Comments

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

chevy, I told you we were losers!

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited May 2013

Here's my ironing story.  We live in the 100 acre woods, so dress code, even for teachers, is pretty much jeans and Tshirts.  Before retirement, we (school district) hired a teacher from big time city who dressed "professionally."  Her first day in classroom, lead teacher sat her down and told her "we don't iron."  New professional grabs me at lunch and says, "I don't own jeans or Tshirts.  What should I do?"  Poor thing!  She eventually slacked off and wore nice slacks and button up shirts.  Put us all to shame.  WE Don't iron is still true.  I have a nice country hick wardrobe, just wearing my old school clothes.  Panty hose?  Never!  Shoes?  tennis or birkenstocks.  I think the younger ones ran around in flip flops.  The office staff always dressed better than the teachers.  Bet they iron.

But I won:  Still wear jeans and t shirts and still get paid every month via teachers' pension.  Jammin Jan

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2013

Hi hooligans .....if anyone laughs here I will come and find you...lol. I just swallowed a prune pit!!! should I be worried???? remember I'm watching you all...👀😎

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited May 2013

Scottie,

One prune pit won't do you in.  Don't be surprised if it comes out the other end looking the same as when it was swallowed.  Pinky promise, I am not laughing.

J

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited May 2013

Promise Im not laughing, but Scottie, how the hell did you swallow a prune pit? you"re sappossed to eat Around the pit , not put the whole thing in your mouth.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited May 2013

Read three pages and I've got it all mixed up.

Phyllo congrats on the jetta

Beatmom, hated ironing still do. Had to teach Dh when we married, his mom ironed is uderwear/tshirts/pj's---everything. I didn't. I taught him to sew too. Rationale: on a business trip who's going to sew on a button or a seam. Pretty cool when I found him one day teaching Ds how to sew on a button.

Shellshiner glad to see you. That will make two nurse practioner areas of practice won't it? Have fun with the pedies. Hope all continued to be heaven while DS was home.

Chickie, so sorry baby

Dwilli same , sorry you didn't get to finish those kids. They become part of us.

Sweet Pea we will all be with you for surgery. My twin was a premenopausal Bc patient in 1996 with a positive node. She's never had a recurrence. Has major issue now , but it's not BC. I'm a post menopausal Bc patient.

Veggy In your pocket, bringing more chocolate........... 

Granny, once the electronic medically record is filed it's locked. It can only be reaccessed by unlocking by whomever has the power. And a reason has to be given to unlock it. It varies by institution. Institutions take this very seriously. The law provides that the instituition has the right to charge per page. As I described before your son has the right to get his medical record, or his poa, whoever gets  it has to have a photo ID. Doesn't matter if instituition thinks a lawsuits pending, the patient has to the right to a copy of the record. If a law suit is filed the lawyer would have to get a copy by subpeona and he also would be charged a per page fee. The lawyer can't use your copy b/c of chain of evidence. The instituition providing the record to the lawyer is guaranteeing the medical record is intact. That's why what ever you get is yours, lawyer may look at it , but won't use it for the case. You don't need the whole medical record for what you want to do now. Just the 5 we talked about b/c they directly relate to the surgery and all the records related to the surgery. ICU notes for example are irrelevant b/c they have nothing to do with documentation of who was in the operating room. Your stated concern is Dr Netherlands, obtaining records related to that issue alone is a best start, also, cheaper.

Institutions take the handling of medical records as a legal compliance issue. They all don't do it the same, but they do it within the framework of state law. One of the things a lawyer would do besides getting the record and the computer record of who accessed the record after it was locked and why, is get acopy of the policy and procedures related to medical records. This would be used by the lawyer to assure all PP were followed. For each document I suggested getting, they follow a chain of what the patient ds was told and what then occurred around the surgery.

Can things go wrong --yes---but if it's computer done, it's different then the days where it was all hand written. The instituiton he was in is big enough to have gone electronic. That's a plus.

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Sas...thank you...❤.....I had two in my mouth watching Coronation Street....I guess my multi tasking days are over....ha ha ha

Hi everybody...just plum tired...ha ha ....pardon the pun..lol...the school semester is coming to an end and so is my patience....catch up,later....luv ya all....❤

• marywh
    edited May 2013

Do not get to do Halaven anymore. Have to have an echocardiogram or muga scan before I start anymore chemo though. MO is on vacation this week so I dont think Ill know anymore till next week. This is all getting a little old.Ive been doing this shit for 5 years bald for 3 of those 5 years Im so sick of it.wah-wah-wah-ok Ill stfu now.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Scottie--oops, whats the thanks for, did I forget something?

Maryfairy, sorry, but have a cry tonight and put your big girl panties on tomorrow. Hell if you hadn't fought this long we wouldn't of had the privelege of you being here with us right now. We want much more time with you. L&H&P's sweetie Sassy

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited May 2013

Sas---i spoke to 2 lawyers and they both said i do not have a case...why?because he had brain surgery over 25 yrs ago....im gonna have my son still get the records but he already said no more surgery.enuf.Thanks for all the help...

• juliaanna
    edited May 2013

Mary, sorry to hear your news.  I second Sas- we want you around for a long time.

Just got back from the dentist.  My mouth is still numb, and I am so hungry!  It was my lucky day.  While removing the crown that needs replacing, the dentist found the adjacent crown was loose.  He fixed it for NO CHARGE!!  He even said he was glad to keep me from making an extra trip to get it fixed.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2013

Mary, ditto what the sassmeistr said!

