STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

I'm still here. Reading mostly. These days by the time I shower, get lotioned up (this chemo is making me scaly), then put on my sleeve and compression shirt I need catch my breath and a nap. Then it's time for stretches. The good news is that I'm mainly just tired and not sick this week. Not sure where my energy went!

PPK, here's hoping you get a much needed break. I hope you have a good visit. Your friend is lucky to have you. So are we.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Phillasleepy U sound like me--by the time u'r all done it's like major work.Well u'r tired because all of this that ur energy is sucked right out of u, that's pretty normal for a while so do what u can and then rest. U deserve itOK I'm going to rest now I've been on this thing alot this morning and my eyes are tearing and I can't waste the moisture.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Happy Saturday. (it is sat. nope it's sunday according to the tv OH WELLLLL.)At least the tv menu bar can keep me straight on the day.

Chickie have you come up for air? Now I can tell you what I described neulasta pain like. Wolves gnawing on your bones and your alive. Sound about right?

I think I've given up on nicknames or at least some. You guys are sooooooo creative. I love it.

GMA happy that you got some sleep without nightmares. Temazepam is so predictable. Once you start sleeping everything else will be easier to deal with. Sorry about your sister, BC sucks.

Bernardi I just love your name, everytime i say it, I feel like I'm on the sandlot playing baseball yelling "BERNARDI get that ball eh buddy" Nice warm memory.

I'm enjoying the discussion on all the old music artist. The now and the then. They were considered so radical at the time. AND we were going to be (insert any negative thought) by listening to them. Now they are ICONS. My favorite was Croce and Jefferson Starship(Airplane). Most all of Motown being a Detroit gal:) Detroit was consumed with Motown, the songs , the dancing, the fires.

DDBF is messing with my brain and life, wish i could sit around a table with coffee, or shots and sort it out. bummer.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Okay, so Sass!  What does DDBF stand for...  I have my own thoughts here, but I had better not say them.... Ha! 

Yes, remember Bob Dylan, and Rainy Day Women?

http://vimeo.com/37683622

I don't know WHY I liked that song so much.... listening to it now, sounds so "scattered..."  Wink

Hope you are doing better Phyllopian!  Geez, I hate when you guys feel bad.....

I'll just go watch the races and make a screw-driver, and have a toast to all my gals! xooxoxox

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

Ms. Sas,

Thanks for the comments about my last name.  I always loved it to.  WISH I could play ball and have you yelling at me.  Someday, huh?

CB

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Chevy, Essa named him "DearDramaBoyFriend"DDBF. He ranges from sweetest to insane and everything in between. Positives: sex is wonderful, doesn't drink, his work ethic is tremendous, treats me respectfully when we're together. But he's waffling on committment, doesn't come home sometimes when he says he's going to. He wants to have a separate life, but he wants this life too.Has a secret life.  gotta go he's home.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Oh all this talk about old music reminds me of American Bandstand on Saturday Morning, That was my favorite. I agree there was nothing like Motown either. I still have all my old albums, just dont have a turn table to listen to anymore. I do pull it up on the computer when Im cleaning though. Thats the best music to clean by. I dont even listen to any of the new stuff. Except for Adele who sounds like Janis, Jack johnson whos from Hawaii and Phillip Phillips who won American Idol last year..thats it for new stuff.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited May 2013

Sas!  Okay, he's married.    I will go follow him.... and kick his butt into next week!

My youngest Daughter has a "friend" like that!  They were Sweethearts in Highschool.  He broke her heart!  Then 5 years ago, he came into the floral department where she works....  It was on again!  For about a year!  Then texting... not committed, not phoning...blah-blah!  Then showing up with presents at Christmas!  On again.... then nothing!

So she knows he is a "friend"....but thank God he has his own life, and home, and doesn't want to merge the two!  I would shoot him!   Been married before, but doesn't have much to do with his X, nor his two grown kids.... Not even his Grand-daughter!  I would have to do that guy in!  I mean seriously!  In other words I don't trust nor like the guy.

