Take something to calm down some. OK <3

GMA I hope u'r feeling better, I'm sure u'r sister will be OK, u just feel for her, she's u'r sirer and u want her to feel fine and be healthy--She will surprise u with her strength and u'll be there for her--and no guilt, I told u my sister didn't have any and we are so close.

Blondie my sister is Stage IV and I was from the get go and it's 6 yrs for both of us. And she's still working FL and she's 74--and looks beautiful all the time--I hate her--so don't thik of time--so much is being done now so just enjoy what u are doing and enjoy u'r family.

Chevy are those chickena being fed in order to sell or eat. OMG--u'r the fox in the henhouse but nicer.

Phydlidee I'm glad u'r feeling better, but get used to the chemo brain, it doesn't always leave u know so just go with it.

Ther's a party tomorrow--I'll see about it. But I hope everyone has a calm weekend and a lovely one.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Camiiiiiiiiii, but you forgot STFU, BUT girl you were on on a roll, and driven..............yeah

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

OK now I'll STFU LOL

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

I'm by myself. spent several hours today trying to find some anchor hocking glass that I thrifted yesterday. Did the net, did replacements.com. Replacements.com, I looked at hundres sporadically-- there was a thought process. It didn't work.  Then decided I had to just go through from a to z. Went back to the beginninig, it was number two,  Aberdeen

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited May 2013

Ugh I am on Pacific time for one  more day...so it's always the middle of the night in the rest of the country...but somebody's gotta be up....
    Phyllistina, I think you aren't up...but you made me LMAO about the toothbrush....I have my own everything that I put away when I'm done...I just know that other males in my house put their sox & boxers wherever they please and I refuse to put my toothbrush down anywhere....let alone share!!!  I do NOT share well...never did...never want to. 

New York, New York....the best place for a reunion...only thing better would be the train ride east to have a sleep over at my house -- no charge...and hooligans welcome.

Granny, we're all here....
    Gorgeous full moon tonight...so show your fangs, hooligang! 

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Oh o oh o ho do you really want too know about tooth brushes , Or just what to do?

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

ok gudfiddlepoop. i'm up, I convinced son to research tooth brushes, Won't go through  the whole scenario, scientific method maintained. Outcome:put them in the dishwasher and it reduces all bacteria to zero on the brush, ergo could be used , by others in the family......

STFU i could go on.....but who STFU cares,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,502
    edited May 2013

Does anyone happen to have Red's mailing address? If so, would you please PM us with it. We'd like to reach out to her husband and let him know about your heartfelt words, and donations about Carla.  Many thanks.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Mods, after I donated, I just left a note on her "Memorial Page".... Hope the family got to see how much we cared... 

I don't think we knew her that well, but it was fun posting back and forth...  It's like Sassy says, about leaving this, or any thread.....  Sometimes we lose them like with Red, or maybe they just want different things to talk about... 

And they move on.....  Hate to see anyone go, but it's so fun when we muster up NEW ones that we can have fun with!  Thanks...

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

Cammy!  You BAD girl!  Those chickens heard you, you know!  Honestly, I can't believe how "quiet" they always are...  They hardly make a "peep."  Well I thought it was funny. Wink  And they come over to me when I slink in their coop... And they say "Okay, what's for dinner?"  

So Marycontrary, they know me even WITH my peasant blouse on inside-out... HA, ha!   They won't start laying until maybe July.... At least that's what my OTHER chicken neighbor said... I MUST be living on a farm!  But no cows allowed, I don't think!  Eeeeks!

Okay Janarama...  No, you are not a ding-dong!  Remember that song by Chuck Barry called "My Ding-a-ling?"  I LOVED singing that along with them! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmug-0iSmgY

Okay, I DARE you to not turn up your sound all the way, and sing along with him! 

Maryagain... Yes, bribe your Brother!  It IS like in Florida, where bugs run rampant, and they screen their everythings!   You should get some sort of help from the city or State?  I mean if you whine enough?  

Go get some nails, lots of screening material, Duck tape, and a few boards.... Or else find a local guy that DOES do stuff like that.  I would whine incessantly.