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

OMG ....the prune pit has gone to my head......ha ha ha ....Sas, I'm so used to you

posting all the wonderful info for.....ok I take the thank you back....lol

Juliaanna ....I'm so so sorry...now I'm giving you a big thank you for responding ...I swear that pit has headed north .....lol

• Scottiee1
    edited May 2013

Mary.....ditto 10x from me .....❤

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

Dwill so sorry, and glad you are here....

juliana....welcome back....

granny wish I could help you, so sorry!!

ok now have to switch pages.....sorry

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2013

OMG I can't remember everything--I'll do the best I can, please don't feel bad if I've forgotten someone.

Scottie (not laughing) but u can't see--don't worry about it--no tree will grow it'll get disolved.

Princess all the work and nothing can be done. I'm so sorry for u and u'r son.

Phylododo u will be feeling better soon this is a long hawl but u get thru it.

Dwilli I fell bad cuz u'r not getting to see u'r kids when they leave for the summer. U must care very deeply for them.

Ironing--OMG clothesline and clothes pins and in winter usually unless super clod then it would be in our basement and then we had the roller washing machine, when we lived in Chicago never put clothes outside--they would get dirtier than they started. Now no iron or boards in the house.

Mary u've turned into a professional patient, it's horrible I'm so sorry

Well Juliaanna u got something FREE from a dentis ==that's a brand new concept. Of course I do get free toothbrushes.

Chevy good pictures but I bet Philoless will not trace them.

Good post Sas.

That's all I remember guys--if u don't feel well just drink alot and rest and take meds if u have them.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2013

Merl...you are having a rough time of it, so sorry...how is DH today?

PHY....glad you are feeeling better....

Shell so happy and proud of you....keep it up...

Hey Chevy and CAM {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

NEXT PAGE

oh and I still hang clothes out and nope don't wipe off the line....

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Shell How could I not write about u--u'r almost there ---WONDERFUL

• marywh
    edited May 2013

Thanks to all my buds. Im pouting again.Im taking a ativan and going to bed. On a brighter note- db came out today and made some drawings of my house. Said he would work up some plans and will get back to me in a couple days.yipee! night.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Scottie hoot hootwho hoo sooooooofunny

Beatmom and Cami--I remember my hand getting caught in the ringer. Mom heard the scream and hit the release, by then it was above the wrist, don't remember what was done after. Do remember meeting as a young adult, a guy who had the same type of injury and the arm was shriveled. His story was the same as mine, except his whole arm was drawn in. You know how accidents can imprint. I remember bugging mom, then getting my hand drawn into the machine. Her hitting the release, then not much. Later learned about Compartment Syndrome, figuired that may of been the difference. Luck.

Juliannawherewewannbe, My dentist last week, I had a tooth going bad, he took care of it. They have twice not charged me since DH died. I wasn't going to let that happen again. I go to him b/c I trust him. Low and behold, they say the crown is less than 5 y/o and they don't charge if the crown fails which it did it fractured. BUT I DIDN"T know it. Who keeps track. We open our mouths and sign a check. He didn't have to be that ethical, I wouldn't have known. Isn't that cool..........

Granny, there's another avenue. It doesn't help your son, but may give some satisfaction. Compose a letter and send it to each person on the Board of Directors of Geisinger, same letter to the Joint comission(i'll help with address), same letter to licsencing board for the state, same letter to medical society.  What is different about your description than any I have ever heard of is that the patient DS was told another doc , DR Nehterland was being brought in, and then he left without talking to family post op, AND these were all things multiple family members heard besides patient preop. Way to wierd. First of all a doc coming across the pond is going to have enough ethics to take credit or failure for his work. Surgeons that have that magnitude are ethical. Arrogant probably( that's being a bitchy nurse). But there careers are based on ethics they would not have reached such heights without ethics.  SO something is way off, doing the letter thing will get all kinds of people (organizations) looking at the situation.

Please, as I recommended get someone to do an avidavit with a video of your sons recollection of what was explained to him preop and what he thought he was signing in the Consent. If his status changes and this is not done, nothing can be done.

The importance of this is, if all as you describe(i believe it is), it is too weird, to be made up, then a future occurence must be prevented.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

OMG Jan your story about the newbie to the Hundred Acre Wood story is to real and for the teach I'm sure was surreal. RATFLALMAO.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Mary yeah your brother will come through cool.......sprinkle fairy dust on him:)

• juliaanna
    edited May 2013

Scottie,

Don't worry.   We are all family.  Who hasn't been called by a sibling's name or the family pet?Laughing

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Okay---------one of--------my real negatives--------i've gained 25 lbs since DDBF and I've been together. Complete scenario--I lost 23 lbs with my BC dx over 3 months,  My Dh was dx'd 3 months after me and I lost 30lbs with my Dh's dx of lymphoma over next few months, weight has been stable from summer 2009 until till last nov2012. SHITTTTTTTTTTTT.

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

I'm sorry Sas but I gained 25 lbs just looking at dinner tonight.

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Cami-------------you are sooooooooooooooo sweet LOL going to get some Blue Belle

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

OK I've got a plan here, U all know my DD bout the purple glitter for my hair--Temporally, so it washes out and I'm still aiting for the chalk for streaks of color--it's on back order--anyway I got all colors nail polish for my BD and I do have strong nails now thanks to SE's and they are long so I did all of my nails bright red and the pinkies turquoise--whatever stripe I put in my hair my pinkies are going to be the same color--Am I clever or Am I really clever--I know STFU

• juliaanna
    edited May 2013

Cami,

We've always known YOU ARE REALLY CLEVER!

• camillegal
    edited May 2013

Juliaanna hahaha---I do nothing for the good of mankind just for my own personal pleasure

• sas-schatzi
    edited May 2013

Camiiiiiii you may be the lead of a new trend....... we don't want to be the blue hairs of our mothers, we don't want to dye b/c ..... but we want something different just like we did in the 60's ....... this could be way fun