Marymaryquitecontrary!  I had a turn-table, and recorded all of my albums that I wanted to keep onto cassette tapes!  I love them!  BUT you can google any song and download it into Itunes, and then burn those songs....  (99cents) onto your own discs, and then you have every song you like!  Grand-son showed me how to do that.....

Yes, I love Adele also!  She is such a soul-ful singer!  Remember Don Ho?  My folks LOVED his music!  And had all his albums!  They played the Hawaiian Wedding Song at their 50th anniversary!  Cool

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited May 2013

Good afternoon beautiful hooligans,

Chevyboy I am up in Winter Park with my parents, DH (Tim), and Austin. We slept in didn't get to see the sun rise, but sounds beautiful. Don't you just love Colorado, the only other place that rejuvenates my soul is the beach. I wish we could have the best of both worlds. I am having my right mx and sentinel node testing on June 13. My plastic surgeon thought bc of radiation they should stage my left mx to spare skin that doesn't have cancer. So the plan is drug targeted chemo every 21 days till January, then right mx, then radiation, then left mx and reconstruction when skin heals. The plastic surgeon said he will need to take muscle and skin from my back to create a right breast. Sounds like fun :( but whatever it takes! I want to be around for my family. On my weak days that is where my severe anxiety is from. But I know only positive thoughts, I am very grateful. I think just this long process just drives me nuts F-Cancer!!!

Grannydukes I am sends hugs and prayers for you and your BB. I hope they are keeping her very comfortable and she can pass peacefully. However it still sucks, what a fighter, 30 years, what an inspiration!! In my family everyone has heart disease and diabetes not cancer. Everyone must have passed from heart attacks before they knew they had cancer. Where in NJ do you live? My family is from Vineland and Egg Harbor Twp. I just love NJ, grew up going to Ocean City and Stone Harbor. The second my anxiety gets the best of me I close my eyes and picture my self walking down the shore line with my feet in the sand. Oh have the best sweet corn and tomatoes for me when they come into season. My mouth. Is watering....yummy

Veggy do you like Yuengling beer? It's my favorite not much of a beer drinker but when I go back east I just love to pop one. Still doing my NED dance for you! Still the best news ever!!

Chevy Im with you, Sass what does DDBF stand for.... I am thinking of a few different answers but don't want to assume.

ChickaD how are you feeling? I am praying for the pain to stop! You call those MDs and make them help you with pain control! I don't want you to be in pain!!

Ugh I wish I could see you all and give you a gentle hug and laugh over coffee or shots in persons... Thank you guys for helping me, I am inspired by your strength!!

Hugs Sweet Pea

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited May 2013

Danced on Bandstand in Philly in the 50's.........right now in Cape May beach, NJ....so I am 2 or 2.....lol.....HUGS

Gran...sorry...more poblems for you agin....WTF......hugs for you

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited May 2013

Oh ducky how's the weather in Cape May? Wish I was there with you... I had gone there with my parents growing up. Can't remember didn't go often but we loved to go eat at the Cape May Inn. We loved Springer's ice cream in Stone Harbor. Hope you have a good day ;)

Sweet Pea

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

I love "over coffee or shots". That made me laugh!

I went over and saw the twins for a few minutes then came home and slept for 2 hours. It was a very strenuous visit. I was trying to teach little Mac how to cross his eyes. It will take more than one lesson, though.

Good news! All of my scab-boogers on my MX scar finally fell off. Those were annoying. How you ladies put up with recon is a miracle!

It feels like summer now and rain 2 days in a row!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

thanks Cam yep I am doing alright....will be better on tuesday and since this is my week off I will be much better next sunday, lol....going to make myself a milkshake....

chevy love that, and look at that purple, hate the pink tho.

I definately won't eat rabbit

granny....so sorry about your son!!

phg, thinking of you, hoping you are getting there...

sweet pea you are so sweet....

made the milkshake, manwich and mac and cheez....

have a good one!!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

Oh it sounds like everyone is having a pretty good day--I hope. I listen to the music on TV they have 50, 60, 70, I go back and forth .

