STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

Whoa Veggy that sucks.....

have 5 kids....3 boys and 2 girls.....7 grandchildren 4 girls and 3 boys.....girls are so annoying don't particularly like them...

Ducky prayers.....

CAM you are so sweet!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Gran...they told Nikki that I should get it done.....I certainly will inquire....in order for insurance to pay, I think they have to approve it, and you need to meet certain criteria to qualify.......

My BS said not necessary because I got BC at 75, which would mean no brac gene. I'll ask anyway.....

Cam, my daughter felt confident.....

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited June 2013

Ok ducky.im not gonna even think about iti was 69 whe I got the bc.enuf.just glad things worked out for you...prayers work.xo princess

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

Beat...hope you are ok!!

Chevy...you are a good farmer....

Mary I am on taxotere and have it on my chest wall also...it protrudes...chemo tomorrow....1st of my 3 weeks on...can I tell you home much i love my week off...feeling good almost today....

yay Ducky!!

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited June 2013

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Oh thats just what I wanted to do to that guy who was honking at me yesterday!!!!

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

Miss Blondie....I feel your pain....good luck with your chemo tomorrow!

Miss Mostly.....how did you post the pic?

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Miss Mary...good luck with your new chemo on Thursday.....

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited June 2013

Blondie enjoy tonite, and an easy day tomorrow ((((HUGS))))))))sheila

Chickiepoo, honey this is what we call chemo brain. The easiest way to handle it is: **Take a deep cleansing breath and blow it all the way out, say "OH WELL" while your thinking WTF. If something is frustrating you , stop relax, do something else. Whatever is messing with you right now can be put aside. Cleansing deep breath. Find some jokes to read, or TV. May be just tell us some stories about trips. :)

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Thanks my friend Miss Sassafrassy......I do get frustrated at simple things I used to handle....now if I'm not drooling...its a good day. ?...ugh chemo brain

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Has anyone got Shanes's contact info????

Ducky Yay For the kids!!!!!!!!       BCO main board has a write up on the BRCA's. The genetsist should be able to include why he's suggesting BRCA. ALSO, ask if the CHOPS social workerss can arrange no cost testing through a foundation or Hospital . I was going to get another genetic test along with BRCA. The hospital that I went to for the genetic testing and counceling arranged for the test to be paid through some research thing. I screwed up and didn't get the blood test done in the time allotted. Wish I could give better details. Also, wish I had the test. It was a way bigger deal than BRAC and BRAC's big.. OH Well.

YOO- HooooooAnyone who hasn't given contact buddy info please PM me. I'll be a buddy to whomever needs one:) But we each should have minimum two buddies.

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Shellshiner, Where are you?

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Chickie on my tablet I have to copy and paste and it only works sometimes. On my desktop there is the tree icon in the posting box.when you click on it a little window opens asking for the address of the photo. Put the photo somewhere like photobucket. Then copy the address that photobucket gives you for the image into the box that BCO opened for you and click save.

That's the basics. I have no flippin' idea why the methods are different and crazy.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited June 2013

I think Joan needs another buddy...she only has me...

I think

I'm hoping someone sends her another buddy request.

Love my buddy list...thanks princess purple kantalope,RED rest her soul and my dear sista Torigirl who was missing because of the Oklahoma...am I good or what?

Be quiet Chevy..oh I forgot she is sleeping now.Tomorrow is another day.

I'm gonna shut down now too.

Gotta see dr.stomach surgeon...gotta thank him for finishing off my teeth.that friggin thing he put in my mouth started all this crap.BUT let me knock on wood he did fix my stomach..

Gonna send my Torigirl another email...

Hugggs everyone...don't forget I'm prayin for everyone of U

Xo princess

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Found this link tonight related to all things to know about your employer. I sure wish I'd seen this when I needed it. This link is to the questions page. Sorry got them backwards. I started reading this page first. Then got interested in the history.

http://www.cancerandcareers.org/en/at-work?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=careers%20in%20cancer&utm_content=Workplace&utm_campaign=Workplace_PAID%20Account

This link is to the History page about CancerandCareers organization. Important site to know about and spread the word. On the real legal stuff, they have several attorney's that share their opinion on the question.

http://www.cancerandcareers.org/en/about-us

sassy

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited June 2013

I was having problems reading last nite, must have been BCO. Or gremlins.

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Eating oreos and taking Xeloda, senna s, Zofran and pepcid...looking for the lorazepam. No wonder I'm a mess. Ha!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Ginger snaps are good for the tummy. Ate them like candy during radiation. I found some with no soy. LOL

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2013

Good thoughts for all the hooligans having treatments this week.

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

GMA, I love ginger snaps and ginger candy. I like the hot spicy taste... specially now when not much tastes at all.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2013

OK HOOLIS - This I don't understand:  PPK and I got BC at 69, and Ducky even later.  I was told that since I was so old, there was no need to check for the BRBC gene.  Now does that mean that everybody who has that devil gene get BC and also everyone with that gene gets it young?  I have 3 daughters and 5 granddaughters who need to know this stuff.