YES!  Like Spookie said!  Build yourself a "bird-cage!"  Perfect.  OR a habitrail...  Ha, ha! 

• cmbernardi
    edited May 2013

@ Joan811

I started to read a lovely message from you then got side-tracked with family issues,  Never a dull moment around here.  If you can, please remind me of what you said.  It had something to do with me starting RADS in June.  The mapping went well and the folks at my Center are the BEST!.  Peace!

Flowers

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Good Morning all hooligans, and if u think u'r not HA u are.

OK Chevy I needed to know why u were fattening up the chickens--OK so their laying chicks---hmmm interesting terminology--much like u Chevy in the back seat. U r brave tho, cuz I have a thing with anthing with wings-ooooooo.

And Joan whtever u told flowers it was a nice thing to do.

Sas u are so on the ball all the time

Joey fell asleep with me last night, getting him up was like trying to wake up a drunk on a 2 day binge. I finally got him in bed with Marty's help.We were watching Fashion Police (our usul Friday nite) and he conked out on me.

Well this IS a hoiday week-end and yet I don't feel like holidaying. Is everyone better today? I hope so, a tough week for some.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited May 2013

Wow last night was busy here. Don't have time to catch up. Off to work at fabric store. BUT no drug hangover this morning! Wide awake! Thanks Sas, temazepam is a wonderful med for insomnia. I still woke up 4 times but it wasn't 8 times. I clocked 9.8 hours on my CPAP. Amazing! Ok, off to work & will STFU....

• Chevyboy
    edited May 2013

And it wasn't the back seat, it was the FRONT seat!  Sheesh! 

I was really leary of being in the coop with those 6 Hens also, but not only do they have WINGS, they have beaks and feet to beat you over the head with!  SO far, so good though.  I've "known" them since they were just days old, and they really are HUGE now, and very pretty....!  I like the way they make little "clicking" sounds... I keep checking for eggs, but nothing yet.  You would THINK they would thank me with just ONE egg...

Cammy.... Remind me once more.... WTH is Joey?  Is that your Son or your Puppy?   That description was funny!  Wink

And yes, I LOVE Fashion Police too.... That Joan is such a biatch!    Man, I think she looks Great for all the plastic surgery she has had done.....  If I had the money, I could have a few of my necks tucked in... Along with a bunch of other excess stuff!

Glad you got some sleep Grammie!  We all need that.

And morning to you Flowers!  Okay, here's for you....

• marywh
    edited May 2013

Oh Chevy you are amazing!!!Thats just what I wanted outside my back door, and great for ds wedding coming up-we could use it for after party and play date.I can just see myself trying to get up that ladder with 1 arm. I think I would need a trampoline at the bottom too...We could place bets to see how many times it would take for marywawa to reach the top, all money going to marys Real screened in porch!!!

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Oh those are beutiful Chevy.

Joey is my grandson (8), but kinda like my own son=he comes to me when he's afraid, and asks me questions about life and very protective of me and he talks very openly about my cancer--the little stinker looked it up, he knows more than I do sometimes, it's funny cuz whenever he's home he wants to go with me for app'ts and wants to talk to the Drs. ha no I don't think so.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

Well good morning hooligans.....how is everybody?

ah Mary that sucks.....that is really expensive, guess you don't know anybody handy that could build it for you...

thanks CAM will do...

Phy how r u ?

love the flowers

• cmbernardi
    edited May 2013

@ Chevyboy & All,

THANK YOU !  Beautiful flowers.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

blondie! Good morning! I really mean it today. Didn't feel up to eating breakfast but got all of my LE and frozen shoulder stretches done along with a 10 minute walk around the park across the street. Progress!

Saw those cute grandnephews last night and got kisses snuggles and hugs along with some stimulating Spiderman conversation. That must be why I feel good today!

Aunt Pheeyus

• marywh
    edited May 2013

I also had some stimulating conversations about spiderman with gs yesterday,And I finally got to be Batman for awhile!!!!