Ducky I used to wstch the originl AB everyday after school, and I can't remember names, except Bob and Justine but it was alot of the same  couples everyday and they became well known for their dancing. They all slow danced so nice. It was fun to watch.

It's raining and droopy out, but I'm fine with that.

Phillanodroop--I don't know how all thes girls go thru recon either--It's such a long process and sounds painful.

• blondiex46
    edited May 2013

it is 70 today...going up to the 90's later this week..

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited May 2013

Hi my friends.......

Emerging from the pain....sort of 50% better, but now dealing with back and forth diarrhea from all pain meds....I really want this rollercoaster to stop now...I dont like this ride!

I feel like a wet noodle...lol...ok..again STFU and wishing everyone a happy Memorial Day weekend.

Looking for light at the end of the tunnel soon............................♥

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Blondie, " made the milkshake, manwich and mac and cheez" sounds wonderful. I think I just had jalapeño Cheetos for dinner.

Chicklet, hope you can have "milkshake, manwich and mac and cheez" soon with a side of no pain.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

Just got back from the hospital...my friend is such a fighter...she amazes me...when I look at her I just wanna cry...she was a NYC detective..now she is fighting for her life...I swear if that was me I would have stopped everything.soo sad.

Sweet pea...I live in old bridge...don't know much about nj...I will always consider myself a Brooklyn person....

Veggy...I got the mask.lol.i wore it today and got lots of laughs...big red lips and a beauty mark right above the lips...now I really look like a Brooklyn tramp...

Hugggs to all my sistas.

Princess purple kantalope

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Miss PPK....sending you and your fighter much love and light♥

Miss Phyllopie.....a milkshake sounds absolutely FABULOUS....hubby now going to store for icecream....yay♥

• blondiex46
    edited May 2013

yay Chick....what kind are you making, I had vanilla and choc, but it was at the end, sooooooo now I have to get some more....I want another one, damn car....battery is dead....I willl get one soon...that one just didn't hit the spot....can hubby go for me too and drop in off in PA....I live near the airport, can see it from my house....just fly the jet over and drop it, lol...so sorry you are having such a hard time, a friend of mine is also having a hard time with the neulasta shot.....

Phy I can't taste but the stupid manwich just didn't "taste" good, I have no idea what that means, but there is some kind of a taste without tasting....

• phgraham
    edited May 2013

Blondie, you're right and you described it perfectly.

p.s.  new avatar "chocolate phyllo triangles".  New slogan "just bite me!"

• ChickaD
    edited May 2013

Miss Triangles....love the BITE ME.......

Miss Blondes......CHOCOLATE....total chocoholic here!.....ouch did you feel that...hubby just dropped you a care package from our private jet......

My taste buds are shot too...ick....kinda like burning your mouth...yuck

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited May 2013

Hi hooligananigans!  I missed a few days...so that means about 10 pages of VIPs (very important posts...oops I mean very irreverent posts...

Duckster, Is that you in this pic?  Are you sitting on the bleachers or out there trying to cut in on Frani? 

• joan811
    edited May 2013

Cmb – I said something nice?  Guess I am not 100% hooliganized...but that’s me...anyway, I think I asked you when do you start your rad-fries; then I probably told you about my ways of getting through (always iPod playing crazy loud music and nothing sweet or sad...and playing word games I made up...I’d hardly notice being left alone in a cold dark room with a beastly machine that would come alive and zap relentlessly

Re: basements...go figure...TX and OK – no basements.  NY (Long Island) – basements...of course...we have sandy soil so basements settle and crack; we have hurricanes and basements get filled with water....now a man must have designed all this...

• joan811
    edited May 2013

ahhhhhh just a few more thoughts before i STFU....
    First, Granny, my precious purple friend, I just read your latest and am in disbelief.  I know you just lost a friend...am thinking this is the friend you spent time with...no matter...it is beyond Cry

Chickadeedee, keep checking in (like you've been doing) or we’ll have to send Mama hen Chevy after you...she has a way with feathered creatures...sorry for your pain, it just sux.