I hope this question makes sense to someone who knows the answer.

I passed my driving test today.  It's always stressful and I always to well.  I'd be stuck if I couldn't drive.

Chickadeed - I cried when I read about your new hair style.  Brought back too many sad memories.  You're so lucky to have a supportive DH and friends.  Priceless, isn't it.  Hope chemo gets easier for you.

Blondie - Good luck tomorrow. 

Ducky - So happy.

And the rest of all the interesting people who hang out here--the best for a long restful night.  Jan

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Jan....agree with you.....now I repeat...this woman is Chief Geneticist....Head of the a genetics Dept in one of the most renown hospitals in the world, and is telling my daughter....."Your mother needs to get the Braca tests done, to protect your daughter.(my granddaughter) of which I have 7 more female granddaughters, yet I was told NO, you don't need it......she did not care that I was 75 when I got it.

What is worse my mother died from Colon cancer, my husband from Pancreatic cancer.(which has a connection to BC, and I have BC.....go figure.

I will pursue this...

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Well, Well, Well--we do have well water here, but that's not why I said that. I meant tp say it's on the very quiet side tonight. And why? I kn, I know everyone is tired either thinking about tomorrow or thinking about today. We should not think at all--some of us don't so it's a good thing. But I am so tired tonite so I know I'll be up early and have an early (for this house-) Dr/s app/t and lab work done. I don't mind labs--u really don't have to talk just wait a few minutes for u'r lab work to get done and leave--no questions and crap.

KissWinkCry for everyone getting chemo this week--I forgot about gingerale--made with ginger--it good for u'r tummy.

I hope everyone resrs well tonight tho--I know I won't cuz that's all I'e been doing--damn

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

cammi honey darling sweetie pie - I hope tomorrow goes smooth as silk for you.  If anyone gives you crap or makes you feel bad, call Chevy, then Sassy then me.  By the time they get to me they will have been bumfuzzled by Chevy and blinded by science by Sassy.  You know what I will do.  All for you!

Phythepaintballgunner

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Chicklet, I hope you can get your picture posted.  I bet you look awesome!!  What a great friend!!

My sis offered to shave her head with me the first time and I declined.  This time around she offered again.  I asked if she would mind having my port implanted in her chest instead.  She had a good laugh and thought that might be pretty useful for me.  Then declined!  HaHa.  We were in the surgeon's office and I thought he might to pass out. 

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

blondiesue - good luck tomorrow.  Hope all goes well and that everyone you meet dotes on you.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited June 2013

Hope all who are having chemo, appointments, etc., tomorrow treats you kindly.  Sending positive vibes your way.

If you want any kind of ginger product, check out The Ginger People.  They make great candy, jam and marinade.  I also found Haribo candy makes a lemon-ginger gummy candy.  Addictive but hard on loose fillingsWink.

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2013

Ducky - I'm part of California Teachers' Study.  They are looking into cancer and the workplace (classroom).  They are trying to make arrangements for a face to face interview and blood draw.  I keep postponing because I'm busy seeing other doctors and getting blood drawn there.  Not sure where that research is going......  Glad you have a source to get information about this gene and age and testing and stuff.

Nebraska Phyll - Your diet sounds familiar.  Oreos, senna, Pepcid, oh my!

Still thinking about the question of being a rebel when young... Kripes, my parents were so conservative that even saying "heck" was not allowed.  So I rebelled.  A lot, according to my parents, but I was still very reserved.

Bedtime Jan

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

U'r right Phylomania---u r doted on in chemo==so have that feeling of yes dahlink I will have coffee now, and ezcuse me, I need to use the ladies powder room--I need assistance and glue a tiara on u'r head--u r a princess now to them and they will comfort u and when their done we will comfort u and u can just tell us u'r wearing u'r tiera. Seriously tho---no I'm serious. We know how it is and it's not a good time well I had a good time but not after so we understand.

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

I leave for just a bit and I think ya'll got into the you know what kind of cookie jar. But must admit I'd been in that cookie jar before you guys and then realized I had to explain to our Chickiesweetie in some cohesive way what chemo brain was.

Then Phylopaintbballgunner shows up eating xeloda with oreos, senna, zofran and pepcid. Ducky and Jan are worried about testing. The whole Brac thing was explained ad infinatum in the last few weeks, I didn't read the articles that did all the explaining cuz it didn't affect me Ughhhhh, cuz I was done and my testing was negative.

I was required @ 59 to get tested. Does that help at all. I have this really unusual family history thingy going on. Then Ginger comes in and snaps her finger. And Chevy bumfuzzled someone with her chicken's, then I geeked 'em.

Phillybracelet girl tells chicksoontobelikephillylockup, asks chickie if she got her picture posted yet. So, all chickie wanted was to .......get her picture on the wall. OH my is that our wall or the FBI wall. AND DDBF screwed up AHHHGAIN.

Okay Phyillcookiewithcream in it, pass the xeloda erhhh no, oreos's , no that's not it, ah pass the ativan.