Chevy, refresh my memory, what’s an ironing board?  Can I use it on my neck?

Gma, so sorry about your sister and that you are so far apart.  I hope you keep in touch however you can.

Cami, 8 year old grandsons have no inhibitions about letting you know they know it all...no matter what the topic...mine is an expert on everything...in painfully long explanations...Your Gs sounds quite special and focused on you. 

Blondie, comfort food works...I just had a super soft twizzler...hope you are doing OK with your week off coming up. 

Chevy, your wish came true -- i saw the incredible sunrise this AM...only I was flying home from CA on the red eye and couldn't sleep...I looked out and saw the full moon setting and the orange and purple sky just before the sun came up. Amazing... I coulda cried but I just took another 1/2 of xanax so I could sleep a little.  I think I took pix......then we flew right over Manhattan and I knew I was almost home.  I slept from 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM - glad to be in my own bed.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited May 2013

@ Joan811

I love NY an NYC.  Worked on LI for a few years selling gourmet food - Sutton Place Gourmet and Balducci's.  I remember the sandy soil and the wet basements very well.  I miss my work in NY so much bit got sick in May 2012 with the BC and did not mend very quickly.  Now I am in TX. with my Sister being treated and hoping to get much better soon.  All the best!

CMB 

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

Hey Joan...you are so funny..I needed that laugh about the ironing board.I used to keep mine open and press those damn clothes every nite or early in the morning...now that same ironing board is in my closet.i dont think I ever used it since I retired.

Well as usual I'm a mess.broke ot in 2 red circles on my back.i have cream that took away the itches....a d my breast is swollen...thes freekin things have to do with the stress..how the hell am I gonna control my emotions now?I took 1/2 of 10mgs. Of Valium..

Any suggestions?

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

I cant remeber everything Ive read today,(chemo-brain and old age). so I will just say I hope everybody that is feeling bad or sad will be feeling better soon.Chick glad you are finally feeling better.You know the 1 thing I remember is that if you take the pain meds before it gets bad it works better.Dont let it get unbearable before you take it, and drink, drink, drink. I drink pedialite mixed with water.Had a fun afternoon with my sister and dh. Grilled out and then he watched the 600, or is still watching the 600 and sister and I played Rummykube. Greatbut the other chemo sounds worse, so we'll see.. game if you are a gamer. Have an extra day off from chemo tomorrow and dont go in till Tues. which is when Ill find out about the heart. Been doing some research on that and it is some scary stuff, so Im really a little nervous about the halaven now...but the other chemo sounds even worse so we'll see...cancer is a bitch, and now Ill stfu....

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited May 2013

Oh, when the taste buds go it's awful! You think you can eat, you know how it's SUPPOSED to taste, and then it doesn't. Not even like cardboard. Extra salt helped a little bit, not good I know, but when WATER didn't even have taste I cried.

So eat whatever you can get down when you can, however you can. I said phooey on the diabetes too, I needed to choke something down. Glucerna vanilla shakes kind of worked

The good news is eventually your taste buds will taste again.

• joan811
    edited May 2013

(((GrannyK))) i think you are doing all you can....sorry 'bout the itchies and the swelling...I agree...I think it is the stress...I had awful leg pain and I dropped the statin and omeprazole for stomach (dont know why i take that)...felt better...then when there was stress of any kind, the leg pain came back.  I think it is nerve-related...somebody explained neuropathy to me and UGH i hope not...also fibromyalgia scares me....it seems when I develop some new SE, it does not go away no matter what I do.  What's with that?
    Try to keep ahead of the itch and any pain...and the valium should help with sleep. If you can't sleep, call me...I stay up to all hours.  especially after being in bed all day trying to switch to NY time again.
    BIG hug and what can I say?  Hang in there for more s#*t?  Sorry you are going through this.